Did you notice...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CyberFelon
It was kinda hard to spot, but when the politicians are talking about which senator would give Palpatine emergency powers, the blue guy with the horns (forgive me for not knowing his name) suggests Padme. Have a look at his face after he says it - he's got this look like he didn't even mean to say it. A slight hint at the mind tricks being used by Palpatine, I think.

Did anyone else notice?

ToMacco
Yeah. But I think it has to do with the fact that Padme left Jar Jar in charge. So Palpatine probably knew Jar Jar was weak minded.

yerssot
wasn't Padme opposed to the army-idea?

ToMacco
No, because no one had any idea that the clone army was being created. She was to vote to see if Palpatine got emergency powers.

peluffo
Nope. the vote was for the Army Creation, and Padme was against it.

see

http://www.holonetnews.com/56/news/13516_1.html

yerssot
so Jar Jar said yes because ... ?

Dexx
becasu stupid he is, and like him, i don't anymore

yerssot
ok, perhaps a real answer...

Corran
Jar Jar said yes, because he is weak and foolish, when it was suggested that some needs to propse that Palpatine be given emergency powers and then it was voiced "If only Padme was here", suggesting that she would have gone for this, Jar Jar took it upon himself to propose the emergency powers because he had been manipulated into thinking that's what Padme would have wanted.

You've gotta think that Padme has to take some of the blame for leaving Jar Jar in her place.

finti
I think Jar Jar said yes cause he actually thought it would help in this kind of desperate situation the senate was in, naiive maybe but I think he did it from the bottom of his heart as a nice gesture.

Dim
Yeah I think it was a sincere gesture on Jar Jar's part...but the others..I think they were in cohoots to manipulate him into doing it.

Gundark
I agree.

And tell me again the point of having Jimmy Smits in this movie ?

mah
laughing out loud

yerssot
because they wanted to show some dude that thinks he has a big role?

Emperor Helmet
Because he "IS" important and will be Leia's step-father.

FLIPMODE
Wait, we have to see another movie with him??

yerssot
it's a joke you know

peluffo
Actually, jarjar don't vote for "yes" at all, because the vote act don't get done. JarJar proposes For the "special powers" to THE MASTER= Palpy

Lord Zeta
Did anyone see the perky nipples padme had??
shouldn't they make her clothes thickeer coz this is a movie that little kids go to..............smokin' eek! eek!

Captain REX
Interesting observation Lord Zeta. laughing out loud

Welcome to the boards! smile

LaurenE147
roll eyes (sarcastic) Boys. (Sighs aggravatedly)

yerssot
luckily I'm not in that catagory

Billy The Kid
grrr.....why didnt I see that????eek!

LanceWindu
I think I saw it, but it looked more like the seams of the cloths she was wearing.

jedi fernando
i thought it was my fault.

LanceWindu
HaHaHa...wait that's not funny.

peluffo
confused
What's all this about??

Billy The Kid
I was wondering about that too confused

Lord Zeta
Noo
if u watch it closely when they(anakin and padme)were aboard the nabooian ship when they were leaving too safe obiwan u can see that they R not seams...............................wink

LaurenE147
Didn't the scene where they are saying that they wish that Padme was there sound rehearsed. I'm assuming that they meant it to sound rehearsed and I think that they shouldn't have done that because it should've been caught easily.

yerssot
in times of a crisis you don't pay attention to that

LaurenE147
But it was so fake. Somebody should've had the clarity to see through that.

yerssot
if you got news New York wants to seperate and that they have an army much and much bigger than the US Army... would you care about how others behave?

LaurenE147
If the president was a Sith Lord, yeah.

No wisecracks please.

yerssot
it's almost the same

master harmax
*siiigggghh* : Natalie Portman.

Corran
Yes, I noticed it as the seams too, but nice thought anyhow.

GordonSkywalker
Gosh,a lot of people like Natalie Portman,don't they?

Ushgarak
Well spotted.

master harmax
Why, don't u ? smile

GordonSkywalker
Of course I do! She's perfect! The dream woman of the new millenium! I was just testing the waters out here,that was all. It would have been no suprise to anyone if I had simply agreed to the earlier posts. I have seen several of her films and like her a great deal! Now that's cleared up,let us continue..... big grin

Julie
wow.....maybe that was a bit too defensive:-)
It's alright.....we don't bite

Corran
Well not too much.

GordonSkywalker
I sincerely hope that above comment was not aimed towards me.

Corran
I do believe it was Mr Skywalker.

Member.
jar jar is a really weird *****.

queeq
She is?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.