Jesse Custer with time to speak a sentence v The One Above All

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Whirlysplatt
smile

Discuss

Solidus Snake
it would depend on who spoke first

actually no. TOAA wins because all he has to do is think and jesse is dead. jesse ahs to speak

Creshosk
TOAA

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Solidus Snake
it would depend on who spoke first

actually no. TOAA wins because all he has to do is think and jesse is dead. jesse ahs to speak

Jesse has time to speak smile Its in the title smile

Its a parody of the DC bashing threads TOAA has no way out laughing

Creshosk
Hey, wanna waste a post in the Games versus section?

The Goku versus Superman thread, I'd like some more Whirly-ness in there.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Creshosk
Hey, wanna waste a post in the Games versus section?

The Goku versus Superman thread, I'd like some more Whirly-ness in there.

NO Goku threads are silly His power ups are hilarious and each power up has no bigger explosions but everybody stands watching saying "His Power Level its Unbelievable". The manga's are good though actually smile

CorderaMitchell
Indeed, the opponents match...

GalacticStorm
This is God versus a shard of himself.

Anyway in crossovers wouldnt TOAA and the Presence be one and the same. For example Phoenix in Marvel is the creation power source. In the Uncanny Xmen and Teen Titans crossover Phoenix and the Source were shown to be one and the same.

CorderaMitchell
I was talking about DBZ, but whats up!

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
This is God versus a shard of himself.

Anyway in crossovers wouldnt TOAA and the Presence be one and the same. For example Phoenix in Marvel is the creation power source. In the Uncanny Xmen and Teen Titans crossover Phoenix and the Source were shown to be one and the same.

No The power of Genesis is equal to the word of Godsmile

Read "The Preacher" blah blah blah blah blah blah "you don't understand the preacher" blah blah blah "Genesis ultimate mutation of Angels and Demons" blah blah blah. Old Testament, Caballa blah, blah smile

Jessie if he speaks can't lose smile

Know comicssmile

Stay Whirly rock

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
I was talking about DBZ, but whats up!

Cm must you think everythings about you stick out tongue

I was answering the topic not replying to you.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
No The power of Genesis is equal to the word of Godsmile

Read "The Preacher" blah blah blah blah blah blah "you don't understand the preacher" blah blah blah "Genesis ultimate mutation of Angels and Demons" blah blah blah. Old Testament, Caballa blah, blah smile

Jessie if he speaks can't lose smile

Know comicssmile

Stay Whirly rock

So basically what i said still stands right? wink

Cool. Happy Dance

Whirlysplatt
So basically what i said still stands right? wink

Cool. Happy Dance

Sort of smile

GalacticStorm
I do read Preacher you old fool. Because you told to me. Im only up to issue 10 though. I have Sandman 1 to 60 as well

Whirlysplatt
I do read Preacher you old fool. Because you told to me. Im only up to issue 10 though. I have Sandman 1 to 60 as well

Lol Preacher is quite good, have you read Doom Force by Grant Morrison yet? smile

GalacticStorm
Lol Preacher is quite good, have you read Doom Force by Grant Morrison yet? smile

I havent but i'll try and get hold of it today. Is the Invisibles any good?

Solidus Snake
Jesse has time to speak smile Its in the title smile

Its a parody of the DC bashing threads TOAA has no way out laughing

sorry whirly, i didnt read it carefully enough

jesse wins

Whirlysplatt
I havent but i'll try and get hold of it today. Is the Invisibles any good?

Yes its quite good.

Whirlysplatt
sorry whirly, i didnt read it carefully enough

jesse wins

No problems smile

GalacticStorm
Jesse wins against Gods power? Oooookay

Creshosk
Jesse wins against Gods power? Oooookay Appearently this guy is greater than god. . . kinda makes him a flase god since they put him before god, right?

jesse wins tho

"who are you?"

jesse would never ask that. anyone with a knowledge of the preacher knows he kicks ass first and asks questions later.

he stayed God's wrath already

God was scared of him. was God ever scared of phoenix? hardly

Well that makes the whole story stupid and contrived, now doesn't it?

smile

Whirlysplatt
Genesis is outside of Creation - Outside of Gods power smile Its contrived yes but it has to be for the satirical exploration of America and Catholicism. smile Slightly more adult themes than Wolverines latest costume change. smile

GalacticStorm
Can/has Jesse defeated the Presence?

Solidus Snake
he didnt have to. but he engineered God's demise

GalacticStorm
he didnt have to. but he engineered God's demise

Explain.

Solidus Snake
God was trying to get back into heaven, but he was scared of jesse finding out where he was because jese could stop him from returning to heaven. if he did jesse would have 'dealt' with him. so jesse made a deal with the saint of killers so taht he (the saint) would go back to heaven and wait on God to return to his throne of power. whilst God was off teh throne, he was vulnerable to teh saint.

in the end, jesse was struck down by a snipers bullet, gnesis escaped and was probably recaptured, and God made his way back to heaven where the saint waited for him and....well, the Saint is sitting on the throne now.

GalacticStorm
God was trying to get back into heaven, but he was scared of jesse finding out where he was because jese could stop him from returning to heaven. if he did jesse would have 'dealt' with him. so jesse made a deal with the saint of killers so taht he (the saint) would go back to heaven and wait on God to return to his throne of power. whilst God was off teh throne, he was vulnerable to teh saint.

in the end, jesse was struck down by a snipers bullet, gnesis escaped and was probably recaptured, and God made his way back to heaven where the saint waited for him and....well, the Saint is sitting on the throne now.

That snot main DC universe continuity is it?

That Presence sounds pathetic.

Either way what worked on him/it is not certain to work with TOAA who is more science based from what we've seen. Read up on the Omega Point Theory.

Solidus Snake
in the preacher series, it appeared that God's omnipotence came from the throne.

the book was very well written however. dont knock it b4 u read it.

Creshosk
in the preacher series, it appeared that God's omnipotence came from the throne.

the book was very well written however. dont knock it b4 u read it. Who created the throne?
smile

Whirlysplatt
Who created the throne?
smile

The word of God which he relinquished after turning away from his creation and going AWOL smile

BstrdMan
He did, I'm thinkin.
But, possibly like Sandman, when he created all those jewels and fancy-schmancy things to use, he used part of himself.

God might have done that, rendering him only omnipotent when he sat his arse down.

After he came from whatever corner of the garden the Adversary was talking about, and washing his hands.

GalacticStorm
The word of God which he relinquished after turning away from his creation and going AWOL smile

But TOAA hasnt done that. It isnt the same as the Presence in Marvel Comics. Its not religious its more science based in Marvel. This topic is lame. stick out tongue

Whirlysplatt
But TOAA hasnt done that. It isnt the same as the Presence in Marvel Comics. Its not religious its more science based in Marvel. This topic is lame. stick out tongue

More Science based laughing out loud right roll eyes (sarcastic) I see no

Keep the faith smile

Stay Whirly rock

Creshosk
How does something that's omnipresent go AWOL?

Whirlysplatt
How does something that's omnipresent go AWOL?

He wished to experience what he had created smile Like you walking in a garden you had tended smile

GalacticStorm
More Science based laughing out loud right roll eyes (sarcastic) I see no

Keep the faith smile

Stay Whirly rock

Id consider the omega point theory more science based than a universe run by a white bearded man and angels

Creshosk
He wished to experience what he had created smile Like you walking in a garden you had tended smile How does someone who's omniscient not know what its like?

Whirlysplatt
How does someone who's omniscient not know what its like?

Ahh because to see all does not mean to experience all smile

Neither does Omnipotence or Omnipresence laughing out loud

Whirlysplatt
That snot main DC universe continuity is it?

That Presence sounds pathetic.

Either way what worked on him/it is not certain to work with TOAA who is more science based from what we've seen. Read up on the Omega Point Theory.

Gods not the Prescence laughing out loud or the Source

Whirlysplatt
Id consider the omega point theory more science based than a universe run by a white bearded man and angels

I wouldn't lol both are ridiculous smile

Creshosk
Ahh because to see all does not mean to experience all smile

Neither does Omnipotence or Omnipresence laughing out loud

How can someone that's omnipresent not experience something?

How can someone that's omniscient not know what it's like to experience something?

How can someone who's omnipotent not have a safe guard, like being able to project himself out?

Whirlysplatt
Omnipresent only means being everywhere not experience or everything

Omniscient means seeing everything and knowing everything in some explanations. Knowledge is not necessarily experience. Certainly not when divinity and mortality are concerned smile

Creshosk
So you can be somewhere without experienceing something?

You can know exactly what something is like but that's not having the experience?

No, still sounds like PIS for God to want to leave to experience something.

Whirlysplatt
So you can be somewhere without experienceing something?

You can know exactly what something is like but that's not having the experience?

No, still sounds like PIS for God to want to leave to experience something.

Not really of course you can be somewhere and not experience it - Voyeaurism at the sit in the corner and watch in an orgy level. smile

Creshosk
Not really of course you can be somewhere and not experience it - Voyeaurism at the sit in the corner and watch in an orgy level. smile So you actually have to be somewhere doing something in order to know what its like?

Whirlysplatt
So you actually have to be somewhere doing something in order to know what its like?

I think so - till then your still a virgin smile

Creshosk
I think so - till then your still a virgin smile But if you already know what its like, why would you want to experience something that might wind up with you being beaten?

Whirlysplatt
But if you already know what its like, why would you want to experience something that might wind up with you being beaten?

I don't know smile I'm not into S and M ask anyone who reads The Marquis De Sade. smile

Can you say plot device to explore esoteric and philosphical ideas in America's original art form the comic book?

smile

Creshosk
I don't know I'm not into S and M ask anyone who reads The Marquis De Sade. smile Don't have to, I'm quite familar with his works. What's funny is some people actually think that some of his stories were intended to arouse, but they seemed more like a satire of human nature.

Can you say plot device to explore esoteric and philosphical ideas in America's original art form the comic book?

smile Much like. . . oh huh, so he's REALLY not a serious aspect and it's much like putting the Looney tunes up against their more serious counterparts.

Whirlysplatt
Don't have to, I'm quite familar with his works. What's funny is some people actually think that some of his stories were intended to arouse, but they seemed more like a satire of human nature.

They arouse some people. smile Your into th Marquis are youwink

Creshosk
They arouse some people. smile Your into th Marquis are youwink Actually I got interested in his works because he was controversial. So I wanted to see what the fuss was all about.

He was simply ahead of his time. . . of course nowaday nobody we really pay attention to him and give him the notoriety that he got back then . . .

Whirlysplatt
Actually I got interested in his works because he was controversial. So I wanted to see what the fuss was all about.

He was simply ahead of his time. . . of course nowaday nobody we really pay attention to him and give him the notoriety that he got back then . . .

True enough its all pretty tame really compared to today's stuff smile

Creshosk
True enough its all pretty tame really compared to today's stuff smile As are most things that were shocking and controversial in the past. . .of course then without those would we be where we are today?

And is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Whirlysplatt
As are most things that were shocking and controversial in the past. . .of course then without those would we be where we are today?

And is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Are a question for the GDF imo. smile

Pointinel
im glad the preacher gets some love.

bout time smile

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Pointinel
im glad the preacher gets some love.

bout time smile

True enough smile

hawkwind
so this is the word of god vs god and the word is absolute.and god(TOAA)is all powerful. so its all powerful vs absolute.jesse could tell him to cease to exist i suppose. however god did bite his eye out when jesse tried using the word on him.so i give this to TOAA.

Creshosk
It's a paradox that hasn't officially been brought up as such.

I mean the closest we've heard of is the immovable object versus the irresistible force.

But what about two omnipotents fighting each other. . .

Whirlysplatt
Makes you wonder what the point of this thread was shifty

smile

Creshosk
Makes you wonder what the point of this thread was shifty

smile To help educate the masses about the Preacher?

It's a nice attempt but some people just don't comprehensively read a thread.

I very much suspect that every thread has a person who has made one post then never been back to see what was said.

I learned more about him though so it's not a total loss.

Whirlysplatt
To help educate the masses about the Preacher?

It's a nice attempt but some people just don't comprehensively read a thread.

I very much suspect that every thread has a person who has made one post then never been back to see what was said.

I learned more about him though so it's not a total loss.

smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.