Morpheus in the Dreaming v Phoenix

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Whirlysplatt
I argue the Dreaming is outside of the accepted Universe. Therefore outside of Phoenix Jurisdiction. Although it is part of creation smile Just not Phoenix's.

shifty

Who thinks Phoenix could do anything against Morpheus's will here?

smile

colossus17
no more essays!

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by colossus17
no more essays!

I wonder who you could mean C17 shifty

I suspect we have one coming smile

colossus17
Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
I wonder who you could mean C17 shifty

I suspect we have one coming smile

indeed i feel that 2....

Pointinel
damn whirly

youve been promoting Vertigo lately... you agree with me that their the best comic publisher out right now?

i mean, take a look:

1.Sandman
2.Death
3.Swamp Thing
4.Hellblazer
5.Fables
6.Animal man
7.WE3

on and on.... quality and quantity.

colossus17
Originally posted by Pointinel
damn whirly

youve been promoting Vertigo lately... you agree with me that their the best comic publisher out right now?

i mean, take a look:

1.Sandman
2.Death
3.Swamp Thing
4.Hellblazer
5.Fables
6.Animal man
7.WE3

lol whirly dosent give a shit about that....he just wants to piss off GS so we will get another essay...about pheonix being the hand of god reading

Pointinel
oh, i really thought he like Vertigo.

sad

colossus17
oh, i really thought he like Vertigo.

sad

whirly prob does..like vertigo.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

kgkg
Phoenix wins no essay needed

Whirlysplatt
damn whirly

i mean, take a look:

1.Sandman
2.Death
3.Swamp Thing
4.Hellblazer
5.Fables
6.Animal man
7.WE3

I certainly love Vertigo books.

At the moment I also really love Supreme Power, Ultimates and Ultimate secret, Justice, Miller and Lees Batman and Robin and a few other thingssmile

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by kgkg
Phoenix wins no essay needed

lol in the Dremaing right no smile

kgkg
lol in the Dremaing right no smile
Well Gs is obviously overrating PF.

But I would think someone like the Endless can't handle PF.

Then again GS was saying PF would own LT , and Lucifer soooooooo anyways.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by kgkg
Well Gs is obviously overrating PF.

But I would think someone like the Endless can't handle PF.

Then again GS was saying PF would own LT , and Lucifer soooooooo anyways.

In the dreaming I think Phoenix would be Powerless and yup your above post is quite perceptive. smile

leonidas
whirly, man, you are too damn much! but i'll play along and say this might well be outside the pf's influence, though i'll confess to not having a full understanding of what the origin of morpheus's world is. isn't it simply the accumulated dream . . . energy of everyone?

and i agree kg - the gs-force does well up to a certain point, but like you i think he goes a bit overboard at times . . .

thankfully for all of us, whirly has made it his life's goal to be the wet-rag on the GS-force's plan to rule us all through the somnambulant power of . . . the ESSAY . . . evil face

olympian
Morpheaus in the dreaming.

BstrdMan
Morpheus.
There's a reason they call him one of the "Endless".
That, and Phoenix would also have to deal with Death as well. She's protective about her gothy brother.

long pig
Does Morpheus get his green gas gun?

BstrdMan
'Green Gas Gun'...?

grey fox
Shhhh do you feel it , a disturbance in the phoneix force .... it was if a thousand vocies were screaming in terror and then were suddenly silenced by a giant essay -Grey fox kenobi

leonheartmm
useless, whats the pheonix force gonna do against an endless, one who has jurisdiction over many multiverses.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by leonidas
whirly, man, you are too damn much! but i'll play along and say this might well be outside the pf's influence, though i'll confess to not having a full understanding of what the origin of morpheus's world is. isn't it simply the accumulated dream . . . energy of everyone?

and i agree kg - the gs-force does well up to a certain point, but like you i think he goes a bit overboard at times . . .

thankfully for all of us, whirly has made it his life's goal to be the wet-rag on the GS-force's plan to rule us all through the somnambulant power of . . . the ESSAY . . . evil face

Thanks Leo smile

Onikirimaru
Originally posted by grey fox
Shhhh do you feel it , a disturbance in the phoneix force .... it was if a thousand vocies were screaming in terror and then were suddenly silenced by a giant essay -Grey fox kenobi

lol

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Onikirimaru
lol

smile

Solidus Snake
Originally posted by leonheartmm
useless, whats the pheonix force gonna do against an endless, one who has jurisdiction over many multiverses.

ill tell u what phoenix will do......

nothing

Zahit
i wonder what the phoenix-force dreams.......

Richrf
Originally posted by Solidus Snake
ill tell u what phoenix will do......

nothing

Well at the very least it will send GS here to write essays in this thread.

BTW where is he??

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Richrf
Well at the very least it will send GS here to write essays in this thread.

BTW where is he??

lol hastily reading up on the Sandman smile I suspect my friend smile Ready to right more clueless supposition smile

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Zahit
i wonder what the phoenix-force dreams.......

Of being as powerful as GS thinks it is laughing out loud imo Zahit smile

Zahit
lol hastily reading up on the Sandman smile I suspect my friend smile Ready to right more clueless supposition smile
maybe he's keeping the faith by trying to stay whirly...

Whirlysplatt
maybe he's keeping the faith by trying to stay whirly...

Could be, could be homer

Richrf

Don't really see why he has to read up. Accrding to him Unless the opposition is TOAA (and even then you get a long essay on how it can't actually lose), PF wins.

Just cut and paste one of the essays will do. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Creshosk
You remember what I said about you once before a long time ago?

Yeah, you just proved me wrong, I shoulda stuck with what you thought I was saying.

You know who you are.

Richrf
Originally posted by Creshosk
You remember what I said about you once before a long time ago?

Yeah, you just proved me wrong, I shoulda stuck with what you thought I was saying.

You know who you are.

Who???

BstrdMan
damn whirly

i mean, take a look:

1.Sandman
2.Death
3.Swamp Thing
4.Hellblazer
5.Fables
6.Animal man
7.WE3

Hey.. Don't forget Transmetropolitan.

Pointinel
^and that too... plus the soon to be "classic" Y:the last man

Richrf
Still no GS?

Wow, I think if he doesn't show soon, I will be forced to defend the honor of the Phoenix force!

Creshosk
Still no GS?

Wow, I think if he doesn't show soon, I will be forced to defend the honor of the Phoenix force! He went to Egypt for a week.

Richrf
Originally posted by Creshosk
He went to Egypt for a week.

A week?? Who's going to defend the Phoenix then??

Zahit
What's to defend?
No one is saying Phoenix isn't uber-powerful....
but The Endless are just below God and a few angels like
Lucifer and Michael. C'mon now people....Morpheus talks to
the stars and planets about thier dreams.......a little perspective.

Whirlysplatt
What's to defend?
No one is saying Phoenix isn't uber-powerful....
but The Endless are just below God and a few angels like
Lucifer and Michael. C'mon now people....Morpheus talks to
the stars and planets about thier dreams.......a little perspective.

Its so true smile

Zahit
Morpheus keeps the faith

he stays whirly rock

Richrf

Richrf
Did I get most of it?

Zahit

Whirlysplatt
Watch who you call son, boy!
I've read more comics than you'll ever see, boy.
By the way, blah blah blah is hardly a way to get your point across.
Zahit my friend he is taking the mickey out of what Galactic strom says, the "my son" bit is what GS says to everyone as is the rest od Rich's poat he is mocking GS not you buddy. Only an idiot woould mock your comic knowledge everyone knows you know your shit bigtime.

Zahit
Zahit my friend he is taking the mickey out of what Galactic strom says, the "my son" bit is what GS says to everyone as is the rest od Rich's poat he is mocking GS not you buddy. Only an idiot woould mock your comic knowledge everyone knows you know your shit bigtime.
oh..... embarrasment

Whirlysplatt
oh..... embarrasment

smile everythings cool my friend you didn't know smile

Phoenix_Avatar9

Dizzle

kgkg
Originally posted by Dizzle
Sad how he took out 3/4 of the words and still has a pretty long post... I love it. laughing

And of course. God's screwdriver>>>everything. Until God gets a nail gun. TurboPhoenix 2.0... Ultimate mutation but better. And with more precision, and efficiency. Just insert batteries here, and... It'll be awesome.

Oh yeah... Living Tribunal wins. big grin
Long Live the Living Tribunal

ImmortalOne
AT LAST SOMEONE GIVES SOME RESPECT TO THE THREE_FACED DUDE !!!!

doomsday49
Dream is a property of reality(Did that sound right? Of course it does cause freud said so.lol) and phoenix is the creating force of reality. So......can a landlord dispatch of a no longer useful piece of furniture? Of course he can. Phoenix owns morpheus.

Richrf
Originally posted by Phoenix_Avatar9
WHOLE lot easier to understand than Galactic sometimes

Who needs Galacticstorm? smile

ImmortalOne
THe forums will run short of PF essays if not for GS, and in the words of Don King......... Why cant we all just get along ??

MERCILOUS
In the Sandman books, it clearly states that the Endless are far more durable than any God(s). They are concept, and will exist even if there is no one to think of them unlike any God(s). So if pheonix force is but a mere part of a god, then it is likely that the concept of dream can infact defeat it. However, Destruction, is hinted at being creation and the basis of all life, and he is a concept more powerful than dream (possibly) so there is a chance that the pheonix plays this role in the marvel universe. This wouldn't be possible of course if "The Pressence" and "The One Above All" are equals though, since it would put the pheonix at a lower peg then the Abstracts in question.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by MERCILOUS
In the Sandman books, it clearly states that the Endless are far more durable than any God(s). They are concept, and will exist even if there is no one to think of them unlike any God(s). So if pheonix force is but a mere part of a god, then it is likely that the concept of dream can infact defeat it. However, Destruction, is hinted at being creation and the basis of all life, and he is a concept more powerful than dream (possibly) so there is a chance that the pheonix plays this role in the marvel universe. This wouldn't be possible of course if "The Pressence" and "The One Above All" are equals though, since it would put the pheonix at a lower peg then the Abstracts in question.

Praise be all thats holy confused I agree with Mercilous confused

smile

MERCILOUS
Praise be all thats holy confused I agree with Mercilous confused

smile

And why wouldn't you, I'm a smart cookie. We didn't always disagree you know.

olympian
"Praise be all thats holy I agree with Mercilous"

Is the Doomsday really upon us?

P.S- its not like i ever recall see you two arguing much, then again it was something that had to be said.

Greetings.

Richrf
Originally posted by MERCILOUS

You saying The Endless beats The presence/the source/the one above all??

Oh damn, okay you win. PF loses.

Please accept my surrender for the Phoenix force camp.

MERCILOUS
You saying The Endless beats The presence/the source/the one above all??

Oh damn, okay you win. PF loses.

Please accept my surrender for the Phoenix force camp.

Yup, read Sandman, it clearly says Gods are beneath them (and they say it without discrimination so you know they're talking about your god too.)

Richrf
My God is almighty, the creator of the universe and creation and everything. Not zeus, or Odin or any of the limited skyfathers.

I guess we got to wait until GS gets back, though even HE admits PF is inferior to The Source/The presence etc, so I'm, not sure what he can do even with his patented GS phoenix force essays.

Superherovandal
who are the Endless?

MERCILOUS
My God is almighty, the creator of the universe and creation and everything. Not zeus, or Odin or any of the limited skyfathers.

I guess we got to wait until GS gets back, though even HE admits PF is inferior to The Source/The presence etc, so I'm, not sure what he can do even with his patented GS phoenix force essays.

Yup, it makes it clear they're superior to that.

Richrf
Okay I'll accept defeat for now, until our cult leader GS returns.

Richrf
Bump

Whirlysplatt
So we all agree except for GS and maybe Wannabe that Morpheus in the dreaming beats GS.

Superherovandal read Sandman "A game of you" if I told you about the Endless it would spoil it. smile

Avalonofthewind
Could someone explain this? I thought Phoenix was supposed to be all powerful?

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/Xorneto.jpg

demigawd
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind

Easy explanation....Magneto is the fukin MAN!

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by demigawd
Easy explanation....Magneto is the fukin MAN!

I know you'd love that pic.

Seriously though...for all the phoenix hype on this board...an emp is all it takes?

demigawd
I know you'd love that pic.

Seriously though...for all the phoenix hype on this board...an emp is all it takes?

Well, to be fair:

1)That EMP was HELLUVA powerful! We're talking about Mag-****in-neto here! Whooo! WHOOOO!

2) (and more importantly to the debate) it didn't actually kill Phoenix, just Jean. Phoenix was up and running the next issue, screwing around with the timestream, like all-powerful supercosmics are wont to do. those silly kids...

demigawd
Oh, and 3) that turned out to be Xorn's brother Xorn (not a typo), not Magneto. sad

But that's ok, Magneto already owned Phoenix, so spread the wealth to ill-conceived copycats...

GalacticStorm

Jean is an avatar of the Phoenix Force. She manifests into creation to carry out her phoenix work and can draw on enough power to carry out the orders of the Crown Consciousess. In the above issue (New Xmen 150) Jean talks of having work to do elsewhere and she says she doesnt know how long she will be permitted to stay in the 616 reality because of her commitments. Jeans existence at that moment in time wasnt necessary so her physical body was permitted to die. Jean later manifested next issue 150 years in the future (In the "Here Comes Tomorrow" story arc) to carry out her "destined disinfection" of earth. In other words the destruction of the evil Sublime. With that done she left the multiverse to go back to the white hot room, the afterlife of marvel where she will remain until her phoenix work is next required down in creation. If Jeans work required her to stay in that reality then she would have saved herself. However her death was required to bring about the events that would turn into the "Here Comes Tomorrow" reality. Ok?

Richrf
Hmm still no comment on the Endless? I guess they really beat PF's ass!

GalacticStorm
Hmm still no comment on the Endless? I guess they really beat PF's ass!

Rich grow up stop trying to make a name for yourself. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Jean as the White Crown phoenix is up there with Michael and Lucifer to whom the Endless are nothing. wink

Richrf
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Rich grow up stop trying to make a name for yourself. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Jean as the White Crown phoenix is up there with Michael and Lucifer to whom the Endless are nothing. wink

Hmm but it seems that the endless will outlast PF. Is that true?

Whirlysplatt
Jean is an avatar of the Phoenix Force. She manifests into creation to carry out her phoenix work and can draw on enough power to carry out the orders of the Crown Consciousess. In the above issue (New Xmen 150) Jean talks of having work to do elsewhere and she says she doesnt know how long she will be permitted to stay in the 616 reality because of her commitments. Jeans existence at that moment in time wasnt necessary so her physical body was permitted to die. Jean later manifested next issue 150 years in the future (In the "Here Comes Tomorrow" story arc) to carry out her "destined disinfection" of earth. In other words the destruction of the evil Sublime. With that done she left the multiverse to go back to the white hot room, the afterlife of marvel where she will remain until her phoenix work is next required down in creation. If Jeans work required her to stay in that reality then she would have saved herself. However her death was required to bring about the events that would turn into the "Here Comes Tomorrow" reality. Ok?

So she lost a battle smile I thought her ultimate mutation made her one with the Phoenix force and not an avater, you contradict yourself again smile

EvilCap America
Mister Dreamy would laugh at the PF then reach into old story of her and pull out a moment she got her rear end kicked or worse simply make her into the point AFTER Marvel figures out making the universe revole around x-men is idiotic and makes her a mino0r cosmic being again

GalacticStorm
So she lost a battle smile I thought her ultimate mutation made her one with the Phoenix force and not an avater, you contradict yourself again smile

Once again Whirly shows he doesnt acknowledge the posts of the opposition and demonstrates a lack of understanding and inability to correctly interpret information laid out before him. Ive never ever said Jean wasnt an avatar. Jean is an avatar. An avatar by definition is an earthly manifestation of a divine force. Ive always said that Jean was an avatar ive said that Jean is not a HOST. Check back to previous threads and you'll see once again the perceived contradiction is merely in your head. eek! laughing out loud

GalacticStorm
Hmm but it seems that the endless will outlast PF. Is that true?

The Phoenix Force derives from the Crown, Marvels equivalent of the Presence. The Endless arent outlasting nothing roll eyes (sarcastic)

supremthor
but death well always be around as long as the very concept of the phoneix lives.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by supremthor
but death well always be around as long as the very concept of the phoneix lives.

In Marvel Phoenix creates Death. Death doesnt exist until Phoenix creates life.

Whirlysplatt
Thats Marvel again apples and oranges, nice to see most of the posters on this thread you excluded were Phoenix sceptics I guess its a maturity thing looking at many of the posters here. smile

Whirlysplatt

yes its magneto killing Phoenix Avalon old pal smile

Excellent post and a point well made smile

Mider
he can always send her to hell

leonheartmm
pheonix never created death in marvel. gs u have contradicted urself again. ur warping the very meaning of english language. an avatar means wielder/host, u said before that jean is not a host or an avatar but a physical manifestation of the pheonix force that the force itself created{which is different from an avatar as an avatar by definition is sum1 to whom sumthing is given or whom sum force has chosen, it doesnt in the weakest meaning say that its sumthing that the force MAKES and if jean IS the pheonix as u say, than she cant be an avatar

oh btw morpheus wins, he works on a megaversal level while jean is only universal, same for pheonix.

leonidas
ahh, one of my favourites . . . love

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by leonheartmm
pheonix never created death in marvel. gs u have contradicted urself again. ur warping the very meaning of english language. an avatar means wielder/host, u said before that jean is not a host or an avatar but a physical manifestation of the pheonix force that the force itself created{which is different from an avatar as an avatar by definition is sum1 to whom sumthing is given or whom sum force has chosen, it doesnt in the weakest meaning say that its sumthing that the force MAKES and if jean IS the pheonix as u say, than she cant be an avatar

oh btw morpheus wins, he works on a megaversal level while jean is only universal, same for pheonix.

Dont presume to lecture me about anything boy. roll eyes (sarcastic)

An avatar in its true meaning is a physical manifestation of something. It is not merely a host or wielder of a power. That is the reason why Jean is the only true avatar. Jean is Phoenix in physical form.

Morpheus does not work on a megaversal level son. I have read all of Sandman you clearly have not. Phoenix is a multiversal entity who manifests at a universal level. To be able to hold a universe in your hand should be proof enough to any idiot that Jean is beyond the universal. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Phoenix wins. big grin

grey fox
You know I saw the title of this thread and just had this inkling that gs would be drowning everyone in essays. Big up to the smothering of your opponents in paper GS

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by grey fox
You know I saw the title of this thread and just had this inkling that gs would be drowning everyone in essays. Big up to the smothering of your opponents in paper GS

big grin

leonidas
paper? blink

Sir Whirlysplat

You're not old enough to call anyone boy - boy

An avatar in its true meaning is a physical manifestation of something. It is not merely a host or wielder of a power. That is the reason why Jean is the only true avatar. Jean is Phoenix in physical form.

Morpheus does not work on a megaversal level son. I have read all of Sandman you clearly have not. Phoenix is a multiversal entity who manifests at a universal level. To be able to hold a universe in your hand should be proof enough to any idiot that Jean is beyond the universal. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Phoenix wins. big grin

Here's a tip: no one will ever know that you've had a lobotomy if you wear a wig to hide to the scars; stop posting your drivel on message boards, and learn to control the slobbering. You wouldn't know Up from Down if you had three guesses. Reading your post makes blindness a wonderful thing to look forward to. I am reminded of something relevant that Benjamin Disraeli said: "He was distinguished for ignorance - for he had only one idea and that was wrong."

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
You're not old enough to call anyone boy - boy

Here's a tip: no one will ever know that you've had a lobotomy if you wear a wig to hide to the scars; stop posting your drivel on message boards, and learn to control the slobbering. You wouldn't know Up from Down if you had three guesses. Reading your post makes blindness a wonderful thing to look forward to. I am reminded of something relevant that Benjamin Disraeli said: "He was distinguished for ignorance - for he had only one idea and that was wrong."

More humourless tripe from a silly old man. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Noone cares for your drivel. Keep it to yourself. Youre inconsequential. smile

Sir Whirlysplat
More humourless tripe from a silly old man. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Noone cares for your drivel. Keep it to yourself. Youre inconsequential. smile

You read like a gimpzoid teenager splashing spit onto the monitor. Dont you ever have a point beyond giving your fingers some exercise by dancing them randomly over the keyboard? If you're going to say something that ignorant, you could at least fake a stroke. Have you ever noticed that whenever you sit behind a keyboard, some idiot starts typing?

GalacticStorm
You read like a gimpzoid teenager splashing spit onto the monitor. Dont you ever have a point beyond giving your fingers some exercise by dancing them randomly over the keyboard? If you're going to say something that ignorant, you could at least fake a stroke. Have you ever noticed that whenever you sit behind a keyboard, some idiot starts typing?

Plagiarism gets you nowhere old man. wink

If youre still hurting from previous threads then PM me. Dont ruin threads with your garbage. Noone cares. no

Just know that as youre typing post after post getting increasingly frustrated im here with a big smile on my face. big grin

Sir Whirlysplat
Plagiarism gets you nowhere old man. wink

If youre still hurting from previous threads then PM me. Dont ruin threads with your garbage. Noone cares. no

Just know that as youre typing post after post getting increasingly frustrated im here with a big smile on my face. big grin

Plagiarism do you even know what that means? No? Anyway, I'm not really good with fools, but a friend who is good with fools wrote something down for me. Oh, yeah, "Shut your cake-hole, stupid!"

GalacticStorm
Plagiarism do you ven know what that means? No? Anyway, I'm not really good with fools, but a friend who is good with fools wrote something down for me. Oh, yeah, "Shut your cake-hole, stupid!"

yes

Sir Whirlysplat
yes

Your intellectual poverty is noted, and mocked.

GalacticStorm
Your intellectual poverty is noted, and mocked.

If you were anything other than inconsequential im sure id be offended. smile

Sir Whirlysplat
If you were anything other than inconsequential im sure id be offended. smile

I was about to engage in some serious debate about what you just stated but then i remembered that I dont give a damn and neither does anyone else. There you were reigning supreme at number 2. smile

GalacticStorm
I was about to engage in some serious debate about what you just stated but then i remembered that I dont give a damn and neither does anyone else. There you were reigning supreme at number 2. smile

For someone who claims to not give a damn i find it quite odd how your first post of the day was an attack on me confused

Number 2? I hope you wouldnt be so presumptious as to rank yourself at number 1. Now that would be hilarious. laughing out loud

Sir Whirlysplat
For someone who claims to not give a damn i find it quite odd how your first post of the day was an attack on me confused

Number 2? I hope you wouldnt be so presumptious as to rank yourself at number 1. Now that would be hilarious. laughing out loud

Nah this is hilarious:

I don't think you are a fool, but what's my opinion compared to that of thousands of others.

GalacticStorm
Nah this is hilarious:

I don't think you are a fool, but what's my opinion compared to that of thousands of others.

Another misguided attempt at revenge. roll eyes (sarcastic) Who wouldve thought a forum spanking could affect a grown man so?

Get a life old guy this is quite embarassing. I pity you. sad

Sir Whirlysplat
Another misguided attempt at revenge. roll eyes (sarcastic) Who wouldve thought a forum spanking could affect a grown man so?

Get a life old guy this is quite embarassing. I pity you. sad

No I'm embarassing you smile The Anti-Moron? software on my PC went crazy when I started to read your post. I understand what you are trying to say, even though you obviously don't.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.