Power Cosmic VS. The Omega Beams

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sentry
Which is more powerful?

Which is more versatile?

Debate.

Juntai
Omega beams dropped Surfer in one shot.

GalacticStorm
Power Cosmic. Are the omega beams just the name DS calls his energy blasts or does he tap into some omega force or something? If he doesnt then power cosmic easily because Galactus wields power cosmic and he would sh*t on current DS. Look at what he can do with the power c

Juntai
Galactus is a different story...
Outside of Galactus, the Omega beams are certainly more powerful.
However, regardless of wielder, it seems that Cosmic power is more versatile.

Draco69
Actually the Omega Beams at full potential are the Anti-Life Equation...which far outstrips the Power Cosmic.

colossus17
Originally posted by Draco69
Actually the Omega Beams at full potential are the Anti-Life Equation...which far outstrips the Power Cosmic.

not this days........

Juntai
Originally posted by colossus17
not this days........ Show me someone outside of Superman handling DS or the Omega Beams? It's not that DS is downgraded, it's that Supes is on another level after his sundip in OWAW, and counting also that each year in the sun his power magnifies.

soleran30
Well define power..........OB can take life but is that more "powerful" than cosmic power which has so many more possibilities than just incinerating things.

Powerwise I give it to cosmic only because it has so many vast uses and so much power in itself it far outstrips what an OB can do.

Juntai
Originally posted by Draco69
The Anti-Life equation would result in Darksied running the universe... however, I recall reading that the anti-life equation is hidden away in Superman's DNA.. it's unlikely he would ever get ahold of it.. but providing he did and even had a grasp at what he was seeing, the potential is incaculable.

Juntai
Originally posted by soleran30
Well define power..........OB can take life but is that more "powerful" than cosmic power which has so many more possibilities than just incinerating things.

Powerwise I give it to cosmic only because it has so many vast uses and so much power in itself it far outstrips what an OB can do. That's versatility.
Don't confuse the two.
It asked which is better in both scenarios.

GalacticStorm
To be fair, this thread is the power cosmic (which is rather open ended) Vs the omega beams. Not the anti life equation. So by its nature its one sided. I can say look at what Galactus can do with the power cosmic and the only possible come back is a referrence to what current DS has actually been shown to do in the comics with his omega beams. That is the reason power cosmic wins.

Sentry
Originally posted by Juntai
Omega beams dropped Surfer in one shot.

He dropped Surfer from behind. If Surfer had seen the attack coming, he could have certainly countered with a blast of power cosmic. Omega Beams had no effect whatsoever on a weak and hungry Galactus. Did you see what Surfer did to Orion in that crossover?

Sentry
Power cosmic endows beings such as Surfer, Morg, Terrax, Thanos, and even Galactus himself with unimaginable power.

colossus17
Show me someone outside of Superman handling DS or the Omega Beams? It's not that DS is downgraded, it's that Supes is on another level after his sundip in OWAW, and counting also that each year in the sun his power magnifies.

batman

armandovalles
Thanos doesnt have the Power Cosmic. His power is his birthright, he is a Titan. Galactus himself also has a huge amount of Power Cosmic, so much that his power should be described more like Uber-Power Cosmic.

colossus17
Originally posted by armandovalles
Thanos doesnt have the Power Cosmic. His power is his birthright, he is a Titan. Galactus himself also has a huge amount of Power Cosmic, so much that his power should be described more like Uber-Power Cosmic.

galactus "IS" the power cosmic

Solidus Snake
the omega effect is brutal indeed.

the power cosmic is more versatile though.

the darkseid from the hunger could drop any herald with his omega beams

Sentry
Originally posted by armandovalles

Thanos can tap vast quantities of power cosmic armand. Why do you think nearly every herald sent against him gets his ass kicked.

Certain beings have the ability to tap the power cosmic. It's practically everywhere. Just like chi.

Juntai
batman Batman had NEW GOD tech, prep time a good plan, preemptive strike and still got the shit smacked out of him. Granted he OUTSMARTED Darkseid, by reprogramming the world destroying devices, but in no means did he stand up to him. Even the motherbox and NEW GOD tech was crumbling away as Darkseid smashed him. Batman foiled his plans, as he likely always would, but he didn't beat him physically.

colossus17
Batman had NEW GOD tech, prep time a good plan, preemptive strike and still got the shit smacked out of him. Granted he OUTSMARTED Darkseid, by reprogramming the world destroying devices, but in no means did he stand up to him. Even the motherbox and NEW GOD tech was crumbling away as Darkseid smashed him. Batman foiled his plans, as he likely always would, but he didn't beat him physically.

he didnt have all this shit he just had barda's broken mother box....darkseid went to 5 months of therapy after that...he could not come to terms how a guy in a bat suit beat him

Juntai
Originally posted by Sentry
He dropped Surfer from behind. If Surfer had seen the attack coming, he could have certainly countered with a blast of power cosmic. Omega Beams had no effect whatsoever on a weak and hungry Galactus. Did you see what Surfer did to Orion in that crossover? Yet, in OWAW, Darksied was battling IMPERIEX with the eye beams. Not to say he was defeating him in one shot or something, but battling him none-the-less.

Juntai
he didnt have all this shit he just had barda's broken mother box....darkseid went to 5 months of therapy after that...he could not come to terms how a guy in a bat suit beat him Are you talking about in Batman/Superman? Darksied smashed the shit out of him. He was wearing New God armor and had Bardas Motherbox, which was working and protecting him from the attacks, he even said it himself, so I don't see how it was broken.. it worked fine... Post the scans. Darkseid got outsmarted not beaten. The motherbox gave out, and the New God Armor was being smashed to pieces, and he didn't even use the eyebeams if I remember right.

Batman had told him about how he reprogrammed the bombs and Darkseid was like "Well played, had they come alone, they would have been defeated, but you're the only one willing to blow up a whole planet for a victory.", and they he let them go.

colossus17
Are you talking about in Batman/Superman? Darksied smashed the shit out of him. He was wearing New God armor and had Bardas Motherbox, which was working and protecting him from the attacks, he even said it himself, so I don't see how it was broken.. it worked fine... Post the scans. Darkseid got outsmarted not beaten. The motherbox gave out, and the New God Armor was being smashed to pieces, and he didn't even use the eyebeams if I remember right.

it wasent working 100% he even said so

Lord S
He dropped Surfer from behind. If Surfer had seen the attack coming, he could have certainly countered with a blast of power cosmic. Omega Beams had no effect whatsoever on a weak and hungry Galactus. Did you see what Surfer did to Orion in that crossover? Actually that was the Omega Effect that was shown to be useless against Galactus.

Thanos can tap vast quantities of power cosmic Can you provide proof of this?

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Lord S

Can you provide proof of this?

Isnt the power cosmic just the ambient cosmic energy of the universe? Whats there to prove?

colossus17
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Isnt the power cosmic just the ambient cosmic energy of the universe? Whats there to prove?
yeah u show them dude....!

snoopdogg
I would rather take a hit from a power cosmic blast than one of Darkseids Omega beams.................

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by snoopdogg
I would rather take a hit from a power cosmic blast than one of Darkseids Omega beams.................

Id rather take a hit from DS's omega beams than a blast of cosmic energy from Galactus.

Sentry
Originally posted by snoopdogg

Everyone including Aunt May will survive an Omega Beam blast now.

snoopdogg
Everyone including Aunt May will survive an Omega Beam blast now. I thought he recently turned Supergirl into dust.

golem370
Ain't this the same think like Omega Beam vs Incinerator Beam one is Omega and the other is Cosmic and they both have the same function to destroy anything it hits.

Nataku8188
The power cosmic gives you the ability to absorb and manipulate cosmic energy. Thanos does not do this, Thanos derives his power from other means.

The power cosmic can do almost anything it's user wants. Surfer has used it in the realm of Chaos and Order (where magic comes from in the MU, or something to that effect. Ask Long Pig, he's the MU magic guy) and stated he could do anything he wished with it.

I've never seen him NOT be able to do something that he wanted with his power cosmic, and I've read the first 60 issues of SSv3, all of v2 and v4.

The power cosmic isn't at a set power, so therefore it can be greater or weaker than omega beams, depending on the user and their application of it.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Nataku8188
The power cosmic gives you the ability to absorb and manipulate cosmic energy. Thanos does not do this, Thanos derives his power from other means.

The power cosmic can do almost anything it's user wants. Surfer has used it in the realm of Chaos and Order (where magic comes from in the MU, or something to that effect. Ask Long Pig, he's the MU magic guy) and stated he could do anything he wished with it.

I've never seen him NOT be able to do something that he wanted with his power cosmic, and I've read the first 60 issues of SSv3, all of v2 and v4.

The power cosmic isn't at a set power, so therefore it can be greater or weaker than omega beams, depending on the user and their application of it.

Oh i see. So theres been a confusion between the ability to tap into and manipulate energy and the ambient energy itself.

kgkg
It all depends on which Darkseid.

Darkseid in his early days used it to annihilate people.

Power Cosmic can do just about anything.

SS once connected to 1000 of being and effected there cells
And SS is nothing when comparing to the master of Power Cosmic.

Look at it this way.

SS vs Darksied.

SS can control time and go anywhere, change matter, bend space time , powers to take world destroying attack , absorb near limitless energy , can turn people into energy , can change his shape , and change is atomic structure , go beyond light speed , heal others , heal himself et.

Power Cosmic of Galactus is backed by a universe and SS is just a shit when comparing to big G.

Though darkseid is similar shit now been depowered that even heat sad vision beats it
Sad indeed.

Avalonofthewind
Cosmic energy is more versatile.
Omega is more powerful...under Galactus levels of course.

EsteemedLeader
just to stick up for the omega beams, darkseid can see across an entire world with them, and find a disguised superman among a crowd of hundreds. they are awesomely powerful...

Nataku8188
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Cosmic energy is more versatile.
Omega is more powerful...under Galactus levels of course.

How so? Cosmic energy is only as powerful as it's weilder.

K Von Doom
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
just to stick up for the omega beams, darkseid can see across an entire world with them, and find a disguised superman among a crowd of hundreds. they are awesomely powerful...

Is that the Omega Beams or just super powerful sight?

I think the Omega Beams are just a single manifestation of the Anti Life Equation, kind of like what a regular cosmic blast is to the power cosmic, so comparing the two is a little lopsided.

The power cosmic is a universal energy source, cosmic beings from Surfer to Galactus to Eternity to the Living Tribunal can use it.

So the question should be, what level of the power cosmic would you like to compare to the omega beams?

brainchild81
Power Cosmic wins

long pig
Yes, he damn well could. Easily.

I always liked the history between astro force and omega beams, it's pretty awesome,

Does Orion still have any type of access to the Anti-life equation?

K3VIL
Thanos can tap vast quantities of power cosmic armand. Why do you think nearly every herald sent against him gets his ass kicked.

Certain beings have the ability to tap the power cosmic. It's practically everywhere. Just like chi.
colossuss17 is right, Big G practically is the Power Cosmic.
Thanos can tap into a sort of dark source or version of the Power Cosmic, it was stated from Odin himself, that with his near omniscence was able to sense it.
Darkseid in Pre-Crisis day was a skyfather, then was changed into "Superman's ***** and punching ball", to show that Supes is on cosmic level.
Any single herald that wield power cosmic indeed can beat Darkseid nowday, those like Nova, Airwalker and Firelord maybe will struggle, but guys like Terrax, Morg, SS, Invisible Man will punk him.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Nataku8188
How so? Cosmic energy is only as powerful as it's weilder.

Overall, Cosmic energy is more powerful because of someone like Galactus.

Omega is more powerful than herald level cosmic power. DS can destroy and bring things back to life with the Omega effect from nothingness.

Xplosive
Well Omega Beams couldn't do anything to Galactus. Power cosmic is more powerful and more versatile. It depends on wielder of course, but Galactus is is still cosmic, so power cosmic has greater, higher level.

EsteemedLeader
Originally posted by kgkg
Though darkseid is similar shit now been depowered that even heat sad vision beats it
Sad indeed.

thats obviously bad writing. why would superman call him "Darks"? thats horribly out of character...

Wickerman
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
thats obviously bad writing. why would superman call him "Darks"? thats horribly out of character...

Maybe because it's followed by an interjection which would lead you to believe he was cut off from finishing the word? confused

~wickerman~

EsteemedLeader
Originally posted by Wickerman
Maybe because it's followed by an interjection which would lead you to believe he was cut off from finishing the word? confused

~wickerman~

no, then it would have been cut off by a-

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.