The Simpsons sucks and should stop being made

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlackC@t
The owners have milked it for all it's worth. I stopped watching it years ago. Seriously, nothing is funny about it at all, it's now the worst TV show ever.

In a recent interview Nancy Cartwright said that there was no sign of slacking in the scripts and the shows were still hilarious and fun. That
b!tch is obviously just in it for the money. Matt Georning (or whatever) is a stupid ****head for still letting the show air.

Fox is obviously an evil, money-sucking corporation mad

lilmisskitten
laughing out loud, you are right though its got boring now no expression

joeyvermont
i know ive never liked simpsons i dont know why it is so popular, there is nothing funny about it, all it has is a bit of cheesy humour

Droopy
No the simpsons just need better writers

The Ones
the new ones just make me sick. i dont know why they are trying to squeeze more juice from the already shriveled fruit

Bardock42
Haven't seen to many of the new ones...but the old ones are still great and some of the new ones are funny...nothing compared to Futurama, South Park or Family Guy but good....and I don't really mind them making new shows...I mean why should it bother me....as long as they keep making family guy .....

Family_guy725
yeah simpsons used to be one of my favorite show but they have ran out of ideas it ran for sixteen years time to end it

Morridini
I love the Simpsons, but I haven't seen any episodes beyond season 8 I believe.

BENITO
No the new ones are better they're so sureal

BackFire
Truth is, The Simpsons is a completely different show then it was in it's prime.

In it's prime, about 8 years ago, it was an emotional, character driven sitcom with not only great laughs but a big heart, it's goal was to make you forget that you were watching a cartoon by making you actually care about the characters as if they were real. It acheived this beautifully and is the main reason, in my opinion, that the show was so good back then. There were numerous episodes that left me really feeling something, hardly an episode went by when you weren't somewhat touched by the ending.

Now, the show has changed, it has almost completely dropped the character drive it originally had and is mostly just one attempt after another at a cheap over the top gag. The characters are now just one dimensional cliches of their former selfs. Homer used to be a bafoon, but a loveable one, he loved his family and tried his damndest to do the best he could for them, his endeavers, though often failed, were touching in the sense that he was doing the best he could, now he's just an over the top bafoon who goes on loony adventures with no sense of emotion or heart. It seems like he doesn't even care for the rest of the family anymore.

Now, with that being said, The Simpsons is still a funny show in its own merrit, I watch new ones from time to time, and they still get a good laugh or two, but they are nothing compared to the greatness they used to be. There are no more touching endings that leave you with a small lump in your throat and a smile, there are no more moments where you truly do forget you are watching a cartoon, and there are no more fully developed characters anymore. If you can get past all this and just watch the simpsons as they are now, without expectations from what you know of the old episodes, it's still a funny show, but that's very hard to do.

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by BlackC@t
The owners have milked it for all it's worth. I stopped watching it years ago. Seriously, nothing is funny about it at all, it's now the worst TV show ever.

In a recent interview Nancy Cartwright said that there was no sign of slacking in the scripts and the shows were still hilarious and fun. That
b!tch is obviously just in it for the money. Matt Georning (or whatever) is a stupid ****head for still letting the show air.

True. Simspons got old long time ago

Darth Nauj
the new episodes are just plain dumb and the thing I hate the most is having celebritys like in every episode its like who gives a crap. stop showing it your not the same the classic ones are much better.

BlackC@t
Originally posted by BackFire
Truth is, The Simpsons is a completely different show then it was in it's prime.

In it's prime, about 8 years ago, it was an emotional, character driven sitcom with not only great laughs but a big heart, it's goal was to make you forget that you were watching a cartoon by making you actually care about the characters as if they were real. It acheived this beautifully and is the main reason, in my opinion, that the show was so good back then. There were numerous episodes that left me really feeling something, hardly an episode went by when you weren't somewhat touched by the ending.

Now, the show has changed, it has almost completely dropped the character drive it originally had and is mostly just one attempt after another at a cheap over the top gag. The characters are now just one dimensional cliches of their former selfs. Homer used to be a bafoon, but a loveable one, he loved his family and tried his damndest to do the best he could for them, his endeavers, though often failed, were touching in the sense that he was doing the best he could, now he's just an over the top bafoon who goes on loony adventures with no sense of emotion or heart. It seems like he doesn't even care for the rest of the family anymore.

Now, with that being said, The Simpsons is still a funny show in its own merrit, I watch new ones from time to time, and they still get a good laugh or two, but they are nothing compared to the greatness they used to be. There are no more touching endings that leave you with a small lump in your throat and a smile, there are no more moments where you truly do forget you are watching a cartoon, and there are no more fully developed characters anymore. If you can get past all this and just watch the simpsons as they are now, without expectations from what you know of the old episodes, it's still a funny show, but that's very hard to do.

You're so corney, Bf. This is not an 'after school special' stick out tongue

I'm glad most of you agree that the show now sucks.

With Friends (which is a million times better than The Simpsons) Friends was pretty much always funny, the creators did not milk it for all it was worth. Sure, the last season wasn't the greatest, but it still had some good laughs. Friends has gone as far as it could go, and I wish it didn't end but in a way I'm glad that the creators didn't try to get as much out of it as they could, like the stupid dumbass creators of The Simpsons rolleyes1

Inspectah Deck
Friends is garbage too. Family Guy is what good nowadays

Deano
ricky gervais has written an episode for the simpsons which airs in america on sept 11th, that episod should be class!!

Blue Dragon
Someone can see sense at last! Simpsons is not that great, I watch it like once a year, probably not even that! Stop!

BlackC@t
Friends is awsome!

DeVi| D0do
The Simpsons is the only thing on television worth watching.

forumcrew
Originally posted by BlackC@t

you still care enough to talk about it, and as they say no such thing as bad publicity.

The Ones
boo simpsons, go family guy!

Wolf Dog
Originally posted by joeyvermont
i know ive never liked simpsons i dont know why it is so popular, there is nothing funny about it, all it has is a bit of cheesy humour

you have no soul!!!

Blue Dragon
American comedy is very different to British. When I see British comedy, I can laugh & laugh, but when I see American, I'm like uhhhh....the funnyness in the comedies don't make me laugh, very cheesy, like you said.

I don't know it's the same for Americans (thinking British is not funny etc.)

Blue Dragon
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
The Simpsons is the only thing on television worth watching.
Course it ain't, much better stuff on television. I don't know what Amercians watch, some stuff is only in Britian, maybe you Americans only have programs there....

Surely there's something better besides Friends, Simpsons & other American television! Now British television, that is the best! So funny & great!

Deano
american tv doesnt show much british shows..its not...wait for it......

its not ''COOL'' enough

or

they dont get it!!

hahah

Andrew McLeod
British comedy is usually subtle...but you have to admit they go over the top. When you're known for cross dressing on television and laughing for that reason...then that might be a little over the top. lol

I think that comedy is subjective. I find a lot of things funny.

Blue Dragon
I cannot get American comedy at all, it's SO not funny! British, it's just generally funny!

BackFire
Both styles have their ups and downs, and both have screamingly hilarious shows.

DeVi| D0do
Besides The Simpsons and Scrubs, I generally hate american comedy...

The Office... now that was a good show. And not the crappy US version. The BBC one is pure gold!

Blue Dragon
The Office is crap. Ricky Gervais just acts stupid, making funny noises & stuff like that...it ain't funny!
Only Fools & Horses
Vicar of Dibly
One Foot in the Grave
Open All Hours
Steptoe & Son
Fawlty Towers
Little Britain

...and more, these shows act funny, they are funny, they are ment to be funny, they are generally funny & will always be funny!
The Office won the number one 'Greatest comedy moment' that was on the other day, stuff thing...

Deano
the office is genius

DeVi| D0do
The Office is the pinacle of funny.

I like that type of humour. It's a more sophisticated comedy. Green Wing is good too...

But it's Monty Python for the win!

Pezmerga
my Favorite Shows are Arrested Development, Family Guy, Aqua Teen hunger Force, Curb your enthusiasm, and well thats pretty much it..notice one isnt the simpsons...not that it isnt funny...just more of a "every now and then" kind of show.

Blue Dragon
Originally posted by Deano
the office is genius
closedeyesno

Pezmerga
Wow What a constructive Post! Smileys! =P j/k mine is no more constructive...I just like being Contradictive...

Deano
Originally posted by Blue Dragon
closedeyesno

your in the minority

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.