Morph Terra vs. Trance Zidane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ESB-1138
Terra in her 'Morph' form vs. Zidane in his 'Trance' form. Who wins?

MuffinmanMike
Terra. Trance Zidane has, what, 10% increased states? And I assume we're not allowing him to use Dyne skills seeing as how Terra wouldn't be guaranteed her Limit Break? So without being able to use Grand Lethal, Terra wins.

Even still, Grand Lethal vs Flare would be a quick-cast battle.

Dizzle
Terra. Esper>Drugged human.

Or is Zidane allowed "annoy" skills? Cuz then he's more like Batman (God batman) level

GrieverSquall
This is pretty easy actually.
Most of the people underestimates Zidane's powers.
He is a Genome who has been created to destroy (basically) a world, also he's the one who supposedly replaces Kuja, seeing this, Zidane could be equal or more powerful than him. I say Zidane would win.

Nephthys

fascistcrusader
Unfortunately this falsehood is more widespread than it should be. The title "Angel of Death" is a figurative thing, not a literal one. Kuja and Zidane were never created to destroy worlds themselves, it was their job to sell weapons and foster war between countries. That is how they cause death, by making countries distrust each other and selling them weapons like the black mages.

Zidane is only superior to Kuja in the fact that he has emotions and can Trance naturally. Kuja's going ape shit and nuking Terra was never supposed to happen, he only achieved that power through absorbing all the sould of the Invincible, it wasn't a freak occurrence, a kind of Hyper Trance that Zidane could never reach. He even outright says a normal Trance wasn't good enough for him. When Garland spoke of Zidane's superiority he had no idea that Kuja could or would pull of his mega Trance.

So in sum up for those who don't want to read that. Zidane will never, ever be as powerful as Trance Kuja, and there's a 99.999% won't even reach normal Kuja's strength, as he has no magical prowess like Kuja, but simply relies on moderate blade skill. His job was to decieve and spread war, not kill anything outright.

With that said Terra stomps this. In her normal form while she was barley concious she wiped out 50 elite magitek knights in an instant, and in he Esper form she is exponentially stronger.

GrieverSquall
Yeah, fascistcrusader is right, I completely forgot about all of those facts, I forgot that Kuja absorbed the souls that resided in the Invincible. Yeah, I think I'm changing sides now, I'll go with Terra, although I never finished Final Fantasy VI, I might soon.

By the way... If someone can tell me what I have do to add a new topic, please let me know, because I'm new here. Thanks.

XanatosForever
You can find the "New Topic" button at the top and bottom right corners of the forum, or even within threads.

Luminatus
Regular Kuja > Terra.
Zidane > Regular Kuja.
Simple enough.

GrieverSquall
Luminatus... Your argument backing that up?

SpadeKing
Originally posted by Luminatus
Regular Kuja > Terra.
Zidane > Regular Kuja.
Simple enough.

I don't remember him ever beating regular or trance kuja, as far as I remember Kuja won all the fights and decided to go suicidal at the end.

Originally posted by fascistcrusader
Unfortunately this falsehood is more widespread than it should be. The title "Angel of Death" is a figurative thing, not a literal one. Kuja and Zidane were never created to destroy worlds themselves, it was their job to sell weapons and foster war between countries. That is how they cause death, by making countries distrust each other and selling them weapons like the black mages.

Zidane is only superior to Kuja in the fact that he has emotions and can Trance naturally. Kuja's going ape shit and nuking Terra was never supposed to happen, he only achieved that power through absorbing all the sould of the Invincible, it wasn't a freak occurrence, a kind of Hyper Trance that Zidane could never reach. He even outright says a normal Trance wasn't good enough for him. When Garland spoke of Zidane's superiority he had no idea that Kuja could or would pull of his mega Trance.

So in sum up for those who don't want to read that. Zidane will never, ever be as powerful as Trance Kuja, and there's a 99.999% won't even reach normal Kuja's strength, as he has no magical prowess like Kuja, but simply relies on moderate blade skill. His job was to decieve and spread war, not kill anything outright.

With that said Terra stomps this. In her normal form while she was barley concious she wiped out 50 elite magitek knights in an instant, and in he Esper form she is exponentially stronger.

Well if Dissidia is canon, Zidane must have learned some magic outside of trance eventually if they decided to give him some in the game.

fascistcrusader
Zidane's use of Trance abilities outside of Trance in Dissidia can be attributed to Cosmos empowering him to do so.

GrieverSquall
What about Cecil? He can switch his Dark armor to his Paladin armor like nothing, I don't remember him doing that...

fascistcrusader
This again was Cosmos empowering a fighter of hers. Chaos did it with some of his fighters as well, he gave Kefka a limited form of the warring triad and Sephiroth the black materia. The gods helped out their warriors to help out their side.

GrieverSquall
I see.
That is also in the Dissidia Ultimania, right?

GrieverSquall
Hmm... I think that's not stated... no

fascistcrusader
It's in the game itself...

GrieverSquall
I never played the game...

fascistcrusader
Go play it now, you're missing out on one of the best PSP experiences.

SpadeKing
Want to pay for PSPs for both of us and copies of Dissidia?

Luminatus
It's more like Dissidia is a piece of crap and should be ignored.

fascistcrusader
Says the guy who knows near nothing of the FF series.

Luminatus
As I've played a number of the games and written 3 essays on various aspects of it, I say I know a decent amount.

Luminatus
Dissidia sucks because it completely misrepresents characters. Like Kuja. Ya know how he came to grips with his identity at the end of IX?
FORGET THAT! Dissidia sure did.

What an awful, pretentious pile of crap.

fascistcrusader
It represents Kuja perfectly. Chaos most likely shattered the IX universe and pulled Kuja from the discord at some point before the end of that game. Since everything went back to how ut was upon Chaos defeat it was as if nothing had happened, Kuja would continue on as he did until the end of IX.

fascistcrusader
What essays did you write, some ignorant rant on how the Ultimanias are wrong and Jenova is controlling Sephiroth?

fascistcrusader
*Double Post*

Pyron_Knight
Great theory.

Any proof?

Indeed.
That was years ago, though. Back when i still had faith in Kitase and Nomura. Now I realize they're hopeless idiots and accept they destroyed any interesting plot points.

The essays I wrote more:
1. Highlihing Squall's and Seifer's characters and how they start out on equal footing but then progress and regress as the game proceeds. It was probably the only decent plot point out of 8.

2. I wrote a short bit explaining Kuja's motivation and how it was easily the most unique and in-depth characterization of any of the FF villains.

Really though, I don't need to justify myself to you. I've been a fan of the series for a decade now and I've played most of the seires multiple times. Throw your slander somewhere else.

fascistcrusader
So Luminatus is your sock then?

Pyron_Knight
No. he's an alternate account.
A sock is something you put on your foot.

fascistcrusader
And if that's the case, Why hullo thar Nikkolas, you're supposed to be banned for being a pervert.

Thanks for admitting to being the author of Nikk's essays, being bisexual like he said he was, and having all of his viewpoints. big grin

Pyron_Knight
Nikkolas' essays?
I posted those essays on Eyes on Final Fantasy. My username is Forsaken lover there, not Nikkolas.

And by golly, two people being bisexual? well fascist, you're heterosexual. You must be George Bush.

fascistcrusader
Sorry champ, but you forgot that you posted your silly Jenova essay on the AC.net forums under your Nikkolas name. That was the first forum that banned you, remember?

GrieverSquall
Originally posted by Pyron_Knight

Huh? So you are that other user? I understand now why you were arguing over Xenosaga's universe.

Pyron_Knight
Originally posted by fascistcrusader
Sorry champ, but you forgot that you posted your silly Jenova essay on the AC.net forums under your Nikkolas name. That was the first forum that banned you, remember?

Don't have a clue what you're talking about friend. Must have me confused with somebody else.

fascistcrusader
Sorry, Nikk, but you're probably going to be banned again you creepy pervert.

fascistcrusader
And now, ladies and gentleman, for the proof that Pyron Knight and Nikkolas are one and the same.

He's already admitted to being Forsaken Lover on eyesonFF, and you can see he's posted his silly theory there under that name here:

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-vii/84370-jenova-thesis.html

But then there's this little doozy, showing that he posted his same theory under the name Nikkolas on this forum:

http://www.thefinalfantasy.com/forums/cleft-dimension/48777-jenova-thesis.html

He's the same person folks, the banned member Nikkolas.

Pyron_Knight
Look, the article is right here on IGN.
http://faqs.ign.com/articles/706/706775p1.html

This Nikkolas person clearly just copy/pasted it onto that other forum.

fascistcrusader
Sorry buddy, but you defended your little thesis with the same arguments under both your screen names. There's just no getting around your perma ban, silly. sad

Peach
Originally posted by Pyron_Knight

You are not allowed to have alternate accounts. It states very clearly in the rules that only one account per member is allowed.

The rest we're looking into.

fascistcrusader
Here's a fun link proving that Nikkolas is not just someone who reposted what they read on IGN, but the author of the thesis and the alterego of PK.

http://www.ffnet.org/forum/ps1-era-ff7-ff9/jenova-thesis-1980.html

And here's a link proving that under his Nikkolas name he was notorious for posting that dumb thesis

http://fools-gold.org/forum/showthread.php?p=478910

fascistcrusader
Bump

wakkawakkawakka
Not really sure if I can back up my argument but I vote for Terra.

GrieverSquall
What's your argument, then?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.