The Flash vs. Nightcrawler

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
Who would win in a race between The Flash and Nightcrawler? Flash can run at near light speeds, and Nightcrawler can teleport in the blink of an eye. Would Nightcrawler be able to simply teleport to the finish line before The Flash can run across it? One has to remember, though, that the maximum teleporting distance at one time for 'Crawler is 3 miles.

Juntai
What's the distance?

Scoobless
Flash has faster reactions..... as soon as NightCrawler hears the starting pistol and begins to react Flash will already be over the finish line

Juntai
Originally posted by Scoobless
Flash has faster reactions..... as soon as NightCrawler hears the starting pistol and begins to react Flash will already be over the finish line That's what I was thinking. Think back to when Flash was clocking energy Superman teleporting, he was holding the stopwatch at the beginning and the end of the teleport, clear across the planet.

Creshosk
Flash has faster reactions..... as soon as NightCrawler hears the starting pistol and begins to react Flash will already be over the finish line I don't think anything else needs to be said.

Impediment
But what if, for the sake of argument, the reaction times were the same? No starting pistol, or anything like that. I do agree, though, that Flash is the faster.

who?-kid
I don't think NC can teleport that far - not that it makes any difference.

Juntai
Originally posted by Impediment
But what if, for the sake of argument, the reaction times were the same? No starting pistol, or anything like that. I do agree, though, that Flash is the faster. Think back to when Flash was clocking energy Superman teleporting, he was holding the stopwatch at the beginning and the end of the teleport, clear across the planet.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Juntai
Think back to when Flash was clocking energy Superman teleporting, he was holding the stopwatch at the beginning and the end of the teleport, clear across the planet. To be fair, energy Superman isn't Nightcrawler.

Juntai
No, he's better in every imaginable way.
"The most powerful being in the omniverse".

Ultimate Ion
Energy Supes could teleport almost as fast as The Flash could run. He's way above Nightcrawler.

dannymaul1138
Flash attacks from behind.

Impediment
I'm not talking about them fighting each other. I mean a race using their powers: running and teleporting.

Tron
But what if, for the sake of argument, the reaction times were the same? No starting pistol, or anything like that. I do agree, though, that Flash is the faster.

THat's just the thing, there is no sake of arguement here. Nightcrawler's reaction time has absolutely nothing on Flash's. And has been said already, it really wouldn't matter.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Ultimate Ion
Energy Supes could teleport almost as fast as The Flash could run. He's way above Nightcrawler. Yeah, so not all teleportation is the same. and it shows how badly flash outclasses nightcrawler, even if reaction times were the same.

Impediment
Cool. I guess it's settled. clap

Cosmic Cube
Nightcrawler can teleport about a mile, at max.

From what I understand, Wally cannot run faster than Nightcrawler appears and reappears. There is no lapse in time between disappearance and reappearance. Therefore, Nightcrawler would theoretically "move faster," than Wally, using the term "move" loosely.

jrodslam
It really wouldnt be fair for Nightcrawler. His teleportaion distance is to short to be faster than Wally. If Nightcrawler was able to tp 1000 miles, it would be harder for Flash. Flash can cover 3 miles as instant as teleportation. Maybe even faster.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by jrodslam
It really wouldnt be fair for Nightcrawler. His teleportaion distance is to short to be faster than Wally. If Nightcrawler was able to tp 1000 miles, it would be harder for Flash. Flash can cover 3 miles as instant as teleportation. Maybe even faster.

Flash can't cover 3 miles instantly (0.00_ seconds.) Nightcrawler can. Wally can, however, reach his destination before Nightcrawler thinks about teleporting. If Nightcrawler could teleport greater distances, it would be more fair.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Flash can't cover 3 miles instantly (0.00_ seconds.) Nightcrawler can. Wally can, however, reach his destination before Nightcrawler thinks about teleporting. If Nightcrawler could teleport greater distances, it would be more fair.

An impossible thing Flash has ever done, saving the entire population from a nuclear explosion by carrying 1-2 people (532,000 people to be exact) at once sending them 35 miles in and out away from the city (70 miles together) in 0.0001 seconds. 3 miles gets covered instantly.

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/766/jla89pg012jd8zn.th.jpg

Nuff said i think.

Scoobless
An impossible thing Flash has ever done, saving the entire population from a nuclear explosion by carrying 1-2 people (532,000 people to be exact) at once sending them 35 miles in and out away from the city (70 miles together) in 0.0001 seconds. 3 miles gets covered instantly.

Nuff said i think.

hold on a sec..... 250,000 round trips (being very generous here... that would suggest every trip he carried 2 people... which still leaves a few behind) of 70 miles = 17,500,000 miles ..... flat out in a straight line at the speed of light (186,000 mph) that would take him over 94 seconds

that doesn't even account for all the houses he has to search through to find these people in the first place

how do people get away with this type of BS writing?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Whirlysplatt
hold on a sec..... 250,000 round trips (being very generous here... that would suggest every trip he carried 2 people... which still leaves a few behind) of 70 miles = 17,500,000 miles ..... flat out in a straight line at the speed of light (186,000 mph) that would take him over 94 seconds

that doesn't even account for all the houses he has to search through to find these people in the first place

roll eyes (sarcastic)

The sepedforce allows faster than light travel "Don't ask" its as silly as the Phonix Force or Surfers speed smile

Scoobless
Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
The sepedforce allows faster than light travel "Don't ask" its as silly as the Phonix Force or Surfers speed smile

yeah.... but on the page in question it says it was all done "at a hair's breadth short of the speed of light"

(bottom right corner)

Whirlysplatt
yeah.... but on the page in question it says it was all done "at a hair's breadth short of the speed of light"

(bottom right corner)

Ridiculous, foolish, bad writing smile

Tha C-Master
So this is a discussion of if flash is quicker to trigger inital thought again eh?

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
So this is a discussion of if flash is quicker to trigger inital thought again eh?

Basically and as we know he is smile

Tha C-Master

roll eyes (sarcastic) scoobless your post is nice, but lets remember that light is

187,000mps or 300,000 kps

Whirlysplatt
scoobless your post is nice, but lets remember that light is

I missed that well observed CM, you are certainly right!

jrodslam
Scoobles, speed of light is 186,000 miles a sec. Not miles per hour.

Scoobless

i accept that he is...... seeing as he can here a gunshot from a distance, then get changed and go find and catch the high velocity round before it reaches it's target

Scoobless
smile

jrodslam
Flash owns!

Scoobless
scoobless your post is nice, but lets remember that light is

lol

oops... embarrasment

i may have accidentally substituted an "H" for an "S"

again.... lol

ok so it's closer to 700,000,000 mph

the writer's still way off...... it'd take over 0.025 seconds to make 250,000 round trips

the writer has him doing way more than that in 0.00001 seconds

if i've made some other mistake here i refuse to do any sort of maths online again

embarrasment

Creshosk

roll eyes (sarcastic) Writers aren't known for realistic physics knowledge. . something else is usually by the time you see the flash its too late. . .

No pun intended.

They got the numbers wrong, but I don't really doubt he could do that.

lol

oops... embarrasment

i may have accidentally substituted an "H" for an "S"

again.... lol

ok so it's closer to 700,000,000 mph

the writer's still way off...... it'd take over 0.025 seconds to make 250,000 round trips

the writer has him doing way more than that in 0.00001 seconds

if i've made some other mistake here i refuse to do any sort of maths online again

embarrasment

Writers make mistakes with numbers all the time.

http://www.superdickery.com/stupor/2.html

And they have for a long time.

jrodslam
You have to also take into consideration that there are also many children so sometimes he may even be able to carry 3(depending on trhe size). Plus Flash is also capable of being in 2 places at once, so its not that much of a stretch.

Anyways me posting that pic was to show that Flash can indeed cover 3 miles instantly. If Nightcrawler was able to teleport greater distances, hed have a chance in beating Flash in a race.

Creshosk
You have to also take into consideration that there are also many children so sometimes he may even be able to carry 3(depending on trhe size). Plus Flash is also capable of being in 2 places at once, so its not that much of a stretch.

Anyways me posting that pic was to show that Flash can indeed cover 3 miles instantly. If Nightcrawler was able to teleport greater distances, hed have a chance in beating Flash in a race. It'd have to be a hell of a long distance.

Because to move far enough away, with all those people, he's covering the safe distance twice per trip.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Creshosk
It'd have to be a hell of a long distance.

Because to move far enough away, with all those people, he's covering the safe distance twice per trip.

Actually not really. 30 miles was the safe point.

If he's able to be 2 places at once also carrying 2 people at a time, then hes not really covering the distance twice per trip. Because hes moving that fast, people are popping up at the same time. As the picture shows he did it in about 2 trips. Because he is able to be 2 places at once, that would explain why so many people appeared so fast.

Or maybe if he is covering the distance twice per trip, it just proves how fast hes actually going. It did say at a "hairs breath short of lightspeed."

Scoobless

If he's able to be 2 places at once also carrying 2 people at a time, then hes not really covering the distance twice per trip. Because hes moving that fast, people are popping up at the same time. As the picture shows he did it in about 2 trips. Because he is able to be 2 places at once, that would explain why so many people appeared so fast.

Or maybe if he is covering the distance twice per trip, it just proves how fast hes actually going. It did say at a "hairs breath short of lightspeed."

how can he be in two places at once? i can see how he could give that illusion.... but not actually do it

jrodslam
how can he be in two places at once? i can see how he could give that illusion.... but not actually do it

Hes actually done it before. Once giving cpr to a bunch of police at the same time. And once talking to someone while constantly changing in and out of costume to make it seem as if theres 2 different people in the room(in order to conceal his identity).

Scoobless
that sounds more like the illusion of duopresence than actually achieving it

is duopresence a real word or did i just make it up?.... either way it sounds good

stick out tongue

jrodslam
that sounds more like the illusion of duopresence than actually achieving it

is duopresence a real word or did i just make it up?.... either way it sounds good

stick out tongue

I would say illision of duopresence but to Jay, it shouldnt be an iullusion. Plus Barry taught it to him. No illusions. Just the feat itself. Hes that dam fast. Dam i love this guy.

http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/4565/jla80kebbin200jt2gb.th.jpg
http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/4314/flashv2152045vp2cp.th.jpg
http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/9083/flash2placesatonce5hu.th.jpg

Tha C-Master
i accept that he is...... seeing as he can here a gunshot from a distance, then get changed and go find and catch the high velocity round before it reaches it's target I'm not disagreeing with you, but thats his speed .

Say this, if he were to hear a gunshot, would his brain send signals faster than another if he wasn't in speed force?

If so, then why can't he memorize what he reads superfast?

jrodslam
He can for about 15 min.

Does it matter if he can keep it perminately or not?

Scoobless
I'm not disagreeing with you, but thats his speed .

Say this, if he were to hear a gunshot, would his brain send signals faster than another if he wasn't in speed force?

If so, then why can't he memorize what he reads superfast?

hell...... i don't memorize what i read at regular speeds.... give the guy a break

sad

jrodslam
hell...... i don't memorize what i read at regular speeds.... give the guy a break

sad

laughing Same here.

Creshosk

For Nightcrawler to win?

Covering 60 miles per trip really adds up.

jrodslam
For Nightcrawler to win?

Covering 60 miles per trip really adds up.

For Wally that would be anywhere from 4-6 people at the same time. Everythig is double time.

Only way NC stands a chance is if its 1000's of miles. But because he cant tp that far, Wally wins easy.

Impediment
The maximum distance for Nightcralwer teleportation power is 3 miles, and by doing this he physically exerts himself to the point of unconsciousness, just like when he teleports with another person at the same time. If, in fact, he didn't strain himself so much after every 3 mile TP, he'd have a good chance possibly. He could just keep doing it over and over instantaneously at incomprehensible speed.

jrodslam
The maximum distance for Nightcralwer teleportation power is 3 miles, and by doing this he physically exerts himself to the point of unconsciousness, just like when he teleports with another person at the same time. If, in fact, he didn't strain himself so much after every 3 mile TP, he'd have a good chance possibly. He could just keep doing it over and over instantaneously at incomprehensible speed.

That makes sense. But as soon as Flash moves, everything is frozen in time. It would have to be a large distance in Nightcrawlers favor. Youre right however about the strain on him. Its a bi**h.

ImmortalOne
haha

Creshosk
For Wally that would be anywhere from 4-6 people at the same time. Everythig is double time.

Only way NC stands a chance is if its 1000's of miles. But because he cant tp that far, Wally wins easy. yeah that's what I'm saying.

Scoobless

he isn't in two places at once.... he only appears that way to people who can't see him move because he's too fast...... he's only ever in one place at one instant

jrodslam
he isn't in two places at once.... he only appears that way to people who can't see him move because he's too fast...... he's only ever in one place at one instant

Yes he is. Jay has no problem with seeing him move.

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/883/flashv2152045vp4cv.th.jpg
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/5470/flash2placesatonce6ps.th.jpg

Scoobless

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/5470/flash2placesatonce6ps.th.jpg

no he isn't..... you even proved that yourself with that last picture.... he just looks like he's in two places because people can't see him move

if he was in two places (or more) at once why would the artists have to draw in speed/movement lines?

it's just a trick

jrodslam
no he isn't..... you even proved that yourself with that last picture.... he just looks like he's in two places because people can't see him move

if he was in two places (or more) at once why would the artists have to draw in speed/movement lines?

it's just a trick

What? in the last picture he states "being in two places at once". The reason for the speed/movement lines is for the readers not to get confused and think Barry was back lol.

Where were the speed/movement lines when Jay was looking? Jay even noticed he was in 2 places at once.

And even in KC Flash was everywhere at once, but yet you still see the speed/movement lines. Go figure. The lines mean nothing.

And youre right. It is a trick. So is the IMP, time travel, and all the other tricks. Thats what they do.

Creshosk
He's virtually in multiple spots at the same time, but he's just moving back and forht between spots to make it look like it. but you gotta be hella fast to pull that off.

Scoobless
He's virtually in multiple spots at the same time, but he's just moving back and forht between spots to make it look like it. but you gotta be hella fast to pull that off.

exactly..... he's giving the appearance of being in multiple spots

why is this so hard for some people to grasp?... Flash is not omnipresent he just moves fast

roll eyes (sarcastic)

jrodslam
How do you give cpr to multiple people at the same time? Hes not only apperaing to be in multiple spots. He actually in multiple spots doing the same thing.

Its shown as well as stated. Believe what you want.

Im not saying that current Flash is Omnipresent. Re-read my posts. He can be at multiple places at the same time as showed. KC Flash however WAS everywhere at once. He was too fast to be contained by one plane of existance.

Omnipresent - Present in every place at the same time. - Websters dictionary. KC Flash was just that.

jrodslam
Ofcourse he cant really be at multiple places because hes only one person. Hes not Multiple Man. Like Creshosk said, he's virtually in multiple spots at the same time, but he's just moving back and forth between spots to make it look like it.

However hes doing multiple things at the same time.

Tha C-Master

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/5470/flash2placesatonce6ps.th.jpg batman seems good at it too..

Creshosk
Ofcourse he cant really be at multiple places because hes only one person. Hes not Multiple Man. Like Creshosk said, he's virtually in multiple spots at the same time, but he's just moving back and forth between spots to make it look like it.

However hes doing multiple things at the same time. It's called multitasking.

And nobody can multitask like the one man army of Flash.

jrodslam
And what is multitasking Creshosk?

Tha C-Master
Its to task multiple times stick out tongue.

Creshosk
And what is multitasking Creshosk? Are you seriously asking me this?

It's a single person accomplishing multiple tasks at the same time.

Scoobless
He can be at multiple places at the same time as showed.

Of course he cant really be at multiple places because hes only one person.

um..... make up your mind......

the first quote is what i was arguing against... the second quote seems to be agreeing with me

smile

Juntai
In one of the Justice League Elite comics, Flash is on two teams at the same time. And with one team, he wears a black costume, and he fought with both teams at the same time at two different location..Helping each accomplish a different goal, and a portal opened and the two teams faced eachother and each seen Flash on the other team wearing a different costume.

jrodslam
um..... make up your mind......

the first quote is what i was arguing against... the second quote seems to be agreeing with me

smile

The scans i showed were him at multiple places at the same time in a close proximity.

About my second quote that you were talking about where i was agreeing with you as you stated, i was implying that he cant be in multiple places as Multiple Man can. Fore example Madrox can be in New York and China at the same time. Hes actually been all over the world at the same time. Doing different things.

Something Flash cant do. I was trying to explain the difference.

Scoobless
Something Flash cant do. I was trying to explain the difference.

lol.... so was I

laughing out loud

yes, he's fast enough to appear to be in multiple spots at once, but in actual physical terms he simply cannot achieve this (at present)

i don't actually believe KC Flash could do this either...... if he could then why limit himself to one city?

jrodslam
lol.... so was I

laughing out loud

yes, he's fast enough to appear to be in multiple spots at once, but in actual physical terms he simply cannot achieve this (at present)

i don't actually believe KC Flash could do this either...... if he could then why limit himself to one city?

We've been over this before. KC Flash kept his city safe. Just as the other heroes who were still on duty kept their cities safe.

Batman kept Gotham, Aquaman Atlantis, Green lantern space, Hawkman and Wonder Woman as well as many other heroes.

Keystone City is Flash's territory.

Scoobless
We've been over this before. KC Flash kept his city safe. Just as the other heroes who were still on duty kept their cities safe.
yes he did.... but if he was omnipresent he wouldn't need to be in constant motion..... he just moves so fast that he can cover every inch of his city in less time than it takes Superman to blink

Creshosk
lol.... so was I

laughing out loud

i don't actually believe KC Flash could do this either...... if he could then why limit himself to one city? By choice. Just beacuse a character CAN do something doesn't mean they choose to.

jrodslam
yes he did.... but if he was omnipresent he wouldn't need to be in constant motion..... he just moves so fast that he can cover every inch of his city in less time than it takes Superman to blink

Where in omnipresent definition does it say that the person or being has to be motionless?

Regardless if hes moving or not, he was everywhere at once.

Juntai
By choice. Just beacuse a character CAN do something doesn't mean they choose to. He didn't limit to one city, he was in multiple dimensions doing that, didn't you read it?

Creshosk
Originally posted by Juntai
He didn't limit to one city, he was in multiple dimensions doing that, didn't you read it? Its an answer to they general question "If they could why don't they?" rather than specifically related to KC Flash.

Also if JLA/Avengers is to be taken as canon from either one, the other or both Companies than that means it depends on where they are as to who wins this.

Marvel Nightcrawler wins, DC Flash wins.

If it's not cannon Flash wins hands down.

Lord-of-Dreams
lol even if it's not canon. Flash is just too much for NC. If thought is only 10 metres per second (I believe that this is the KMC regulation, but I'm too damn slow (my comp, I mean) to actually check without it being vain) and flash is like... 100000000000000000000000000 metres per second (presise? no, to the point? of course), and NC teleports as fast as he thinks, then Flash will always have time to run up and give him a thumping before he manages to leave the ground.
Non canon Flash would have to be so much slower, he would no longer even be Flash anymore, if you want NC to be able to win. That, or mentally imcapable.

Creshosk
Turns out it is cannon. There is no speedforce in Marvel.

Impediment

So, does this mean that NC would have the advantage?

jplatinum
Depends on who gets aware of the situation first.
If flash knows NC wants to fight.
He runs up and knocks him out.
If nightcrawler is aware that flash wants to runs up and fight, he'll teleport.
It depends on their awareness of each others intentions.
Flash has speed of light, yet, kurt has speed of thought.
Thus, flash can run up at a fraction of that speed with ample time to k.o.
Yet, if Kurt can teleport at speed of thought, the only question is whether or not kurt can teleport before flash gets there.
Its a paradox, Flash has the near-instantaneous speed/Kurt has the near instantaneous thought-teleportation.
The winner might be the one who thinks to take action first.
Draw.
Too close to call.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by jplatinum
Depends on who gets aware of the situation first.
If flash knows NC wants to fight.
He runs up and knocks him out.
If nightcrawler is aware that flash wants to runs up and fight, he'll teleport.
It depends on their awareness of each others intentions.
Flash has speed of light, yet, kurt has speed of thought.
Thus, flash can run up at a fraction of that speed with ample time to k.o.
Yet, if Kurt can teleport at speed of thought, the only question is whether or not kurt can teleport before flash gets there.
Its a paradox, Flash has the near-instantaneous speed/Kurt has the near instantaneous thought-teleportation.
The winner might be the one who thinks to take action first.
Draw.
Too close to call.

top post JP smile

jplatinum
Thanks Big "W"

Scoobless
Originally posted by jplatinum
Thanks Big "W"

lmao

"Big W" is a store in Britain

laughing out loud

Impediment
Is there a calculation for the speed of thought?

Creshosk
Is there a calculation for the speed of thought? KMC Rules has it as 30 meters a second.

Impediment
Ahh.

ZephroCarnelian
Appearing in two places at once isn't the best display of speed for Flash.

Pre-Crisis Superman could do it easy enough.

What makes me think that Flash would win this, is that time can instantly slow down for him.

Say that Nightcrawler and Flash both started moving at the same time, k? Flash would be able to see NC slowly dissolving in a cloud of smoke and slowly reappearing at the finish line. Flash would be at the finish in whole bodily form before NC.

Of course, realistically, Flash has a much much faster reaction time and will be at the finish before NC even thinks about moving.

Impediment
So you're saying that the Speed Force not only speeds him physically but mentally as well?

ZephroCarnelian
Indeed. See that scan back up somewhere on this thread? He can mentally speed up and slow down the way he percieves things.

When he wanted to catch the bullet, he willed everything to stop and everything was frozen.

When he wanted to know where the gunman was, he mentally let everything move faster so that he could see the birds flying up, to give an indicator of where the gunman was.

It's like Bullettime. smile

Creshosk
Speedforce isn't present in Marvel. DC and Marvel have both said this.

It's like giving him an extra power his creators say only operate during certain times.

jrodslam
Speedforce isn't present in Marvel. DC and Marvel have both said this.

It's like giving him an extra power his creators say only operate during certain times.

True, but when Barry came to Marvel, He won the race with Quicksilver and a bunch of other speedsters in it. Wally would still argueably be the fastest person in Marvel. Not counting cosmics.

Creshosk
True, but when Barry came to Marvel, He won the race with Quicksilver and a bunch of other speedsters in it. Wally would still argueably be the fastest person in Marvel. Not counting cosmics. I'm not sure.

Since in JLa/A Quicksilver won in the Marvelverse. messed

jrodslam
I'm not sure.

Since in JLa/A Quicksilver won in the Marvelverse. messed

True, but that was only to give Quicksilver some shine lol.

Creshosk
True, but that was only to give Quicksilver some shine lol. *shrugs* Both DC and Marvel have it as cannon. and since other things are cannon (Supes beating thor) then this is cannon too.

Personallly I didn't like the idea of no speedforce, as I love flash. But it's cannon. sad

jrodslam
*shrugs* Both DC and Marvel have it as cannon. and since other things are cannon (Supes beating thor) then this is cannon too.

Personallly I didn't like the idea of no speedforce, as I love flash. But it's cannon. sad

Same here. But like someone once said. Why is it that of all the times Flash has gone to different dimensions and realities, hes had the speed force, but when they go to the Marvel universe, there is none? Ahh well.

Suppose Flash has the devie that Steel made him. The one that stores his speed force energy and lets him tap into it whenever he wasnts? Hed sure as hell be faster than Quicksilver then. As long as he has enough energy stored.

Creshosk
Same here. But like someone once said. Why is it that of all the times Flash has gone to different dimensions and realities, hes had the speed force, but when they go to the Marvel universe, there is none? Ahh well. Dunno, maybe those others had it, but both marvel and DC said that Marvel doesn't. sad

Suppose Flash has the devie that Steel made him. The one that stores his speed force energy and lets him tap into it whenever he wasnts? Hed sure as hell be faster than Quicksilver then. As long as he has enough energy stored. that would work, if he's given it by the thread starter. . .

jrodslam
that would work, if he's given it by the thread starter. . .

Doh!

Impediment
Well, that'd be moi. Lets say hypothetically he had it................vs. NC. He'd win, but without the device would NC have the edge?

Impediment
What is the name of the device anyway? if it even has one.

ZephroCarnelian
And also - how come, whenever Flash is pitted against a Marvel character... it's always assumed that their in the Marvel universe??

Maybe they're not.

Maybe NC is in the DC universe instead, hmm? smile

jrodslam
Its in JLA/Avengers #2. Im to lazy to get it from the stash.

Thats the only way NC is winning though. If they are in the Marvel universe, and Flash isnt allowed to use the device.

If he is, or they are in another dimension NC loses.

jrodslam
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
And also - how come, whenever Flash is pitted against a Marvel character... it's always assumed that their in the Marvel universe??

Maybe they're not.

Maybe NC is in the DC universe instead, hmm? smile

Good point ZC.

jplatinum
Say paradox people.

Impediment
Paradox People......................there I said.

Impediment
So...................................How do we really know that the speed of thought is 30 meters per second? not by KMC standards..................

Metalmanx
This isn't even up for debate. Flash clears the finish line before the bullet even exits the chamber after firing.

Nightcrawler will Bamf and take like...20 minutes to cross the line, while Flash is just waiting there.

And the farthest that NC has teleported was four miles actually, in Uncanny X-men. He strained LIKE HELL to do it though.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Metalmanx
This isn't even up for debate. Flash clears the finish line before the bullet even exits the chamber after firing.

Nightcrawler will Bamf and take like...20 minutes to cross the line, while Flash is just waiting there.

And the farthest that NC has teleported was four miles actually, in Uncanny X-men. He strained LIKE HELL to do it though. In the Marvelverse nightcrawler wins.
Anywhere else Flash wins.

Creshosk
So...................................How do we really know that the speed of thought is 30 meters per second? not by KMC standards..................
If you had read the KMC rules you would have seen this link:
http://hypertextbook.com/facts/2002/DavidParizh.shtml

Tron
If you had read the KMC rules you would have seen this link:
http://hypertextbook.com/facts/2002/DavidParizh.shtml

If you keep reading the rules, you'd see that I said that the link you posted isn't written in stone, just an idea really.

wannabe

Nuff said i think.
532.000 people x 70 miles are 37.240.000 miles...in 0,0001 seconds???

Light "travels" at the speed of around 300.000 km/s.

One mile equals 1,6093 km, so 37.240.000 miles equal 59.930.332 km.

0,0001 seconds is TEN THOUSAND times less time than 1 second.

59.930.332 x 10.000 km/s = Flash's speed during this incident.

59.930.332 x 10.000 km/s (Flash) versus 300.000 km/s (light)...

Flash was 1.997.678 times...YOU HAVE TO IMAGINE THAT...faster than light, not "At a hair's breadth short of the speed of light"!!!

This is BY FAR the most obvious, absurd, ridiculous and stupid case of exaggeration of a character and display of the dumbness of an author i have EVER seen!!! sick

Flash definitly wins the race agains Nightcrawler (oh my god).

Creshosk
Originally posted by Tron
If you keep reading the rules, you'd see that I said that the link you posted isn't written in stone, just an idea really. I was just answering their question. embarrasment

jrodslam
Fastest man alive. Gotta love him. But yes, the writer did exaggerate a bit lol. If he didnt put that last sentence. "At a hairs breath short of the speed of light.", it would have made more sense.

However, its comics. Dont try to do the math and rationalize. Just take it for what it is. Its not suppose to make sense.

Creshosk
Writers get numbers wrong all the time, they always have and they always will.

wannabe
Guess you are right but it's hard to accept, especially when their writings are supposed to be the basis for your argumentation in this forum sad

jrodslam
Originally posted by wannabe
Guess you are right but it's hard to accept, especially when their writings are all you have to support your thinking in this forum sad

Thats true.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.