Owen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Jedi
This was the only thing I didn't like. In ANH Obi-Wan tells Luke "he didn't hold with your fathers ideals. He thought he should have stayed here and not gotten involved"
When did this happen? Owen hardly said two words to Anakin in AOTC.
And Anakin and Padme just left without saying goodbye or anything. And they stole 3-po.

Corran
They didn't steal 3-PO, Anakin built 3-PO but left him with his mother in TPM, he just took his own property because she wouldn't be needing it anymore.

LaurenE147
I thought that Owen and Beru were going to have a much bigger role than they did. I felt that they should have.

Emperor Helmet
Probably a little more in Episode III. There are still the AOTC deleted scenes that will be on the DVD.

Gundark
I think there will be more conversation between Owen and Anakin in ep3. Or else its just "implied" that they talked more without us seeing it.

I think Anakin took 3PO with him because like Corran said, he was Anakin's droid to begin with. Maybe they also thought 3PO would be handy to have along to interpret for R2.

There didn't seem to be a goodbye...I guess the urgency for Padme to rescue Obi Wan made her just want to take off immediately.

King Jedi
But didn't Lucas film one scene for Episode3 at the homestead because they wouldn't be going back there?

LanceWindu
I heard they did.

Maybe they shot more than just one scene.

mah
only one scene shot. he said it in a web-featurette.

LanceWindu
You never know if that was the only shot for Ep3 though. Maybe Lucas is going to write the script to where they do end up having to go back there.

yerssot
indeed, EpIII will hold the answer

laos76
I agree....and I think we shouldn't look for unlinked plot sections until EpIII is out

Lucas is such a perfectionist, I would be very surprised if he missed a link between this trilogy and the original... smokin'

King Jedi
The scene they shot was supposed to be Obi-Wan walking into the homestead with a baby.
And even that is confusing because Obi-Wan has never been to that place before. How would he know where to go?

Emperor Helmet
Padme and R2 know.

Gundark
I think Padme goes to back to the homestead to have her twins. Or at least goes there to hide and ends up having them there anyway. Then Obi Wan takes Leia away to Alderaan.

Ushgarak
Are you sure, KJ? I was under the impression that Obi-Wan was not involved in ANY Tatooine shots; that extra scene shot was noticably Ewan free.

mah
they can shoot ewans part later

yerssot
Ush, check this link

(guess, from who the link is big grin )

Emperor Helmet
It's possible, but way to early to tell.

King Jedi
The shot was supposed to be an exterior shot from a distance. That's why they didn't need Ewan. They just used a stand in for that one shot.

That would suggest that they are not going back to Tunisia to film. confused

Emperor Helmet
I will bet anything that they do go back to Tunisia.

Ushgarak
Really? I had heard rumour that they would not.

Emperor Helmet
Don't believe any rumors at this point.

yerssot
thought so too Ush

King Jedi
I don't think they will. It sounded like Lucas knew they wouldn't so just got that one scene they needed.

They could still film interiors in the studio but it looks like we won't be seeing Anakin and Owen in the same room again. sad

Emperor Helmet
Remember, the script isn't even written yet. Don't believe anything right now.

King Jedi
But Lucas knows the story of episode 3. He'll know whether they have to go back to Tunisia or not. Maybe they will maybe they won't, but it doesn't look good.

LanceWindu
He chnages his ideas as he goes.

Emperor Helmet
That he does.

Mujaffa
two words: read the book

Corran
Three words: Learn to count.

GordonSkywalker
Originally posted by KJ
" In ANH Obi-Wan tells Luke "he didn't hold with your fathers ideals. He thought he should have stayed here and not gotten involved"
When did this happen? Owen hardly said two words to Anakin in AOTC."
I believe that statement refers to a scene in the as-yet unmade Episode III, and does not have anything to do with the interaction(or lack thereof) between Owen and Anakin in Attack of the Clones.

Captain REX
What book Muj? There isn't a book for EpIII, and won't be for some time.

Hmm, interesting that they aren't using Tunisia more...

Member.
It probably will be in Star Wars III: Anakin's face gets totally ****ed up because he disrespected his master.

Captain REX
Agreed about that last part there, Member... big grin

Member.
hehevil face

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.