A story about Revan, and some questions.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fishy
Okay, so I started writing a book about Revan his life... But I had a few questions, just for opinion and somethings that I can not remember exactly.

Question 1.) Energy shields, did the Mandelorians use them or did the Sith start with them. Could somebody clear this up for me, it would sure as hell save me from making a huge mistake.

Question 2.) What would you rather have Revan as a Woman or a Man. I started writing him as a he, but i'm not sure if I want to continue with that, so i'm asking you for your oppinion on that.

Please vote in the poll for the second question. Also when you thin of something that absolutely should be in the story (except for the events in Kotor) please tell me, I might be able to do something with it. And does anybody feel like writing the greater fights?

Darth_Janus
I'll write the fights if you want... I like writing fights as opposed to anything else.

But about the energy shields, I think the Sith used them, but not the ancient Sith; I think there' refering to the new Sith under Malak and Revan. in which case, the Mandalorians probably originated the technology, as did the Echani with their specilized duelling shields.

Darth_Janus
Correction, and the Arkanians, who were explorers and scientists in days before KOTOR also made energy shields, and it is from their designs that much technology is derived in KOTOR (i. e. Heavy blasters and energy shields come from Arkanian prototypes, which are still available. The vibroblade, however, was created by the Echani. And the Mandalorians made the heavy weapons of the day, from assault blaster rifles to disruptor weapons.)

Fishy
K thx thats all I need to know.

Energy shields were around in the Mandelorian wars smile I should have made it more clear, I did mean the new Sith when I asked who discovered it, but as long as the Mandelorians could use it, its okay with me.

And another question just to be annoying, the Exile has to be in this story sometime... Anybody know a good name, and what sex should I make the Exile?

Darth_Janus
Well, make another poll on that one.

Fishy
I would, but You can't make a new poll. Unless I make a new thread, and thats a waste of space... So I would like some reply's instead of votes...

Tangible God
Writing a book about Revan?

(snicker/giggle)

darth-yoda
fishy i see you have made a few threads not like you and IMO revan and the exile male both of them and just call the exile the eilxe

Tangible God
The Eilxe huh Yoda?

How about Elixer?

Fishy
Originally posted by darth-yoda
fishy i see you have made a few threads not like you and IMO revan and the exile male both of them and just call the exile the eilxe

Normally I don't have any questions to ask... And i'm not going to call him that...

Darth Koroni
I'd go with male Revan, female Exile, because it could give some more reasons for Malak to want HK to kill the Exile, besides not just want to hgo to the Star Forge with them.

Kam Solusar
is it a story of his life or just a section?

Fishy
Starting out with the day he leaves the Jedi Order, occasional flash backs and then till the end... Or as far as I'm going to write.

Zachara
I've already written a story about Revan, I think I already told people that somewhere in here. In mine, Revan was female, but the General Damikin Seldoran was male (the man who'll become the Exile if I ever get around to finishing the damn story).

I think you should do the reverse. Have Revan a man and Exile female because it would be interesting.

Kam Solusar
wen he goes back to the jedi do u know wot he is renamed as?

Fishy
No, i'll make something up when I get there, or just ask the people here for a name... Or just start Kotor and pick a Random name.

Kam Solusar
i know wot it is... its juunga halcyon, kieron halcyons father

Darth_Janus
No, cuz Halcyon lived in the PT times and he kinda sucked compared to Revan. If you want to go ahead and make a GL-esque tie-in, have him related to someone of considerable power. Like Kreia or Exar Kun or even Lord Hoth at least.

Darth Faunus
I think darth-yoda typoed, lol.

And Fishy, I'd be glad to do some fights, too, if nothing else.

Kam Solusar
Its true, Revan was renamed as Juunga Halcyon

Fishy
Well to anybody that wants to write a fight, I've already posted a part of the story so far in the story thread, there is one fight in there between Revan and Vandar. It could use some extra writing if somebody wants to do that. Also a practice match between Revan and Kavar would be nice, if somebody feels like writing it.

Change as much as you want as long as it doesn't change the back story, what I've written now is primarily a draft until I start fleshing it out so if you want to add more details thats just fine.

Fishy
Okay people I have a shit load of questions, and I can appreciate every answer or idea you have.

First of all I need names for 12 Jedi Council members. Atris, Vrook, Vandar, Zhar you know the famous guys are all in it, but I need more. So far I have Caligo and Erus.. But I need more names.

Also I really need a name for the Exile, and I want to know if I could put him in the council or not. I have my doubts about it, but I think I will.

Also I need three more planets besides Dantooine and Coruscant that could have Jedi councils on them.. If anybody knows any please tell me. Cause I can't really think of any. I'd prefer some low level planets at important locations but I guess thats to much to ask, just three planets that could have Jedi on them would be great.

And what do you people think of the possibility that Revan created HK before he found the Star Forge, or that he found the Star Forge before the Mandelorian war was over? Because I'm not quite sure on how everything went with the Star Forge... Which do you think is the most likely thing?

Fishy
Also, (Can't edit anymore) Does Vandar talk like Yoda?

Darth Faunus
Originally posted by Fishy
Okay people I have a shit load of questions, and I can appreciate every answer or idea you have.

First of all I need names for 12 Jedi Council members. Atris, Vrook, Vandar, Zhar you know the famous guys are all in it, but I need more. So far I have Caligo and Erus.. But I need more names.

The following are based off of an African dialect. But first, something I'd like to point out; Bass, as in Vodo-Siosk Bass, means chief in that same dialect. Anyways. . .

Vuur, pronounced vur, translates into fire. Leier means leader, but I think you should mess with that, making it into something like Leiar. Dier translates into animal, and Aandor is a spoof off of aandoening, or emotion. Bes means hurt, but I think Beshik sounds better. Lastly, I think a translation of warrior could work, such as the Sanskrit word 'Kshatriya', improvised into Ksatir, pronounced ksa-THEER.

Also I really need a name for the Exile, and I want to know if I could put him in the council or not. I have my doubts about it, but I think I will.

I myself used nethus, but if you want to put him on the Council as a young prodigy or something, the last name could work.

Also I need three more planets besides Dantooine and Coruscant that could have Jedi councils on them.. If anybody knows any please tell me. Cause I can't really think of any. I'd prefer some low level planets at important locations but I guess thats to much to ask, just three planets that could have Jedi on them would be great.

Naboo would provide a nice, meditative background. Or perhaps Bothuwi. Unexpected, a place where the Council could find out what's going on around them, etc. I think you should just make one up. Oh, duh. Myrkyr. Or Katarr.

And what do you people think of the possibility that Revan created HK before he found the Star Forge, or that he found the Star Forge before the Mandelorian war was over? Because I'm not quite sure on how everything went with the Star Forge... Which do you think is the most likely thing?

I'd say he created HK towards the end of the Mandalorian Wars as an experimental project. And he and Malak likely had clues as to the location of the Star Forge around the Mandalorian conflict's end, but I doubt they knew its precise location until sometime after.

Darth Faunus
Also, (Can't edit anymore) Does Vandar talk like Yoda?

Nope. He's a well-spoken little frog.

By the way, I'll get to those fights you mailed me about soon. Been caught up.

Fishy
Cool thanks...

Thx for those names and the planets... Those are going to be great, i'm just not so sure on Naboo... I don't want the SW universe to become to small but I can find something else probably.

Darth Faunus
I was referring to the environment. I myself don't completely agree with the idea of the Council on Naboo, but whatever. Like I said. You can just make one up. This is Star Wars, bud. Anything goes.

Fishy
Yeah okay, but thinking of planets is harder then thinking of people... You need so much more then just a name.

overlord
This is the rough sketch to Revans real face, expect it to be even cooler in the final version!

xxxpoppunker182

if you need some names for the council here are just 3 names i tend to use in any RPG i play Loki, Azreal, and Lazarus.

also for a council what about one on an asteroid in an asteroid field? like the one yoda was on at the end of EP3 and there was a council on Almas the planet where Darth Rivan not revan made a base and well there's information on wikipedia and other sources.

i think that revan could have created HK before he found the starforge so i wouldn't complain. if you make revan male i think that fits well but i also think that if Revan were a female it'd be cooler just throw somethin out of the ordinary by haveing a chick be powerful and cunning and clever.

Fishy
Yeah a female would be cool, but I already made him a male and I won't rewrite the entire damn story just to change his sex. It will be a lot more work then simply replacing him into her and he into she... That would mean 79 pages of crap to go through.. Not going to happen.

xxxpoppunker182
well whatever like i said being a male fits him better.

Julie
I think it'd be interesting either way...but personally I'd have Revan be one gender and exile the other....just cause...I don't even know if you were planning on covering the exile as well

Fishy
I have too, its a pretty important part in Revan his life, and I thought about making the Exile female, but that will make the relationship with Atris harder unless of course I make them both gay, which I could do of course... Okay, thats fixed.. Exile is female.. Still don't have a name for her though

Nactous
Im intreseted, give me the basic idea.

Fishy
Basic idea of what? The story.

Well okay,

Revan is a Jedi
Mandelorian wars start
Jedi don't want to help the Republic
Revan does
Revan leaves Jedi, Revan joins war.
Jedi don't like Revan anymore
Revan turns Dark because of war
Revan goes out to hunt Jedi
Revan gets captured by Jedi
Kotor happens
Don't know yet.

Fishy
Another question, what kind of weapon did Yussanis have, his blade is in Kotor I. Does anybody remember how the piece of shit looks?

Nai Fohl
Another question, what kind of weapon did Yussanis have, his blade is in Kotor I. Does anybody remember how the piece of shit looks?

Hmm...I think it was a double-bladed Vibroblade.

D_CP
Are you writing about Revan's WHOLE LIFE? Including after KOTOR which you can make up?

Fishy
I'm still working on the Mandelorian wars... Which is going to be the most important stuff, I don't know how i'm going to do the Kotor time though... Or if i'm even going to do it. Once I figure all of that out I might start writing shit after Kotor, but it will be small... Because well we don't know anything about what happened after Kotor.

Julie
soooo how's it coming?

Fishy
56 pages, 16 chapters... Going nicely..

But I still have to proof read it once, if not a million times because i'm sure a lot of it makes no sense at all. I type faster then I can think sometimes, and othe times I can think faster then I can type.

D_CP
I can help you create the post-KOTOR stuff, but it's your call.

Zachara
I thought about making the Exile female, but that will make the relationship with Atris harder unless of course I make them both gay, which I could do of course... Okay, thats fixed.. Exile is female.. Still don't have a name for her though

Not that I have anything against lesbians, but Atris saw the Exile as a Champion, not a lover in my opinion. She was a master and the Exile was one of her many pupils. The Exile went to war with Revan, which totally went agaisnt everything Atris and most of what his/her teachers (including the masters you have to find in KOTOR II) had taught him/her. Thus making Atris the cabby B**ch she is the game.

As for a female name for the Exile. Ummm.... Serrica, Falcara, Selerendra, Illiarin, Maxine, Erianna, Shakara, Saphira, Jorine, Aladry, Deltroy Tajera...

Those are just some from the top of my head. I can think of more, just PM. These are more normal names (Qui'gon to me is an odd name, for example).

Also, is this a short story? Because 56 pages and 16 chapters would make 3.5 pages per chapter... which makes really short chapters.

Fishy
I don't know how i'm going to make the relationship between Atris and the Exile, but there has to be something between the two. And Atris might have seen the Exile as a champion but both Vrook and Vandar don't think of him like that, probably for a reason. So I don't think the Exile was all that special, whatever the case the two will get some kind of relationship but if its really love, I don't know. And I don't care about it either, at least not yet.

And yes the chapters are still all short, but what i'm writing is mostly the basic outline, a lot of things will be added and made bigger, describing more. I just need the basics before I start writing the rest. Besides I think of most of this crap while i'm writing. Including the name of the Exile. So its kinda hard to make chapters bigger, because I have no idea on what to write about that anymore and just want to jump to the next chapter.

Once i've gotten to the end of the Pre-Kotor stuff, i'll start making it all bigger and better.

Zachara
Ah, you confused me for a sec, but now I see. yes Different style. Nice.

When you feel its good enough, I'd like to see it (along with whoever else has asked). Very curious, I am. Never really got into reading any other fan fiction but my own. So good luck.

Lord Darkstar
56 pages, 16 chapters... Going nicely..

But I still have to proof read it once, if not a million times because i'm sure a lot of it makes no sense at all. I type faster then I can think sometimes, and othe times I can think faster then I can type.

I can help you edit it Fishy, just PM me when/if you want me to start editing and I will give you my e-mail so you can e-mail the story to me. If you want me to do anything else, just ask

Fishy
Thanks Darkstar, i'll keep that in mind, but I'm going to continue writing first because I want it all to be finished before I start editing. Otherwise some things might not make sense, because its contradicted later in the book.

Veneficus
It seems like everyone is writing a Revan fanfic now of days...I mean I have written several.

Fishy
Have you written one about his entire live?

Veneficus
Have you written one about his entire live?

I am writing a three part series that starts at the begining of the Mandalorian Wars and goes all the way through KOTOR 2. If KOTOR 3 ever comes out I suppose I will add a fourth part.

Of course it is unfinished.

Zachara
Originally posted by Veneficus
Of course it is unfinished.

lol, welcome to my world.

Fishy
That always happens...

Darth Faunus
Fishy, I believe you were expecting a 'Revan vs. Kavar' from me. or is it already done. . . ?

Fishy
No still waiting

Darth Faunus
You'll have it soon then. Thursday, perhaps. Right now I'm up to my eyeballs in work.

Fishy
Originally posted by Darth Faunus
You'll have it soon then. Thursday, perhaps. Right now I'm up to my eyeballs in work.

Hey don't drown yourself with work for me, take your time..

nuscande
how soon until we can read some of your work?

Fishy
Originally posted by nuscande
how soon until we can read some of your work?

After I start proof reading, which might take some time.. Or as soon as I feel like posting it.

Deus Ex
I can't believe you found the motivation and the time to do all that. I haven't written anything more than a page or two in years.

Fishy
Just wait until you are as bored as I am... Besides I type faster then anybody I know so I can probably write the shit faster then most people. Combine that with a very lively imagination and you have an insane maniac ramming at the keys while making up what he wants to write.

Besides it keeps me entertained.

Deus Ex
I doubt you type faster than me.

Legato2471
I don't really care but there have been so many male Sith Lords that it would be interesting to see one of the most powerful to be female. Either way Revan kicks some serious ass in my books

DarthMaul9123
Originally posted by Tangible God
Writing a book about Revan?

(snicker/giggle)

Lord Coal
How's the book coming along now then Fishy?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.