Darth Vader vs Batman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

braz
The Dark Side vs The Dark Knight

Vader from episode 3 when he's all suited up at the end...and Christian Bale's Batman from Batman Begins....

Spelljammer
UHH! You had to go and use a movie Batman..

Had it been a comic book Batman this would've actually been a damn good fight, considering Vader's massive power over The Force, versus Batman's keen mind which pretty much put him on par with some of DC's greatest super heroes. The guy has God's brain man!

But a movie Batman? Pheh, before he can call in his stunt double to do generic martial arts, or shoot missles from his lame Bat-copter, Vader would've already had use The Force to block Batman's windpipe and suffocate the poor SOB..

whobdamandog
I'm sorry but although his Bruce Wayne was dead on..Bale made Batman seem more brutish/clumsy/ and rough, as opposed to the calculating Dark Knight we see in the comics. Christian Bales Batman could arguebly be one of worst to date..even worse than Clooney's smiling "Batman on prozac" depiction. Anyway enough of my ranting on Batman Begins. Bale's Batman goes down in about 2 minutes via force choke.

whobdamandog
Originally posted by Spelljammer
UHH! You had to go and use a movie Batman..

Had it been a comic book Batman this would've actually been a damn good fight, considering Vader's massive power over The Force, versus Batman's keen mind which pretty much put him on par with some of DC's greatest super heroes. The guy has God's brain man!

Probably would be a better fight..however it would more than likely go in Vader's favor..particularly in a non prep battle. I don't think Batman has anything in his belt to withstand force lightning, force choke, etc. Don't get me wrong..I ain't a starboy..Batman would definetely get a shot or two in..but he's going down.

jacobo0o
darth vadar says join the dark side then batman says never
darth vadar force choke batman dies

Juntai
He was like that because he's a ****in' rookie.

whobdamandog
Originally posted by Juntai
He was like that because he's a ****in' rookie.

Don't forget poor storyline and overacting..wink

Wickerman
Originally posted by whobdamandog
Probably would be a better fight..however it would more than likely go in Vader's favor..particularly in a non prep battle. I don't think Batman has anything in his belt to withstand force lightning, force choke, etc. Don't get me wrong..I ain't a starboy..Batman would definetely get a shot or two in..but he's going down.

Darth Vader from Ep. 3 had no force lightning. He also didn't have it in any other movie, and movies are the canon.

Force choke however would solve the problem oh so quickly. This is of course assuming Bats doesn't get any prep time. And since the OP didn't say anything about prep time.....Batsy is going down.

~wickerman~

braz
Originally posted by whobdamandog
I'm sorry but although his Bruce Wayne was dead on..Bale made Batman seem more brutish/clumsy/ and rough, as opposed to the calculating Dark Knight we see in the comics. Christian Bales Batman could arguebly be one of worst to date..even worse than Clooney's smiling "Batman on prozac" depiction. Anyway enough of my ranting on Batman Begins. Bale's Batman goes down in about 2 minutes via force choke.

wtf r u kidding me...???!!he was freakin amazing as batman...none of the other batmans in the other movies went through training like him...werent agile like him, couldnt fly, werent as realiistic, not as scary, didnt look as good with the lame batsuits, and didnt sound as rough as bale with that deepa** voice....and he was worse than clooney?!!?!? you're joking right?...plz tell me u r....but w/e every1 has their own opinion...i thought he wipped ass tho n that no1 coulda done it better...

Ultimate Ion
Episode 3 Vader? Mr. I'll try to jump over you and your lightsaber instead of simply jumping on the ground in front of me to continue this fight?

Batman 10/10

Sentry
Originally posted by Ultimate Ion
Episode 3 Vader? Mr. I'll try to jump over you and your lightsaber instead of simply jumping on the ground in front of me to continue this fight?

Batman 10/10

A typical Whirly and the gang anwser. You do know this is movie Batman right?

Creshosk

Batman 10/10 Force choke.

Ultimate Ion
Originally posted by Sentry
A typical Whirly and the gang anwser. You do know this is movie Batman right? Whirly and the gang. Very cute, Sentry.
Yeah, I can read so I know which Batman this is. Doesn't change the fact that Episode 3 Vader is a massive, massive idiot.

Creshosk
Whirly and the gang. Very cute, Sentry.
Yeah, I can read so I know which Batman this is. Doesn't change the fact that Episode 3 Vader is a massive, massive idiot.

Doesn't take a genius to win fights. . .

braz
Originally posted by Sentry
A typical Whirly and the gang anwser. You do know this is movie Batman right?

the way he is portrayed in the movie(Begins) matches how he was in the comics....unlike all the other batman movies so u stereotype that all batmans suck on the big screen without regard to how much Bale kicked ass in the new one that just came out.....see what im sayin, feel me?...cuz Batman Begins portrayed batman as a warrior with fighting skills, like the comics.....the other movies didnt..he was just some rich stiff in a costume with some gadgets....

Ultimate Ion
Originally posted by Creshosk
Doesn't take a genius to win fights. . . Doesn't help if you're an idiot, either.

jplatinum
telekenesis
inhanced agility
inhanced reflexes
abnormal strength
force lightening
force choke
light saber that cuts through all batman's toys like hot sword through melted butter
incredible fighting skill
evil genius
they'll change the title of the next movie to "Batman Ends"

Sentry
Originally posted by jplatinum
telekenesis
inhanced agility
inhanced reflexes
abnormal strength
force lightening
force choke
light saber that cuts through all batman's toys like hot sword through melted butter
evil genius

I agree with JP. Batman dies horribly.

Creshosk
Doesn't help if you're an idiot, either. If you have enough power it doesn't matter.

Savage Hulk is the prime example of this.

braz
tru...i knew Bats'd prolly lose but i just wanted to see what yall thought about the fight between the two dark ones....lol and IMO theyre the coolest cuz of that....but that doesnt mean movie batman sucks....yes maybe in the other 4, but Begins changed all that and started it over smile

whobdamandog
Originally posted by braz
wtf r u kidding me...???!!he was freakin amazing as batman...none of the other batmans in the other movies went through training like him...werent agile like him, couldnt fly, werent as realiistic, not as scary, didnt look as good with the lame batsuits, and didnt sound as rough as bale with that deepa** voice....and he was worse than clooney?!!?!? you're joking right?...plz tell me u r....but w/e every1 has their own opinion...i thought he wipped ass tho n that no1 coulda done it better...

I kid you not my friend. Bale sounded half retarded and like he had a damb cold in the Batsuite. I kept on thinking he was going to hark a couple loogies and yell "suckering sucatash" at different points in the movie..the voice was that damb bad..

And his the Bat mask was waaay to tight...made Bale look Chipmunkish..what the hell were the costume designers thinking? All in all..Batman Begins was a mediocre movie at best..a tad bit better than Batman Forever..but not quite as good as Batman Returns..sad really, I was expecting more..

On topic..Forget Force choke, Vader grabs light Saber and slices the young batman up Jedi style.. evil face

braz
so what...his voice was a little exaggerated at some points...like when he interrogates flass....lol i swear i almost busted out laughin when batman pulled him upside down n screamed at em...but naw...that dont mean the whole movie sucked and that batman doesnt have fighting skills in movies...just cuz of the first 4 which almost ruined it, they came out with Batman Begins which fixed all that smile smile smile

roughrider
I love Bats, Christian Bale is the best Batman yet, Batman Begins was the movie I have waited for since DARK KNIGHT & YEAR ONE, but though he's faced Darkseid and lived, this path leads to death. Only shot is if Vader agrees to limit force use to say, no force-chokes. The man with the lightsaber wins this.

Darth Vader = Dark Father( in Dutch)

MERCILOUS
Being movie versions the good guy has odds of 100 to 1 no matter how outclassed he is, but that crap aside Batman shouldn't be able to live more than a minute.

Hit_and_Miss
Ok seeing as you all agree that movie bats stands no chance..What could Comic book bats do? say he has;
A; No prep time
B; 1 hour prep time
C; 1 day prep time

smile vader gets the same about of prep time smile

xmarksthespot
And Batman does what with his one hour/day of prep to counter:
telekinesis
enhanced agility
enhanced reflexes
abnormal strength
force lightning
force choke
light sabre that cuts through all batman's toys like hot sword through melted butter
evil genius
?

Magic_attack
he could make his own funeral arrangements?

Wickerman
telekenesis
inhanced agility
inhanced reflexes
abnormal strength
force lightening
force choke
evil genius

What the f**k? when in Ep. 3 did you see Vader, or Anakin:

showing proof of abnormal strength

Using force lightning - anakin technically COULD, but didn't. Vader SIMPLY CANNOT USE FORCE LIGHTNING, due to his hands being metal, and not able to transfer the force energy that turns into lightning.

What evil genius did he show during Ep. 3? No seriously.....what evil genius?

I think you're mistaking Vader(skywalker) with Palpatine monsieur What the f**k?

That being said, as cool as movie bats may be, he's going to lose. There's simply too many ways that Vader could win. Assuming he gets all his favorable conditions, such as darkness, him hiding, etc...he would still go down, albeit at a slower rate.

So what'll bats do? Here's the most favorable and still realistic scenario i can come up with for bats. It's dark (vader doesn't care). Bats sees a weirdo walking around dressed in black and having trouble breathing. he throws a batarang at him. Vader stops it with the force.
Bats thinks "Oh crap...telekinesis".....but by the time he says that to himself, the place he's hidden comes tumbling down due to Vader's force manipulation.
Bats falls, slowly gets up. Now....while Vader could just win the battle outright, i'll use his greatest flaw against him. His arrogance. He doesn't force choke Bats, but instead takes out his lightsaber. and attacks....now....normally i'd say Bats is also a smartass and tries to block it with his gauntlet (like in the movie, while fighting Ducard). That would obviously slice his hand and most likely his torso off. But since this is his favorable scenario, i won't.
Let's say Bats is smart and realizes that thing might be able to go through him. So...he dodges and avoids. The only reasonable chance Bats would have at this point while dodging the lightsaber that's being manipulated by an incredible swordsman, and that cuts through pretty much anything would be to use his brain. Unfortunately, he doesn't know alot about this masked freak.

So....what would he realistically do? I see it as either 1 or 2 or 3.

1. He drops some smoke bombs and tries to punch/kick Vader's lights out. In which case he's dead, seeing as how the smoke wouldn't be much problem for Vader's prescience.

2. He tries to use a batarang to bring down something....like some large crate or something tumbling down on Vader. Now.....Vader's prescience would warn him, and he;d most likely try to dodge the incoming doom. Normally, i'd say he just tosses it aside with the force, but seeing as how this is Ep. 3 Vader, i didn't see him do anything that impressive.

The fight would take a bit longer....but Vader would in the end win.

3. Bats does the intelligent thing.......and runs away......which is a clear invitation for Vader to try and force choke him.

Now.......this was THE most favorable scenario i could come up with for movie bats while going against ep. 3 vader sad

I might have made some mistakes....but that's how i see things. Also.....please stop it with the force lightning thing.....it's really silly erm

~wickerman~

Magic_attack
well u certainly went out of yer way to try and give bats a win. I gotta give you that.

I think this was just an unfair thread.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Magic_attack
well u certainly went out of yer way to try and give bats a win. I gotta give you that.

I think this was just an unfair thread.

Thank you. I really love both characters. They're both tormented souls, one with immense power as a birthright, one that has accomplished it with hard sweat.
However.....it IS indeed an unfair thread. There is no "fair" in this, seeing as how comicbooks Bats would get murdered by comicbook vader. BUT he'd put the pain on every movie version of Vader, except PERHAPS Anakin Skywalker just before the Mustafar battle.

~wickerman~

Superherovandal
Batman would lose in as long as it took for him to be slashed by a lightsaber or force choked.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Superherovandal
Batman would lose in as long as it took for him to be slashed by a lightsaber or force choked.

Bats isn't a moron. He'd most likely watch Vader and at least TRY to figure out what his powers are beforehand.

~wickerman~

Onikirimaru
Was gonna say something, but its already been said a dozen times, Vader wins.

Arahan
Cant see Baty win. Yes Anakin is a moron but a powerful one who knows how to use his powers. Even with prep Baty loses, except he calls his big daddy for help: Superman.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Arahan
Cant see Baty win. Yes Anakin is a moron but a powerful one who knows how to use his powers. Even with prep Baty loses, except he calls his big daddy for help: Superman.

I doubt that with prep time, Bats couldn't take him down. Bats begins one couldn't, comic book one could.

~wickerman~

braz
Originally posted by Wickerman
I doubt that with prep time, Bats couldn't take him down. Bats begins one couldn't, comic book one could.

~wickerman~

whats the difference between the two???Begins pretty much matched the comic batman wit the martial arts n the cape

jplatinum
Hey, wickerman.
How does batman watch vader and figure out his powers beforehand if he just "Sees some weirdo dressed in black and trying to breathe".

He has never seen vader before, he doesn't know vader's powers, and furthermore, vader's powers are mentally controlled, not like some blast or some something batman could see beforehand.
Plus, vader is smart enough to not just use his powers foolishly until he is certain to take you out.
Young anakin was a show off, but experienced vader is not.
All that being said, batman dies.

WindDancer
A few batarangs thrown by Batman to Vader's breathing machine and that should be enough to suffocate Darth Vader. Batman wins, no contest.

Creshosk
Originally posted by WindDancer
A few batarangs thrown by Batman to Vader's breathing machine and that should be enough to suffocate Darth Vader. Batman wins, no contest. Vader Sabers them, or force grab/push/pulls them. . .

jinzin
telekenesis
inhanced agility
inhanced reflexes
abnormal strength
force lightening
force choke
evil genius

the master is correct.... batman loses to vader worse than he lost to jp...

WindDancer
Originally posted by Creshosk
Vader Sabers them, or force grab/push/pulls them. . .

A few smoke bombs and accuracy and no way DV could stand a chance agaisn't Batman. wink

jinzin
Originally posted by jinzin
the master is correct.... batman loses to vader worse than he lost to jp...

Creshosk
A few smoke bombs and accuracy and no way DV could stand a chance agaisn't Batman. wink You mean the precog which helps Jedi to block the laser bolts isn't in effect?

spiderboy5
this is so unfair for bats but vadar would kick the dark knights sorry little a$$ with or without the force

Wickerman
Hey, wickerman.
How does batman watch vader and figure out his powers beforehand if he just "Sees some weirdo dressed in black and trying to breathe".

He has never seen vader before, he doesn't know vader's powers, and furthermore, vader's powers are mentally controlled, not like some blast or some something batman could see beforehand.
Plus, vader is smart enough to not just use his powers foolishly until he is certain to take you out.
Young anakin was a show off, but experienced vader is not.
All that being said, batman dies.

If you read my post again you'll notice i meant he'd test him to understand his powers before outright attacking him.

~wickerman~

Wickerman
A few batarangs thrown by Batman to Vader's breathing machine and that should be enough to suffocate Darth Vader. Batman wins, no contest.

That would be nice if not for prescience and force abilities. sad

~wickerman~

braz
telekenesis
inhanced agility
inhanced reflexes
abnormal strength
force lightening
force choke
evil genius

all that means nothing if batman has his stealth to his advantage.....like windancer said, he can just throw a batarang, n cutoff his air supply...n Vader'd be gone...or...hang from a grapnel wire down to where he can reach vader and then just break his neck... laughing sounds pretty simple if ya ask me, instead of all that force lightning choke shyt...n btw batman has enhanced agility, reflexes, abnormal strength somewhat with peak human stength, incredible fighting skill with his hands not a lightsaber that can cut through nething....and he's also waaay more of a genius than vader will ever be...he plans out his every move...so, if u gave bats his stealth advantage n prep, there's a good chance vader would go down...but, if he didnt n they were simply facing each other in a battle rink...then batmans dead sad

jinzin
cause batman will hide..cause he knows exactly who vader is right?

Wickerman
all that means nothing if batman has his stealth to his advantage.....like windancer said, he can just throw a batarang, n cutoff his air supply...n Vader'd be gone...or...hang from a grapnel wire down to where he can reach vader and then just break his neck... laughing sounds pretty simple if ya ask me, instead of all that force lightning choke shyt...n btw batman has enhanced agility, reflexes, abnormal strength somewhat with peak human stength, incredible fighting skill with his hands not a lightsaber that can cut through nething....and he's also waaay more of a genius than vader will ever be...he plans out his every move...so, if u gave bats his stealth advantage n prep, there's a good chance vader would go down...but, if he didnt n they were simply facing each other in a battle rink...then batmans dead sad

Are you joking? Because if you are.......then the post i'm about to type is gonna be really uneccessary.
So are you? or are you serious?

~wickerman~

WindDancer

Batman has encounter far more greater opponents than Darth Vader. And he still survived. Example? How about the Demon himself Etrigan? evil face

Whirlysplatt
Batman has encounter far more greater opponents than Darth Vader. And he still survived. Example? How about the Demon himself Etrigan? evil face

or Metron smile

WindDancer
Actually, no wait! Did he face him one on one? blink

Wickerman
Or the prosecuter after Robin just couldn't take it anymore? roll eyes (sarcastic)

~wickerman~

jinzin
..oooor robin.

jinzin
damn beat me to it.

braz
yea im serious

Wickerman

Aaaaaaalrighty then.....here we go.....

Let's say Bats is hiding for no good reason.....so he has stealth mkay? He throws a batarang at Vader. Vader is fast enough to deflect laser bolts. He has precog strong enough to KNOW where the laser bolts are coming from. He'll catch the batarang......and either throw it back into Bats' face, or just smash whatever he's using as a standpoint.
he doesn't have force lightning. He HAS force choke though. Which is quite effective......as in you can't escape it....as in he crushes your windpipe....and you die....am i speaking clearly here?
batman in Batman begins, as said by the thread starter, did not show anything to convince me of abnormal strength. And you contradict yourself by first saying abnormal, and then peak human. Yes, the lightsaber cuts through everything bats can throw at him. Including his hands. saying Bats is more of a genius than vader will ever be shows nothing more or less than the fact that you know nothing of vader. Also, bats doesn't get prep time. And if you meant that in a strategic battle way, then you have no idea what jedi knights and sith lords ARE and what they can do in battle. He doesn't get prep according to the thread starter. And even if he did, where's he gonna collect info from? He can receive all the stealth he wants.....Vader will simply read his presence.....then kill him.

I tried to give Bats the best possible chance in my initial post. If you haven't read it, then GO ON AND READ IT.

And please don't make more immature posts. Thank you.

~wickerman~

braz
ok...yea he has deathchoke....and he stops his batarangs, but can he do the deathchoke to batman when he cant even SENSE him or know where he is...??....and just becuz i didnt mention prep doesnt mean he doesnt get it....so lets say yes...he does get prep...and stealth...then what...vader cant sense him or even know where hes at n the bats knows all his abilities and weaknesses......n a way to look at it so its not "unfair" for vader, he gets stealth too, or simply batman doesnt know where he's at n they have to find each other.....n batman has enhanced senses that he learned in his training.......n bats uses his surroundings or nething to his advantage and will find a way to neutralize his opponents if one way, or another, or another doesnt work....and thats not immaturity, thats common sense based on facts....

NoFate007
Batman, although awesome, loses this easily. Vader is too powerful and Batman can't protect from Force powers and such.

Creshosk
thats common sense based on facts.... Why can't vader sense batman?

braz
why could he sense batman....?? bats is a ninja of the night.. stealth and fear are his two main weapons....he is a master at sneaking up on enemies then doing whatever he pleases to them....and IMO darth vader prolly wouldnt be able to hear batman, cuz hes breathin so damn hard in his oxygen thingy...and that would give away vader's position immediately!

Creshosk
why could he sense batman....?? bats is a ninja of the night.. stealth and fear are his two main weapons....he is a master at sneaking up on enemies then doing whatever he pleases to them....and IMO darth vader prolly wouldnt be able to hear batman, cuz hes breathin so damn hard in his oxygen thingy...and that would give away vader's position immediately! Because Jedi sense through the force. . . unless Batman can mask himself from the force then there is no reason that Vader shouldn't be able to sense Batman.

braz
o there's "jedi sense" too?....smh well in that case, yea bats would get his ass handed to em'..o well lol it was a fun argument while it lasted

joesha28
Batman loses, he might not even survive.......with or without prep.

Sentry
People are talking like it's the comic Batman... This is the movie version... The one with Christian Bale as a young inexperienced Batman. Batman might get a few batarangs off before he dies, but that's probably it. If it was the comic version, he'd stand a far better chance.

Wickerman
ok...yea he has deathchoke....and he stops his batarangs, but can he do the deathchoke to batman when he cant even SENSE him or know where he is...??....and just becuz i didnt mention prep doesnt mean he doesnt get it....so lets say yes...he does get prep...and stealth...then what...vader cant sense him or even know where hes at n the bats knows all his abilities and weaknesses......n a way to look at it so its not "unfair" for vader, he gets stealth too, or simply batman doesnt know where he's at n they have to find each other.....n batman has enhanced senses that he learned in his training.......n bats uses his surroundings or nething to his advantage and will find a way to neutralize his opponents if one way, or another, or another doesnt work....and thats not immaturity, thats common sense based on facts....

laughing I didn't even realise you were the thread maker. And if we're talking about Episode 3 Vader, then his force choke ability is developing still, but still an extremely effective tool.
And that's just it. You do realize immediately after Ep. 3 ends, Vader goes on a crusade to kill every last single Jedi or force-user in the Galaxy right? By following his "sense" you seem to downtalk.

Ooooookay. So Bats has prep time. Where does he get the info though? Hmmmm? Batman has enhanced senses? Like smelling and hearing and that? I saw nothing like that in Batman Begins, which is the Batman version fighting. He's MAYBE peak human senses-wise.

And sure, you can give Bats all the stealth you want, seeing as how it doesn't make much of a difference.

All in all, that version of Bats (from begins) isnt a very strong one. However, i've kept assuming you want him to fight the mechanic vader from Ep. 3.
If that's incorrect, let me know, cause he could fight Anakin Skywalker, known as Darth Vader before getting chopped up. HE does indeed have superhuman reflexes and speed. The fight would last about 5 seconds against him. Against mechanic Vader from ep. 3......let's say it'd prolly last about 3 to 5 minutes.

~wickerman~

DarkAge
Batman in the Star Wars universe would definitely be a Force user. He has all the necessary detachment from desire and sheer focus and dedication to alter parts of the world at will. Batman also has the ability to disappear in front of someone's eyes. Vader couldn't find Luke in RotJ until his thoughts betrayed him, whereas Batman has full control over his mind, and having recognised that Vader needs his suit to live, would leap out and do just enough damge to it to end his life. Batman also could probably find a way to drive Vader to anger and make a fatal mistake. Batman wins.

Creshosk
Originally posted by DarkAge
Batman in the Star Wars universe would definitely be a Force user. He has all the necessary detachment from desire and sheer focus and dedication to alter parts of the world at will. Batman also has the ability to disappear in front of someone's eyes. Vader couldn't find Luke in RotJ until his thoughts betrayed him, whereas Batman has full control over his mind, and having recognised that Vader needs his suit to live, would leap out and do just enough damge to it to end his life. Batman also could probably find a way to drive Vader to anger and make a fatal mistake. Batman wins. So now suddenly movie batman from batman begins knows how to use the force? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Metalmanx

I agree completey with who-dog. Bale's Batman sucked so bad. It was horrible. His Bruce Wayne, however, was incredible. He now ties Val Kilmer for the best Bruce Wayne. But his Batman was, in fact, even worse than Clooney's. Keaton was definitely the best Batman. And even Val played a close second Batman. But Bale's Batman was sooooo crappy.

And that's my two cents. Don't spend em all in one place.

Metalmanx
Oh yea. Vader would end the fight in less than a second.

Force choke, people. Bats has nothing on that.

spiderboy5
batman would be the better vader big grin

Wynndar
As far as Im concerned, Keaton was the only Batman.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.