Galactus Full Power VS. Solaris Full Power

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sentry
Who takes it?

Both are at full power, both have a month of prep.

Debate.

Avalonofthewind
Has Galac Ever been at full power?

Serious...I always see the guy hungry and weak.

supremthor
sentry realy doesnt like DC comics.

kgkg
a very weak Galactus will smoke Solaris.

leonidas
oh yeah, especially considering how well he's done aginst a few earth heroes when he's weak and considering solaris beata universe of heroes that make the regular marvel folk look like a bunch of 3 year olds . . .

blink

and why wouldn't solaris simply absorb galactus's blasts like he absorbed and countered the 1000s of other attacks sent his way?

kgkg
Originally posted by leonidas
oh yeah, especially considering how well he's done aginst a few earth heroes when he's weak and considering solaris beata universe of heroes that make the regular marvel folk look like a bunch of 3 year olds . . .

blink

and why wouldn't solaris simply absorb galactus's blasts like he absorbed and countered the 1000s of other attacks sent his way?
because how much energy an he can abosrb not much.

Like i said when did a weak Galactus tried to kill somebody and failed.

it's always hero hitting him while he ignores them.

Heros = Instect to Galactus.

1000 heros wow tough heroes lol

Gl ring stoped him ass.

Solaris is nowhere near Skyfather , and prime is > Solaris

Now hard did Prime Try?

leonidas
<<Like i said when did a weak Galactus tried to kill somebody and failed.>>

well, here the avengers and ff could have actually KILLED him . . .

kgkg

well, here the avengers and ff could have actually KILLED him . . .
and he used his powers to kill them? without destoying the planet?

leonidas

and here, they could have done the same, but instead of the ff, it was the avengers and ALPHA FLIGHT!

leonidas
but yeah, you're right - the avengers and alpha flight can kill him, but solaris has nooooo chance . . .

sometimes i really worry about you.

ps-i know, i know, galactus wasn't really trying . . . he WANTED the avengers to kill him . . . .

roll eyes (sarcastic)

kgkg
but yeah, you're right - the avengers and alpha flight can kill him, but solaris has nooooo chance . . .

sometimes i really worry about you.

ps-i know, i know, galactus wasn't really trying . . . he WANTED the avengers to kill him . . . .

roll eyes (sarcastic)
No Solaris doesn't

Galactus was using his powers there. ya he sure did destroy the earth.
roll eyes (sarcastic)

kgkg
Fraction of G's power = Dead Solaris

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by kgkg

Well considering what Krona can do to Galactus and think about the difference in powe lrvrls between Marvel and DC smile

kgkg
Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
Well considering what Krona can do to Galactus and think about the difference in powe lrvrls between Marvel and DC smile
ya and Krona was at his normal levels roll eyes (sarcastic)

Whirlysplatt
ya and Krona was at his normal levels roll eyes (sarcastic)

no he was powered up, at normal levels he might of had to hit Galactus again confused but probably only oncesmile

leonidas
you are clearly blind, kg, and unusually dense in this debate. can't tell if it's an anti-solaris thing, or a pro-marvel thing, or just a pro-galactus thing. in any event, the facts are indisputable -- the avengers and alpha flight KO'D him!!!! they could literally have KILLED him!! the avengers and ff did the same!! you ever hear of the trial of galactus - where all the worlds wanted richards dead BECAUSE he DECIDED to LET galactus live!!? do you recall thor - by himself - chasing galactus off!!?

and if g REALLY used '1000 suns' (can't even say that with a straight face) ego would have been demolished because a SINGLE sun's gravity was enough to rip him to shreds.

as to that attack: solaris would simply say thank you for that attack, absorb that energy (apparently it's solar - 1000 suns) and it would make him stronger.

i'll take my much more current and coherent examples over your rather silly post of g using (hehehehe) '1000 suns', any day, and i suspect anyone with a fraction of sense in their heads will do the same. i'm not gonna say solaris beats full power g (not that he's EVER been full power) but he would quite easily obliterate a weak g.

deny all you like, but you look foolish doing so.

Avalonofthewind

Only a 1,000 suns?big grin

MSNBC
Updated: 9:57 p.m. ET Sept. 2, 2004

The latest image from NASA's Hubble Space Telescope highlights a stellar blast that was first discovered by an amateur astronomer a little more than a month ago.

In the Hubble image, an arrow points to the supernova explosion, which is blazing with the light of 200 million suns.

"A supernova can shine like ten billions of suns , ie more than its harbouring galaxy.
Source NASA / Lick Observatory" big grin

Sentry
This will not be an easy feat for either being, but we have never seen a full powered Galactus. The only comparison is looking at what the Abstracts or Celestials did. The Celestials did shatter the Uni-Mind, which is a collection of powers of hundreds of Eternals, as well as the Infinity and Oblivion battle as Quasar and Maelstrom as their avatars. The Abstracts were also the last to fall against Thanos when he possessed THOTU.

Taking a look at an Abstracts stats here:

http://www.immortalthor.net/bio-infinity.html

and then comparing it to Galactus here:

Galactus is just a notch below the abstracts in the durability department. He considers Death his sister/mother, and Eternity his brother/father.

With that being said and Galactus being an essential part of the Marvel Universe here:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/galactus155.jpg

Which contradicts Busiek's writing in the JLA/Avengers. What I mean by contradicting, is that if Galactus did fall, the being known as Abraxas would have emerged, or catch the attention of the Living Tribunal/Spectre, and they would have intervened and stopped Krona in his tracks. But that would have been a dull story.

With that being said, if Galactus had the use of his full might, He could very well defeat Solaris. Not with ease, but with a bit of effort. Solaris is not an essential part of the DC Universe, and just because he slaughtered thousands of heroes, what does that compare to the trillions/quadrillions of beings Galan has slaughtered over the twenty billion years he's been alive in the Marvel Universe. He said so himself in Fantastic Four issue #257 August of 83 as he was confiding to his sister Death. Twenty billion years of experience plus the might of all the biospheres in the Marvel Universe VS. A Supernova.

Oh, Av, what does the light of Ten Billion suns do? Or what does the shining of 200 billions do to Galactus? Light and shining... Blind him? Galactus has experience on his side, fighting a Sun, won't be much of threat to him. If the Surfer, who has around 1% percent the might of Galactus can do this to a sun:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/solar2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/solar3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/solar4.jpg

What do you think his master will do to Solaris...

Galactus wins.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Sentry
This will not be an easy feat for either being, but we have never seen a full powered Galactus. The only comparison is looking at what the Abstracts or Celestials did. The Celestials did shatter the Uni-Mind, which is a collection of powers of hundreds of Eternals, as well as the Infinity and Oblivion battle as Quasar and Maelstrom as their avatars. The Abstracts were also the last to fall against Thanos when he possessed THOTU.

Taking a look at an Abstracts stats here:

http://www.immortalthor.net/bio-infinity.html

and then comparing it to Galactus here:

Galactus is just a notch below the abstracts in the durability department. He considers Death his sister/mother, and Eternity his brother/father.

With that being said and Galactus being an essential part of the Marvel Universe here:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/galactus155.jpg

Which contradicts Busiek's writing in the JLA/Avengers. What I mean by contradicting, is that if Galactus did fall, the being known as Abraxas would have emerged, or catch the attention of the Living Tribunal/Spectre, and they would have intervened and stopped Krona in his tracks. But that would have been a dull story.

With that being said, if Galactus had the use of his full might, He could very well defeat Solaris. Not with ease, but with a bit of effort. Solaris is not an essential part of the DC Universe, and just because he slaughtered thousands of heroes, what does that compare to the trillions/quadrillions of beings Galan has slaughtered over the twenty billion years he's been alive in the Marvel Universe. He said so himself in Fantastic Four issue #257 August of 83 as he was confiding to his sister Death. Twenty billion years of experience plus the might of all the biospheres in the Marvel Universe VS. A Supernova.

Oh, Av, what does the light of Ten Billion suns do? Or what does the shining of 200 billions do to Galactus? Light and shining... Blind him? Galactus has experience on his side, fighting a Sun, won't be much of threat to him. If the Surfer, who has around 1% percent the might of Galactus can do this to a sun:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/solar2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/solar3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/solar4.jpg

What do you think his master will do to Solaris...

Galactus wins.

Light is energy and radiation...power. 1000 for galac versus billions for solaris.
Solaris wins there. The pic of Surfer charging is of no consequence. Supes can do the same thing and STILL didn't want any part of that. Besides the obvious try at outsmarting me... Very good post Sentry. I give credit where credit is due. You gave Solaris his credit (I think you finally got the idea of his power) and if this is truly a fully powered Galac such as LT says...then G wins.
Unfortunately...we never see that Galac..and the version usually shown would get owned by Solaris.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/ACTION_COMICS_782_Kano_and_Marlo_Al.jpg

K3VIL
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Light is energy and radiation...power. 1000 for galac versus billions for solaris.
Solaris wins there. The pic of Surfer charging is of no consequence. Supes can do the same thing and STILL didn't want any part of that. Besides the obvious try at outsmarting me... Very good post Sentry. I give credit where credit is due. You gave Solaris his credit (I think you finally got the idea of his power) and if this is truly a fully powered Galac such as LT says...then G wins.
Unfortunately...we never see that Galac..and the version usually shown would get owned by Solaris.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/ACTION_COMICS_782_Kano_and_Marlo_Al.jpg
It's me or Supes was a giant after the sundip trick?

leonheartmm
the thing about galactus is that he is one of the most inconsistant characters in comic book history, inb one place, his heralds can survive in the hearts of supernovas, destroy planets with a single force blast and rearrange matter on a planetary {or even star} scale, and apparently they have been given A SMALL FRACTION of his ever renewing power, if thats true then galactus should be a big *****! {and add to that his birth as a sibling of eternity, infinity and death} but THATS NOT THE CASE, hes lost to sentry, been scared away by king thor, has had a hole blasted through his chest by sue richards, losyt to the avengers and alpha flight, has almost lost to ego, has been stalemated by mephisto, has been stalemated by dr strange, is scared of cosmic cube beings, has been taunted by maelstrom and was powerless against the watcher uata, and when he died, all that was to show for his AWESOME COSMIC ENERGIES was a regular STAR that would radiate forever, THAT JUST DOESNT ADD UP, not only does that screw with his place in the heirchy, but also completely ****s up the levels of every one else when they are compared to him, but in comics facts always have to be given higher preference than assumptions, and fact is, HE CAN LOSE THIS.{HOWEVER THE SAME GOES FOR SOLARIS WHICH MEANS THAT GALACTUS'S CHANCE OF WINNING IS HIGHER ALTHOUGH NOT BY A SCALE THAT MANY HERE THINK}

leonidas
good post, leon. i agree with it. g is used as a plot device so often the character has been essentially ruined and his TRUE power level is next to impossible to gauge.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.