The End of an Era...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gryn Jabar
After watching all the prequels, who agrees that the Immolation Scene has MUCH more emotional impact?

DeVi| D0do
More emotional impact than what?

It has more emotional impact when compared to the OT than the PT in my opinion...

Gryn Jabar
How so?

DeVi| D0do
Obi Wan's relationship with Anakin... or the destruction of it is much more significant to me than the sanctimonious falling of a 'hero' whose portayal on screen makes me not give an ounce of a damn...

tlbauerle
The ending of an era was slightly emotional...now, what the heck are we talking about?

Neo_Version 7
Star Wars rules.

Tiberius
The empire rulz

Neo_Version 7
THe dead Jedi rules more.

Tiberius
yeah lol

Neo_Version 7
Especially the cone-head guy.

He was badass deflecting those blaster shots.

Gryn Jabar
...until he got shot.

Neo_Version 7
Yeah.

He wasn't very smart.

EHmasterJedi
that Era ended in 1983! LOL

amity75
Nothing beats the old "Luke burning Vader at the funeral pyre scene" for emotion in a Star Wars movie.

bilb
Originally posted by Gryn Jabar
After watching all the prequels, who agrees that the Immolation Scene has MUCH more emotional impact?

is there anyone on the planet who watched ROTS before ANY of the other 5? messed

tlbauerle
Originally posted by bilb
is there anyone on the planet who watched ROTS before ANY of the other 5? messed

Wise this woman is... big grin

McGregorGirl
I dunno... Personally, everytime I hear.."laugh it up...fuzzball" I just can't help but shed a tear.. wink

No, I find the OT a whole new experience after the PT.

McCusto
A tear of laughter? That is what I get.

But, yes, the Immolation Scene was VERY sad, indeed. Especially the words "I hate you"

neo313
Yeah, when Anakin started to fry, it really caught me off guard.

I was expecting him to fall into the lava, not actually catch on fire and burn up. It was much more graphic this way, much more emotional.

Neo_Version 7
That was rough.

Nactous
No, I think the most emotional scene is where he picks up Palpatine, and saves Luke.

McGregorGirl
Originally posted by Nactous
No, I think the most emotional scene is where he picks up Palpatine, and saves Luke.

The whole Vader/Luke thing has become much more emotional since ROTS. The duels. Ani/Obi, Vader/Luke....both very powerful.

But what still gets to me most is when then little boy padawan looks to Anakin for protection because he is scared and.....well you all know.

THAT gets to me.

Maybe if I didn't have a son that age, it wouldn't have gotten to me so bad.

Eleonora
Originally posted by Gryn Jabar

Frankly I can't understand what you mean by "much more".
In comparison to what?

chinabing
The immolation is very hard to watch. Although when
they were fighting, I kept repeating in my head what
Ghost Obi-Wan said to Luke on the log on Dagobah in
the ROTJ novel, "He fell into a molten pit." And then Anakin
never actually fell in to the molten pit. But the more I
repeated that to myself, the less I could enjoy the movie!

That scene was spoiled for me for 22 years!

Darth_Emodas
Originally posted by McGregorGirl
I dunno... Personally, everytime I hear.."laugh it up...fuzzball" I just can't help but shed a tear.. wink

No, I find the OT a whole new experience after the PT.

So true, seeing A New Hope right after the prequels really opened my eyes to the Star Wars world in a way I never thought possible.

I love these movies. Yes, ALL of them.

SithHappens
There are a ton of scenes that kinda get to me. But what really does it is the duel between Obi and Vader in ANH. It has more meaning after seening their relationship, makes me think how he could have done that.

DarthLazious
I agree.

evil_anakin
really d betrayal by anakin was d most emotional for me......d words cut more deep than lightsabers..dnt u think.......2 do dat 2 his own wife....he really had been twisted........(tears stream down my face)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.