Ghost rider Versus Galactus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

grey fox
Now something came to my attention , galactus regularly kills hundreds/thousands/millions/ of people when he 'eats' a planet . Ghost riders penance stare affects those who cause pain onto the living , and big g seems to have caused a hell of a lot of pain to people . Therefore is it possible for ghost rider to beat galactus.

chilled monkey
Yep. It happened in the Fantastic Four animated series.

Ghost Rider used Penance Stare and it caused MASSIVE pain/harm to Galactus. If the FF hadn't gone to his aid, he'd have died.

whobdamandog
Can't really beat a "force of nature" like Galactus..at best..you can slow it down. The penance stare wouldn't do much to the Big G..except maybe give him a guilty conscience..Hell..even Madcap has fared pretty well after receiving the penance stare. I don't see anything else Ghost Rider could do to Galactus a side from the stare. If he's even able to pull the stare off..he better run like hell afterwards.

King KAM
Originally posted by whobdamandog
Can't really beat a "force of nature" like Galactus..at best..you can slow it down. The penance stare wouldn't do much to the Big G..except maybe give him a guilty conscience..Hell..even Madcap has fared pretty well after receiving the penance stare. I don't see anything else Ghost Rider could do to Galactus a side from the stare. If he's even able to pull the stare off..he better run like hell afterwards.

Run Like hell or call Wolverine

Solidus Snake
i dont think Galactus is truly alive' in teh strictest sense of the word. and i dont think cosmic beings of that magnitude have a soul to speak of either.

galactus may just see the penance stare as an vaguely effective magical attack. then he'd get annoyed. cause he has powers that can affect the soul.

grey fox
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Yep. It happened in the Fantastic Four animated series.

Ghost Rider used Penance Stare and it caused MASSIVE pain/harm to Galactus. If the FF hadn't gone to his aid, he'd have died.

Thats where i actually got the idea from , i tried to download that episode for the cameos but couldn't find it .

grey fox
Well it was stated somewhere that galactus , unlike death and eternity was a corporal being and therefore can feel pain, emotional or otherwise.

long pig
It happend on the cartoon and in the comics, but instead of Ghostrider it was Dr.Strange in the comic and he used his own type of penance stare and took out Galactus.

It was FF #243, I think.

If he was vulnerable to Strange's penance stare, I don't see why he wouldn't be vulnerable to GhostRider's.

grey fox
Ya know ghost rider doesn't get much of a look in , when it comes to cartoons he's had two cameos so far . Once in the hulk and once in the afore mentioned ff cartoon.

Solidus Snake
i fear marvel downplays galactus alot. no human or demon should be able to hurt him

yahman
Originally posted by Solidus Snake
i fear marvel downplays galactus alot. no human or demon should be able to hurt him

Except for those with phoenix force shifty.

Lol Sorry couldn't help myself.

grey fox
Originally posted by yahman

laughing laughing

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by yahman

including those with the phoenix force

yahman
Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
including those with the phoenix force

Nahh.... really ? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Spelljammer
I have a super villain wheel, Galactus is on that wheel as The Forces of Nature.

Forces of Nature are godly entities who play a part in the cosmic circle. They aren't really evil so much as they just are. It's a tough concept to wrap your head around, but they mean buisness. And fighting them is ussualy a useless endevure when you could be spending that energy on a more productive matter..

yahman
Originally posted by Spelljammer
I have a super villain wheel, Galactus is on that wheel as The Forces of Nature.

Forces of Nature are godly entities who play a part in the cosmic circle. They aren't really evil so much as they just are. It's a tough concept to wrap your head around, but they mean buisness. And fighting them is ussualy a useless endevure when you could be spending that energy on a more productive matter..

Dormammu would disagree with that. smile

Scoobless

he's no more a force of nature than i am..... or you are.... it just happens that where we eat chickens and cows and things , he eats planets.... now i'm sure the cow would prefer not to be eaten if given the choice, but we eat them for survival..... we don't have to eat animals to survive, just like Galactus doesn't have to eat planets with sentient lifeforms on them..... but they probably just taste better

Solidus Snake
no, galactus eats planets that can sustain life and usually those planets taht sustain life have life on them. so galactus has to destroy them to eat.

Scoobless
but he doesn't need to eat planets with sentient life forms on them.... and he bloody well knows that

Solidus Snake
u dont need to step on an anthill when u go on ur picnics, but if it happens on your walk to the picnic table, u dont lose any sleep over it.

Scoobless
u dont need to step on an anthill when u go on ur picnics, but if it happens on your walk to the picnic table, u dont lose any sleep over it.

i normally go out of my way to avoid killing ants and other bug type things....

demigawd
Pansy.

Scoobless
Originally posted by demigawd
Pansy.

big grin

Spelljammer
Originally posted by Scoobless
he's no more a force of nature than i am..... or you are.... it just happens that where we eat chickens and cows and things , he eats planets.... now i'm sure the cow would prefer not to be eaten if given the choice, but we eat them for survival..... we don't have to eat animals to survive, just like Galactus doesn't have to eat planets with sentient lifeforms on them..... but they probably just taste better
As a who wants to become a nutrionist, I can tell you, you DO need meat. Infact, 1 out of 3 individuals probably need meat more then anything else where as the other 2 could easily live without it if exposed to enough plant foods and or multivitamins. But either way, I beleive I've made my point. stick out tongue

Scoobless
actually you can live without meat.... people do it all the time, there are one or two protiens that aren't present in most vegetarian foods but you can get them from specific non-meat sources

long pig
What a throbbing pussy Scoob is.

I need meat! Arrghhh. evil face

Scoobless
Originally posted by long pig
What a throbbing pussy Scoob is.

I need meat! Arrghhh. evil face

i will kick yo ass if there's anymore of the cheek beeatch!

evil face

long pig
So no haggis for Scoob?

Scoobless
So no haggis for Scoob?

lotsa haggis for the Scoob.... just cos i know that vegetarians can survive, doesn't mean i eat like one of those weirdos

if god wanted us to be vegetarians he wouldn't have made pigs out of bacon!

big grin

Solidus Snake
mmmmmmmmmmmm..........bacon

whobdamandog
if god wanted us to be vegetarians he wouldn't have made pigs out of bacon!

Or bologna out of horses, dogs, and cats...

long pig
mmmmmm..... horse, dogs and cats....

grey fox
hEY HEY HEY back on topic , or else no processed ham later ok

Creshosk
Originally posted by grey fox
hEY HEY HEY back on topic , or else no processed ham later ok I think we're getting alot of processed ham right now.

KillAll
mmmmmmmm..... processed ham...

long pig
Real men eat haggis!

Seriously, you gotta have a massive pair of twins to even try it, but once ya do, there ain't no turning back.

Kinda like heroin.

Xplosive

Galactus is evil no doubt and he is affraid to die. If he wouldn't be evil, he wouldn't have killed billions and billions beings, but would prefer himself to die (forget force of nature, he is evil, and he is affraid to die). And human are also force of nature, humans are just what they are, evil, good. But there are human who have much, much greater soul and heart than Galactus (a cosmic being old as the universe itself, who doesn't have what humans have). But there are humans who are evil, if some human would get power of Galactus he could be much greater nightmare than Galactus is (look at Jean, Dark Phoenix, well there could even much greater threat in some other human with such power). And what would you tell than, he is just force of nature, yes he is, he is evil human who got power to live up to what he wants.
And God has given to humans chicken, pig... to eat (we have right to eat them), while Galactus doesn't have right to eat worlds with beings. And God has made humans completely eternal, something that Galactus may no be.

Solidus Snake
galactus is not evil. him killing ppl is like us stepping on an anthill

or putting detergent in the washing machine to kill the bacteria when clean our clothes

gamewarrior
I know Ghostrider has the penance stare and everything but i dont think it would be enough ot beat galactus maybe make him open to attacks but thats all from what I think.

Xplosive
Galactus is not evil. Him killing ppl is like us stepping on an anthill

or putting detergent in the washing machine to kill the bacteria when clean our clothes

Wow, how can you think that. You can't compare human to Galactus like a bacteria. Who has saved Galactus live once, FF, so actully humans. Who has defeated Galactus, yes, it was mutant. With which help was he brougt back to life, mutant right. Mutants are humans actully. They have both soul, but mutant soul isn't greater than human soul, they are equal, mutant is human. So bacterias have beat Galactus and bacteria brougth Galactus to life. Marvel ordinary human will also become humans with special power with evolution, but soul remains, doesn't change (Franklin is supposedly an early example of what Marvel human may become). So eventaully, humans will also surpass Galactus in power. So Marvel human were born with potential power greater than abstracts. Eventually Galactus will become bacteria compared to humans. And humans are forever, Galactus is not. He will perish for ever, human will not. Human who were born in 5000 BC or the one who were born yesterday, they are all forever, Galactus will be forever gone and his importance to the universe.
And Galactus is evil.

xmarksthespot
Galactus isn't evil. He does no more than what is necessary for his survival.

gamewarrior
Hes just a self-centered, stubborn, Evil guy who doesnt care about no one but himself. So If you were to survive you would kill as many living beings as possible to live?

Xplosive
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Galactus isn't evil. He does no more than what is necessary for his survival.

Yes, and with that killing so many sentient beings, who have soul and he doesn't care, only for himself=evil. Human are capable of sacryfying themselves for greater good, Galactus is not. Galactus was made in the universe for nothign good only for battle and killing inocent beings. For whom SS turned against Galactus, yes for humans. He saw that Galactus survival isn't more important than humans. And I think Galactus has no longer Earth beings for bacterias.
Galactus is evil=fact.

Xplosive
Originally posted by gamewarrior
So If you were to survive you would kill as many living beings as possible to live?

Excatly. Galactus will do that for himself=evil. He will never say no to that.

gamewarrior
Life is a precious gift and galactus takes it and crushes it as if it a worthless grain of rice. The guy is E-V-I-L he doesnt care about nothing else besides his survival.

xmarksthespot
Humanity cares so much about the survival of anything other than itself? Galactus doesn't eat planets for shits and giggles he eats to survive.

Xplosive
Humanity cares so much about the survival of anything other than itself? Galactus doesn't eat planets for shits and giggles he eats to survive.

Actully he is eating them for shits. He is eating them to kill beings. Killing so many beings billions just for his survival.
Billions>1. So if he would want to do good, he would kill himself and not billions of others. **** his survival, where there is question a life of billions.

gamewarrior
The guy eats planets to survive I got that one already but why should he kill so many for himself. Are you trying to say that If galactus came to Earth our earth(Hypothetichally) you wouldnt think he would be evil if he ate our planet and killed every living thing in it?

xmarksthespot
Do you eat meat? Where do you think it comes from? Trees?

Xplosive

God has actully gave us them to eat, pig, chickens..., he gave us right to eat them, but Galactus has no right to eat planets, espeacily with such important beings as humans. If he would be right, then Silver Surfer wouldn't opposed him and many others, also Wathcer.

Solidus Snake
even if ya eat vegetables yuh are killing something

do u care about the bacteria living on the inside of your apple? no, u just eat it. im sure the bacteria feel ur 'evil' too

why do u wash your hands or brush your teeth or bathe. ur killing bacteria. ur an evil SOB

humans can kill galactus. bacteria can kill us. humans helped galactus. bacteria can help humans (penecillin (sp))

mutants can blah blah blah
bacteria mutates all the time. how is teh situation any different

humans are sentient?
how do u know bacteria isnt and its just that we dont know how to communicate with it.

galactus is not evil

Creshosk
Do you eat meat? Where do you think it comes from? Trees? Trees are alive.

Oh, and don't forget that Galactus is an essential part of 616, if he were to die the entire universe would collapse.

Would you sacrifise one person to save 10?
Would you sacrifise 10 people to save 100?
Would you sacrifise 100 people to save 1000?
Would you sacrifise 1,000 people to save 10,000?
Would you sacrifise 10,000 people to save 100,000?
Would you sacrifise 100,000 people to save 1,00,000?
Would you sacrifice a million to save a billion?
Would you sacrifice a couple billion to save the rest of the universe?

xmarksthespot
First off Galactus' is necessary for the existence of the Marvel universe.
Secondly you eat animals because you nothing stops you, there is no divine right and there is no major biological need.
Galactus must eat planets to survive. He's said before "for choice I would feed on barren worlds or civilizations in decline." Galactus is a force of nature, he is not evil.

Magic_attack
laughing out loud

Galactus isnt evil. If you think he is, this is what you should do-

1. Make a website listing your facts of Galctus being evil. ie... eating planets.
2. Get everyone that agrees with your point of view to leave contact info.
3. Contact them and make plans for an anti-Galactus rally.
4. Make some billboards stating your views on them. ie... Galactus: your not welcome here. Think up a chant. ie... Hey Galactus- Hell no, we wont go!!!
5. Show up on the doorstep to Marvel Headquarters.
6. Have a peaceful anti-Galactus protest. (but sometimes things cant be done peacefully. This might be one of them.)
7. Sit down with Marvel and find out what can be done to eliminate Galactus from being such a threat.
8. Let me know how things go.

Xplosive
even if ya eat vegetables yuh are killing something

do u care about the bacteria living on the inside of your apple? no, u just eat it. im sure the bacteria feel ur 'evil' too

why do u wash your hands or brush your teeth or bathe. ur killing bacteria. ur an evil SOB

humans can kill galactus. bacteria can kill us. humans helped galactus. bacteria can help humans (penecillin (sp))

mutants can blah blah blah
bacteria mutates all the time. how is teh situation any different

humans are sentient?
how do u know bacteria isnt and its just that we dont know how to communicate with it.

God didn't gave soul to animals or especailly to bacterias. That is why he created pig and that, for us to, to eat somethig. He gave us right to eat apple, he gave us right to eat pig. But he gave soul to humans.
I don't what you are thinking, but you must be an idiot to compare bacterias to humans as humans to G. SS betrayed G for humans, Wathcer know humans are too imporant so that G could only feed on humans.
God gave humabs eternal life, only to us, not to animals or bacteria, so don't dare to think again compare bacteria to humans as humans to G, like it's the same.
And when G died, I don't remember Universe collapsing, only star was made from his energy.

xmarksthespot
Galactus' wasn't dead he was incubating - however in his stead an entity called Abraxas was released and attempted to destroy the universe. Galactus' is a vital part of the MU, he does only what he needs to survive, he is not so much an organism as a force of nature, he is not good and he is not evil, he simply is.

Magic_attack
Sort of like hurricane Katrina being evil.

Marvelgeek
Originally posted by Xplosive
God has actully gave us them to eat, pig, chickens..., he gave us right to eat them, but Galactus has no right to eat planets, espeacily with such important beings as humans. If he would be right, then Silver Surfer wouldn't opposed him and many others, also Wathcer. How do u know for example he himself doesnt believe to have been given that right, to eat us?
When it comes down to eat Galactus eats to survive, as do we. He might consider our emotions and lives to be equivalents of what we think of such traits in chickens etc. We dont think much of it, and eat away (sure some of us dont, but does that make the rest of us meateaters evil?).
He doesnt feel he's doing wrong. He is not evil, not good, I say he is a complex individual, in a state of existance far above our capability to understand (ie his reasoning and mind might not make sense to us).
It was stated that to do what he must do to survive his mind blocks out what it truly means (thats how the penance stare worked, he became aware of it in my understanding).
He is indifferent to our survival. He does what he has to, self-preservation drives us all and is very powerful.
He might be aware, or he might not see our reasoning. He sees most of us as lesser beings. His psyche is different from ours, and he is a complex individual. I dont really think he can be labeled as evil. (He's Bad News for us "ants" though)

Scoobless
And God has given to humans chicken, pig... to eat (we have right to eat them), while Galactus doesn't have right to eat worlds with beings.

someone's had a good dose of religious brainwashing

isn't valuing your own life above other life one of the classic trademarks of being "evil"?

hawkwind
Originally posted by gamewarrior
The guy eats planets to survive I got that one already but why should he kill so many for himself. Are you trying to say that If galactus came to Earth our earth(Hypothetichally) you wouldnt think he would be evil if he ate our planet and killed every living thing in it? galactus rocks

Creshosk
God didn't gave soul to animals or especailly to bacterias. Can you prove this?

He made them be able to feel pain, he made them be able to feel love, and pleasure.

That is why he created pig and that, for us to, to eat somethig. He gave us right to eat apple, he gave us right to eat pig. But he gave soul to humans. then why did he make them fight back?

I don't what you are thinking, but you must be an idiot to compare bacterias to humans as humans to G. SS betrayed G for humans, Wathcer know humans are too imporant so that G could only feed on humans. When has G ever fed on humans?

God gave humabs eternal life, only to us, not to animals or bacteria, Again, prove this?

so don't dare to think again compare bacteria to humans as humans to G, like it's the same. It's funny that its a human that is saying this, if you think about it.

And when G died, I don't remember Universe collapsing, only star was made from his energy. When did G die?

Solidus Snake
honestly, im a strong believer in God and stuff, but are u seriously trying to use scripture to define a fictional characters eating habits Xplosive?

it seems illogical to me

Magic_attack
someone's had a good dose of religious brainwashing

Sounds like it.

Pointinel

^cosigns.

and he holds on as long as he can.

Xplosive
Originally posted by Marvelgeek
How do u know for example he himself doesnt believe to have been given that right, to eat us?

Because Galactus in many ways isn't even capable of feeling what humans can. Now MarvelGeek, so TOAA has created humans so that they can be eaten by Galactus. I mean TOAA has chosen humans, again humans with potential to be one with primal force of creation and than you think he gave Galcatus right to eat human beigns.
To Scoobles, no, we are above animals, we have soul, they don't.
Galactus soul isn't above human soul. Isn't is said Galactus will de and other abstact with the end of the universe, guess what, human will live and human will evetnually become more powerful than abstracts. There are already some of them more powerful than G.
How can both of you been sos tupid, think before you write, especailly you Marvelgeek, I mean, how do you know he doens't have right to eat us, how can you say somethin like that stupid, while TOAA has given to human greatest potential of all. So I think he doesn't have right to.
Creshosk, Oh my God, you are also comparing human to bacterias and thininking they have soul and asking me to prove you, **** you.
Solidus Snake, no, you are not strong believer.
Now Apocalypse wants to make strongest to survive, he is also about survival. Well than I guees he is not evil, he is just what it is, killing others, because of his idea of survival, he is not evil.

Scoobless

what are you basing this belief on?

Creshosk, Oh my God, you are also comparing human to bacterias and thininking they have soul and asking me to prove you, **** you.

why are you so opposed to the idea that humans aren't above everything? the most "evil" acts ever recorded were committed by humans

does the idea that humans have something in common with bacteria offend you?... if so, why?

do you believe everything you are told? if the answer is no, then why do you believe everything a religious group tells you?

Creshosk
Because Galactus in many ways isn't even capable of feeling what humans can. and we are incapable feeling what he can in many ways.

Now MarvelGeek, so TOAA has created humans so that they can be eaten by Galactus.When has galactus eaten humans, human?

I mean TOAA has chosen humans, again humans with potential to be one with primal force of creation and than you think he gave Galcatus right to eat human beigns.So you do listen to GS?

To Scoobles, no, we are above animals, we have soul, they don't. Prove it.

Galactus soul isn't above human soul. Isn't is said Galactus will de and other abstact with the end of the universe, guess what, human will live and human will evetnually become more powerful than abstracts. eventually. What about humans that kill other humans not out of need but vengence, or whatever?

How can both of you been sos tupid, think before you write, especailly you Marvelgeek, I mean, how do you know he doens't have right to eat us, how can you say somethin like that stupid, while TOAA has given to human greatest potential of all. So I think he doesn't have right to. when has he ever eaten humans?

Creshosk, Oh my God, you are also comparing human to bacterias and thininking they have soul and asking me to prove you, **** you.I take it that's a no on proving only humans have souls?

Now Apocalypse wants to make strongest to survive, he is also about survival. Well than I guees he is not evil, he is just what it is, killing others, because of his idea of survival, he is not evil. It's not just his own survival, he's killing those HE doesn't think should survive. He's making sure that others DON'T survive. big difference.

Solidus Snake
Because Galactus in many ways isn't even capable of feeling what humans can. Now MarvelGeek, so TOAA has created humans so that they can be eaten by Galactus. I mean TOAA has chosen humans, again humans with potential to be one with primal force of creation and than you think he gave Galcatus right to eat human beigns.
Galactus soul isn't above human soul. Isn't is said Galactus will de and other abstact with the end of the universe, guess what, human will live and human will evetnually become more powerful than abstracts. There are already some of them more powerful than G.
How can both of you been sos tupid, think before you write, especailly you Marvelgeek, I mean, how do you know he doens't have right to eat us, how can you say somethin like that stupid, while TOAA has given to human greatest potential of all. So I think he doesn't have right to.
Now Apocalypse wants to make strongest to survive, he is also about survival. Well than I guees he is not evil, he is just what it is, killing others, because of his idea of survival, he is not evil.

son, what do u know about my beliefs in God mad

stick to what u know about. however, it seems not to be about comics either evil face

long pig
Galactus doesn't have a soul, nor has he in billions of years.

If you never gave up your soul and you don't have one, you aren't capable of evil.

jinzin
galactus is a force of nature....not a human being....

ghost rider's stare BEST CASE SCENARIO would hurt him a little...then he'd squash ghost rider...then ghost rider would materialize...
then repeat...

repeat....

repeat...

Xplosive
Galactus doesn't have a soul, nor has he in billions of years.

That is why human are above Galactus. Galactus eventually has end, human doensn't. Human are eternal and TOAA has made them more important than Galactus, just look at Jean.

long pig
Potentially more important.

Right now, in comics, our evolution hasn't made us important.

Hell, in the actual scheme of things, humans mean nothing to no one except humans.

Galactus says the fatal flaw for humans is emotion and goes on to say the fatal flaw of abstracts is the lack of it.
Basically, we are all screwed.

Galactus isn't evil or good or even a decent fellah, you're using words that don't apply to someone above you.

Mainstream
Galactus simply is.

Laminator_X
Actually Galactus does regret and anguish over the sufferring he causses. Once in FF, he said "No More!" and starved himself for years while he tried to feed off of Nebulae and less rich worlds to little avail. Eventually he collapses in his ship and Death appears to him. He asks if she's come to claim him, but instead she explains to him that his purpose and necessary role in the Universe is to do and be as he is, that the destruction he wreaks is an essential part of the order of things. Eventually convinced, he summons Nova and tells her that he's starving nearly to death and needs a world to eat ASAP. The first one she found was the Skrull Throneworld.

Xplosive
Potentially more important.

Right now, in comics, our evolution hasn't made us important.

Not yet, and it won't be for some time. Evoulution for now has only made few humans imporant to the unvierse few of them.
But like you said, potentailly they are, but it will need time and time.

Magic_attack
argue
^This is what u think u guys are doin

wallbash
^This is actually what u guys are doin

Scoobless
Originally posted by Magic_attack
argue

wallbash

long pig
lol retards are so much fun to belittle.

I think I'ma start making sigs fulla 'em!

Magic_attack
I dont like making fun of handicapped ppl. But I laughed the first time I saw this episode

BstrdMan
So no haggis for Scoob?
ugh.. oobb.. BLBLLLAAAARRRRGGGHHhhhh/... sick sick sick
Foul FOUL stuff.
Don't suppose anyone's couting the reasons given from the Universe X about galactus...

Creshosk
Originally posted by Magic_attack
argue

wallbash

Nataku8188
honestly, im a strong believer in God and stuff, but are u seriously trying to use scripture to define a fictional characters eating habits Xplosive?

it seems illogical to me

That's his calling card.

King KAM
God sucks, SOB owes me 20 bucks....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.