Controllers (do they matter, which was your favorite)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tha C-Master
Does a controller make the difference, I think it does, and I choose the PS controller... smokin'

jaden101
i prefer to PS controller also...although there are aspects about the xbox controller that i prefer...such as the proper pressure sensitive buttons that the ps controller does poorly

the gamecube controller i feel is a vast improvement over the n64 which was superb for miyamoto's games as he designed it...but was pretty crap for most other games...best non miyamoto execution had to be in goldeneye and perfect dark

never liked the dream cast controller...it forced the hands into an unnatural position to grip it properly

Victor Von Doom
I always thought the PS2 controller was basic.

It's good for certain games, but it's essentially just a rip off of the old snes controller. All they did was add an exta shoulder button, and analogue.

I find it the best controller for certain games such as Pro Evolution and Tekken (ironically the only things PS2 is good for), but then would always go with another.

XBox one is good at times- black and white buttons are crap.

Cube one is great for certain games, as the analogue is so precise. The d-pad can't really be used for controlling though, but it's good for commands, as in Eternal Darkness.

Cube one is my personal favourite.

I actually liked the N64 controller, I thought it was great. I still haven't seen a controller that can beat it for the FPS style games (the Rare ones).

SaTsuJiN
Sega saturn.. big D-pad.. 6 face buttons and 2 shoulder buttons.. the best home fighting game controller

Ast
I love the XBOX controller S, and have no problems with gamecube controllers(love wavebirds).

I have always hated the dual shock controller, mainly because the analog sticks suck, they shouldnt be on same axis, and they are way to loose.

jaden101
it aint the buttons i like about the ps controller..its the grip...it just feels more natural in the hand than any of the others

the main thing that annoyed me about the n64 was the analogue stick...when pushed forward in was uncomfortable on the thumb because the edge stuck into it a bit...i got quite a few blisters from playing ocarina of time but that probably cause on one occassion i played for 18 straight without so much as even going to the toilet...sad i know

DarkC
The original Xbox controller was very bulky and didn't adjust easily to the grip, but the second model S-controller was easy on the hand and felt like it melded into your hand. thumb up

dAngEr_Is_gO!
The Xbox S-controller is as close to perfection as I've found in a controller. The black and white buttons are the only real deficiency.
My second fav would be the PS2 controller as it is really well layed out but I find it a little too lightweight for my liking.
In third spot I'd have the Dreamcast controller which is kinda like the forerunner to the Xbox controller. Plus it had the ability to use VMUs which I thought was a great idea. The only problem was that it wasn't very friendly for fighting games.

SnakeEyes
Controllers are really important to me. If I can't play a game well because of the controller, there is no real point for me to be playing. I really like using the mouse/keyboard for shooters. There's nothing better than that. PS controllers are good. X-box (the original ones) were too huge, and the black and white buttons can get annoying. Gamecube controllers are pretty good too.

Beelzebuu
The GameCube is the easiest controller to use. They seem to be way more durible too. I've have about 6 PS2 Controllers to my one Gamecube Controller. It's the same Controller that came witht the system

darth-yoda
iv had 2 ps2 controllers there poor sticky shoulder butoons and something is lose in every 1 i have touchedthe game cube is good but a small d pad and the c and z buttons are hard to reach at time the contoller s is the best thing i have picked up pad wise it ios a part of me when im play a game now to the next gen pads the boomarang(PS3) pad looks way to big but at least when you get angry and throw the pad at the floor it will come back the 360 controller look uncomftoble and i havent seen the revolution 1

Skorn254
I like the big xbox controllers and the ps2 controllers but I voted for xbox.

Red Superfly
The N64 pad, in my opinion, was the best pad ever created.

The prongs meant that your thumb would sit in the same position, making it easy to use.

The Z trigger is also missed.

The D-Pad was PERFECT.

It was such a good pad that Sony nicked most of its best ideas and evolved their PSX controller based around them. Analogue sticks, rumble feature etc.

Arguably the PS2 controller is the best, due to it being pretty much an N64 pad rip-off, but it improved upon its ideas that it nicked.

The only thing about the PS2 pad is that it gets really uncomfortable. i hope the PS3 pad has all the uses of the PS2 pad but is actually ergonomic (and the shape indicates that it will be). That would be the best pad ever.

Spelljammer
On THAT list, X-Box controller no question..

But otherwise SNES with N64 coming in at a close second..

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
I always thought the PS2 controller was basic.

It's good for certain games, but it's essentially just a rip off of the old snes controller. All they did was add an exta shoulder button, and analogue.

I find it the best controller for certain games such as Pro Evolution and Tekken (ironically the only things PS2 is good for), but then would always go with another.

XBox one is good at times- black and white buttons are crap.

Cube one is great for certain games, as the analogue is so precise. The d-pad can't really be used for controlling though, but it's good for commands, as in Eternal Darkness.

Cube one is my personal favourite.

I actually liked the N64 controller, I thought it was great. I still haven't seen a controller that can beat it for the FPS style games (the Rare ones).

Thats what I liked about it though, its basic.

Perfect for fighters, and any game you need as much precision for as possible, with precision timing.

I have a special one for fighting games.

Originally posted by DarkC
The original Xbox controller was very bulky and didn't adjust easily to the grip, but the second model S-controller was easy on the hand and felt like it melded into your hand. thumb up

xbox controller was the worst, imo. I don't see what was so great about it, that could not be had.

Now the wireless logitech, thats a dream come true.

Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Controllers are really important to me. If I can't play a game well because of the controller, there is no real point for me to be playing. I really like using the mouse/keyboard for shooters. There's nothing better than that. PS controllers are good. X-box (the original ones) were too huge, and the black and white buttons can get annoying. Gamecube controllers are pretty good too.

Which is why I need the light weight.

hotsauce6548
Xbox controller S is awesomeness. big grin

§pearhead
PS2 controller...in controllers, simplicity is a virtue.

I like a certain aspect of the n64 controller, the button on the back...that was creative, and I liked it...even though I know I'm in the minority for that

Tha C-Master
playstatio was best, xbox was the worst.

StinkFist462
i think the GC controller is the most comfortable one. ever.

a lot of poeple bashed it but i absolutely love the ORIGINAL xbox controller...i love it so much i traded friend my controller S for it. i just thought it was a brilliant design and since i have really huge hands it fit me perfectly and i can place for hours without getting cramps....i love the PS dual shock also but that gives me cramps

Tha C-Master
I have large hands, but not many people do, I still like the smaller ps controllers.

I'm pretty sure shaq would love the original xbox controller.

Red Superfly
People exaggerate the XBox controllers size.

My friends and I are all over 6 foot with huge guitar-player hands. The XBox controller is damn near perfect.

ANyone else find the Gamecube controller to be awkward? I STILL haven't fully got used to the Z-Trigger being where it is.

Tha C-Master
exactly why it works, I have big hands too, but the average person...

StinkFist462
i have medium size hands and the original Xbox cotroller was comfortable for me. the new S type, the black and white buttons are to hard to get to.

Tha C-Master
It was all garbage and had oddly placed buttons

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.