Shaggy Man v Juggernaut

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Whirlysplatt
?

hawkwind
i've heard of shaggy man. isn't he at least at juggs invulnarability level can i have some info.

leonidas
this may be one of those battles that actually DOES go on forever. shaggy is almost certainly stronger, but i wouldn't say a LOT stronger, and i don't think he gets through juggs force field. juggs could potentially rip off shaggy's arms and legs, but they'd just grow back.

honestly, this battle could literally last forever - but it would be a great fight!

good match up whirly!

smile

long pig
They can't do anything to each other.

Mainstream
yeah...they'd fight until the dinosaurs came back.

supremthor

Magic_attack
Neiher of them has a way to win on there own. They are both indestructable forces.

They would probably end up deciding to work together. Then someone would have to stop the both of them.

doomsday49
how much time does shaggy man have until he regenerate new limbs

Draco69
Originally posted by doomsday49
how much time does shaggy man have until he regenerate new limbs

Seconds.

golem370
Shaggy Man

leonidas
the world war 3/mageddon arc in the jla (forget the issue #s) is a good series of appearances. i forget the issues where he found the shaggy man body, but they were also in the jla. the general hasn't been around THAT long. the shaggy man body however, has been.

guy222
love to see this

Knowsbleed33
Push.

Prep-Man
Stalemate. There is nothing Juggs could do, unless BFR, because SM will just adapt to whatever Cain throws.

Omega Vision
Didn't Shaggy Man more or less ignore Superman's punches? I think Juggs (even full-powered) gets crushed here.

Mindset
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Didn't Shaggy Man more or less ignore Superman's punches? I think Juggs (even full-powered) gets crushed here. Even if that were true, how will he 'crush' Juggs?

Prep-Man
if we're using PC Shaggy Man, he literally beat the JLA. The JLA couldn't do anything and later ADAPTED to Green Lantern (Hal) power to shrink Shaggy Man. He's like Doomsday in that regard.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Mindset
Even if that were true, how will he 'crush' Juggs?
I imagine by taking his enormous fists and hitting Juggernaut on the helmet in a downward fashion. It depends on the version but if its regular (average) Juggernaut and Pre-Crisis Shaggy Man Juggernaut is turned into a funny looking pancake by Shag's fist.

psycho gundam
shaggy man's head took a while to regrow it's body once it was severed, not only is that a kmc loss (isn't it?) but his head must power the regeneration effect since his disembodied corpse didn't regrow a head, which begs the question:

"can the juggernaut decapitate the shaggy man?"

hell yes, and then smash it like a jack-o-lantern on november 1st, extending the immobilization of shaggy man.

Mindset
no expression

Knowsbleed33
I imagine by taking his enormous fists and hitting Juggernaut on the helmet in a downward fashion. It depends on the version but if its regular (average) Juggernaut and Pre-Crisis Shaggy Man Juggernaut is turned into a funny looking pancake by Shag's fist.

Is this a subtle way of saying you know nothing about the Juggernaut?

Prep-Man
Originally posted by psycho gundam
shaggy man's head took a while to regrow it's body once it was severed, not only is that a kmc loss (isn't it?) but his head must power the regeneration effect since his disembodied corpse didn't regrow a head, which begs the question:

"can the juggernaut decapitate the shaggy man?"

hell yes, and then smash it like a jack-o-lantern on november 1st, extending the immobilization of shaggy man.

Back when SM first appeared, they needed a second SM to keep the first one busy. The 2 could have battled forever, because he could not tire or be hurt. Post crisis SM is watered down quite a bit.

psycho gundam
a bat bomb took eiling's arm clean off, and it's the same body as the shaggy man had just with a brain transplant.

juggernaut could replicate that on shaggy's domepiece with ease, and shaggy man is too dumb to stop it.

Originally posted by Prep-Man
Back when SM first appeared, they needed a second SM to keep the first one busy. The 2 could have battled forever, because he could not tire or be hurt. Post crisis SM is watered down quite a bit. it was in pre-crisis where he got his head taken off, and it lied there for a while with a stupid look on it's face. then the fetus shit started growing from it's neck.

Prep-Man
a bat bomb took eiling's arm clean off, and it's the same body as the shaggy man had just with a brain transplant.

juggernaut could replicate that on shaggy's domepiece with ease, and shaggy man is too dumb to stop it.

Like I said, Post crisis SM is watered down version of the PC version.

psycho gundam
edited to reiterate

Prep-Man
Yeah, it just adapted. In World War 3, The General took a blast from the Astro Force. And this was when Oron was enraged.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Is this a subtle way of saying you know nothing about the Juggernaut?
I'll admit I don't know as much about Juggs as perhaps I should but anything that can shrug off a punch from Pre-Crisis Superman is a threat to any version of Juggernaut.

Mindset
No

psycho gundam
Yeah, it just adapted. In World War 3, The General took a blast from the Astro Force. And this was when Oron was enraged. bat bomb > astro force?

that same eiling also got his arm taken off by superman's heat vision, he's not as durable as the juggernaut.

Knowsbleed33
I'll admit I don't know as much about Juggs as perhaps I should but anything that can shrug off a punch from Pre-Crisis Superman is a threat to any version of Juggernaut. Originally posted by Mindset
No

Omega Vision
Durability isn't as important as the Shaggy Man's healing factor which makes Hulk look anemic by comparison.

Prep-Man
bat bomb > astro force?

that same eiling also got his arm taken off by superman's heat vision, he's not as durable as the juggernaut.

Most of the time, SM has better feats than that, so I averaged it out. Current is watered down. just read the last time he appeared in the JLA.

IMO, Juggernaut can't KO SM and SM can't KO Juggs. That simple.

Knowsbleed33
Durability isn't as important as the Shaggy Man's healing factor which makes Hulk look anemic by comparison.

Juggernaut has both. He regrew a brand new eyeball in a matter of seconds.

Omega Vision
Isn't it true that the Pre Crisis JLA couldn't stop SHaggy Man so they had to create another one and have the two fight an endless battle? I really don't think Juggernaut > Pre-Crisis JLA

Knowsbleed33
It just goes to show that "BFR" isn't as linear in comics as it is on battle boards.

Mindset
Isn't it true that the Pre Crisis JLA couldn't stop SHaggy Man so they had to create another one and have the two fight an endless battle? I really don't think Juggernaut > Pre-Crisis JLA And that means he beats Juggs?

Omega Vision
And that means he beats Juggs?
Not necessarily. It just means that its within his capabilities. I mean face it Juggs has one method of attack: charging and counting on the opponent being weaker than he is. Shaggy Man isn't going to go down that easily and Juggernaut at the very least will be forced to fight smart (as smart as Juggs can fight anyway) to win.

Knowsbleed33
I mean face it Juggs has one method of attack: charging and counting on the opponent being weaker than he is.

You see, this is exactly what was wrong with how Juggernaut was portrayed in IH #602. This is basically how Pak wrote the character. If he can't gain momentum and ram things he's completely ineffectual.

I assure you, that's not the case.

psycho gundam
Not necessarily. It just means that its within his capabilities. I mean face it Juggs has one method of attack: charging and counting on the opponent being weaker than he is. Shaggy Man isn't going to go down that easily and Juggernaut at the very least will be forced to fight smart (as smart as Juggs can fight anyway) to win. shaggy man fights like captain america compared to juggy right?

shaggy man can't put a scratch on juggernaut, whereas juggernaut can tear extremities off of shaggy man.

Omega Vision
Hey I never tried to say Shaggy Man was light on his feet or smart but he's fast enough to react to Superman speed-blitzing him and fast enough to handle the Flash so Juggernaut will likely be out-maneuvered here.
What makes you say Juggs can't be hurt by Shaggy Man?

Prep-Man
shaggy man fights like captain america compared to juggy right?

shaggy man can't put a scratch on juggernaut, whereas juggernaut can tear extremities off of shaggy man.

I doubt it. Superman's strength hardly did anything. And Hal Jordan fought that monster for over an hour and didn't do squat.

If Cain were to rip off something, SM would just regrow it or adapt to his attack.

psycho gundam
he can bfr juggernaut for sure, many can. beat him down without getting himself beat down, no.

if i could find the scan of him loosing his head, you'd probably believe me also. loosing arms is a sure thing.

Omega Vision
From what's been shown PC Supes is at least as strong if not much stronger than the strongest version of Juggernaut and PC Supes couldn't do much more than slow SM down.

psycho gundam
If Cain were to rip off something SM would just regrow it not his head

or adapt to his attack.

not without his head

From what's been shown PC Supes is at least as strong if not much stronger than the strongest version of Juggernaut and PC Supes couldn't do much more than slow SM down. superman doesn't kill, current supeman cut off the arm of the same body the original had, aim at the neck and that would have been a win.

Prep-Man
he can bfr juggernaut for sure, many can. beat him down without getting himself beat down, no.

if i could find the scan of him loosing his head, you'd probably believe me also. loosing arms is a sure thing.

I used to own SM's first appearance and I don't remember that. Anyway, he STILL regrew his head back and adapted. Juggs won't take him down for long.

Knowsbleed33
Juggernaut has survived being worn down to nothing but a skeleton. There's absolutely nothing Shaggy Man can do to put him down except BFR.

Nothing.

Omega Vision
Does Juggernaut need to have the Gem for his power or is it a constant effect? Could SM depower him if he got his hands on the Gem of Cyttorak?

Mindset
Why does Pre Crisis SM keep being brought up?

Omega Vision
Because the version isn't specified.

Mindset
So let's use Trion Juggs.

psycho gundam
I used to own SM's first appearance and I don't remember that. Anyway, he STILL regrew his head back and adapted. Juggs won't take him down for long. i'm looking for it, it's a pretty pathetic sight.

shaggy man is probably stronger, but his durability on average is far lower than juggernaut's.

Omega Vision
So let's use Trion Juggs.
Not familiar with that version. What are some of his feats?

Mindset
He'll punch a hole to a different dimension and throw SM in.

Prep-Man
i'm looking for it, it's a pretty pathetic sight.

shaggy man is probably stronger, but his durability on average is far lower than juggernaut's.

Is this the instance you were referring to?

http://www.supermantv.net/wallpaperbattles/shaggyman.htm

Anyway, he still adapted, since The General took his body.

Knowsbleed33
Not familiar with that version. What are some of his feats?

Owning space and time.

Omega Vision
Oh ok so Superboy Prime level WTF Power. Alright that version has a solid chance of winning but any other version doesn't look good against PC Shaggy Man.

psycho gundam
Is this the instance you were referring to?

http://www.supermantv.net/wallpaperbattles/shaggyman.htm

Anyway, he still adapted, since The General took his body.
nope.

shaggy man gets his head lopped off then the body falls to the ground dead. the head later grows the body back and starts fighting again, the other body stays dead.

Knowsbleed33
Oh ok so Superboy Prime level WTF Power. Alright that version has a solid chance of winning but any other version doesn't look good against PC Shaggy Man.

You're just not getting it are you?

Prep-Man
nope.

shaggy man gets his head lopped off then the body falls to the ground dead. the head later grows the body back and starts fighting again, the other body stays dead.

Then you might be talking about his later appearance, because the instance you're talking about didn't happen, Pre-Crisis. All I remember is that they built a second SM to keep it busy, then Hal shrunk SM down to size, which didn't last.

Prep-Man
http://tenzel.net/dcuguide/chronology.php?name=shaggyman

Not many appearances to talk about, so it has to be one of those.

Knowsbleed33
Someone tell me the issues you're talking about and I will retrieve them.

Zack M
Stalemate or whoever BFR the other opponent first.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.