Jenny Fractal v Rachael Summers as Phoenix

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Whirlysplatt
Can't find bio and pics on the web?

So its only for those that know to decidesmile

I think Jenny

Phoenix can wok on realities allegedly, Jenny certainly can smile

Whirlysplatt
Can this be moved

Creshosk
Here's an analogous comparison rundown:
Phoenix force = speed force
Jean Phoenix = KC Flash
Rachael Phoenix = Kid flash; or maybe Wally. . .

Bit of a difference in this matchup don't you think?

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Creshosk
Jean Phoenix = KC Flash

Jenny is 5 years old smile

Creshosk
Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
Jenny is 5 years old smile I'm not talking about age. I'm talking about power.

Are you sure you're comparing to the right Phoenix?

Whirlysplatt
I'm not talking about age. I'm talking about power.

Are you sure you're comparing to the right Phoenix?

I think at the moment Jenny as a 5 year old child would not beat Phoenix. I think Rose Tyler as the BADWOLF would though smile

GalacticStorm
I think at the moment Jenny as a 5 year old child would not beat Phoenix. I think Rose Tyler as the BADWOLF would though smile

You have a habit of championing these lame, obscure characters. Rose Tyler? laughing out loud

You hoping to turn forum ignorance to your advantage?

She would have her hands full with Rachel. Jean is out of the question.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
You have a habit of championing these lame, obscure characters. Rose Tyler? laughing out loud

You hoping to turn forum ignorance to your advantage?

She would have her hands full with Rachel. Jean is out of the question.

You've missed a great deal laughing out loud

GalacticStorm
You've missed a great deal laughing out loud

Nothing of value laughing

Whirlysplatt

true enough, you have though missed a lot of people (not particularly me) talking about you essayssmile

GalacticStorm
true enough, you have though missed a lot of people (not particularly me) talking about you essayssmile

Ive seen a few. The people involved are either past casualties or members whose opinions i care little for to be honest. I like the fact that most of my support comes from the respected members of this forum. smile

Whirlysplatt
Ive seen a few. The people involved are either past casualties or members whose opinions i care little for to be honest. I like the fact that most of my support comes from the respected members of this forum. smile

It was many of the older members smile In fact mostly older members.

Creshosk
Have you two been here longer than your time stamps say?

GalacticStorm
It was many of the older members smile In fact mostly older members.

Length of membership does not equal respected member im afraid. I made sure to have a long read before i made my return post. Im well aware of what has been said and as aforementioned:

Ive managed to convince with a high level of success numerous members who are widely respected on this forum. While some of these members dont believe all of what i claim the character has been significantly elevated in status thanks to myself. I am content.

The opinions of those who have have been struck down by the GS in the past are of no consequence.

The disbelief of new members while not exactly desired can not be avoided without effort from my part. Effort which is currently beyond me being the lazy student i am. However I am glad to count the respected and proven members of this forum amongst those i have enlightened. Again i say i am content. smile

Have you two been here longer than your time stamps say?

Nah not me. I cant answer for Whirly.

Whirlysplatt
Length of membership does not equal respected member im afraid. I made sure to have a long read before i made my return post. Im well aware of what has been said and as aforementioned:

Ive managed to convince with a high level of success numerous members who are widely respected on this forum. While some of these members dont believe all of what i claim the character has been significantly elevated in status thanks to myself. I am content.

The opinions of those who have have been struck down by the GS in the past are of no consequence.

The disbelief of new members while not exactly desired can not be avoided without effort from my part. Effort which is currently beyond me being the lazy student i am. However I am glad to count the respected and proven members of this forum amongst those i have enlightened. Again i say i am content. smile

Nah not me. I cant answer for Whirly.

I have not been here long, what GS post indicates is he thinks because of his filibuster campaign some members respect Phoenix. I have always said I think all members opinions are equally valid to be voiced, just don't expect me to always agree with them. Phoenix is one idea, I and many others (as you are aware Creshosk) do not agree with. smile GS obviously needs the belief of others to vindicate his belief in Phoenix and respects tose that agree with him, he also sees some members as more inportant than others (this is flawed given the transitory nature of a web forum), and he sees the unbelievers as infidels laughing out loud

Ultimate Ion
Jean Phoenix = KC Flash

Wally is KC Flash.

GalacticStorm
I have not been here long, what GS post indicates is he thinks because of his filibuster campaign some members respect Phoenix. I have always said I think all members opinions are equally valid to be voiced, just don't expect me to always agree with them. Phoenix is one idea, I and many others (as you are aware Creshosk) do not agree with. smile GS obviously needs the belief of others to vindicate his belief in Phoenix and respects tose that agree with him, he also sees some members as more inportant than others (this is flawed given the transitory nature of a web forum), and he sees the unbelievers as infidels laughing out loud

What my post says is that i am content with the fact that members of this forum who have gained my respect and the respect of many others on this forum for various reasons make up the majority of those i count enlightened on the phoenix concept. I cant hope to have every single person share my views on the concept. That would require far too much effort on my part, effort im neither willing or feel necessary to invest in this forum. Everyone has a right to voice their opinions however some posters views can be marred and lack objectivity due to numerous defeats at the hands of fellow posters, or an inability to put aside personal feelings for the sake of debate. Oh well. Thats why im glad to count the tried and tested amongst those ive enlightened. smile

Whirlysplatt
What my post says is that i am content with the fact that members of this forum who have gained my respect and the respect of many others on this forum for various reasons make up the majority of those i count enlightened on the phoenix concept. I cant hope to have every single person share my views on the concept. That would require far too much effort on my part, effort im neither willing or feel necessary to invest in this forum. Everyone has a right to voice their opinions however some posters views can be marred and lack objectivity due to numerous defeats at the hands of fellow posters, or an inability to put aside personal feelings for the sake of debate. Oh well. Thats why im glad to count the tried and tested amongst those ive enlightened. smile

you see debates about winning and losing confused

GalacticStorm
Id be careful with the name dropping if i was you. You'll only look rather silly in the end.

Whirlysplatt
Id be careful with the name dropping if i was you. You'll only look rather silly in the end.

name dropping, whose name have I dropped, you are the one that worries about what people think. Look silly on a comic forum confused

GalacticStorm
you see debates about winning and losing confused

They most certainly are. Since ive joined phoenix has come off significantly better in debates. Some members agree totally with what i say, for some the concept has been elevated to LT status and thats just fine with me. Im rather pleased with that accomplishment, which is why i can afford to be quite complacent and let the odd phoenix thread slide by. Members who have proven themselves, members widely respected here have been enlightened. Thats a great feeling. I wish you could share it. eek!

Whirlysplatt

please enlighten us all about these people you have "defeated" GS smile

GalacticStorm
name dropping, whose name have I dropped, you are the one that worries about what people think. Look silly on a comic forum confused

Lets just say that phoenixes status on this forum is alot more secure than you'd wish to believe. Despite your best efforts. sad

Make a few more threads test it out. See who replies. So far ive seen only past victims or the newly registered. Hence my complacency big grin

Whirlysplatt
Lets just say that phoenixes status on this forum is alot more secure than you'd wish to believe. Despite your best efforts. sad

Make a few more threads test it out. See who replies. So far ive seen only past victims or the newly registered. Hence my complacency big grin

Interesting outlook smile

Richrf
HEy GS , before you retire from phoneix worshipping could you at least do this one?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-363228

I mentioned all the PF feats, but this morpheus guy is even above TOAA!
Please show them the error of their ways.

Whirlysplatt
Interesting outlook smile

I decided to examine GS's "interesting outlook" here

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f43/t365165.html

GalacticStorm
I decided to examine GS's "interesting outlook" here

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f43/t365165.html

Thanks for the attention. What was the conclusion?

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Richrf
HEy GS , before you retire from phoneix worshipping could you at least do this one?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-363228

I mentioned all the PF feats, but this morpheus guy is even above TOAA!
Please show them the error of their ways.

In Marvel nothing is above the supreme being. Morpheus is from DC.

Whirlysplatt
Thanks for the attention. What was the conclusion?

I think the thread and responses therein speak volumes for themselves smile

GalacticStorm
I think the thread and responses therein speak volumes for themselves smile

Cool big grin

Whirlysplatt
Cool big grin

Yup indeed "girl" laughing out loud

GalacticStorm
Yup indeed "girl" laughing out loud

Thats cool to. Just a private joke between me and my good friend CM no biggie wink

Whirlysplatt
Thats cool to. Just a private joke between me and my good friend CM no biggie wink

CM has lots of private jokes smile

GalacticStorm
CM has lots of private jokes smile

He does indeed. wink

Whirlysplatt
He does indeed. wink

He also likes to talk on instant messenger wink

GalacticStorm
He also likes to talk on instant messenger wink

You dont know the half of it. smile laughing

Whirlysplatt
You dont know the half of it. smile laughing

No I know thE half of it, you don't know the other half big grin

GalacticStorm
No I know thE half of it, you don't know the other half big grin

Or so you'd like to believe sad

I guess its just easier to relate to ones own age group wink

Whirlysplatt
Or so you'd like to believe sad

I guess its just easier to relate to ones own age group wink

You'd be suprised GS a lot on here are my age group, probably more than you think.

But yes you like to talk about me on im I am aware of thatbig grin

GalacticStorm
You'd be suprised GS a lot on here are my age group, probably more than you think.

But yes you like to talk about me on im I am aware of thatbig grin

I certainly dont object to it wink

However as aforementioned ive said nothing different through IM than i have on threads so whats the relevance? big grin

Whirlysplatt
I certainly dont object to it wink

However as aforementioned ive said nothing different through IM than i have on threads so whats the relevance? big grin

I'm glad i'm such a subject of conversation to you fishy smile

I never mention you or anyone else except in reply, interesting how much I mEan to you big grin

GalacticStorm
I'm glad i'm such a subject of conversation to you fishy smile

I never mention you or anyone else except in reply, interesting how much I mEan to you big grin

You really dont occupy as much of my time as you'd like to or have been lead to believe. When asked about you i refer to you however nothing ive said via IM is different to what has been said on thread. So whats the problem? I really have nothing to hide or be ashamed of so i leave it at that. smokin'

Whirlysplatt
You really dont occupy as much of my time as you'd like to or have been lead to believe. When asked about you i refer to you however nothing ive said via IM is different to what has been said on thread. So whats the problem? I really have nothing to hide or be ashamed of so i leave it at that. smokin'

then why bother anyway, the fact you have done speaks volumes fishy big grin

Guess I did know the half of itbig grin

Keep the faith smile

Stay Whirly rock

GalacticStorm
then why bother anyway, the fact you have done speaks volumes fishy big grin

Guess I did know the half of itbig grin

Keep the faith smile

Stay Whirly rock

Why not bother to say anything. Surely that can be taken as a sign of guilt. Its all down to interpretation old chap. wink

I now know what you know and "the half of it" is wishful thinking on your part thankfully. eek!

Richrf
In Marvel nothing is above the supreme being. Morpheus is from DC.

Does that mean the supreme being in DC can be below Morpheus?

According to you the 2 supreme beings in DC and marvel are the same, so does it mean Morpherus is above the PF?

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Richrf
Does that mean the supreme being in DC can be below Morpheus?

According to you the 2 supreme beings in DC and marvel are the same, so does it mean Morpherus is above the PF?

In your original statement you said that Morpheus was beyond TOAA i went on to inform you both that In Marvel nothing is beyond TOAA and that Morpheus is a DC character so what you said didnt make sense.

For the purpose of crossovers however TOAA and the Presence would either be one and the same or different aspects of one omniversal supreme being who manifests differently in the different multiverses. For example in a crossover the Phoenix Force was represented as The Source in DC.

Paola
get on topic, guys...

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Paola
get on topic, guys...

So anyway back to topic, the Authorities ship is powered by a contained baby universe, the people in higher dimensions make these, they do this all the time and they don't have the Phoenix force laughing out loud

apples and oranges

GalacticStorm
So anyway back to topic, the Authorities ship is powered by a contained baby universe, the people in higher dimensions make these, they do this all the time and they don't have the Phoenix force laughing out loud

apples and oranges

grow up old man. yawn laughing out loud

Whirlysplatt

No explanationsmile

I see smile

GalacticStorm
No explanationsmile

I see smile

For what? A flopped baiting attempt? roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing out loud

Whirlysplatt
For what? A flopped baiting attempt? roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing out loud

Its not really baiting to state that the higher dimensions can easily make universes and repair them and even use them as a power source.

GalacticStorm
Its not really baiting to state that the higher dimensions can easily make universes and repair them and even use them as a power source.

So whats your point? Ive seen heralds with comparable feats to Uatu but does that mean SS is on the same level as the Watcher? roll eyes (sarcastic)

I dont believe it does sir eek!

Whirlysplatt
So whats your point? Ive seen heralds with comparable feats to Uatu but does that mean SS is on the same level as the Watcher? roll eyes (sarcastic)

So you agree lots of beings can make and repair universes then smile

yahman

I read this great book (Other Worlds) and it had a chapter referring to this exact concept, E.G. was the universe created by Angels (or higher level beings)

Whirlysplatt

So you agree many beings can make and repair universes?

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by yahman
I read this great book (Other Worlds) and it had a chapter referring to this exact concept, E.G. was the universe created by Angels (or higher level beings)

Indeed - In A great deal of higher D physics this is postulated, no need for a multiversal force when you have higher D space smile

yahman
Indeed - In A great deal of higher D physics this is postulated, no need for a multiversal force when you have higher D space smile

What i don't understand is how you can do stuff such manipulate matter and defy gravity and so fourth. In the case of creating a universe all you need is a enormous amount of matter/energy and then something to focus it onto a an unimaginably small area (yeah real easy)

Whirlysplatt
What i don't understand is how you can do stuff such manipulate matter and defy gravity and so fourth. In the case of creating a universe all you need is a enormous amount of matter/energy and then something to focus it onto a an unimaginably small area (yeah real easy)

exactly Phoenix biggest trick is really not that big, hell, time trapper did it, this is why Jenny F and Q are potentially a hell of a lot more powerfull as they work on probabilities smile

GalacticStorm
exactly Phoenix biggest trick is really not that big, hell, time trapper did it, this is why Jenny F and Q are potentially a hell of a lot more powerfull as they work on probabilities smile

yawn let it go mate

Find a more productive way to focus that bitterness laughing out loud

yahman
yawn let it go mate

Find a more productive way to focus that bitterness laughing out loud

Hipocracy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smile

GalacticStorm

Dont get involved mate trust me wink

yahman
Dont get involved mate trust me wink

Didn't see that one coming... by the way i am a pound richer as i betmy brother what your next reply would be.

" let it go mate

Find a more productive way to focus that bitterness "

G.S. if you really meant this you wouldn't have posted it in your reply.

Whirlysplatt

I think it is smile

Oh well I guess Jenny wins smile

beaten by a 5 year old smile

GalacticStorm
Didn't see that one coming... by the way i am a pound richer as i betmy brother what your next reply would be.

" let it go mate

Find a more productive way to focus that bitterness "

G.S. if you really meant this you wouldn't have posted it in your reply.

Says you. Me im just amused by the proceedings.

Please continue laughing out loud

GalacticStorm
I think it is smile

Oh well I guess Jenny wins smile

beaten by a 5 year old smile

Oh look still appropriate:

laughing out loud

Whirlysplatt
Says you. Me im just amused by the proceedings.

Please continue laughing out loud

me to all this personal abuse a small number of people heap and all these other people who like me get on with the threads as if nothing has happened because really nothing has. Beyond people leaving a forum and getting upset which happens on here all the time. Now back to the thread smile

Jenny wins I guess as no one argues she does not smile

yahman
me to all this personal abuse a small number of people heap and all these other people who like me get on with the threads as if nothing has happened because really nothing has. Beyond people leaving a forum and getting upset which happens on here all the time. Now back to the thread smile

Sorry..... last time i stick up for you !!!!!!!!!!! stick out tongue smile

GalacticStorm

roll eyes (sarcastic) :

I think at the moment Jenny as a 5 year old child would not beat Phoenix. smile

Hmmmmmm confused

I wonder what could have happened between these two posts to result in such a u-turn? laughing

This is ridiculous. GS posts so Whirly bumps up a Phoenix thread and joins the opposition. roll eyes (sarcastic) embarrasment

Whirlysplatt
Sorry..... last time i stick up for you !!!!!!!!!!! stick out tongue smile

please all this sticking up is half the problem but thanks everyone who has ime'd me in support I asked to say nothing and just get on eith the forum. I will take anyone on who is personal by rising above it, actions speak louder than words.

Anyway back to topicsmile

Jenny still wins no argument against it and people have taken to doctoring my posts laughing out loud

GalacticStorm
please all this sticking up is half the problem but thanks everyone who has ime'd me in support I asked to say nothing and just get on eith the forum. I will take anyone on who is personal by rising above it, actions speak louder than words.

Jenny still wins no argument against it and people have taken to doctoring my posts laughing out loud

Doctoring? Anyone can see your comments by taking a peek at page one.

trying to take the moral high ground are we? Getting on with it yeah? I really do wonder what could have happened to result in such a U-turn. laughing out loud

Whirlysplatt
roll eyes (sarcastic) :

Hmmmmmm confused

I wonder what could have happened between these two posts to result in such a u-turn? laughing

This is ridiculous. GS posts so Whirly bumps up a Phoenix thread and joins the opposition. roll eyes (sarcastic) embarrasment

I realised the baby universe was the key to proving Phoenix power was nothing special smile between those posts smile

yahman

ok you took that a bit seriously ? confused

Thats it im leaving !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smile stick out tongue

Whirlysplatt
ok you took that a bit seriously ? confused

Thats it im leaving !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smile stick out tongue

laughing out loud Please don't go laughing out loud please laughing

smile He didn't Doctor my post laughing out loud I forgot I said that smile

yahman

oooohhhhhhhh cold sad

GalacticStorm

Forgot? Yeah sure you did mate wink

So what does the Authorities ship being powered by the energies of a universe have anything to do with Jenny beating Rachel?

If Jenny has displayed power levels in excess of full powered Galactus level (which i believe Rachel as a mere host is around) then sure she beats her. No biggie smile

Whirlysplatt
oooohhhhhhhh cold sad

stick out tongue

yahman
Forgot? Yeah sure you did mate wink

So what does the Authorities ship being powered by the energies of a universe have anything to do with Jenny beating Rachel?

If Jenny has displayed power levels in excess of full powered Galactus level (which i believe Rachel as a mere host is around) then sure she beats her. No biggie smile

What is the phoenix's greatest feat ? I do have a point, bare with me smile

Whirlysplatt
What is the phoenix's greatest feat ? I do have a point, bare with me smile

I can guess your point shifty

yahman
I can guess your point shifty

Its the one you have had an inability to make wink (well i understood ya)

U had your chance wink smile

Whirlysplatt

Please be my guest, I wanted people to realise it by themselves so we could all have a damn good laugh at the power of the "white crown". I doubt GS will reply I think he can guess the jig is up smile

yahman
Please be my guest, I wanted people to realise it by themselves so we could all have a damn good laugh at the power of the "white crown". I doubt GS will reply I think he can guess the jig is up smile

'White crown' laughing laughing

'T.K. Godhood.' laughing laughing

GalacticStorm

On panel(as opposed to dialogue and captions) id say containing the power of the M'kraan crystal

Whirlysplatt
'White crown' laughing laughing

'T.K. Godhood.' laughing laughing

laughing indeed laughing

Whirlysplatt
On panel(as opposed to dialogue and captions) id say containing the power of the M'kraan crystal

The carrier has a baby universe behind plexi glass smile

yahman

It sounds like higher D tech to me. smile

Whirlysplatt
It sounds like higher D tech to me. smile

indeed smile

Whirlysplatt

Jenny sleeps in its energy smile

GalacticStorm
yawn Nite nite boys

Good attempt laughing out loud

Whirlysplatt
yawn Nite nite boys

Good attempt laughing out loud

No argument or essay smile

- Jenny Wins

- end

Keep the faith smile

Stay Whirly rock

GalacticStorm
No argument or essay smile

- Jenny Wins

- end

Keep the faith smile

Stay Whirly rock

Awwwww i guess its no fun when i cant be baited huh? sad smile big grin

Whirlysplatt
Awwwww i guess its no fun when i cant be baited huh? sad smile big grin

Its not about baiting smile

Jenny wins smile

Thats fun smile

GalacticStorm
Its not about baiting smile

Jenny wins smile

Uh-huh roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing out loud

Whirlysplatt
Uh-huh roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing out loud

laughing well thats the Phoenix myth blown sad sad really

GalacticStorm
laughing well thats the Phoenix myth blown sad sad really

smokin' wink

yahman

Make them yes smile Repair them no smile

Whirlysplatt
Make them yes smile Repair them no smile

I disgree if its a 3D universe then a 5 D being is looking at a 2D object in our frame of reference I think sticky tape usually works smile

yahman
I disgree if its a 3D universe then a 5 D being is looking at a 2D object in our frame of reference I think sticky tape usually works smile

It depends on what you mean by reapir ? Im sure the flat landers wouldn't appreciate being taped over. smile

GalacticStorm

Mere speculation eek!

When you have come up with a credible counter. I'll happily debate. Until then ciao smile

Whirlysplatt
It depends on what you mean by reapir ? Im sure the flat landers wouldn't appreciate being taped over. smile

ah the tape is 5D tape it can be put wherever its needed with absolute precision and cut as finely as needed smile Its obviously a mathematical metaphor my friend. Its like you asked about levitaion a 5D insertion point would only work at that point. smile

newjak86
What my post says is that i am content with the fact that members of this forum who have gained my respect and the respect of many others on this forum for various reasons make up the majority of those i count enlightened on the phoenix concept. I cant hope to have every single person share my views on the concept. That would require far too much effort on my part, effort im neither willing or feel necessary to invest in this forum. Everyone has a right to voice their opinions however some posters views can be marred and lack objectivity due to numerous defeats at the hands of fellow posters, or an inability to put aside personal feelings for the sake of debate. Oh well. Thats why im glad to count the tried and tested amongst those ive enlightened. smile Just wondering if I'm one of the enlightened people here GS.

Whirlysplatt
Mere speculation eek!

When you have come up with a credible counter. I'll happily debate. Until then ciao smile

Counter to what smile Its not speculation its the simplest explanation I can give without trying to explain the formula behind it.

Speculation no Maths yes

your idea of the DC Godhead definately has less basis

yahman
ah the tape is 5D tape it can be put wherever its needed with absolute precision and cut as finely as needed smile Its obviously a mathematical metaphor my friend. Its like you asked about levitaion a 5D insertion point would only work at that point. smile

What if fundalemental forces felt on a 2D dimensional level where changed, how would one go about reapairing that ? Lets forget about it being paper and remeber we are talking about space time big grin smile

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by newjak86
Just wondering if I'm one of the enlightened people here GS.

I havent debated with you for a little while NJ so i cant remember exactly how much you know on the phoenix concept so i really couldnt say.

I do miss those transformer threads though. Because of you im now enlightened on transformers wink

Whirlysplatt
What if fundalemental forces felt on a 2D dimensional level where changed, how would one go about reapairing that ? Lets forget about it being paper and remeber we are talking about space time big grin smile

To a higher D being it is like paper, but the answer is we don't know. We just think that because they would be able to look under, over, inside, outside, up down etc all at once seeing how everything fits together and what its made of would be like childs play to them. smile

newjak86
I havent debated with you for a little while NJ so i cant remember exactly how much you know on the phoenix concept so i really couldnt say.

I do miss those transformer threads though. Because of you im now enlightened on transformers wink Oh yeah the Unicron thread

yahman
To a higher D being it is like paper, but the answer is we don't know. We just think that because they would be able to look under, over, inside, outside, up down etc all at once seeing how everything fits together and what its made of would be like childs play to them. smile

I disagree. Space to a 2D object is space for a 3D object. And yet we still have no idea how to manipulate it. smile

leonheartmm
What my post says is that i am content with the fact that members of this forum who have gained my respect and the respect of many others on this forum for various reasons make up the majority of those i count enlightened on the phoenix concept. I cant hope to have every single person share my views on the concept. That would require far too much effort on my part, effort im neither willing or feel necessary to invest in this forum. Everyone has a right to voice their opinions however some posters views can be marred and lack objectivity due to numerous defeats at the hands of fellow posters, or an inability to put aside personal feelings for the sake of debate. Oh well. Thats why im glad to count the tried and tested amongst those ive enlightened.

THAT IS BY FAR THE SINGLE MOST VAIN, IGNORANT, AROGANT, AND STUPID THING I HAVE EVER HEARD A HUMAN SAY IN ALL MY TIME ON EARTH. {btw im startin to believe that GS thinks of himself as some kind of holy messiah of the pheonix or sumthin}

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by leonheartmm
What my post says is that i am content with the fact that members of this forum who have gained my respect and the respect of many others on this forum for various reasons make up the majority of those i count enlightened on the phoenix concept. I cant hope to have every single person share my views on the concept. That would require far too much effort on my part, effort im neither willing or feel necessary to invest in this forum. Everyone has a right to voice their opinions however some posters views can be marred and lack objectivity due to numerous defeats at the hands of fellow posters, or an inability to put aside personal feelings for the sake of debate. Oh well. Thats why im glad to count the tried and tested amongst those ive enlightened.

THAT IS BY FAR THE SINGLE MOST VAIN, IGNORANT, AROGANT, AND STUPID THING I HAVE EVER HEARD A HUMAN SAY IN ALL MY TIME ON EARTH. {btw im startin to believe that GS thinks of himself as some kind of holy messiah of the pheonix or sumthin}

Go to bed Leon. roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing out loud

yahman

Yes.... im afraid you may hurt yourself sad

Whirlysplatt
I disagree. Space to a 2D object is space for a 3D object. And yet we still have no idea how to manipulate it. smile

It is because we are inside Space they would be outside and inside at once. This is the problem with higher D you have to get your head round the idea everything in 3D is simplified to a higher dimension. Its weird but how it is

Whirlysplatt

GS why do you want Leon to go to bed?

GalacticStorm
GS why do you want Leon to go to bed?

Ive had enough of his childish outbursts. I really think its the best place for him right now. rolling on floor laughing

yahman
It is because we are inside Space they would be outside and inside at once. This is the problem with higher D you have to get your head round the idea everything in 3D is simplified to a higher dimension. Its weird but how it is

OK going back to the 2D sheet of paper, what if the paper was the size of the universe and was always expanding, and the bit that needed repairing was on the other side, you would never be able to get to it, therefore it is un repairable. smile

Whirlysplatt
Ive had enough of his childish outbursts. I really think its the best place for him right now. rolling on floor laughing

surely he is entitled to his opinion on the arrogance of a post where anyone who disagrees with you, has implied ignorance and lack of respect.

leonheartmm

dont worry whirly, its just his daily attack of sever child scitzophrenia, makes him feal like hes the daddy an im the kid, although if this keeps up, i just might have to revert to the old electric shock therapy, seemed to work wonders for him but unfortunately, became the cause of his later manifested impotency.

Whirlysplatt
OK going back to the 2D sheet of paper, what if the paper was the size of the universe and was always expanding, and the bit that needed repairing was on the other side, you would never be able to get to it, therefore it is un repairable. smile thats the other thing Yahman buddy you are talking about sides etc and thinking in 2 D a higher d being can be everywhere at once because he is actually outside the lower dimension, even if he is inside it, crazy stuff smile

GalacticStorm
surely he is entitled to his opinion on the arrogance of a post where anyone who disagrees with you, has implied ignorance and lack of respect.

Sure he's entitled to his opinion, its just execution thats a bit iffy if not outright disturbing confused rolling on floor laughing

GalacticStorm
dont worry whirly, its just his daily attack of sever child scitzophrenia, makes him feal like hes the daddy an im the kid, although if this keeps up, i just might have to revert to the old electric shock therapy, seemed to work wonders for him but unfortunately, became the cause of his later manifested impotency.

yawn the timings just not there mate. Leave the humour to us grown folks yeah? wink

leonheartmm
yawn the timings just not there mate. Leave the humour to us grown folks yeah? wink

i guess being impotent wasnt enough, now u pan on losin ur genitals altogether, oh well com on son, whats gotta be dones gotta be done.

GalacticStorm
i guess being impotent wasnt enough, now u pan on losin ur genitals altogether, oh well com on son, whats gotta be dones gotta be done.

Ummmm well that was just errrr great Leon confused embarrasment

yahman
thats the other thing Yahman buddy you are talking about sides etc and thinking in 2 D a higher d being can be everywhere at once because he is actually outside the lower dimension, even if he is inside it, crazy stuff smile

And yet the principle doesn't apply to us although we are Higher dimensional beings (compared to the 2D flatlanders)

yahman

Whatever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wink

GalacticStorm
And yet the principle doesn't apply to us although we are Higher dimensional beings (compared to the 2D flatlanders)

Oh my god. Its like the same person arguing with themselves. You two are so alike. I dont know about that drink now. Im not sure i could hack the both of you together eek!

GalacticStorm

Oh no you never b*tch!! mad wink

Whirlysplatt

ah but it would if it was true two D paper has a 3rd dimension as do all things in this universe smile even if the 3D is almost 0 it is above 0 so 2 D does not work.

yahman
Oh no you never b*tch!! mad wink

That isn't what i was implying smile

Whirlysplatt

indeed smile

yahman
ah but it would if it was true two D paper has a 3rd dimension as do all things in this universe smile even if the 3D is almost 0 it is above 0 so 2 D does not work.

ohhh embarrasment Are you sure ?

Whirlysplatt
ohhh embarrasment Are you sure ?

yes this is a 3 D universe atoms have 3 Dimensions as do strings smile

yahman
yes this is a 3 D universe atoms have 3 Dimensions as do strings smile

Yess I know mad but i mean is the problem solved if one had a true 2D example ?

I can't imagine it but ... Im not supposed to.

So in another words with a bit of Tech and a Higher D perspective + the ability to use the Higher D'S, u can do anything. ?

smile
What about manipulating the really small ?

Whirlysplatt
Yess I know mad but i mean is the problem solved if one had a true 2D example ?

I can't imagine it but ... Im not supposed to.

So in another words with a bit of Tech and a Higher D perspective + the ability to use the Higher D'S, u can do anything. ?

smile
What about manipulating the really small ?

yup wouldn't be a problem

yahman
yup wouldn't be a problem

How ????????

Whirlysplatt
How ????????

we are getting pretty good at it without extra D tech now nano motors etc - extrapolate smile

yahman
we are getting pretty good at it without extra D tech now nano motors etc - extrapolate smile

Agreed. Im off to bed... Say hello to the missus for me shifty (nah only joking) have a good ?

Until next time sleeping

Whirlysplatt
Agreed. Im off to bed... Say hello to the missus for me shifty (nah only joking) have a good ?

Until next time sleeping

sleep well mate smile

Whirlysplatt
Cosmic bump

yahman
Who is jennny ? smile

Whirlysplatt
She is the twin of Jenny Quantum - Jenny Fractal is kind of dead now - they are the spirit of the 21st century - Its the Authority smile

yahman
She is the twin of Jenny Quantum - Jenny Fractal is kind of dead now - they are the spirit of the 21st century - Its the Authority smile

Powers ?

Have you read the newest edition of Supreme power E.G. Hyperions mini.

There is a chick who can use the many worlds theory to create whatever reality she wants. smile

Whirlysplatt
Powers ?

Have you read the newest edition of Supreme power E.G. Hyperions mini.

There is a chick who can use the many worlds theory to create whatever reality she wants. smile
I have got to collect it from orbital comics its waiting for me

Jenny basically can do whatever she wants to all realities.

yahman
I have got to collect it from orbital comics its waiting for me

Jenny basically can do whatever she wants to all realities.

Something to do with quatum mechanics ?

They are sound people at orbital..... Infact i should really hold you responsible for spending so much money on comics recently. smile

Whirlysplatt
Something to do with quatum mechanics ?

They are sound people at orbital..... Infact i should really hold you responsible for spending so much money on comics recently. smile
Yes fractals are part of chaos theory, Jenny Q is a walking uncertainty principle as is Jeeny F - although they are more like universal field theories.

yahman
Yes fractals are part of chaos theory, Jenny Q is a walking uncertainty principle as is Jeeny F - although they are more like universal field theories.

what happened to jgggg? sad

Whirlysplatt
what happened to jgggg? sad

Nothing my friend I post it with this interesting bit of information.

taken from another forum 2004 smile

Thoughts

in the interest of the poster's self-glorification, of course
>
>
> -Jean Grey, the mutant Yogi:
>
> OK, since this is, after all, a superhero comic, what follows may seem out of place. But don't underestimate Morrison's own pretentiousness
>
> In the last issue of the run, Cassandra says that "according to my Shi'ar files, the Phoenix consciousness accesses its host through the Chakra placed at the crown of the head" or something to that effect (I don't have the issues handy so I'm quoting from memory). This throwaway line is Morrison's main contribution to clearing up the Phoenix continuity.
>
> Chakra is the Sanskrit work for circular motion. According to Tantrism, a chakra is a spherical energy centre affected by everything around us. In Hindu Tantrism there are seven main chakras, while in Buddhist Tantrism there are five, all arrayed along the vertebral column. The chakras are supposed to be the points from which the "ethereal" vital energy of the astral body flows (the astral body, that trope from classic Marvel which Dr. Strange, Xavier and even Magneto are so keen to switch into).
>
> The chakra of the crown (top of the head) is called Sahasrara, and it resonates with the energy of wisdom, insight, and TRUTH. It is also referred to as "the many-petalled lotus".
>
> Tantrism tries to "open" the chakras, by making the passive, "earthly" energy situated at the lowest chakra (represented by the snake Kundalini) clamber up the spine. The hardest one to open is of course the uppermost one, the lotus. Jean's mutation, which would allow her to tap into the/a Phoenix entity, is that her chakras are open. That's "the mind over matter" thingy she herself identifies with telekinesis (when she addresses the U-men while stopping their onslaught against the X-mansion).
>
> For more superheroines with chakra-derived powers, see Multi-girl from Alan Moore's "Top 10". Or the issue from Moore's "Promethea" where Promethea has tantric sex with her magical mentor Jack Faust.
>
> (That mister Morrison tends to get so jerky when he refers to Moore's work may have to do with the fact that they are natural competitors, being interested in the same stuff and such. Moore's writing is better IMO, more human and accessible).
>
> So Jeannie has ultimate enlightenment built into her genome. That's why it's probably deliberate that Morrison writes her as "angelic"*. When the Phoenix appears, she waltzes around as an avenging angel, uncompromisingly truthful. That's all she tells Bishop during "Murder", and that's all she does when she interrupts Emma's psychic romp with Cyke. she peels away all the layers of armour and lies of the ice queen, revealing her flaws and therefore redeeming her: Emma admits that she's shallow, manipulative, and that she's in love. The execution is less than ideal and Emma remains pretty faithful to her bitchy self after that, but I find the concept is kinda touching.
>
> (* "seraphic", to be more specific. Seraphs are referred to as the most exalted angels of all, fiery spirits often depicted around the crowned Godhead. Since the serried ranks of Phoenixes (Phoenices?) from the last issue look a lot like a heavenly host of sorts, the "white Phoenix of the crown" thing may be a play on words).
>
> Once the Phoenix connects with her, Jean practically becomes the only diamond without flaws, the one character without doubts or fears. Jean White, as it is. Even when Mags bumps her off, the Phoenix remains "invictus". That's not too "relatable", but since in Morrison's run mutation/change is synonymous with conflict, I suppose he needed to place a character above the din of the struggle. You have to wrap up your run, you know.
>
> (BTW, Quentin turns/taps indeed into a Phoenix-like entity when he dies, feeding off the "humus" left in the wake of Kick overindulgence. That's why Xorn says "a flower of light is opening in your head". He could have said "a lotus of light" too).
>
> -Why the run feels so disjointed:
>
> OK, she's not supposed to be omniscient, and yet, if Jean is so swell, how come she does not uncover Sublime's little scam with her searing glance? The fact is that Morrison seems to realize his ominous wild card is too big for the stories he's telling, specially after "Imperial". The result is that Jean gets really little time on camera. That cheapens the love triangle with Scott and Emma.
>
> And that's the problem with the run seen as a whole. The motive of "thinking outside the box" is central in the stories, and yet, when taken to its logical extreme, leads (as a dying, transfigured Quentin says) to "rooms that are larger than the world". That's fine and dandy in another context (the Invisibles, for example), but it does not gel all too well with X-corp, murder mysteries and restive teenagers. For the sake of closure, Morrison drops the ball on the motives he has established early on and shortchanges the reader by enacting a cosmic endgame where everybody discards their masks and very additional depth is gained in exchange.
>
> (As for the cosmic endgame: the idea of Jean as deluded servant of the Beast and victorious Phoenix resembles Promethea's double role as Babylonian whore and angel of Judgement Day. Again, Moore and Morrison share the same niche).
>
> There's no real crescendo leading up to the apocalyptic finale. Morrison wastes his biggest shot at the beginning, with Genosha's destruction*. The dissonance that is "Planet X" does not elicit a sense of foreboding or resolution, only of restlessness, and any dramatic effect it aims for is tarnished by indulgent parody and the shoddiness of "Assault on weapon plus".
>
> (*The giant sentinels are a variation of the hoary old motive of machine development outstripping biological evolution. Perhaps because it is regarded as "vulgar", the idea is only dealt with cursorily afterwards, in the form of nano-sentinels, E.V.A. etc.)
>
> -Diamonds are forever?
>
> I end up feeling that Morrison's run is, well, quite flawed. But it does shine at places, and it has piqued my interest in a franchise I'd always found too commercial and convoluted. Cassaday on art OTOH is 90% of an automatic purchase for me, so I'll be checking out "astonishing".

That was excellent, lurker. See, one of the biggest problems I've had with Morrison's run isn't Morrison, but his fanatic followers "interpreting" Morrison in the X-books, pulling nonsense out of their rear-ends, *oh, Grant means this,* and *Grant believes in this,so it must equal that*. Morrison DID have some symbolic content, as you so expertly point out, and he did have some shining moments, and he did put together some interesting ideas, but I'd say 50% of what his followers are claiming is some great multi-layered "meta-text" is BS. Or, rather, a lot of what Morrison apparently started to portray and tried to make multi-layered, didn't work, for many of the reasons you outline above.

Your analysis of how Morrison tripped himself up in "Planet X" for example, according to what I've heard, is right on the money. I would only add that there was a measure of "shoddiness" about "Planet X" as well, and blaming everything on Kick/Sublime doesn't solve the problem.

What you outline is exactly what I have to give MOrrison credit for. His use of the Chakras, his use of Biblical symoblism. Give Claremont credit for introducing the Phoenix as fiery angel and Tiphereth of the Sephiroth (and the solar plexus chakra). Morrison botched the connection to the kabbalah, and I really laugh when I read fans trying to piece that one together. As you say, Moore did a much more exact, careful, and insightful job of merging the paths of the tree of life, the ladies of the major arcana, and the chakras. In other words, when Morrison gives some thought and time to the symmetry and synchronicity of his symbols and meanings in his stories, he's good. WHen he makes a half-assed effort, or makes a superficial attempt to throw symbols together, putting plot and character second, he falls flat on his face. In my opinion, of course.

Several other forums went throuoght the same stuff

Keep the faith its spelt Kabbalah

Stay Whirly

lots of essayists out there some are better than others.

Some other forums I belong to shred the Kabbalah link even more - I look forward to posting them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.