does not sidous and vader sense obi and yoda?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

commander gree
cant sidious and vader sense yoda and obi? they are the almost strongest sith ever its just wierd!

Darth_Nefarus
Palpatine is arrogatn enough to think they are dead, but I think Vader knew Obi-Wan was alive somewhere

Dimmimar
Originally posted by commander gree
cant sidious and vader sense yoda and obi? they are the almost strongest sith ever its just wierd!

That statement is extremely debatable. But anyway.

Sidious probably forgot about Yoda. Although he does say to the Clone Commander in E3 about how if they can't find his body, then Yoda is still alive. I can't seem to work this one out.

As for Obi-Wan, I think Vader must have at least harboured doubts about Obi-Wan being dead.

commander gree
thanks for posting big grin

chinabing
I think Vader knew Obi-Wan was alive and waiting around for a second chance. Sometime there would be a time for the circle to be complete.

I assume Vader told the Emperor that Obi-wan got away, it would be pretty obvious actually. Especially when the emperor's shuttle was arriving so soon after their big battle.

The next time Obi-Wan appeared he was on the Death Star and Tarkin told Vader he must not be allowed to escape. So Vader knew Obi-Wan would come back someday.

Ushgarak
Everyone knew Obi-Wan wasn't accounted for- Tarkin thinks he must be dead 'by now', not that he was ever specifically killed.

But no, they can't just 'sense' them like that. This has never been something the Force can just 'do'- any more than it could find the Rebel's base.

Sir Mist
Originally posted by commander gree

Why do you think they went into exile?What the f**k?
Its not like their force ability is a homing beacon that can stretch across the galaxy, Vader can feel Obiwan on the Death Star, but he cant feel him on Tatooine..

DarkC
Jedi/Sith can't really remotely 'sense' others. They do feel disturbances and warnings of danger.

neo313
Sidious and Vader know that Yoda and Obi-Wan are alive, but it doesn't make much difference to them.

"Then he is not dead." (Sids last reference to Yoda)
The last time Anakin saw Obi-Wan, he was perfectly unharmed.

In their eyes, the Empire is invincible compared to a few straggling Jedi. And really, Yoda and Obi-Wan couldn't have made much difference without training Luke.

morgan01
tarkin also makes a reference to yoda the quote was something along the lines of "its father has fled the galaxy, you are all thats left of that ancient religion" i forget exactly how it goes. fact is sidous showed yoda he is not strong enough to defeat him.

DeVi| D0do
Yoda didn't exist when Lucas made ANH...

The line is: "Their fire has gone out of the universe. You, my friend, are all that's left of their religion."

Darth_Emodas
All the Jedi were unable to sense the evil in Palpatine until it was too late. Jedi/Sith must have the ability to hide their force signature from the awareness of other force users.

DeVi| D0do
'Force signature'? What the f**k?

"The Dark Side of the Force is clouding their vision..." It's as simple as that...

Darth_Emodas
Originally posted by Darth_Emodas
All the Jedi were unable to sense the evil in Palpatine until it was too late. Jedi/Sith must have the ability to hide their force signature from the awareness of other force users.

Exactly, which supports what I said.

Stunrun
For Yoda, the dark cave on Dagobah "apparently" acted as a sheild, which makes him undetectable to the Sith - which is pretty lame methinksno expression

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by neo313
"Then he is not dead." (Sids last reference to Yoda)

That was Mas Amedda...the Chagrian Senate speaker not the human Sith Lord that recently became Emperor of the galaxy. What the f**k?

Darth Anubis
You are all wrong, Yoda retreats to Dagobah because because it has a high force signiture which will kinda hide Yoda's and it was one of many planets that were deleted wrong the Jedi archives like Kamino.

DeVi| D0do
No.

bilb
Originally posted by Darth Anubis
You are all wrong, Yoda retreats to Dagobah because because it has a high force signiture which will kinda hide Yoda's and it was one of many planets that were deleted wrong the Jedi archives like Kamino.

hysterical

omg laughing laughing laughing laughing

Darth_Nefarus
Actually something like this was posted before the movie came out. I believe GL claims that Sidious' connection to the darkside is so strong that he is as blind as Yoda was in the PT. He never was connected to the lightside, but Vader was.
That's how he immediately knows Obi-Wan is alive in ANH, and how Vader, not Sidious manages to sense Luke in ROTJ.
There was a lot more detail but this is the just of it.

Ushgarak
I think that was more to do with him walking within twenty feet of Obi-Wan, and Luke being his son.

Darth_Emodas
Originally posted by Darth_Nefarus
Actually something like this was posted before the movie came out. I believe GL claims that Sidious' connection to the darkside is so strong that he is as blind as Yoda was in the PT. He never was connected to the lightside, but Vader was.
That's how he immediately knows Obi-Wan is alive in ANH, and how Vader, not Sidious manages to sense Luke in ROTJ.
There was a lot more detail but this is the just of it.

This makes a lot of sense. Although I believe that Vader could sense Luke because it was his son.

As to Sidious not sensing Luke, he is still human. He successfully forsaw practically everything from before Episode I to late in Episode VI. He didn't see his own death for some reason. I believe it was because he was convinced Vader was completely evil, and he could not sense the lightside still dwelling in a small part of Vader.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.