Batman vs nightwing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lil pimp
I like both, but i like batman more but i still am going to go with nightwing for the fact that he is younger ,more athletic, and knows everything batman knows,So if they were in a fight for some reason who would win?

BB_hawk
Batman would win. Batman is just in his mid 30's and Nightwing is in his early 20's and Batman is stronger, faster, smarter and what make you think Nightwing is more athletic.

lil pimp
Well because in comic books he is thiner then batman which equals more athletics and nightwing was trained by batman himself so thats like a younger version of batman.Not only was he trained by batman but he was trained at a very young age.Im going for nightwing but im not saying he's going to beat batman up like nothing it would be one hell of a fight to me!

NoFate007
I would think Batman is stronger and more intelligent but Grayson is mor agile and can use his agility to his advantage.

sevenman
Batman having more muscle gives him the advantage. I hear that Nightwing can move faster because he is smaller but when he runs what gives him the strength to move his legs? His muscles. What do you think moves it? Your Ki? But some people on these forums take Dragonball too seriously....

Mainstream
Originally posted by sevenman
Batman having more muscle gives him the advantage. I hear that Nightwing can move faster because he is smaller but when he runs what gives him the strength to move his legs? His muscles. What do you think moves it? Your Ki? But some people on these forums take Dragonball too seriously....

indeed

JadeCat
I love Nightwing but I think that Batman would win. Batman kinda knows Nightwings moves so he would probably beat him.

Mainstream
I'd lean toward Batman wining this too...but I think it'd be cool if Nightwing won..."the student has finally suppassed the master" sort of thing. fight3

lil pimp
Originally posted by JadeCat
I love Nightwing but I think that Batman would win. Batman kinda knows Nightwings moves so he would probably beat him.

Not really cause nightwing has been solo for a while and probably learned some new things because in comics ive noticed he fights a little bit differently then when he was robin and he kows every thing batman knows!Also ill say hes faster becuase he doesnt have to drag a big ass cape!

lil pimp
i meant knows not kows!!!

wuTa
i wanna say nightwing would win just because he is one of my favorite superheroes, even more so than batman, but the fact is that batman has taken superman to his limits.....nuff said

willRules
Batman would win, simply because Batman taught Nightwing everything he knows, Bats has more advantages, However, oneday Nightwing WILL be better than Bats ever was..............

sevenman
Originally posted by wuTa
i wanna say nightwing would win just because he is one of my favorite superheroes, even more so than batman, but the fact is that batman has taken superman to his limits.....nuff said BATMAN IS STRONGER THAN SUPERMAN!!!!

lil pimp
Hell No i love batman but nobody is stronger then superman thats why he called superman because hes super!

sevenman
BLAH BLAH BLAH SUPERMAN SUCKS!!!!!

lil pimp
you must love to start shit!

sevenman
I AM BATMAN. I AM THE BEST SUPER HERO EVER. I AM BETTER THAN SUPERMAN AND NIGHTWING COMBINED.

Mainstream
Originally posted by sevenman
I AM BATMAN. I AM THE BEST SUPER HERO EVER. I AM BETTER THAN SUPERMAN AND NIGHTWING COMBINED.

stick out tongue

Bardock42
Batman would win...easily...Nightwing sdtated that too....

As for Superman being the Strongest...not quite there are many stronger than him....he'S just one of the most powerful heroes on Earth.

willRules
Originally posted by willRules
Batman would win, simply because Batman taught Nightwing everything he knows, Bats has more advantages, However, oneday Nightwing WILL be better than Bats ever was..............

Majestic_Lizard
OMIT

Majestic_Lizard
OMIT

Majestic_Lizard
I am going to break down this contest by looking at the abilities of the characters (held in consensus by the majority of the DC writers) and from that draw a conclusion of who would be the probable winner. I will do this by looking at (1) physical ability, (2) intelligence and cunning, and (3) proficiency in martial arts.

1) Physical ability:
In terms of agility, reflexes, stamina, and durability Batman and Nightwing are identical for all extents and purposes. Meaning roughly olympic athletes.

Batman is physically stronger, but also more massive as a result and therfor cannot cover distance as quickly as Nightwing. Batman's speed would be considered extremely athletic but not peak. Nightwings strength would be considered extremely athletic, but not peak.

As physical specimens the two are evenly matched. The advantage Batman has in strength is compensated for by Nightwing's increased speed and vice versa.

2) Intelligence and cunning.
Both characters are geniuses, while Batman's intellect is more extraordinary. However, there is not a great enough difference between their ability to tactically appraise a situation to really tell them apart in a physical fight.

Batman is smarter, but not smart enough to make a difference in a fight. Batman's greater intellect is only going to help him in a fight if he is dealing with an opponent who is slow-witted or average.

3) Proficiency in the martial arts.
Fighting ability. Here is the tie breaker. Batman is arguably the greatest hand to hand combatant in the DC universe. Batman is familiar with and experienced in virtually every fighting style known to man and had devised his own original style as well.

Nightwing is a superb pugilist who is proficient in numerous fighting styles and has great experience. He is so great a fighter that he has even bested opponents who have superhuman abilities. Even so, he is not quite Batman's equal and probably never will be.

After a long and vicious battle (possibly with grave injuries to both characters) BATMAN WILL WIN.

willRules
Originally posted by Majestic_Lizard
Even so, he is not quite Batman's equal and probably never will be.

i agree with everything you said except for this. i also think batman will win in a fight due to the fact he taught Nightwing, he is smarter, stronger, more intelligent, better gadgets and better fighting skills. S o Bats wins.

HOWEVER

Bats has said about both nightwing and robin, that they will both at some point be better than Batman ever was...........they are his heir's to the Bat shaped throne...............

Inspectah Deck
Batman would win cause he taught Nightwing all his stuff

botcherby
and likewise, Nightwing would win because Batman taught him all his stuff

have you seen some of those crazy manuveurs that Nightwing can do, Backflipping headspring kick kinda crazy, his athletic ability is beyond batman.

In the Knightsend arc, Nightwing fared a lot better than Bats against Az, but that was only bat's first encounter with Az... second time Az got owned by bats.

but anyway I would have to say that currently Batman would win, if they really went at it, Bruce would have the greater mental drive to CRUSH nightwing... but reading Outsiders, Nightwing is definatly becoming better and better (I hope he rejoins :P) and of course Dick is the heir to the throne and will surpass Batman... who knows it may even happen within the next few months?

(no#1 nightwing fan, and never read an issue)

Zarathustra
Well, Batman's one hell of a fighter and I doubt he really got around to teaching Nightwing "everything" he's learned because Batman goes out and fights every night, and he trains constantly. He's always improving himself, further developing his skills. At least I must assume he is, because any fighter worth his salt tries to do just that, and Batman's one of the best. When Batman ages a bit, and he's not in peak shape anymore, Dick will catch up for sure. Maybe even earlier. I am sure Nightwing is a far better crimefighter than Batman was at his age, however, because he has had the benefit of learning from the master, who had already developed the full list of vigilante tactics for him. He needed only to further refine them.
Anyway, in terms of hand to hand: Bats' got the edge. Nightwing is clearly the more agile of the two given his extensive training as an acrobat, but if it comes down to fisticuffs I don't realistically see that making any difference.

botcherby
Originally posted by Zarathustra
Well, Batman's one hell of a fighter and I doubt he really got around to teaching Nightwing "everything" he's learned because Batman goes out and fights every night, and he trains constantly. He's always improving himself, further developing his skills. At least I must assume he is, because any fighter worth his salt tries to do just that, and Batman's one of the best. When Batman ages a bit, and he's not in peak shape anymore, Dick will catch up for sure. Maybe even earlier. I am sure Nightwing is a far better crimefighter than Batman was at his age, however, because he has had the benefit of learning from the master, who had already developed the full list of vigilante tactics for him. He needed only to further refine them.
Anyway, in terms of hand to hand: Bats' got the edge. Nightwing is clearly the more agile of the two given his extensive training as an acrobat, but if it comes down to fisticuffs I don't realistically see that making any difference.

totally agree

Lucid Lui
Obviously Nightwing isn't Batman's equal just yet, but he is very damn close. One day he'll be all that Batman is and more...

botcherby
well due to the rumours circulating, Nightwing may not survive to surpass Batman... God forbid

SpyCspider
heheeh i'm one to believe Batman hasn't taught EVERYTHING that he knows to Dick.....so Bats will win because:

1) He's Batman so he always needs some sort of way to beat someone else (think JLA Tower of Babel), including his own apprentices.
2) Bat's learned from the best himself...while Nightwing learned directly and mostly from his mentor, rather than seeking out every master on earth. Someone correct me on this if I'm wrong.
3) Drive: Both saw their parents killed but Bats seemed transformed immediately after he saw them die. He became BATMAN inside the day his parents died. When Dick first joined, he was shown as a colorful, happy trickster kid. Even if he was very depressed about his parents' death, it didn't seem to motivate him to fight crime as much as Bruce's parents' death did. Batman's got more drive and demons inside of him pushing him to win.

willRules
Originally posted by botcherby
(no#1 nightwing fan, and never read an issue)

eek! me too. I think he is great but I have never read any of his comics...................

Tron
Originally posted by Majestic_Lizard
Nightwing is so great a fighter that he has even bested opponents who have superhuman abilities.

...cough... Deathstroke ...cough...

Juntai
Originally posted by Tron
...cough... Deathstroke ...cough... Recently in Nightwing's own series, Deathstroke dropped Nightwing in one kick.

Anyways, this battle is dumb Nightwing couldn't even hit Batman in Bruce Wayne murders. Then Bruce dropped him fast.

UltimateIronman
nightwings all the way! Favorite characters: 1:Ironman 2:Nightwing 3:Juggernaut 4messedpiderman and Wolverine

Etrigan
Well, I know I always do this, but it says in the official DCU guide that Nightwing is second only to Batman in fighting skills, detective skills, etc.

So Batman is better, even if it's just by a tiny bit. He would win, seeing as he actually taught Dick what he knows.

King KAM
Batman wins this one, easy, he can read nightwing like a book, and even if NW is more agile, agility doesnt make you faster or a better fighter, you can whail on people more agile than you all day, and bats will prove my theories correct when he beats NW like he owes him money.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.