Absorbing Man vs Green Lantern Kyle

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
CIS off for both.

Dizzle
Wait, does that mean Absorbing man may actually fight fairly smart? It's overkill time. Living green lantern constructs all the way.

Draco69
It would be a stalemate. Sure Absorbing Man can POSSIBLY absorb the green Oan energy and act as functional GL ring...however Kyle's ring can just absorb it back.

It all comes down to willpower and the knowledge to use it. Which is why Kyle will win.

long pig
When Absorbing man absorbed the nega and quantum bands, he wasn't able to be absorbed by the user.
And when he absorbed the power cosmic, Surfer didn't absorb him or control him either.

AM will be zipping around at light speed as soon as he touches the energy, like he did with lightning and every other type of energy.

I think he -would- win.

Draco69
That doesn't make sense though. He's MADE of the power cosmic. So essentially Silver Surfer should be able to absorb him. Same with Quasar.

Bad writing methinks.

Dizzle
I think it's more that he retains all of the properties of raw power cosmic, but doesn't actually BECOME it. It's almost the same, but not quite. Or I could be wrong, and it could just be PIS on Silver Surfer and Quasar.

Either way, living GL energy would put him at light speed. Making him Kyle but better. And the whole willpower thing wouldn't really be a problem, seeing as he's not working through a ring.

Draco69
That's the thing if he does become Oan energy than Kyle can essentially control him.

long pig
That's just his power, once he absorbs it, he gains at least a minimal amount of control over it.

The same argument could be turned completely around, since Absorbing man was MADE of power cosmic, he should have been able to control Surfer. Same with Quasar.

Bad writing?

Draco69
Originally posted by long pig
That's just his power, once he absorbs it, he gains at least a minimal amount of control over it.

The same argument could be turned completely around, since Absorbing man was MADE of power cosmic, he should have been able to control Surfer. Same with Quasar.

Bad writing?

The above makes no sense whatsoever.

As you said he gains a "minimal amount of control over it" . So how the hell can someone with minimal amount of control over the certain type of energy somehow control a person with mastered and much more proficent control over the same type of energy?

long pig
At least minimal, since some people like to say he can't even choose what he absorbs, which is bull.

But when he absorbed light, he was capable of manifesting himself a physical body to punch with and dissapate it when needed.
He had a lot of control, and since it's HIS body, he will have more control over HIS own energy than anyone else would.

Dizzle
I just think the fact that there is a consciousness running through the substance is enough to make it unabsorbable... He takes the propoerties of whatever he absorbs, but doesn't take ALL of them. He absorbed Mjolnir, but didn't continually fly towards Thor's hands.

Ultimate Ion
Absorbing Man takes it.

K Von Doom
When Absorbing Man touched the Quantum Bands, quantum gems appeared all over his body. He didn't turn into quantum energy, he became more like a human-sized quantum band, so absorbing him wasn't a viable option and would have been impossible for Quasar to do. I suspect that the same thing would happen against a GL, Absorbing Man would turn into a sentient GL ring, not Oan energy.

Wynndar
he can control the nature of how he absorbs...the mystical nature of his powers also seem to let him absorb the most ideal nature of the...um...things he absorbs.

brainchild81
Originally posted by Dizzle
I just think the fact that there is a consciousness running through the substance is enough to make it unabsorbable... He takes the propoerties of whatever he absorbs, but doesn't take ALL of them. He absorbed Mjolnir, but didn't continually fly towards Thor's hands. Good post. AM kills Kyle.

Spelljammer
Nice fight, Absorbing Man is a decent villain but hardly ever gets noticed..

Kyle Ranner is a chump! Had we been talking about Hal Jordan this fight could possibly go either way, but sense we're talking about that half-wit "artist", score one for evil! \m/ evil face \m/

Juntai
Originally posted by Dizzle
I think it's more that he retains all of the properties of raw power cosmic, but doesn't actually BECOME it. It's almost the same, but not quite. Or I could be wrong, and it could just be PIS on Silver Surfer and Quasar.

Either way, living GL energy would put him at light speed. Making him Kyle but better. And the whole willpower thing wouldn't really be a problem, seeing as he's not working through a ring. GL's move beyond lightspeed. Hal has used that to change the spectrum of the green ring to yellow

Avalonofthewind
Kyle wins...he makes a construct that absorbs the energy that AM tries to use to escape and uses it back against him.

AM essentially KO's himself.

long pig
You know he could just become the construct?

Avalonofthewind
How? The construct itself is absorbing and is controlled by Kyles will.

long pig
He absorbs the absorbing contruct, then he would be gain the power from it that would allow him to absorb energy from anything Kyle threw at him.

Avalonofthewind
He absorbs the absorbing contruct, then he would be gain the power from it that would allow him to absorb energy from anything Kyle threw at him.

So Kyle then absorbs him and dissipates the energy.
AM dead. It's his to control as he wants.

Honestly, I doubt AM would get out of something like this..
Unless something has changed..he was never the smartest cookie out there either...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/Respectkyle.jpg

long pig
Kyle would absorb him into his ring? Bad idea. AM would get even more powerful.

It's his until it's taken over by Absorbing man. Once he absorbs it, he controls it.

Yeah, AM is written dumb, that's why I said CIS off for both.

Unless you want AM breaking Kyles knuckles and taking over the ring physically.

Wrapping AM into something that absorbs his kinetic energy and such wouldn't be a good idea, he'd just absorb the construct and it would give him the power to absorb kinetic and other such energy. Then what would kyle do?

Avalonofthewind
Kyle would absorb him into his ring? Bad idea. AM would get even more powerful.

It's his until it's taken over by Absorbing man. Once he absorbs it, he controls it.

Kind of hard to do when u spread out across the galaxy and dead.

Funny..i've seen AM do well against Thors hammer, but never actually have seen him taking it over. What makes u think AM will become the next parallax?

long pig
He's taken over thor's hammer twice I think.

AM has the potential to become the next SS or whomever, he's just written like a chump.

Avalonofthewind
He's taken over thor's hammer twice I think.

AM has the potential to become the next SS or whomever, he's just written like a chump.

Unfortunately, lack of intelligence is part of his character. Big reason he loses.

I doubt he would be absorbing and absorbing contruct controlled by will.
Its not like a lightning bolt I'm afraid.

If you have scans of AM taking over Thors hammer, it would help your case somewhat.

long pig
He absorbed quantum energy controlled by will, amongst other things.

I don't really need to help my case, it's common knowledge he's absorbed Thor's hammer and Thor himself actually.

Avalonofthewind
He absorbed quantum energy controlled by will, amongst other things.

I don't really need to help my case, it's common knowledge he's absorbed Thor's hammer and Thor himself actually.

It's also common knowledge that Kyle has absorbed the oan energies from Parallax. Quasars energy is now controlled by will? Once he makes a construct..its just there... its not a will thing...its just imagination.

8bitChris
Avalon,

CIS = Character Induced Stupidity.

The whole point of this thread was to show what a fight with AM would be like if he "wasn't" stupid.

I think AM wins.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by 8bitChris
Avalon,

CIS = Character Induced Stupidity.

The whole point of this thread was to show what a fight with AM would be like if he "wasn't" stupid.

I think AM wins.

That would also mean the Kyle isnt stupid and using full potential.
No way AM is going to take Oan power in that sense. He could have glass hit him and then shatter him like hulk did.

Too many scenarios.

long pig
-sigh-
AM has control over what he turns into, otherwise he'd always be air or sunlight or pollen or ambient magic or....yeah.
People just trick him into touching something weak, or he does it under his own stupidity, which is called CIS.

Hulk didn't make him grab glass, Creel and hulk were falling and creel wanted to grab the steel so he wouldn't crumble, but instead of looking before he reached out and grabbed, he just reached out and grabbed and turned into glass.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.