Colossus vs. Sabertooth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wonderman
whistle Sabertooth can fell Wolverine but is he out of his element when it comes to organic steel?

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Wonderman
whistle Sabertooth can feel Wolverine but is he out of his element when it comes to organic steel?
Why is Sabretooth feeling Wolverine? What the f**k? laughing out loud

Wonderman
sorry ment fell, let me edit it.

colossus17
colossus will kill sabertooth in 3.5 seconds

Tha C-Master
c how's it been?

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Wonderman
whistle Sabertooth can fell Wolverine but is he out of his element when it comes to organic steel?
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/anticryste/notsteel-rage.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/anticryste/iammadeofrage.jpg

Tha C-Master
C17's gonna LOOOOOOOOOVEE this...

colossus17
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/anticryste/notsteel-rage.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/anticryste/iammadeofrage.jpg

**** YEAH!

masterbruce
there's pretty much nothing Sabretooth can do to colossus I think

snoopdogg
Sabretooths healing factor will keep him in the fight for awhile but then Colossus proceeds to put a beatin on him.

Tha C-Master
Sabretooths cutting implements are shorter than wolverines, he wouldn't get the leverage that is necessary to defeat him...

jinzin
hey i gotta question seriously...

in the 616 universe has wolverine ever tried to cut peter?

in the current mainstream marvel timeline has he ever tired it?

Creshosk
Colossus salivates in metal form?

Tha C-Master
His teeth seem pretty normal too...

Wynndar
I dont think Wolverine's cut him but other people have.

jinzin
yeah but has wolverine 616 ever tried to cut collosus 616?

K Von Doom
Isn't Hulk made of Rage?

jinzin
no...hulks just mad....

long pig
Well, I for one learned something today.
Colossus is indeed made of rage.

jinzin
Originally posted by long pig
Well, I for one learned something today.
Colossus is indeed made of rage.

laughing out loud

i did too hahahaha

Wickerman
We had a pretty long thread a few months ago (can't find it as hard as i may try) about wolverine's claws and if they were powerful enough to cut through Colossus. We decided that they COULD, but that Logan couldn't get enough leverage to do so. Even if sabertooth's stronger, i doubt he has enough strength and leverage to actually penetrate Peter's organic steel skin no

~wickerman~

wannabe
Originally posted by Wickerman
We had a pretty long thread a few months ago (can't find it as hard as i may try) about wolverine's claws and if they were powerful enough to cut through Colossus. We decided that they COULD, but that Logan couldn't get enough leverage to do so. Even if sabertooth's stronger, i doubt he has enough strength and leverage to actually penetrate Peter's organic steel skin no

~wickerman~
That pretty much say's it!
And Colossus could ripp Sabretooth's arms and legs off...he'll probably heal the wounds but i would like to see how his organism will compensate for the loss of organic mass!

Wynndar
yea people fail to mention how even though Wolverine and Sabretooth have indestructable skelatons, their connective tissue still wouldnt hold up to Hulk, Thing, or Colossus simply ripping their limbs out of their sockets. A limbless Sabretooth might live for a little bit...but he wouldnt be able to fight anymore, it would technically be over.

wannabe
Originally posted by Wynndar
yea people fail to mention how even though Wolverine and Sabretooth have indestructable skelatons, their connective tissue still wouldnt hold up to Hulk, Thing, or Colossus simply ripping their limbs out of their sockets. A limbless Sabretooth might live for a little bit...but he wouldnt be able to fight anymore, it would technically be over.
YEAH...case closed!!!

Wickerman

Both sabertooth and wolverine have taken on heavy hitters, and not once has that happened.
Not to mention Wolverine's gotten Peter's best punches and taken them and kept on coming for more and more. I forgot where that fight was but i'm sure if you pm jinzin about it you might get some scans. They both can take incredible ammounts of punishments from heavy hitters. I don't see the whole "rip limbs off" thing happening anytime soon. however, i also don't see either of the two (wolverine or sabes) hurting colossus, due to his organic steel.

~wickerman~

wannabe
Both sabertooth and wolverine have taken on heavy hitters, and not once has that happened.
Not to mention Wolverine's gotten Peter's best punches and taken them and kept on coming for more and more. I forgot where that fight was but i'm sure if you pm jinzin about it you might get some scans. They both can take incredible ammounts of punishments from heavy hitters. I don't see the whole "rip limbs off" thing happening anytime soon. however, i also don't see either of the two (wolverine or sabes) hurting colossus, due to his organic steel.

~wickerman~
Wynndar's post had the intention to make clear, that the two take hits from powerhouses like nothing but SHOULDN'T be able to do so, because of the facts mentioned.

Wickerman
Originally posted by wannabe
Wynndar's post had the intention to make clear, that the two take hits from powerhouses like nothing but SHOULDN'T be able to do so, because of the facts mentioned.

Though i don't want this to disgress into the same discussion as in the "wrecker vs. wolverine" thread, i have to say, that PIS or no PIS, crappy writing or no crappy writing, wolverine is shown to go well beyond his abilities CONSISTENTLY.

~wickerman~

wannabe
Though i don't want this to disgress into the same discussion as in the "wrecker vs. wolverine" thread, i have to say, that PIS or no PIS, crappy writing or no crappy writing, wolverine is shown to go well beyond his abilities CONSISTENTLY.

~wickerman~
NO protest from me here!!!

Creshosk

Originally posted by Creshosk
The thing is, this isn't true, not for Wolverine. In Wolverine: Snikt! his right arm was burned so badly only his adamantium bones remained; guess what? They were still linked together. Wolverine was still able to use his arm (even though he had to hold it with his left hand). If there is cartilage between his bones that can be severed, than it can also be burned away, and obviously thats not the case.

What about New X-Men, E is for Extinction? Nova burned off all the flesh on his right arm, and guess what? the arm bones were still linked together. They didn't collapse or fall off, which is what they would have done had there been connecting ligaments and cartilage.

How about Miller's Wolverine? When Shingen and Logan fight, Shingen aims a sword stroke at Logans' neck; I've been informed that it was later explained (whether by Miller or Claremont, I don't know) that it was an attack that was meant to sever Wolverine's head, by cutting inbetween the connecting bones; but since Wolverine's adamantium reinforces and links those bones, it couldn't cut through.

And lets not forget Blood Hungry.

Metalmanx
This isn't much of a fight at all.

Colossus could swat him away until he just kicks Creed's head and sends him to China or something.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Metalmanx
This isn't much of a fight at all.

Colossus could swat him away until he just kicks Creed's head and sends him to China or something.

Creed will get back up and take the first plane back. According to forum rules if a combatant can get back into the fight after ringout on his own and go back at it, the fight continues. This fight would most likely just go ad infinitum.....sabertooth won't be doing much against Peter, and Peter won;t be doing much against Sabertooth. Unless of course he goes into one of his "I AM RAAAAAAAAAGEEEEEE" rages laughing out loud

then ST is proper ****ed

~wickerman~

jinzin
here's the thing...first off...no one is ripping off anyone slimbs..period...after the admantium bonding process is completed it is stuck the way it is sculpted for eternity..the only other changes it goes through are molecular bonding...not only was there a blurb about this in either weapon x, or during a weapon x story arch, but professor x himself has claimed wolverine's skeleton to be bonded at a molecular level...and it has been proven on a vast amount of occasions. that's said..no limbs will be ripped of okay...

now as for wolverine being able to penetrate colossus...apparently colossus 616 is quite afraid of wolverine's claws...wolverine once took a casual swipe at him and he toppled over after he dodged out of their way in fear of being tagged "wolverine, your claws!"

so if peter thinks wolverine can hurt him, and wolverine can cut through almost anything..it's not so hard to believe that he can cut through peter is it? and as for sabretooth I think admantium claws backed by a class 5 to 10 warrior are wayyy more than enough to get some damage done on the the big C, but that's just my opinion...

that's why I was asking about whether or not wolverine's ever tried to hit colussus with his claws...cause the only time I've ever seen him try, big C was hella scared of em.

Wickerman
Originally posted by jinzin
here's the thing...first off...no one is ripping off anyone slimbs..period...after the admantium bonding process is completed it is stuck the way it is sculpted for eternity..the only other changes it goes through are molecular bonding...not only was there a blurb about this in either weapon x, or during a weapon x story arch, but professor x himself has claimed wolverine's skeleton to be bonded at a molecular level...and it has been proven on a vast amount of occasions. that's said..no limbs will be ripped of okay...

now as for wolverine being able to penetrate colossus...apparently colossus 616 is quite afraid of wolverine's claws...wolverine once took a casual swipe at him and he toppled over after he dodged out of their way in fear of being tagged "wolverine, your claws!"

so if peter thinks wolverine can hurt him, and wolverine can cut through almost anything..it's not so hard to believe that he can cut through peter is it? and as for sabretooth I think admantium claws backed by a class 5 to 10 warrior are wayyy more than enough to get some damage done on the the big C, but that's just my opinion...

that's why I was asking about whether or not wolverine's ever tried to hit colussus with his claws...cause the only time I've ever seen him try, big C was hella scared of em.

Use the google search, not the regular search and try to find the old thread i mentioned in my first post on this thread. I didn't have any luck using the normal search, but i remember distinctly that we came to a general consensus that wolverine CANNOT cut through colossus's organic steel, nor pierce it, due to lack of strength and leverage. Sabertooth.....MIGHT....but there is no certain answer. As i remember, you yourself participated in that discussion and agreed ....i think......

~wickerman~

jinzin
i did agree...at the time I could have sworn that wolverine tried to cut collosus but only got sparks....

then someone brought to my attention that that happened in the ultimate universe...

I went back through the ol' collection and found out they were correct...

after that i was no longer sure that wolverine had ever attempted such in the 616 universe...and then when I stumbled upon this little "incident" I gave me further doubts..... now I'm not so sure...

if someone can bring an example to the table though, I'll happily concede to that consensus...

Wickerman
i did agree...at the time I could have sworn that wolverine tried to cut collosus but only got sparks....

then someone brought to my attention that that happened in the ultimate universe...

I went back through the ol' collection and found out they were correct...

after that i was no longer sure that wolverine had ever attempted such in the 616 universe...and then when I stumbled upon this little "incident" I gave me further doubts..... now I'm not so sure...

if someone can bring an example to the table though, I'll happily concede to that consensus...

Hmmmm........how old is the Ultimates issue that the "sparks" thing happened in and how old is the "Peter dodging" 616 issue?

~wickerman~

jinzin
ultimates is I think maybe 2 years old...maybe less...

the other incident happened in the mid to late 80's I think...I don't know..but it was warpath's first appearance...

Wickerman
ultimates is I think maybe 2 years old...maybe less...

the other incident happened in the mid to late 80's I think...I don't know..but it was warpath's first appearance...

Warpath's first appearance? What the f**k? Damn jinzin.....you an old bastard.

Ahem.....regardless, when i get my greedy little hands back on my "still in repairs" HDD, assuming at least part of it was rescued cry.......i'll look it up.

~wickerman~

Creshosk
Warpath's first appearance? What the f**k? Damn jinzin.....you an old bastard. lol, here we're talking about Wolverine's first appearence. . . and warpath gets the old remark?

Didn't thunderbird appear before warpath?

And I think I remember that incident too. . . was it shortly after Colossus struck Wolverine full force, in the danger room?

This also would have been before his popularity increase soo . . .

Wickerman
lol, here we're talking about Wolverine's first appearence. . . and warpath gets the old remark?

Didn't thunderbird appear before warpath?

And I think I remember that incident too. . . was it shortly after Colossus struck Wolverine full force, in the danger room?

This also would have been before his popularity increase soo . . .

Lol yeah, but it was something about the way he said "Warpath's first appearance" that sounded as if he bought the comic and read it right then on the spot....only he was what jinzin....3.....4 years old? laughing out loud

And it was just really before his popularity increase, since that started at the end of the 80's, beginning of the 90's, increased dramatically by the cartoon show as well.

~wickerman~

Wynndar
here's the thing...first off...no one is ripping off anyone slimbs..period...professor x himself has claimed wolverine's skeleton to be bonded at a molecular level...and it has been proven on a vast amount of occasions. that's said..no limbs will be ripped of okay...

Jinzin, bieng bonded on the molecular level makes no difference. That means that the adamantium cannot be removed from his bones. Itdoesnt change the fact that bone and adamantium end and connectve tissue/muscle begin in someplace, and that someplace can be ripped apart by the class 100 Colossus.

Creshosk
Jinzin, bieng bonded on the molecular level makes no difference. That means that the adamantium cannot be removed from his bones. Itdoesnt change the fact that bone and adamantium end and connectve tissue/muscle begin in someplace, and that someplace can be ripped apart by the class 100 Colossus. Muscle is removed, arm is still intact, that which could be ripped should also be able to be burned or cut.

It's odd, but we're also talking about a dude made out of steel.

Calling it organic simply adds carbon into it. . . so its a carbon steel.

If it is individual Cells that are steel or adamantium bonded, that would allow either metal man to move. . .

Soft enough to move, hard enough to . . not. . . move?

Wickerman
Muscle is removed, arm is still intact, that which could be ripped should also be able to be burned or cut.

It's odd, but we're also talking about a dude made out of steel.

Calling it organic simply adds carbon into it. . . so its a carbon steel.

If it is individual Cells that are steel or adamantium bonded, that would allow either metal man to move. . .

Soft enough to move, hard enough to . . not. . . move?

Hard enough to not BE moved wink

And FYI, colossus isn't made of organic steel.....he's made of RAAAAAAGEEEEEE mhm

~wickerman~

Wynndar
Um no...The reason Colossus can move is not because of the carbon Im sure. I think the writers called it organic because they thought organic was synonymous with living. Doesnt mean Wolverine's adamantium should be pliable like Colossus body. Now your trying too hard.

Creshosk

And FYI, colossus isn't made of organic steel.....he's made of RAAAAAAGEEEEEE mhm

~wickerman~ Rage sure looks like organic steel. lol.

Um no...The reason Colossus can move is not because of the carbon Im sure. I think the writers called it organic because they thought organic was synonymous with living. Doesnt mean Wolverine's adamantium should be pliable like Colossus body. Now your trying too hard. Why should one metal man beable to move and the other not?

Living or not, it shouldn't allow him to move. wink

If one can move they both can move, if one cannot move, neither can move.

Fair is fair.

Wynndar
Rage sure looks like organic steel. lol.

Why should one metal man beable to move and the other not?

Living or not, it shouldn't allow him to move. wink

If one can move they both can move, if one cannot move, neither can move.

Fair is fair.

Ok...I guess there's no reason to debate with u. You're saying Wolverine's metal should be able to move like Colossus' even though Colossus' come from his mtant powers while Wolverine's adamantium is just man made, fixed, solid metal.

Creshosk
Ok...I guess there's no reason to debate with u. You're saying Wolverine's metal should be able to move like Colossus' even though Colossus' come from his mtant powers while Wolverine's adamantium is just man made, fixed, solid metal.

Wolverine moves, and has shown and been stated to be molecularly bonded. I can accept this.

Colossus moves and the organic steel has been said and shown to be his skin. I can accept this.

Wolverine, Sabertooth and Colossus have metal as part of them which in each case logically should keep them from moving. But does not.

I can accept this.

You for some odd reason cannot accept one, but willingly accept the other. Why is it that I'm the unreasonable one?

Metalmanx
Clearly adamantium limbs can indeed be severed. As we've seen in AOA, Cyclops blasts off Wolvie left hand from the wrist up, hitting him right at the joint where his hand meets his forearm.

So, using that logic that has indeed happened, Colossus should be able to literally tug Sabretooth's arms off of his body. He'll probably have to use some effort, but I fully believe he can do it.

Creshosk
Clearly adamantium limbs can indeed be severed. As we've seen in AOA, Cyclops blasts off Wolvie left hand from the wrist up, hitting him right at the joint where his hand meets his forearm. AOA isn't 616, we don't know how the bonding process was different. . . wink

So, using that logic that has indeed happened, Colossus should be able to literally tug Sabretooth's arms off of his body. He'll probably have to use some effort, but I fully believe he can do it. in 616 we have several occurences of Wolverine, should be loosing a limb, but doesn't.

AOA isn't 616. smile

Wynndar
ur hopeless

golem370
Which Sabretooth because the one on AOA he has a strength rating of 4 which is the same as Spider-Man?

Creshosk
ur hopeless Why? because of the inconsistency of the AOA timeline to the 616?

Because the AOA discarded the continuity of 616, it should be more credible?

Why? because it helps your case?

Tha C-Master
Wolverine can have his neck broken, dislocated whatever, it just needs strength. GREAT strength, but its not impossible.
There is muscle that holds the plates to the head yadda yadda, nice try.

Wynndar
The only thing protecting wolverine/sabretooth is the writers. But oh well...even so, Sabretooth would still get his ass kicked by Colossus. Colossus would punt his ass into another county. If sabretooth came back (I know you're going to say he will) Colossus will just punt him again.

Tha C-Master
The only thing protecting wolverine/sabretooth is the writers. But oh well...even so, Sabretooth would still get his ass kicked by Colossus. Colossus would punt his ass into another county. If sabretooth came back (I know you're going to say he will) Colossus will just punt him again.

The x factor, people bring this into the debates where it doesn't belong though...

xmarksthespot
Are people still arguing that Wolverine's skeleton is one large piece of metal - when clearly that's not the case even if you show scans where his muscle is burned off? Question: how does he still manage to move his arm with the nerves and muscle burnt off in some of the examples cited?

Wynndar
his telekinesis

xmarksthespot
True, my bad. Completely forgot about that power.

Tha C-Master
his telekinesis tacticle telekenisis

anyways, if its bonded at an organic level, how come gambit can charge it???

Wynndar
TK and detachable penis...everyone always forgets those two.

Tha C-Master
now you are being wierd...... laughing out loud

jinzin
Jinzin, bieng bonded on the molecular level makes no difference. That means that the adamantium cannot be removed from his bones. Itdoesnt change the fact that bone and adamantium end and connectve tissue/muscle begin in someplace, and that someplace can be ripped apart by the class 100 Colossus.

actually it does..as has been proven time and time again...I honestly believe his bones work like an action figures joints....if you can prove me wrong going by character please do...

jinzin

~wickerman~

laughing out loud

jinzin
Wolverine moves, and has shown and been stated to be molecularly bonded. I can accept this.

Colossus moves and the organic steel has been said and shown to be his skin. I can accept this.

Wolverine, Sabertooth and Colossus have metal as part of them which in each case logically should keep them from moving. But does not.

I can accept this.

You for some odd reason cannot accept one, but willingly accept the other. Why is it that I'm the unreasonable one?

you're supporting a pro-wolverine argument..did you really need to ask?

jinzin
Are people still arguing that Wolverine's skeleton is one large piece of metal - when clearly that's not the case even if you show scans where his muscle is burned off? Question: how does he still manage to move his arm with the nerves and muscle burnt off in some of the examples cited?

we don't know....honestly...how come his unexplainable atributes are okay to disregard but other heroes' attributes consiting of similar illogical natures are just fine?

xmarksthespot
Because Colossus organic steel tissues (and one should note that they aren't actually steel - if I recall they're only referred to as that) are part of his powers. Where exactly does it say that Wolverine (or Sabretooth) being able to move a skeletal arm without musculature is part of his power? Where does it say that Wolverine (or Sabretooth) has every connective tissue in his body laced with adamantium?

As for the example you asked for - Wolverine had his hand blasted off in AoA.

jinzin
Because Colossus organic steel tissues (and one should note that they aren't actually steel - if I recall they're only referred to as that) are part of his powers. Where exactly does it say that Wolverine (or Sabretooth) being able to move a skeletal arm without musculature is part of his power? Where does it say that Wolverine (or Sabretooth) has every connective tissue in his body laced with adamantium?

As for the example you asked for - Wolverine had his hand blasted off in AoA.

aoa really isn't an adquite example to use..

it's pretty clear everybody got a significant upgrade (either literal of just no more restraint of character) there's no way to say what happened has we never see the event, it's only comented on vaguely...

cyclops at a full blast without restraint of any sort whatsoever would possibly generate enough force to blast the small hinges and what-not that connect wolverine's bones apart, this would mean his blast was more powerful than a class 100+ blow...which IMO is more than plausible had he hit with a significantly concentrated blast at full power the possibility to detatch said hinges raises even more...but because we've seen several other occasions in the 616 universe where cyclops' beam has done nothing but either piss logan off, or blast him away, i really don't think your thesis really holds up..

also we have to consider that power in a concentrated blow can generate more pounds of pressure per square inch than one's one capability to lift...

MA's can hit with thousands of pounds per square inch yet can't bench press 200. collusus would have to be stronger than the PSI power that hulk hits with...I don't think he has that kind of strength to be quite frank.

xmarksthespot
Where in the history of our exchanges do you derive that I accept your strange notion that Wolverine beats Hulk?
Colossus doesn't need to be as strong as Hulk to kill Wolverine.

Orthopedic anatomy isn't my specialty but last time I checked bones aren't connected with hinges. huh

As for your MA thing I'm not going to go into the whole high pressure doesn't equate to high force etc etc crap that I've already been through numerous times already. And it would be nice if you could source that "thousands of psi" thing.

jinzin
Where in the history of our exchanges do you derive that I accept your strange notion that Wolverine beats Hulk?
Colossus doesn't need to be as strong as Hulk to kill Wolverine.

Orthopedic anatomy isn't my specialty but last time I checked bones aren't connected with hinges. huh

As for your MA thing I'm not going to go into the whole high pressure doesn't equate to high force etc etc crap that I've already been through numerous times already. And it would be nice if you could source that "thousands of psi" thing.

ummm did I ever say anything about wolverine beating hulk? did I include your name? What the f**k? where the hell did you get that from?

and I didn't say colossus has to be stronger than hulk to kill wolverine..we both know that's not true...I said he'd have to have more lifting power than hulk's punching power to be able to seperate logan's limbs... otherwise hulks uppercuts to logans jaw would result in a decapitation.

last time I checked bones aren't usually coated in admantium and then bonded on a molecular level....there's no other way to "explain" why wolverine's still capable of moving if his bones are bonded as proffesor x described and as has been proven before..if you can't accept that they are bonded by hinges, maybe you should just accept that it's a comic and doesn't make sense. there's no other evidence to support your thesis other than a non-cannon universe which is rather weak... it's been PROVEN that wolverine's bones are still in ONE BIG HUNK when his flesh is COMPLETELY blasted off them... if you can find an explaination to this please do.. for me I assume that it's because his bones are indeed BONDED as has been described.

and I did source the MA thing...it's called extreme martial arts, it's on the discovery channel every other month so...

anywho, at this point it just seems like your attacking me for arguments I'm not even making..I don't know why, but maybe you should read my posts over to come to a clearer understanding of the points I'm actually attempting to make rather than what YOU THINK I'm trying to convey.

xmarksthespot
Before you were arguing that his ligaments are adamantium laced now you're suggesting that tiny adamantium hinges(?) link his bones? Then in the same paragraph you say that the bones are one big hunk?
That's why your hinge thing is confusing.
Which one is it - because it can't be all three.
Are you still arguing that stripped of muscle and nerve he should still be able to move his arm?

jinzin
I'm not claiming anything...just providing various options to ponder. not my fault you scoff at every last one of them no matter what proof or evidence is presented to you.

We can either think up a logical reason for wolverine to do some of the things he does (as no one can accept anything as just being part of his character since he's in comics and all) or we can just accept the fact that they're damned comics and aren't ment to make sense, wolverine included.

I really don't know how his skeleton works, i've admitted this on several occasions, the best "explaination" I can give is, "hey, it's comics, get over it". But I say that, and people call me a fanboy. wtf?

what do we know?..that wolverine's bones haven't been broken, seperated, or otherwise when in combat versus vastly superior foes in terms of strength. So where does the assumption come from that someone will be able to do it now?

are you aware a demon king kabal tried to tear logan limb from limb already and was confused as to why wolverine wasn't seperated as he had done so to so many mortals before?

It's already been tried, and it was proven (A-friggin-GAIN doh ) that his admantium skeleton in one way or another prevented his bones from being detatched.

anways, as far as his arms moving where his flesh has been seperated, that isn't a feat I've ever brought up, nor is it an argument I've supported, so i really have no idea what you mean by "still arguing"..What the f**k?

i think you're quite confused tonight...

xmarksthespot
Well I have been drinkin... laughing out loud
Jinzin I never scoff... and I don't recall I've ever called you fanboy...
There are more ways to incapacitate a limb than to tear it out of it's socket - which is why I'm asking whether Wolverine would be able to move his arm if the muscle, nerve, etc. is torn off.

jinzin
Well I have been drinkin... laughing out loud
Jinzin I never scoff... and I don't recall I've ever called you fanboy...
There are more ways to incapacitate a limb than to tear it out of it's socket - which is why I'm asking whether Wolverine would be able to move his arm if the muscle, nerve, etc. is torn off.

laughing out loud

scoff? okay disreguard then...whatever you wish to call it.

and I never said YOU call me a fanboy...you're one of the few and I've commended you on it in the past, once again your making assumptions on things that I have no intention of conveying.

well we were discussing the tear an arm out of it's socket strategy, which is why the "bonded bones" argument started up all over again.

so do you concede that it is outside of collosus' capabilities to do now?

as for the muscles and nerves being removed...I'd have to say hell no...though he may be able to flail them via ace ventura but little else than that..the problem is getting close enough to either sabes or wolvie to try that without getting scewered.

long pig
Wolverine has hinges you fools, HINGES!

or glue!!

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/7272/youregay3tc7rm8gb.gif

jinzin
What the f**k? did you just insinuate that I'm gay?

like I said..i'm just providing options for an explaination since people can't just accept things as a part of wolvie's chracter...i don't see anyone else coming up with anything better..

long pig
No....I honestly think he has hinges. Look at anything that deals with his bones(after he's died or been stripped of flesh) and the bones are always hooked together. He's got something that holds them together.

The pic was there because it makes me happy.

jinzin
No....I honestly think he has hinges. Look at anything that deals with his bones(after he's died or been stripped of flesh) and the bones are always hooked together. He's got something that holds them together.

The pic was there because it makes me happy.

oh ok....I was like..."what...the...hell...?"

xmarksthespot
Wolverine has hinges you fools, HINGES!

or glue!!

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/7272/youregay3tc7rm8gb.gif
laughing laughing

long pig
Come off the defensive, not everyone is against you, ol' fellah. big grin

jinzin
Come off the defensive, not everyone is against you, ol' fellah. big grin

laughing out loud

oh no...I'm getting as paranoid as cordera...next thing you know I'll be ranting on about "j-haters". roll eyes (sarcastic)

Tha C-Master
laughing out loud

oh no...I'm getting as paranoid as cordera...next thing you know I'll be ranting on about "j-haters". roll eyes (sarcastic)

Your stupidity astounds me, you are completely inable to detect any sarcasm period, furthermore you spend more time whining about something when you are unable to discuss it.

I had this same discussion with you, and the only retort you offered was "just because you don't like it....", pro wolverine arguments are ridiculous, and you annoy people by saying they hate him and don't listen to ANYTHING you say.

Reminds me of that tournament, 6 people, SIX, voted for you before it started. No complaints.

You lost the tournament and started whining, you wonder why you annoy people, its because you are a poor loser, and whine like a child.

Paranoid no not really, there are people who follow me around to start fights, and they've been dealt with one way or another. Much like yourself.

Werent you ranting on about how you were glad that everyone didn't hate you? I guess thats paranoid then... smokin'

Onikirimaru
Ok, let me just impart my knowledge of anatomy on you guys to try to help this along.

There are many types of joints, Synovial, Fibrous, immovable, cartligous. Well, ok there are 4 types of joints. Anyway. There is never a point where bones directly connect to each other. "movable" joints, like the shoulder, elbow, knees, hips, etc etc, are encapselted by a fluid filled sac. (when you dislocate a shoulder, its still in the synovial capsule, and you can pop it back in, it doesnt fall out into your hand) This sac serves the pupose of housing the bones, lubricatiing them (otherwise moving them would be extremely painful) and also housing anything else like bursa for the joint. (your kneecap is a bursa, a pad like tissue) Synovial joints also are for things like the bones of the hand and feet, although they dont have alot of motion, they still can move around a little bit. Fibrous and cartilagounus joints are less moveable, yet still movable a bit. You find this in certin places in the spinal cord, where the vertebral disks are (althouth the spinal cord also has synovial joints in the vertebrea parts that move) Synovial capsules are just connective tissue, and arnt exactly very sturdy, muscle and ligaments, bone formation, and the capsule all come together and keep the bones together.

It would be impossbile for wolverine to have molecular boneded bones, as if adamantium is boned to his cells. Bones are constantly breaking down and building up. New cells are born in the marrow, which i'll get to in a second, and as the grow older grow out, until they are finally destroyed and recycled to new cells. If his bones were bonded with adamantium, then his cells wouldnt know wtf to do. The adamantium would prevent cells from being broken down, and there wouldnt be room for new cells to grow, and those cells wouldnt have admantium. It would be really crazy. Wolverine's adamantium probably works like a cage, it coats the outside of his bones with microscopic "slits" in it, becase if it was completed coated, WOlverine would fall over dead within a few days, even with his healing factor. Bones MAKE blood, red bone marrow is where your blood comes from. Your blood is also how your body heals, and last checked, stays alive. Without his blood being able to get out of his bones, he would fall over dead. There has to be space for the blood to get into his body, and for blood to get into his bones, otherwise his bones would die. They need blood to live too.

My puzzlment is wtf are those metal things in his hands his claws pop out of. They are made of adamantium, because when he was bone claw he didnt have them, but they have to extend down into his claw channels to protect them, otherwise hed bleed a bit everytime his claws popped out. Were they implanted during weapon X? They cant be made of adamantium through and through, otherwise he would be able to flex his wrist.

Onikirimaru
Oh and more to the topic at hand, I think Sabertooth wont be able to do more than superficial damage to Collosus. So metal head would win eventually, wether you beleive he can rip Sab's arms off or just pound him to death.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Onikirimaru
Ok, let me just impart my knowledge of anatomy on you guys to try to help this along.

There are many types of joints, Synovial, Fibrous, immovable, cartligous. Well, ok there are 4 types of joints. Anyway. There is never a point where bones directly connect to each other. "movable" joints, like the shoulder, elbow, knees, hips, etc etc, are encapselted by a fluid filled sac. (when you dislocate a shoulder, its still in the synovial capsule, and you can pop it back in, it doesnt fall out into your hand) This sac serves the pupose of housing the bones, lubricatiing them (otherwise moving them would be extremely painful) and also housing anything else like bursa for the joint. (your kneecap is a bursa, a pad like tissue) Synovial joints also are for things like the bones of the hand and feet, although they dont have alot of motion, they still can move around a little bit. Fibrous and cartilagounus joints are less moveable, yet still movable a bit. You find this in certin places in the spinal cord, where the vertebral disks are (althouth the spinal cord also has synovial joints in the vertebrea parts that move) Synovial capsules are just connective tissue, and arnt exactly very sturdy, muscle and ligaments, bone formation, and the capsule all come together and keep the bones together.

It would be impossbile for wolverine to have molecular boneded bones, as if adamantium is boned to his cells. Bones are constantly breaking down and building up. New cells are born in the marrow, which i'll get to in a second, and as the grow older grow out, until they are finally destroyed and recycled to new cells. If his bones were bonded with adamantium, then his cells wouldnt know wtf to do. The adamantium would prevent cells from being broken down, and there wouldnt be room for new cells to grow, and those cells wouldnt have admantium. It would be really crazy. Wolverine's adamantium probably works like a cage, it coats the outside of his bones with microscopic "slits" in it, becase if it was completed coated, WOlverine would fall over dead within a few days, even with his healing factor. Bones MAKE blood, red bone marrow is where your blood comes from. Your blood is also how your body heals, and last checked, stays alive. Without his blood being able to get out of his bones, he would fall over dead. There has to be space for the blood to get into his body, and for blood to get into his bones, otherwise his bones would die. They need blood to live too.

My puzzlment is wtf are those metal things in his hands his claws pop out of. They are made of adamantium, because when he was bone claw he didnt have them, but they have to extend down into his claw channels to protect them, otherwise hed bleed a bit everytime his claws popped out. Were they implanted during weapon X? They cant be made of adamantium through and through, otherwise he would be able to flex his wrist.

proving even more that real world stuff is usually discarded in the comic verse. wink

Even with all that, since it is a comic book we don't need to worry about "shoulda, coulda, woulda". After all look at cyclops and the thrid law of motion. . .

Tha C-Master

My puzzlment is wtf are those metal things in his hands his claws pop out of. They are made of adamantium, because when he was bone claw he didnt have them, but they have to extend down into his claw channels to protect them, otherwise hed bleed a bit everytime his claws popped out. Were they implanted during weapon X? They cant be made of adamantium through and through, otherwise he would be able to flex his wrist. \

Great post,but keep in mind that blood clots heal faster than concussive damage does...

Wickerman

Excellent post man, as opposed to your sig which for some reason makes me sad sad

However, as Creshosk has pointed out, you only prove that real life anatomy, together with physics, and science have a small place (not no place at all, but a small one) in the comic book Universes.

Explain if you can people creating/surviving black holes, people flying around and dragging the Earth around What the f**k? and a crapload more things and feats.

The point that is being made about Wolverine and Sabertooth is that even though logic and real-world anatomy/science would imply that their adamantium skeletons cannot exist, or can with certain features, they do. And just as real world anatomy/science would imply that they shouldn't be bonded at the joints, etc., they are as has been proven by past feats.

Idea: past feats surpass real-world logic and anatomy/science when it comes to comic book characters.

~wickerman~

Creshosk
Logic is like a blender, Physics and anatomy and the like are like what you put in.

Logic can still exist, Real world logic is just a tool for processing the data.

Physics and anatomy is the data that's to be processed. As are the comics feats and stats.

Wickerman
Logic is like a blender, Physics and anatomy and the like are like what you put in.

Logic can still exist, Real world logic is just a tool for processing the data.

Physics and anatomy is the data that's to be processed. As are the comics feats and stats.

yeah, it's a nice big mix-a-lot. However, past facts are usually much much MUCH more relevant than logic.

And you know it shifty

~wickerman~

Creshosk
yeah, it's a nice big mix-a-lot. However, past facts are usually much much MUCH more relevant than logic.

And you know it shifty

~wickerman~ Not more releveant than logic. Logic is the tool that allows you to see that real world anatomy and physics have very little place in comics.

What has been established in the comics is more relevant than real world anatomy or physics.

Wickerman
Not more releveant than logic. Logic is the tool that allows you to see that real world anatomy and physics have very little place in comics.

What has been established in the comics is more relevant than real world anatomy or physics.

pish-posh. Sticks and Stones may break my bones but semantics won't. wait....that's not what the saying was....was it? confused

Ahem....anyway, that's exactly what i was trying to say. that what's already been established in the comics is more relevant than real world anatomy or physics, or facts that would LOGICALLY occur IRL....

~wickerman~

Tha C-Master
Not more releveant than logic. Logic is the tool that allows you to see that real world anatomy and physics have very little place in comics.

What has been established in the comics is more relevant than real world anatomy or physics. logic is reasoning, not just anatomy, if its defined within his powers cool, otherwise no, plain and simple, I'm tired of assumptions.

colossus has his stuff defined, breathing underwater etc., thats a difference.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
logic is reasoning, not just anatomy, if its defined within his powers cool, otherwise no, plain and simple, I'm tired of assumptions.

colossus has his stuff defined, breathing underwater etc., thats a difference.

Yes, but it has been defined due to past feats and events, not due to real-world reasoning right? wink

~wickerman~

Creshosk
logic is reasoning, not just anatomy, That's what I'm saying.

Logic is not Anatomy
Logic is not Physics
Logic is not Past Events
Logic is not the data, Logic is the processor.

Logic is if or else and greater than less than then. Logic is + - = / * sqrt ^ % . . . Logic is just the data processor.

Anatomy, physics, Past events, numbers are the data that logic processes.

1+1=2
2+2=4
10*10=100
10*12=120
10+634-((23* 456)/345)+12=625.6

What is in red is the data. What is in blue is the logic. Logic is just for processing the data.

Onikirimaru
Well, Im not surprised question of can Collosus beat Sabertooth turned into a theological debate on the way the universe works.

My purpose in these lengthy scientificy explanations is to help people understand how the body is suppose to work, and also to show how little of a place logic has to do in these discussions, though we often try to discuss things logically. At least some of us.

Now, I understand "comic physics" are not real and you have to let things go, however Logan often defies even his own logic. Let me explain, you use Cyke and the law of the whooty who, whatever, Im assuming you mean the one where it says if so much force goes this way, this force goes this way, and Cyke head should fly off. Well, "Cyclops Logic" say Cyke can shoot beams out of his head, and not worry about that law. He does this everytime he says "Optic blast" showing that he consistently doesnt need to worry about it. "Wolverine Logic" says Logan can have admantium bones and claws, and he heals like a normal human but at an excessive rate, and also has some super immune stuff. However, the reason why he is often the subject of heated debates, is he consitently defies his own "Wolverine Logic" Getting his arm burned off but still connected, being evicerated and gutted and regening organs, absorbing enough concussive force to instant kill people and not even being knocked unconscious, all are never explained even in "Wolverine Logic" since a normal human healing and normal human anatomy can not do these things.

Thats all Im gonna say for now. A few minutes ago I went on another anatomical treatise to try and explain Wolverines strength level, but my comp crashed and I lost it all, and although I do have far to much freetime, I dont have the patience to type it again. Maybe Ill save it for another wolvie thread, or for later.

Creshosk
Well, Im not surprised question of can Collosus beat Sabertooth turned into a theological debate on the way the universe works.

My purpose in these lengthy scientificy explanations is to help people understand how the body is suppose to work, and also to show how little of a place logic has to do in these discussions, though we often try to discuss things logically. At least some of us.

Now, I understand "comic physics" are not real and you have to let things go, however Logan often defies even his own logic. Let me explain, you use Cyke and the law of the whooty who, whatever, Im assuming you mean the one where it says if so much force goes this way, this force goes this way, and Cyke head should fly off. Well, "Cyclops Logic" say Cyke can shoot beams out of his head, and not worry about that law. He does this everytime he says "Optic blast" showing that he consistently doesnt need to worry about it. "Wolverine Logic" says Logan can have admantium bones and claws, and he heals like a normal human but at an excessive rate, and also has some super immune stuff. However, the reason why he is often the subject of heated debates, is he consitently defies his own "Wolverine Logic" Getting his arm burned off but still connected, being evicerated and gutted and regening organs, absorbing enough concussive force to instant kill people and not even being knocked unconscious, all are never explained even in "Wolverine Logic" since a normal human healing and normal human anatomy can not do these things.

Thats all Im gonna say for now. A few minutes ago I went on another anatomical treatise to try and explain Wolverines strength level, but my comp crashed and I lost it all, and although I do have far to much freetime, I dont have the patience to type it again. Maybe Ill save it for another wolvie thread, or for later.

"Getting his arm burned off but still connected" Seeing as how this is what happens like 100% of the time in 616, then this happeneing again would be well within his own "Wolverine Logic".

"absorbing enough concussive force to instant kill people and not even being knocked unconscious" this is also something that happens the majority of the time. So this happening again is also well within "Wolverine Logic" Heck he did this in the fight with the Wrecker too.

"since a normal human healing and normal human anatomy can not do these things" Since "normal human anatomy" doesn't include claws, an excelerated healing nor the ability to absorb the kinetic force required to in using one's own's attacks. I'd say that "normal human anatomy" is superceded by "comic human anatomy". And particularly by "Wolverine Anatomy". . .

Wickerman

Exactly like Cordera said, all of this is well within the "Wolverine logic". it happens often enough to be included in the "Wolverine Logic" whether a character states "It's in his ability to do that" or not. It doesn't matter if the feature is on marveldirectory.com or not, it doesn't matter if someone says it's there or not, but since he does it so often, it's included in his "Wolverine Logic" as you say.

You're correct in saying that although real world anatomy/physics don't apply in comic books, there is a certain comic book logic, and it's sometimes broken. But not in this case.

Also.....this is the colossus vs. SABERTOOTH thread, not vs. wolverine no

~wickerman~

Tha C-Master
Yes, but it has been defined due to past feats and events, not due to real-world reasoning right? wink

~wickerman~ No its been defined in colossus' stats, unlike wolverine's inconsistent events.

Comics revolve around the real world like it or not, but wolverine's adamantium hasn't, and it is an assumption, that has been proven wrong.

I'm not saying colossus can do it, I'm saying that it isn't a big hunk of metal thats unbelievably penetrable.

Wickerman
No its been defined in colossus' stats, unlike wolverine's inconsistent events.

Comics revolve around the real world like it or not, but wolverine's adamantium hasn't, and it is an assumption, that has been proven wrong.

I'm not saying colossus can do it, I'm saying that it isn't a big hunk of metal thats unbelievably penetrable.

1. In my past post where i said "just like Cordera said" i meant Creshosk....sorry....tired.

2. Stats that you find either online or in manuals, are also derived from their feats. The fact that they're clear in Colossus' entry and they're not in Logan's entry may very well be stupidity of those writing the stats.

~wickerman~

Tha C-Master
1. In my past post where i said "just like Cordera said" i meant Creshosk....sorry....tired.

2. Stats that you find either online or in manuals, are also derived from their feats. The fact that they're clear in Colossus' entry and they're not in Logan's entry may very well be stupidity of those writing the stats.

~wickerman~

The feats that contradict themselves, not based on human anatomy, not that colossus could/couldn't do it, its that his skeleton can be charged, and it can be ripped out of his socket, and that logan said so, and that there are plates to his head...

Thats why... smokin'

Wickerman
The feats that contradict themselves, not based on human anatomy, not that colossus could/couldn't do it, its that his skeleton can be charged, and it can be ripped out of his socket, and that logan said so, and that there are plates to his head...

Thats why... smokin'

Well yes, but initially you said that "if its defined within his powers cool".

All i'm trying to say is that regardless of what a statbook says, there have been plenty of occassions where Logan has been shown to not "lose" his bones so to say, giving the whole "ripping out arms because of cartilage notbeing bonded, etc. etc." argument a big problem. Therefore, it's only a logical deduction that it's defined within his CHARACTER, not powers (i'll give you that) to not have his arms/limbs ripped out via force, due to non-bonding of cartilages, ligaments, etc. etc.

I distinctly remember Logan also saying if he takes a strong enough beating he can die, but i've never seen that happen either, and he's taken pretty strong beatings sad . That's why i take feats into consideration more than what characters say, or what statbooks say. Statbooks might be based off feats, but they can often make mistakes.

And smoking kills cry

*lights another Marlboro red* droolio

ps: while this discussion on wolverine's bodily functions and how his character ignores the powers he's supposed to have and whether that should be canon or not is really interesting, it's also really off topic. Sure, Wolvie and Sabes can be very similar, but i think we're taking it a bit too far no

~wickerman~

Tha C-Master
Well yes, but initially you said that "if its defined within his powers cool".

All i'm trying to say is that regardless of what a statbook says, there have been plenty of occassions where Logan has been shown to not "lose" his bones so to say, giving the whole "ripping out arms because of cartilage notbeing bonded, etc. etc." argument a big problem. Therefore, it's only a logical deduction that it's defined within his CHARACTER, not powers (i'll give you that) to not have his arms/limbs ripped out via force, due to non-bonding of cartilages, ligaments, etc. etc.

I distinctly remember Logan also saying if he takes a strong enough beating he can die, but i've never seen that happen either, and he's taken pretty strong beatings sad . That's why i take feats into consideration more than what characters say, or what statbooks say. Statbooks might be based off feats, but they can often make mistakes.

And smoking kills cry

*lights another Marlboro red* droolio

ps: while this discussion on wolverine's bodily functions and how his character ignores the powers he's supposed to have and whether that should be canon or not is really interesting, it's also really off topic. Sure, Wolvie and Sabes can be very similar, but i think we're taking it a bit too far no

~wickerman~

Logan can lose his organs, and die easier than it seems, he takes damage within a human rate.

Now if storm can fly, she can.

You are saying the same thing as I, it takes alot, but you have showings that haven't shown it done.

You also can't GAUGe the hits being delivered, just because a class 100 hit them, doesn't mean its a class 100 blow, in fact it rarely does...

Wickerman
Logan can lose his organs, and die easier than it seems, he takes damage within a human rate.

Now if storm can fly, she can.

You are saying the same thing as I, it takes alot, but you have showings that haven't shown it done.

You also can't GAUGe the hits being delivered, just because a class 100 hit them, doesn't mean its a class 100 blow, in fact it rarely does...

It seems we agree.

Now, let's get nekkid and run backwards in a corn field eek!

~wickerman~

Creshosk

You also can't GAUGe the hits being delivered, just because a class 100 hit them, doesn't mean its a class 100 blow, in fact it rarely does... You're not saying that Hulk pulls his punches again are you?

Tha C-Master
You're not saying that Hulk pulls his punches again are you?

Hulk that destroyed an asteroid, the hulk that bent adamantium.

I've heard of loving wolverine, but goodness.

Do you know comics have to look good?

Hulk has hit spiderman too, he's still around, point nullified...

roughrider
I said it in Thing/Sabretooth line, I'll say it again: Sabretooth is the most deserving Marvel character of being gagged and sodomized; sick of his drooling "Tasty, Bub" face. evil face
Colossus knocks him down, kneels on his chest and proceeds to punch him repeatedly for a half-hour, until he is wet chunks on the floorboards!

He can do it - he is MADE OF RAGE!!! yes

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by roughrider
I said it in Thing/Sabretooth line, I'll say it again: Sabretooth is the most deserving Marvel character of being gagged and sodomized; sick of his drooling "Tasty, Bub" face. evil face
Colossus knocks him down, kneels on his chest and proceeds to punch him repeatedly for a half-hour, until he is wet chunks on the floorboards!

He can do it - he is MADE OF RAGE!!! yes big grin

Creshosk
Hulk that destroyed an asteroid, the hulk that bent adamantium.

I've heard of loving wolverine, but goodness.

Do you know comics have to look good?

Hulk has hit spiderman too, he's still around, point nullified...

So Savage Hulk, Mr "HULK SMASH!" pulls his punches?

Or does he start off weaker and get stronger as he gets angrier, and the times when Spiderman and Wolverine have been hit was before he got angrier?

Adamantium alloy actually.

Tha C-Master
So Savage Hulk, Mr "HULK SMASH!" pulls his punches?

Or does he start off weaker and get stronger as he gets angrier, and the times when Spiderman and Wolverine have been hit was before he got angrier?

Adamantium alloy actually.

Cap broke his grip I might add...

Daredevil too, mere humans...

What about the cosmic cube, hulk did that...

My point is they don't ALWAYS hit their hardest, none of them, or there would be no comic.

Creshosk
Cap broke his grip I might add...

Daredevil too, mere humans...

What about the cosmic cube, hulk did that...

My point is they don't ALWAYS hit their hardest, none of them, or there would be no comic. Yeah, hulk gets stronger as he gets angrier. He doesn't start off at omnipotent levels of strength.

Tha C-Master
Yeah, hulk gets stronger as he gets angrier. He doesn't start off at omnipotent levels of strength.

Spiderman can fatally injure dd with one punch, cap isn't strong enough to break hulk's grip, who I remember starts at 70 tonnes.(tons) edit...

Comic look goodness is there, and we must take it out for everyone. Its all I'm trying to say, I'm not saying colossus can do it, I'm saying it can be done...

Creshosk
Spiderman can fatally injure dd with one punch, cap isn't strong enough to break hulk's grip, who I remember starts at 70 tonnes.(tons) edit...

Comic look goodness is there, and we must take it out for everyone. Its all I'm trying to say, I'm not saying colossus can do it, I'm saying it can be done... So you're using events of PIS to try and discredit something that happens the majority of the time for another character?

Using different feats from what was originally inferred? confused

jinzin
uggggh roll eyes (sarcastic)

lets just leave it at this...

COMIC BOOK LOGIC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>real world logic (in a comic book)

a guy already tried to disconnect wolverine's bones from their sockets..it didn't work. it's not working here..nuff said...really..

i get that his skeleton doens't make sense..and that's why it's in a comic book, not some non-fiction form of literature...

Tha C-Master
So you're using events of PIS to try and discredit something that happens the majority of the time for another character?

Using different feats from what was originally inferred? confused

How is that PIS?

Listen you are saying hulk never does this or that, but whenever two heroes/icons fight, it happens to make the comic look good.

Many other guys have fought hulk besides wolverine ( who he shouldn't be cutting by the way), and have been hit and survived.

Its pis for all of them, just like angry superman punching batman, there has to be logic at this point....

Tha C-Master
uggggh roll eyes (sarcastic)

lets just leave it at this...

COMIC BOOK LOGIC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>real world logic (in a comic book)

a guy already tried to disconnect wolverine's bones from their sockets..it didn't work. it's not working here..nuff said...really..

i get that his skeleton doens't make sense..and that's why it's in a comic book, not some non-fiction form of literature...

You still don't know what logic is do you?

You sit here and try to use what supports you all the time...

Comic book logic dictates that spiderman beat firelord, wolverine beat lobo, elecktra is fiercer than wolverine, spiderman can beat wolverine and break his neck, spiderman can beat the xmen, AND the fantastic four.

It also says that hulk can lift 150 billion tons of weight in pure calm, that wolverine can fall from a cup of tea, that galactus can't beat phoenix(lol).

Please be objective, and put stuff together, AND NOT WHEN ITS ALWAYS IN YOUR ADVANTAGE.

Nice discussion cresh, I must leave for now...

Creshosk
How is that PIS? Cap breaking his grip?

Cap broke his grip, Hulk starts at 70 tons . . . You tell me.

Listen you are saying hulk never does this or that, but whenever two heroes/icons fight, it happens to make the comic look good. Including before they were icons? Hmm . . .

Many other guys have fought hulk besides wolverine ( who he shouldn't be cutting by the way), and have been hit and survived. I still don't see the whole "he shouldn't be cutting" thing. Razor sharp things can cut with little to no effort. Focused to a point of an nigh unbreakable material and you need little to no strength. Razor sharp adamantium can cut through steel and titanium like a hot knife through butter. . . Remember?

Its pis for all of them, just like angry superman punching batman, there has to be logic at this point.... Wolverine's is PIS? Even though that's what happens the majority of the time? erm

Creshosk
You still don't know what logic is do you? I explained above what logic was and still you use this attack on people that disagree with you?

You sit here and try to use what supports you all the time... And what supports you, as I use what supports me. as anyone uses what supports them in a debate.

Comic book logic dictates that spiderman beat firelord, wolverine beat lobo, elecktra is fiercer than wolverine, spiderman can beat wolverine and break his neck, spiderman can beat the xmen, AND the fantastic four. That's why as Wickerman said, real world physics have little (not no) place in comic book debates. Actually Spiderman didn't beat the X-Men back then either. He beat the X-men (minus Xavier) who were holding back. . .

It also says that hulk can lift 150 billion tons of weight in pure calm, that wolverine can fall from a cup of tea, that galactus can't beat phoenix(lol). Poisoned tea. . .

Please be objective, and put stuff together, AND NOT WHEN ITS ALWAYS IN YOUR ADVANTAGE. But everyone does that. . . everyone.

Nice discussion cresh, I must leave for now... Take care.

Wickerman
Wolverine's is PIS? Even though that's what happens the majority of the time? erm

I think he means that since he does things outside his abilities, that's PIS. His abilities however should be based on feats. There's a vicious circle in there of whether by applying PIS consistently it no longer becomes PIS and just fact, or not.

~wickerman~

jinzin
I think he means that since he does things outside his abilities, that's PIS. His abilities however should be based on feats. There's a vicious circle in there of whether by applying PIS consistently it no longer becomes PIS and just fact, or not.

~wickerman~

welcome to the circular argument that is cordera...enjoy your stay...you'll being going in circles for a while.

Tha C-Master
Cap breaking his grip?

Cap broke his grip, Hulk starts at 70 tons . . . You tell me.

Including before they were icons? Hmm . . .

I still don't see the whole "he shouldn't be cutting" thing. Razor sharp things can cut with little to no effort. Focused to a point of an nigh unbreakable material and you need little to no strength. Razor sharp adamantium can cut through steel and titanium like a hot knife through butter. . . Remember?

Wolverine's is PIS? Even though that's what happens the majority of the time? erm

Take a really sharp kitchen knife and cut a can, now pretend that can is metal from top to bottom.

You need strength and leverage to cut.

Wolverine taking his blows are ps nonetheless, and not falling out...

Onikirimaru

~wickerman~

THats a point I was trying to make with the whole "Wolverine Logic" thing. By his power's definition, he shouldnt be able to do all of the feats that he has done. So you venture into a grey area with him. Sometimes he heals instantly, some times he doesnt. He cant have his joints dislocated, dont know why. (They probably could fix it in one sentance in the comic book if they wanted) just what is his strength level, etc etc. I can look at that and say "Thats just Wolvie fan fueled Marvel stupidity"someone else says "Thats how Wolvie rolls, he's that good, he does this all the time, it HAS to be true"

Wickerman
welcome to the circular argument that is cordera...enjoy your stay...you'll being going in circles for a while.

No personal attacks man nono

I myself think it's a nasty crap-ass debate, and to tell you the truth, it gives me headaches. Soooo.......i would normally avoid wolverine/sabertooth threads, seeing as how they involve a certain amount of brain processing, and i usually come in this forum quite tired.

~wickerman~

Tha C-Master
I explained above what logic was and still you use this attack on people that disagree with you?

And what supports you, as I use what supports me. as anyone uses what supports them in a debate.

That's why as Wickerman said, real world physics have little (not no) place in comic book debates. Actually Spiderman didn't beat the X-Men back then either. He beat the X-men (minus Xavier) who were holding back. . .

Poisoned tea. . .

But everyone does that. . . everyone.

Take care.

he's saying that its REAL WORLD LOGIC, and I wasn't talking about that, jinzin has problems understanding stuff because hes so presumptious it gets annoying, especially since he isn't new here.

As for supporting, don't overlook evidence to the contrary, there are many types of evidence to the contrary.

conclusion, unless you can find where its a HUNKING PIECE OF METAL, then why are you saying that its true?

Wickerman
THats a point I was trying to make with the whole "Wolverine Logic" thing. By his power's definition, he shouldnt be able to do all of the feats that he has done. So you venture into a grey area with him. Sometimes he heals instantly, some times he doesnt. He cant have his joints dislocated, dont know why. (They probably could fix it in one sentance in the comic book if they wanted) just what is his strength level, etc etc. I can look at that and say "Thats just Wolvie fan fueled Marvel stupidity"someone else says "Thats how Wolvie rolls, he's that good, he does this all the time, it HAS to be true"

See post above laughing out loud

yes, i agree.

~wickerman~

Tha C-Master

~wickerman~

No it should be on intangibles, you and I can make a list a mile long on who beat who, can we.

Take out the plot devices and the HERO factor, and go by that logic.

We had this discussion over human torch, does he go nova on good guys to kill him, no.

Can he, yes.

Or why flash gets hit by boomerangs....

Creshosk
Take a really sharp kitchen knife and cut a can, now pretend that can is metal from top to bottom.

You need strength and leverage to cut. Unless the knife is sharp enough and just glides right through the can, as some of my faveorite knives around here do. I mean they just go right through aluminum and tin cans like they weren't there.

Wolverine taking his blows are ps nonetheless Even though he does it the majority of the time? erm

Why? blink

, and not falling out... Eh?

Tha C-Master
Unless the knife is sharp enough and just glides right through the can, as some of my faveorite knives around here do. I mean they just go right through aluminum and tin cans like they weren't there.

Even though he does it the majority of the time? erm

Why? blink

Eh?

because it doesn't make sense, hulk has hit many, many characters and they've stood up.

Flash gets hit often too, are you getting my point now...

Creshosk
he's saying that its REAL WORLD LOGIC, and I wasn't talking about that, jinzin has problems understanding stuff because hes so presumptious it gets annoying, especially since he isn't new here. so it'd be better to be presumptius if he was new?

As for supporting, don't overlook evidence to the contrary, there are many types of evidence to the contrary. So your saying that PIS is valid evidence against what happens most of the time?

conclusion, unless you can find where its a HUNKING PIECE OF METAL, then why are you saying that its true? Where what is? can you clearify this?

No it should be on intangibles, you and I can make a list a mile long on who beat who, can we.

We had this discussion over human torch, does he go nova on good guys to kill him, no.

Can he, yes.

Or why flash gets hit by boomerangs.... But that's not quite the same. . .Flash might get hit by the boomerang if he didn't see it. Like flash runs into forcefeilds if he doesn't see them and doesn't know about them. . .

Apples and oranges here. . .

jinzin
No personal attacks man nono

I myself think it's a nasty crap-ass debate, and to tell you the truth, it gives me headaches. Soooo.......i would normally avoid wolverine/sabertooth threads, seeing as how they involve a certain amount of brain processing, and i usually come in this forum quite tired.

~wickerman~

sorry but coming from a guy that just told me I have no grasp of logic because I simply share a difference of opinion...forgive me if I'm not exactly awake at night after making such "personal attacks" at least I'm not calling anybody around here nuttswingers.. laughing out loud

Creshosk
because it doesn't make sense, hulk has hit many, many characters and they've stood up.

Flash gets hit often too, are you getting my point now... What doesn't makes sense is that something happens the majority of the time, and then to say he can't do it.

It's like seeing a guy shoot a bullseye 90% of the time and then saying he can't do it again. THAT makes less sense than what you're saying.

That what Wolverine does the majority of the time is simply a plot device? erm

There's a difference between a personality flaw and an ability flaw. . .

Wickerman

Can he, yes.

Or why flash gets hit by boomerangs....

Ok, i'm tired, so i'm gonna give you a scenario so that i can understand what you're saying better.

You have a character. He has abilities A and B.
Now...the character wasn't popular at first.
Abilities A and B wouldn't make it able for him to fight another character and survive. However, he does. Let's call that PIS.
Still not being popular, the same character engages several more characters that should kill him given his abilities A and B, but they don't. He survives, even wins. Let's call that PIS too.
He eventually becomes popular. He now loses like...once a year, even though he keeps on fighting characters that should kill him given abilities A and B.

BUT the character has been shown during his entire career, that despite his abilities A and B that he can do those things. So then i come in the discussion and say that he's written consistently, and that even though he shouldn't be able to do those things, he DOES them. And so that we shouldn't be surprised if he does them again.

This is wrong, i understand. But it's fact. And so, can it then REALLY be considered that all of his career was one big PIS or that in time due to the constant writing he's had, the character now has ability C?

Now i see ability C as Wolverine's ability to take heavy hits from heavyweights.

~wickerman~

Wickerman
sorry but coming from a guy that just told me I have no grasp of logic because I simply share a difference of opinion...forgive me if I'm not exactly awake at night after making such "personal attacks" at least I'm not calling anybody around here nuttswingers.. laughing out loud

You never call me that, i know sad
But either way, both of you need to chill out.I like the both of you, and i hate i when the two of you argue. So both of you chill, or no more hawt luvin mhm

~wickerman~

jinzin
this is the argument that srank had with him in the wolverine spiderman thread all over again.

*wolverine is pis

-even though he does this stuff all the time?

*remember that one time a street level hit him (while he wasn't looking) and won the fight?

-as opposed to the 20 odd times wolverine beat that street level before and afterwards? as opposed to the even more numerous times he's taken down tougher opponents?

*you don't get logic

-sure I do but comic book logic differs from real world logic

*you're a fanboy

-cause I share a differing viewpoint?

*flash and bommerangs! yadda yadda yadda

-What the f**k?

* you think wolverine can beat blah blah blah...

-those are argument's I've never made huh

* I just owned you

*good job

*thank you

-why are you patting yourself on the back?

*you think wolverine can kill the ocean floor!...

every argument ever posted by (insert assumption here) I think you all know who I'm talking about. wink

jinzin
You never call me that, i know sad
But either way, both of you need to chill out.I like the both of you, and i hate i when the two of you argue. So both of you chill, or no more hawt luvin mhm

~wickerman~

arguing? I'd have to take his arse off ignore to argue with him... if he's still stuck in the rutt of responding to my post when I can't see him..well....

Wickerman
arguing? I'd have to take his arse off ignore to argue with him... if he's still stuck in the rutt of responding to my post when I can't see him..well....

ooooookay.......how's about we just discuss characters and no more personal references before i get pissed and bring Mainstream into the thread and ask him to flood the thread with .wmv's of Apocalypse's "I am destiny, look unto me for i hold bla bla bla" speeches.......and i WILL....... shifty

~wickerman~

jinzin
ooooookay.......how's about we just discuss characters and no more personal references before i get pissed and bring Mainstream into the thread and ask him to flood the thread with .wmv's of Apocalypse's "I am destiny, look unto me for i hold bla bla bla" speeches.......and i WILL....... shifty

~wickerman~

laughing out loud

Wickerman
laughing out loud

Laugh all you want funnyboy......you KNOW you fear that prospect shifty

~wickerman~

Creshosk
-sure I do but comic book logic differs from real world logic Actually as I've been trying to get this changed to be more technically accurate.

There is no "comic book logic" or "real world logic". . . Logic is just a tool for processing data. Comic book data and real world data are different, but are processed by the same tool.

If you are trying to get a "real world" output, you use "real world" data.
If you are trying to get a "comic world" output, as we are, you use "comic world" data. However you temper this with real world data to fill in what is not known, but real world data should never be used where comic book data already exists. However, to blend the two you should use comic world data to chose what bits of real world data are useable as well.

jinzin
Laugh all you want funnyboy......you KNOW you fear that prospect shifty

~wickerman~

I love mainstream....do it anyways...

jinzin
Actually as I've been trying to get this changed to be more technically accurate.

There is no "comic book logic" or "real world logic". . . Logic is just a tool for processing data. Comic book data and real world data are different, but are processed by the same tool.

If you are trying to get a "real world" output, you use "real world" data.
If you are trying to get a "comic world" output, as we are, you use "comic world" data. However you temper this with real world data to fill in what is not known, but real world data should never be used where comic book data already exists. However, to blend the two you should use comic world data to chose what bits of real world data are useable as well.

hmm good point...but I wasn't making a statement..rather...a joke.

although I still don't think that quote wuld be wrong..

you 've kind of just supported it by saying that both real world and comic book logic are derived from their own different sets of evidence, thus comic book logic STILL differs from real world logic.

but yes, I understand it's more equated as a tool to reach a conclussion rather than the conclussion itself.

Creshosk
hmm good point...but I wasn't making a statement..rather...a joke. Yeah, but I found another excuse to try and set things straight. stick out tongue

you 've kind of just supported it by saying that both real world and comic book logic are derived from their own different sets of evidence, thus comic book logic STILL differs from real world logic.

but yes, I understand it's more equated as a tool to reach a conclussion rather than the conclussion itself.

*New Definitions Appear*
"Comic Book Logic": Logic that is processing Comic Book Data.

"Real World Logic": Logic that is processing Real World Data.

Well would you look at that no expression

jinzin
hmm good point...but I wasn't making a statement..rather...a joke.

Wickerman
Yeah, but I found another excuse to try and set things straight. stick out tongue

*New Definitions Appear*
"Comic Book Logic": Logic that is processing Comic Book Data.

"Real World Logic": Logic that is processing Real World Data.

Well would you look at that no expression

I saw you posted, then i saw jinzin posted, and i said to myself: "Don't go back into the thread.....the headache will just come back.....don't do it...."

But did i listen to myself? Of course not. You're two heartless bastards!!!!!

~wickerman~

jinzin
I saw you posted, then i saw jinzin posted, and i said to myself: "Don't go back into the thread.....the headache will just come back.....don't do it...."

But did i listen to myself? Of course not. You're two heartless bastards!!!!!

~wickerman~

laughing out loud

Tha C-Master
What doesn't makes sense is that something happens the majority of the time, and then to say he can't do it.

It's like seeing a guy shoot a bullseye 90% of the time and then saying he can't do it again. THAT makes less sense than what you're saying.

That what Wolverine does the majority of the time is simply a plot device? erm

There's a difference between a personality flaw and an ability flaw. . . flash getting hit all the time?

Its not that wolverine can't do it, its more of the comic looking good, I don't see your point...

this is the argument that srank had with him in the wolverine spiderman thread all over again.

*wolverine is pis

-even though he does this stuff all the time?

*remember that one time a street level hit him (while he wasn't looking) and won the fight?

-as opposed to the 20 odd times wolverine beat that street level before and afterwards? as opposed to the even more numerous times he's taken down tougher opponents?

*you don't get logic

-sure I do but comic book logic differs from real world logic

*you're a fanboy

-cause I share a differing viewpoint?

*flash and bommerangs! yadda yadda yadda

-What the f**k?

* you think wolverine can beat blah blah blah...

-those are argument's I've never made huh

* I just owned you

*good job

*thank you

-why are you patting yourself on the back?

*you think wolverine can kill the ocean floor!...

every argument ever posted by (insert assumption here) I think you all know who I'm talking about. wink

The discussion was that wolverine was a plot device based on the fact his healing fluctuates to.

You are pointing out things that go outside of his abilities, srank thinks wolverine can beat godzilla, you think he can beat metallo.

Comments like

"wolverine can jump 50 feet high"

"wolverine can move faster than the speed of sound"

"wolverine is immune to leverage"

"wolverine is immune to inertia"

"wolverine is faster than spiderman"

"batman hits HARDER than spiderman"

"wolverine takes hits from the hulk, so NOONE can hurt him"

Then someone disagrees with their fanboy rantings..

" you guys hate wolverine, and you NEVER read his books"

one of his buddies come in, "you are the best, and cordera is a jew"

srank didn't even beat my last post and jinzin just ignored them

He always uses pis/cis all the time, wolverine captured odin, wolverine gutted silver surfer.

EVERYONE knows it by now, its his reputation, its board knowledge.

Tha C-Master

Actually your cheap posts and insults just make you childish if anything, you are just bitter from getting beat so much, even the mods know... smile

Tha C-Master
so it'd be better to be presumptius if he was new? more understandable

So your saying that PIS is valid evidence against what happens most of the time?

Stop this, you are taking this out of context because I was correct.

You said: savage hulk hits his hardest, ALWAYS.

I said: why do so many characters survive it.

conclusion: COMICS MUST LOOK GOOD, and popularity comes first.

But that's not quite the same. . .Flash might get hit by the boomerang if he didn't see it. Like flash runs into forcefeilds if he doesn't see them and doesn't know about them. . .

How is it not the same, flash should almost NEVER get hit, its for the comic to look good.

Apples and oranges here. . .

100 vs 10

Cosmo Kramer
Sabertooth has adamantium he wins.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Cosmo Kramer
Sabertooth has adamantium he wins.

I liked your posts better when you were banned shifty

~wickerman~

Tha C-Master
I liked your posts better when you were banned shifty

~wickerman~ He got banned acting like jinzin and merc to be exact...

Wickerman
He got banned acting like jinzin and merc to be exact...

I don't know about that, but i've seen/read/spoken to jinzin and merc plenty of times, long enough to know they would never, no matter how biased or whatever they are, make a statement like "Sabertooth has adamantium, he wins". They may try to bend the truth, bla bla bla, but at least they do it intricately. wink

~wickerman~

Tha C-Master
I don't know about that, but i've seen/read/spoken to jinzin and merc plenty of times, long enough to know they would never, no matter how biased or whatever they are, make a statement like "Sabertooth has adamantium, he wins". They may try to bend the truth, bla bla bla, but at least they do it intricately. wink

~wickerman~ I'll pm you what I'm talking about...

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>