Prometheus versus Taskmaster.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Spelljammer
I remember Prometheus as the criminal mastermind who developed a computer that was connected to his helmet that after seeing anybody fight could emulate thier fighting abilities exactly.

Taskmaster has that as an innate ability.

Prometheus is also hella badass, managed to out manuever the entire JLA and has a cool club.

Taskmaster has the weapon likeness of several avengers and is amazingly cool.

Let's assume for this battle Prometheus was smart enough to wear a cup. Who wins? stick out tongue

Draco69
Originally posted by Spelljammer
I remember Prometheus as the criminal mastermind who developed a computer that was connected to his helmet that after seeing anybody fight could emulate thier fighting abilities exactly.

Taskmaster has that as an innate ability.

Prometheus is also hella badass, managed to out manuever the entire JLA and has a cool club.

Taskmaster has the weapon likeness of several avengers and is amazingly cool.

Let's assume for this battle Prometheus was smart enough to wear a cup. Who wins? stick out tongue

I've lost ALL respect for Prometheus after his low showings. But Morrison Prometheus would be a very good fight.

chilled monkey
I don't know much about Taskmaster, so I'll say Prometheus. Anyone who can take down the JLA single-handed is not someone you want to mess with.

Thing is Taskmaster copies the moves of anyone he's seen. So doesn't that mean his moves will be predictable? For example, Captain America would say "I know this pattern", anticipate his moves and WHAM, Taskmaster down.

Prometheus may have the same problem, unless his computerised helmet has some sort of combat algorithms installed to make his moves less predictable.

8bitChris
Taskmaster knows thousands of different styles and doesn't just pick out one to use. I doubt there would be any pattern to pick up.

With that said, Anyone who can take the the JLA single-handedly is not someone you want to mess with. smile

dominic/wolf
task wins becuse he knows thousands of fighting styles and he can switch for one to the other so as soon as he figues out a pattern he just switches to another there for prometheus will lose

brainchild81
Taskmaster wins.

Scoobless
Taskmaster's more recent appearances have shown that he has developed the ability to move at 2x peak human speeds

i'll side with him over Prometheus

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Scoobless
Taskmaster's more recent appearances have shown that he has developed the ability to move at 2x peak human speeds

i'll side with him over Prometheus

promethius tech is superior

Scoobless
Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
promethius tech is superior

yes, but Tasky could just shoot him in the face before he reacts

stick out tongue

Whirlysplatt

stick out tongue possibly, but I think the flashing lights etc would slow taskmaster down, remember his skills are stolen smile

Juntai
Prometeus.

brainchild81

stick out tongue Ditto. Tasky's got too much going for him here. His skills are in him, not some helmet. The double speed thing tips the balance here. Fight starts. Tasky shoots him in the face. Fight ends.

xmarksthespot
Taskmaster more often than not.

grey fox
Hmmmmm i wonder if taskmaster could copy supes power of flight (since it's supposedly his pure force of will allowing him to do it)

MERCILOUS
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t349599.html

chilled monkey
Originally posted by 8bitChris
Taskmaster knows thousands of different styles and doesn't just pick out one to use. I doubt there would be any pattern to pick up.

With that said, Anyone who can take the the JLA single-handedly is not someone you want to mess with. smile

What I meant was that Taskmaster doesn't really learn skills does he? He just copies what he's observed. For example, let's say he watches some video footage of Captain America fighting. He can then copy that, but (if I understand correctly) he can only do the moves he's seen on the tape and in the same sequence as he observed them. It would be the same with anyone else, he could only repeat whatever sequence of moves he had seen.

That's what I meant by his moves being predictable. He doesn't have the same kind of understanding as someone who has really studied particular fighting styles.

Warmonger
Originally posted by chilled monkey
What I meant was that Taskmaster doesn't really learn skills does he? He just copies what he's observed. For example, let's say he watches some video footage of Captain America fighting. He can then copy that, but (if I understand correctly) he can only do the moves he's seen on the tape and in the same sequence as he observed them. It would be the same with anyone else, he could only repeat whatever sequence of moves he had seen.

That's what I meant by his moves being predictable. He doesn't have the same kind of understanding as someone who has really studied particular fighting styles.

Not ture Taskmaster leawrns their fighting style almost immediately. So in a sense yes he has to throw the punch the exact same way Captain America threw it but that doesn't mean he has to follow it with an attack Cap then used he can just as easily witch to the Swordsman, or Wolverinve, or anyone from move to move to move.

K3VIL
Originally posted by grey fox
Hmmmmm i wonder if taskmaster could copy supes power of flight (since it's supposedly his pure force of will allowing him to do it)
TM has photographic memory and mimic reflexes, plus an innhate agility and olympic level/peak human physical condition.
But he can't do that.Sure he can absorb in his mind Supes manouvers so if he obtains flight power he'll be also an exper aerial combatant.

Warrior18
Bump

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by chilled monkey

Taskmaster has swapped between fighting styles in the middle of fighting, meaning he's not predictable at all, as he can swap between over 2 dozen different hero's/villains and swap between nearly every armed and unarmed fighting style.

And as Scoob said, he could just double speed and shoot Prom in the face.

Milkie
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Taskmaster has swapped between fighting styles in the middle of fighting, meaning he's not predictable at all, as he can swap between over 2 dozen different hero's/villains and swap between nearly every armed and unarmed fighting style.

And as Scoob said, he could just double speed and shoot Prom in the face.

Yeah and I'm pretty he could mix up their fighting styles also.

fangirl101
Task Master. Prometheus can only fight with what he's been programmed with. Tasky could leanr Prometheus's styles while they are fighting.

complexbrother
Taskmaster has this one.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.