Superman's Heat Vision vs. Cyclops' Optic Blast

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheKahn
This is an old western' duel. They stand 20 paces apart at noon and let it rip. Who has the mightest eyeballs? (ps: no splashback damage) Feel free to throw anyone else with special vision as well.

Maestro
Supermans Heat visions, better feats for it.

colossus17
umm thats stupid........as shit

1. superman fires heat vision.....which is kindaa like a laser /plasma in burns through things, what cyclops fires is nothing more then force.....
2.....if cyke lets go it will maybe drive sups back a few feet
but one small shot from sups will burn cyclops to the ground

yahman
Originally posted by TheKahn
This is an old western' duel. They stand 20 paces apart at noon and let it rip. Who has the mightest eyeballs? (ps: no splashback damage) Feel free to throw anyone else with special vision as well.

Been done before. Sorry mate but someone had to tell ya. cool

Umm heat Vision is on another Level. Its kinda like a punch from Spiderman compared to a punch from Thor.

Wickerman
It's been done.

CLICK ME OR DIE

~wickerman~

TheKahn
sorry, didn't mean to repeat

jplatinum
Depends does cyclops have on his visor.
If he does he looses, if he doesn't he still looses.
He just won't loose as fast.

Gallager: " Black gallager ain't goin' out like no punk *****! Pow Pow!"

laughing laughing

Wickerman
sorry, didn't mean to repeat

No problem dude.

Here's another interesting little attribute of Heat Vision that is quite recent. Apparently it can deflect Omega Beams confused
Barf much?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4832533

~wickerman~

TheKahn
Thanks Wickerman

Wickerman
Thanks Wickerman

No problem. The picture was initially posted by KgKg. All merit goes to him thumb up

~wickerman~

supremthor
can cyclops do dis with his heat vision

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by supremthor
can cyclops do dis with his heat vision

Wonder what he would do if he was pissed or sundipped... big grin

Magic_attack
I thought Cyclops had an optic blast? The beams from his eyes were more like a pushing force, rather than a heat vision.

joeman2
Superman onced used his heat vision to prevent the planet to be become another ice-age. It is postulated that Superman's heat-vision is as hot as the sun itself. Cyclops blasts are good, and can shatter mountains, but it isn't going to help against a person who can't get stratched by an explosion that is suppose to take out the moon.

peejayd
* the battle is between both the heroes' powers, and not themselves.
* Superman's HEAT VISION against Cyclops' OPTIC BLASTS

* difference:

Optic Blast is more of a concussive force than heat, although the source of it is solar energy. Scott even once prevented fire from burning a house by his blasts. but can be done with stunning accuracy, precision and concentration: Cyke once fired a sharp blast that slices a monster in half. can melt steel as powerful as adamantium (Cyke fried Wolverine hand's on an alternate timeline). the most powerful blast of Cyke, i think, was when his blast cracks Onslaught's (reborn) armor.

Heat Vision is heat, powerfully discharged by a Kryptonian, can prevent another planet from turning into Ice Age, and can deflect omega blasts. very powerful, in a vast different level.

* Cyke's optic blasts goes way more powerful than any kind of energy but its way out of Superman's heat vision's league. Cyke will put much of a fight but this goes to Supes.

K3VIL
Originally posted by peejayd

* difference:

Optic Blast is more of a concussive force than heat, although the source of it is solar energy. Scott even once prevented fire from burning a house by his blasts. but can be done with stunning accuracy, precision and concentration: Cyke once fired a sharp blast that slices a monster in half. can melt steel as powerful as adamantium (Cyke fried Wolverine hand's on an alternate timeline). the most powerful blast of Cyke, i think, was when his blast cracks Onslaught's (reborn) armor.

Heat Vision is heat, powerfully discharged by a Kryptonian, can prevent another planet from turning into Ice Age, and can deflect omega blasts. very powerful, in a vast different level.

* Cyke's optic blasts goes way more powerful than any kind of energy but its way out of Superman's heat vision's league. Cyke will put much of a fight but this goes to Supes.
Heat Vision is a blast of force plus heat.
It's a form or pyrokinesis, it's a force blast with heat effect, it can melt, it can make explode, it's far above Cyke's blast.

Fanboy
Originally posted by K3VIL
Heat Vision is a blast of force plus heat.
It's a form or pyrokinesis, it's a force blast with heat effect, it can melt, it can make explode, it's far above Cyke's blast.

Damn right it can.

Solidus Snake
i agree with ^^

ZephroCarnelian
Yup.

Looks like everything's under control here.

mobile

Spelljammer
I think Cyclops should win simply because it's his only power, everyone sucks compared to Superman, not only is he the best at everything, but then you got to wonder why guys like Hawkman don't just fly in the air and let themselves drop to an untimely death..

Still think the entire X-verse should be it's own comic continuaty outside of Marvel comics..

Creshosk
http://images3.deviantart.com/i/2004/183/f/9/SvGp12_english.jpg
http://images3.deviantart.com/i/2004/183/f/9/SvGp14_english.jpg

Wickerman

* difference:

As K3vil and others have already mentioned, Superman's heat vision can also be used as a concussive force blast. I also have two more problems with your post:

1. the whole "melting adamantium thing" is number one. The way i see it, the adamantium wasn't melted, seeing as how that would be incredibly inconsistent, and crap. Cyke doesn't...."melt" adamantium, and adamantium doesn't melt. It was disjoining the bones with a brecise shot that had incredible force, given the pressure in such a small fascicle.

2. Cyke's optic blast is NOT more powerful than any kind of energy as you may say it, not in the MU, and not in the DCU. Show me where his blast hurt Apocalypse, and i'll show you where Magneto's energy manipulation or Black Bolt's scream HAVE indeed.

ps: Creshosk, second image not working for me sad

~wickerman~

roughrider
Originally posted by Wickerman
No problem dude.

Here's another interesting little attribute of Heat Vision that is quite recent. Apparently it can deflect Omega Beams confused
Barf much?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4832533

~wickerman~

(Sighs) That's great, just wonderful. Now he can deflect Omega beams with his eyes. I'm sure he's also a world class chef, knitter and gardener! They power up Superman so much it makes me sick. Why, I suppose he could enter the Marvel Universe and destroy the Avengers with fireballs from his eyes, and take out Galactus with bolts of lightning from his ass! (Oops, giving DC brass ideas!) mad

Wickerman
Originally posted by roughrider
(Sighs) That's great, just wonderful. Now he can deflect Omega beams with his eyes. I'm sure he's also a world class chef, knitter and gardener! They power up Superman so much it makes me sick. Why, I suppose he could enter the Marvel Universe and destroy the Avengers with fireballs from his eyes, and take out Galactus with bolts of lightning from his ass! (Oops, giving DC brass ideas!) mad

I was gonna say that you're giving DC ideas as well laughing out loud

However, pretty much anyone can defeat Darkseid nowadays, so i'm not surprised that his biggest foe can. Also, while people keep claiming how he's over amped, and everything, Supes IS SUPER man. He's always been incredible, it's his job. As for destroying the Avengers, i'm pretty sure he could do it without the use of fireballs wink

~wickerman~

Juntai
(Sighs) That's great, just wonderful. Now he can deflect Omega beams with his eyes. I'm sure he's also a world class chef, knitter and gardener! They power up Superman so much it makes me sick. Why, I suppose he could enter the Marvel Universe and destroy the Avengers with fireballs from his eyes, and take out Galactus with bolts of lightning from his ass! (Oops, giving DC brass ideas!) mad the heat vision is one of his dopest moves... A few years ago I coulda said a lot of people could match Supes, but now it's like he pushes the limit every issue, it's crazy.

darkfan76
Originally posted by Juntai
the heat vision is one of his dopest moves... A few years ago I coulda said a lot of people could match Supes, but now it's like he pushes the limit every issue, it's crazy.

It's not crazy.. He's superman! All Marvel lovers' aways say Supes it too overrated and too overpowered. Well, we can say the same about Silver Surfer, Galactus, Thanos, Thor... etc.. Even Dr. Doom, who has not powers, but the amount of technology and scientific knowledge he has in comics, is just ridiculous.... He could have conquered or destroyed MU a long time ago easily.... Marvel is cool, as well as many of their characters, but DC in the last 15 year is clearly superior, in plots, characters, animated series and movies... I'm not saying Marvel is bad.. Just DC is better wink .. quantity doesn't mean quality Happy Dance

jplatinum
Superman has too option in this one.
1. He can overpower cyclops' beam.
2. He can cut through the beam.
Either way the boy scout in the cape still wins.

Wickerman
Originally posted by jplatinum
Superman has too option in this one.
1. He can overpower cyclops' beam.
2. He can cut through the beam.
Either way the boy scout in the cape still wins.

The discussion isn't about the characters fighting, it's about the potency of their powers.
But yeah, you're right.

~wickerman~

pr1983
Superman... just too much power...

roughrider
Originally posted by darkfan76
It's not crazy.. He's superman! All Marvel lovers' aways say Supes it too overrated and too overpowered. Well, we can say the same about Silver Surfer, Galactus, Thanos, Thor... etc.. Even Dr. Doom, who has not powers, but the amount of technology and scientific knowledge he has in comics, is just ridiculous.... He could have conquered or destroyed MU a long time ago easily.... Marvel is cool, as well as many of their characters, but DC in the last 15 year is clearly superior, in plots, characters, animated series and movies... I'm not saying Marvel is bad.. Just DC is better wink .. quantity doesn't mean quality Happy Dance

I mean he used to have to run or fly away from the Omega Beams; now heat vision can do it, for f**k's sake! That would be more plausible if it was Cyclops' blast at least.

roughrider
DC movies better in last 15 years? ( Batman Forvever & Batman & Robin, Catwoman, Constantine) Wanna retract that?

Wickerman
I mean he used to have to run or fly away from the Omega Beams; now heat vision can do it, for f**k's sake! That would be more plausible if it was Cyclops' blast at least.

Disgusting, yes. Cyclops doing it sounding better, **** no. WTF? Cyke wouldn't have a chance in hell of deflecting the Omega Beams. Supermans' heat vision is not just heat, but also concussive force. It's what Cyke has, on a higher scale and with more versatility. So cyke managing to do it would indeed sound extremely silly. Almost as silly as Supes deflecting it no

~wickerman~

jplatinum
Thanks wickerman.
We finally agree on something.
Peace.

Creshosk

~wickerman~

http://images3.deviantart.com/i/2004/183/f/8/SvGp14_english.jpg

roughrider
Disgusting, yes. Cyclops doing it sounding better, **** no. WTF? Cyke wouldn't have a chance in hell of deflecting the Omega Beams. Supermans' heat vision is not just heat, but also concussive force. It's what Cyke has, on a higher scale and with more versatility. So cyke managing to do it would indeed sound extremely silly. Almost as silly as Supes deflecting it no

~wickerman~

Never seen example of Supes h.vision being a concussive force, just settings on the meter: low cook, medium, hot, very hot, scorched earth! Cyke's blast can be concussive or vapourising ( disintegrating Mr. Sinsister) Superman can get hotter, more likely.

Wickerman
Never seen example of Supes h.vision being a concussive force, just settings on the meter: low cook, medium, hot, very hot, scorched earth! Cyke's blast can be concussive or vapourising ( disintegrating Mr. Sinsister) Superman can get hotter, more likely.

Well, although i can't provide scans of the concussive force, i'm sure others could. It's there, trust me. I wouldn't lie, seeing as how i think Cyke's a great guy and wouldn't want to underrate him.
Also, Cyke's vaporising Mr. Sinister as i recall had to do with his genes, and Mr. Sinister's genes, and how he was the only one actually able to hurt him. Err.....not having to do with Cyke actually being able to vaporise other things, seeing as how i've never seen him "vaporise" or rather....melt i'd say, things/people other than Mr. S.
I might be wrong though.

JP: Wow....i need a screenshot of that post of yours laughing out loud

Cresh: will check link.....later....shifty

~wickerman~

Avalonofthewind
Well, although i can't provide scans of the concussive force, i'm sure others could. It's there, trust me. I wouldn't lie, seeing as how i think Cyke's a great guy and wouldn't want to underrate him.
Also, Cyke's vaporising Mr. Sinister as i recall had to do with his genes, and Mr. Sinister's genes, and how he was the only one actually able to hurt him. Err.....not having to do with Cyke actually being able to vaporise other things, seeing as how i've never seen him "vaporise" or rather....melt i'd say, things/people other than Mr. S.
I might be wrong though.

JP: Wow....i need a screenshot of that post of yours laughing out loud

Cresh: will check link.....later....shifty

~wickerman~

Here are two pics of concussive force with beings on his level of power.

http://www.starnet-database.com/dbase_deo/profiles/superman/doomdead.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/heatvision.jpg

Wickerman
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Here are two pics of concussive force with beings on his level of power.

http://www.starnet-database.com/dbase_deo/profiles/superman/doomdead.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/heatvision.jpg

Nice pics thumb up

First one makes me say "Not like it's gonna make a difference though" for some strange reason wink

~wickerman~

supremthor
Heat Vision: The ability to apply heat to a target by staring intensely at it with the conscious act of activating his power. Visually, the power is typically depicted as twin laser beams firing from the eyes. These beams can be made invisible, allowing Superman to work undetected.

supremthor
Heat Vision: The ability to apply heat to a target by staring intensely at it with the conscious act of activating his power. Visually, the power is typically depicted as twin laser beams firing from the eyes. These beams can be made invisible, allowing Superman to work undetected.

peejayd
As K3vil and others have already mentioned, Superman's heat vision can also be used as a concussive force blast. I also have two more problems with your post:

1. the whole "melting adamantium thing" is number one. The way i see it, the adamantium wasn't melted, seeing as how that would be incredibly inconsistent, and crap. Cyke doesn't...."melt" adamantium, and adamantium doesn't melt. It was disjoining the bones with a brecise shot that had incredible force, given the pressure in such a small fascicle.

2. Cyke's optic blast is NOT more powerful than any kind of energy as you may say it, not in the MU, and not in the DCU. Show me where his blast hurt Apocalypse, and i'll show you where Magneto's energy manipulation or Black Bolt's scream HAVE indeed.

~wickerman~

1. well, maybe the blast did not melted or fried the adamantium, but it did "disjoined" it, didn't it? remember, Logan's skeleton was covered with adamantium.

2. i may have to stand corrected. the blast may not be that powerful, but it is powerful. i remember Cyke's blasts can momentarily break Magnus' magnetic force field. and as i have said, Supes' heat vision is way more of a different level compared to Cyke's optic blasts.

Wickerman
1. well, maybe the blast did not melted or fried the adamantium, but it did "disjoined" it, didn't it? remember, Logan's skeleton was covered with adamantium.

2. i may have to stand corrected. the blast may not be that powerful, but it is powerful. i remember Cyke's blasts can momentarily break Magnus' magnetic force field. and as i have said, Supes' heat vision is way more of a different level compared to Cyke's optic blasts.

1. As i recall that wasn't 616, therefore not mainstream, therefore we have no way of knowing if Wolverine's skeleton is bonded (not laced) with adamantium the way it is in 616.
However, i'd more likely accept this than him melting the adamantium.

2. It IS indeed powerful, never said it's not powerful. However, given the many different powers inthe MU like power cosmic, cosmic energy shots (thanos), matter manipulation (a crapload of mutants), reality manipulation powers, TK and TP, etc. etc. , it might still be impressive, but not as impressive as the others no

~wickerman~

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.