Batman vs. Captain America...a round of golf!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

roughrider
Cap runs into Bats passing through Gotham, congratulates him on his great performance in the Avengers/JLA teamup over Krona, taking out who he did. Bats returns the complement on Cap's leadership, and for taking down Prometheus. Then, it gets interesting.

Batman: We never did settle between ourselves, did we?
C. America: Well...(smiles) you called it off.
Batman: We were too smart to fall for that game. We had to investigate.
C. America: What are you saying? You want to go at it again, to prove something?
Batman: No. I should save myself for the criminals here. But, there is something that demonstrates great reflexes, control, and strategy.
C. America: What?
Batman: Golf.
C. America: ( looking a little amazed) I didn't think you were the golfing type.
Batman: You can't have the day job I have without playing golf. Believe it or not, I do have bad days; it makes me bring it a bit more when I go out at night.
C. America: (Chuckles) Golf. All right. You play with Superman too?
Batman: Him? No, he cheats. ( Cap squints) Really. He pushes putts along with his breath, thinks I don't notice.
C. America: All right, deal. But we choose a neutral course. ( Shakes hands) No uniforms?
Batman: No, but bring them along in case.

So they go golfing a few days later, Bruce shows up late for the tee off - thanks to his two days of prep, in an attempt to psyche out Steve - and they're off. Following in a golfcart some distance behind, is the Joker in garish period golfwear, and the Red Skull, grumbling about the bright sunshine and everything nice in the world.

How does it go from here...?

chilled monkey
Well, I think before long, they'd realise they're being followed by the Joker and the Skull. After taking those two out, they'll go back to the game.

Not sure who'd win. If I had to say one, I'd go with Cap, but it could easily go either way.

Neat idea.

Wickerman
They all stop to stare at the guy with long blonde hair that keeps hitting every hole in one from any sort of angle at any sort of distance. So after they have a drink and a nice chat with Mr. Longshot, they get back to the game laughing out loud

Bats had prep eh? In that case....i'm scared to think of what his golf clubs look like, each with individual "wind speed, distance to hole, intensity of shot, pressure that needs to be applied in point x which is shown with a laser on the golfball" features, ........PLUS some more...

~wickerman~

jplatinum
I think captain A.
Batman doesn't spend too much free time doing those type of things.
I'm sure Cap gets envited by dignitaries and other high stature people to social events and golf all the time.

Some rich important guy: " Mr. America you must come play a round at the country club they'd love you. It will be smashing indubitively."

Cap: " umm....okay."

Dave: " Damn *****!"

roughrider
laughing laughing laughing rolling on floor laughing

Draco69
Originally posted by jplatinum
I think captain A.
Batman doesn't spend too much free time doing those type of things.
I'm sure Cap gets envited by dignitaries and other high stature people to social events and golf all the time.

Some rich important guy: " Mr. America you must come play a round at the country club they'd love you. It will be smashing indubitively."

Cap: " umm....okay."

Dave: " Damn *****!"

?????

Hello! He's BRUCE WAYNE. The richest man alive. Do really think a high-society class person like Wayne doesn't know how to play golf?

Juntai
Originally posted by Draco69
?????

Hello! He's BRUCE WAYNE. The richest man alive. Do really think a high-society class person like Wayne doesn't know how to play golf? lol, in comparison to a soldier, no less. I'm positive Batman takes this.

roughrider
Apparently, Bruce does do some serious time on the golf course. Maybe I should lean towards him a bit more. He'll cheat a little too, to win; Steve won't.

cybermaster
Originally posted by Draco69
?????

Hello! He's BRUCE WAYNE. The richest man alive. Do really think a high-society class person like Wayne doesn't know how to play golf? him being rich what the hell does that have to do with his fighting abilitly. and captain america takes care of things on his own he doesnt need a partner to back him up. PS bill gates is the richest man in the world

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by cybermaster
him being rich what the hell does that have to do with his fighting abilitly. and captain america takes care of things on his own he doesnt need a partner to back him up. PS bill gates is the richest man in the world

Not in comics.

And Batman has dual identity, he must have played golf for ages.

Read-some-comics-before-coming-here.

cybermaster
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Not in comics.

And Batman has dual identity, he must have played golf for ages.

Read-some-comics-before-coming-here. i have dummy maybe youve read more batman comics than me cause his are a little boring.

DarkCrawler
i have dummy maybe youve read more batman comics than me cause his are a little boring.

"Dummy". roll eyes (sarcastic)

Then do some research from the internet.

cybermaster
"Dummy". roll eyes (sarcastic)

Then do some research from the internet. i get my info on characts mostly from the books. just like most others here. and she broght it up about him being rich not me.

roughrider
I believe the owner of IKEA is now the World's Richest Man.
Thank you Sweden, for all your weird furniture! laughing out loud

Dark Crawler, do you allow IKEA in Finlnad? I understand you Finns don't like the Swedes very much. shifty

cybermaster
Originally posted by roughrider
I believe the owner of IKEA is now the World's Richest Man.
Thank you Sweden, for all your weird furniture! laughing out loud

Dark Crawler, do you allow IKEA in Finlnad? I understand you Finns don't like the Swedes very much. shifty good point there about the finns laughing

Dark Urizen
him being rich what the hell does that have to do with his fighting abilitly. and captain america takes care of things on his own he doesnt need a partner to back him up. PS bill gates is the richest man in the world

And what does fighting ability (which bruce has proven to have plenty of) have to do with golfing skills? Wow......you're really out there messed

cybermaster
Originally posted by Dark Urizen
And what does fighting ability (which bruce has proven to have plenty of) have to do with golfing skills? Wow......you're really out there messed lol thats all u have to say ? laughing

Dark Urizen
lol thats all u have to say ? laughing

What more is there to say? You embarassed yourself sufficiently. No need for me to contribute to that further erm

cybermaster
What more is there to say? You embarassed yourself sufficiently. No need for me to contribute to that further erm i was saying what the hell does him being rich have to do with playing golf. and was bringing up what does batman have to do with playin golf. read dumbass

jollyjim311
i was saying what the hell does him being rich have to do with playing golf. and was bringing up what does batman have to do with playin golf. read dumbass

Read the first post at the top of this page. Then you can apologize to him.

cybermaster
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Read the first post at the top of this page. Then you can apologize to him. i dont apologize to no one. and i know whats at the top of the page thats why i said awhile back what the hell does batman have to do with playing golf here on this forum ? laughing

roughrider
i dont apologize to no one. and i know whats at the top of the page thats why i said awhile back what the hell does batman have to do with playing golf here on this forum ? laughing

What the f**k?

BECAUSE - this is the Versus forum. And this is the matchup. EXCEPT, the contest is not a fight, but who wins a golf competition between them. The inference is that Bruce is a business tycoon, and must have some experience with golf; and Steve is a celebrity and hero who probably does charity golf tournaments, and whose physical skills would make you think he could win whatever competion he wanted to. That's the debate here.

cybermaster
What the f**k?

BECAUSE - this is the Versus forum. And this is the matchup. EXCEPT, the contest is not a fight, but who wins a golf competition between them. The inference is that Bruce is a business tycoon, and must have some experience with golf; and Steve is a celebrity and hero who probably does charity golf tournaments, and whose physical skills would make you think he could win whatever competion he wanted to. That's the debate here. wow hes the best golfer in the world cause hes a business man good for him thats cool laughing laughing

roughrider
Who said he was the best golfer? Is he better than Steve, is all? How old are you?

cybermaster
Who said he was the best golfer? Is he better than Steve, is all? How old are you? 18 and i dont give a damn if he his the best golfer or not. what the hell does golf have to do with this forum ?

roughrider
Do you understand English? stick out tongue

cybermaster
Do you understand English? stick out tongue that your only response back ? laughing

Dizzle
that your only response back ? laughing

Well... So far you've failed to actually answer a response with something that would even relate to what was said. You did indeed ask what being rich had to do with Batman's fighting skills. Even though he said that he was only saying Bruce would be a fairly good golfer, you've brought up the "Batman isn't the best golfer int he world, idiot" argument 3 times. You're responding to things that pretty clearly were never said.

So again... Do you understand English? The evidence presented thus far would lead one to believe that you definitely can't...

Piedmon
Hmmm.... I see it like this: Cap has the harder, more powerful drive. But Bruce possesses finer muscle control. From years of shield-throwing or rope-swinging they both have excellent innate senses of wind-speed/direction, angle, and trajectory.

I'd go with Batman for this. Just because Golf is a game where finesse beats raw power, and it seems to me the cerebral aspects play more into Bruce's territory. Could go either way. I'd pay to see. =D

Dark Urizen
i dont apologize to no one. and i know whats at the top of the page thats why i said awhile back what the hell does batman have to do with playing golf here on this forum ? laughing

roll eyes (sarcastic) Great.....
Another wonderful addition to this forum *sigh*

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Piedmon
Hmmm.... I see it like this: Cap has the harder, more powerful drive. But Bruce possesses finer muscle control. From years of shield-throwing or rope-swinging they both have excellent innate senses of wind-speed/direction, angle, and trajectory.

I'd go with Batman for this. Just because Golf is a game where finesse beats raw power, and it seems to me the cerebral aspects play more into Bruce's territory. Could go either way. I'd pay to see. =D

You pose very valid points there, but I'd have to give the edge to Cap here in this game. I mean, look at Happy Gilmore. I know it was just a movie, but it makes sense. If you can get your ball all the way to the green or right near it with one shot, you can take your time with the shortgame while your opponent slowly makes his way down the course.

So, yea. Very slight edge to Cap here. He'd probably be ricocheting his ball off of rocks and trees for insane hole-in-ones.

Psycho Ninja
No, current Caps looses, he gets too emotional, I'm a golfer so I know this...

The more emotional you get, the worse your game gets !!!

If you land your ball in a sand trap, power swings would just add numbers to your shots...

Batman wins this, unless someone brings up something about his parents !!! laughing out loud

Dark Urizen
Originally posted by Metalmanx
You pose very valid points there, but I'd have to give the edge to Cap here in this game. I mean, look at Happy Gilmore. I know it was just a movie, but it makes sense. If you can get your ball all the way to the green or right near it with one shot, you can take your time with the shortgame while your opponent slowly makes his way down the course.

So, yea. Very slight edge to Cap here. He'd probably be ricocheting his ball off of rocks and trees for insane hole-in-ones.

How do you know Cap's distance and angle calculating thing is better than Batman's? Like someone said earlier, after so many years of training, fighting, using batarangs, swinging, etc., i'd think it's at least equal to Cap's.

Add to that that Bats actually would have (logically speaking) more experience at the game than Cap.

DarkCrawler
18 and i dont give a damn if he his the best golfer or not. what the hell does golf have to do with this forum ?

18 my ass.

I'm younger then 18 and I can spell twenty-thousand times better then you.

Plus I understand what the other people try to say to me..

Dark Urizen
18 my ass.

I'm younger then 18 and I can spell twenty-thousand times better then you.

Plus I understand what the other people try to say to me..

And you're from FINLAND eek!

I love you love

DarkCrawler
If I only could say the same. stick out tongue

Dark Urizen
If I only could say the same. stick out tongue

cry

Bastard! mhm

DarkCrawler
Now come on. Just because you are an ugly inhuman monster, it doesn't mean that there isn't someone out there who doesn't love you. smile

Dark Urizen
Now come on. Just because you are an ugly inhuman monster, it doesn't mean that there isn't someone out there who doesn't love you. smile

ugly inhuman monsters get no luvin' cry

http://img426.imageshack.us/my.php?image=spawn118031qa.jpg

http://img443.imageshack.us/my.php?image=spawn11804057pb.jpg

DarkCrawler
They don't. sad

Luckily I am sexy as hell.

Dark Urizen
They don't. sad

Luckily I am sexy as hell.

Sonuvabitch laughing out loud
I'm gonna send the antipope to eat you in your sleep evil face

King_Mungi
Batman has even played golf with Alan Scott, so yeah Bruce does play golf between his "dark" times.

Dark Urizen
Yep. Heck, i bet Stephen Strange has more golfing experience than Cap messed

DarkCrawler
Sonuvabitch laughing out loud
I'm gonna send the antipope to eat you in your sleep evil face

I'm so sexy that even Antipope can't kill me. evil face

Dark Urizen
I'm so sexy that even Antipope can't kill me. evil face

Ok.....he'll do what he does best then. Disembowl you and make YOU an ugly inhuman monster evil face

DarkCrawler
The Anti-Pope stays victorious yet again. no expression

roughrider
Originally posted by Metalmanx

So which one of these two is more likely to do a Sandler-like freakout on the course? I say Bruce.
And if the Red Skull yells out "Die, American!" and throws a grenade from behind a tree, odds are Steve casually putts it back at his ugly face.

A.J
Batman plays golf very well proven in batman wildcat crossover

ExtraMision5555
batman wins

-6 to 2

roughrider
Do the caddies play a part here?
Bruce probably has Tim Drake. Steve would have...hmmm...who? Sam Wilson?
Or, is Bruce too stubborn to take advice from a caddie? big grin

YFZ 350
Gotta go with Wayne here.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.