PS2 getting RE4 Collector's Pack

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ast
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/09/02/news_6132523.html

This pisses me off. mad

I have no problem with the pack coming out on ps2, but you have to bring it out on GC too. The fact that they arent(as of now) is unfair, the last 3 RE games have come out on the cube, the majority of the core RE fanbase have a GC.

Victor Von Doom
Can't argue with share prices.

I feel sorry for Nintendo because it seems ideals have less and less of a place in gaming. They're the last true games company out there.

Only in music do the artists with the most integrity get the most respect.

Alpha Centauri
Sony can't actually keep up so they're stealing shit.

That's why games have gone so downhill. Everyone is waiting to see what everyone else brings out rather than saying "F*ck it. Let's put out what we want." Which is what Nintendo continue to do.

-AC

General Kaliero
Think about it the other way. I feel kinda sorry for the RE fans who have to get the PS2 version. First of all is the huge price even to get all that extra crap. Then you must realize WHY they get all the extra crap: the game ain't as good looking, and I'd be surprised if it controls as well.

But if it was all for free, I wouldn't mind that soundtrack...

Ast
But they are getting extra ingame content. no

pr1983
Originally posted by Ast
the majority of the core RE fanbase have a GC.

i'd actually think that most of em would have a ps2 and a gc, or sold their ps2 to get a gc... most who would have had the original 3 on playstation would have bought a ps2 expecting to play the sequels...

§P0oONY
I for one think that since it was a GC exclusive game.. it should at least be better then the PS2 version.... give the Gamecube users the collectors pack.

Ast
Originally posted by pr1983
i'd actually think that most of em would have a ps2 and a gc, or sold their ps2 to get a gc... most who would have had the original 3 on playstation would have bought a ps2 expecting to play the sequels...

I agree with that, I meant that most the core RE fans do have a GC now. Hell, you can buy all the real RE games on the GC now.

pr1983
sure, or why not sell it as an add on for re: 4 on gc? t'would be cheaper then...

Originally posted by Ast
I agree with that, I meant that most the core RE fans do have a GC now. Hell, you can buy all the real RE games on the GC now.

true, but not all of us who bought the first three on playstation can afford to go out and buy a gc... i dont have a gc, and id consider myself part of the core fanbase... i cant be the only one...

§P0oONY
Originally posted by pr1983
sure, or why not sell it as an add on for re: 4 on gc? t'would be cheaper then...

true, but not all of us who bought the first three on playstation can afford to go out and buy a gc... i dont have a gc, and id consider myself part of the core fanbase... i cant be the only one...

You have got to remember the best out of the original 3 was released on N64

And it was announced very early that Gamecube would have a remastered Resident Evil and a brand new title.

Ast
RE0 was originally supposed to be a 64 title.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Ast
RE0 was originally supposed to be a 64 title.

Yeah I remember that.

Personally I hope Nintendo can carry on operating the way they do without needing to sell out to big corporate marketing schemes and the like.

To me it's an 'exclusive' console. I have the other consoles too- I just see through the hype.

Ast
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Yeah I remember that.

Personally I hope Nintendo can carry on operating the way they do without needing to sell out to big corporate marketing schemes and the like.

To me it's an 'exclusive' console. I have the other consoles too- I just see through the hype.

I think Nintendo fans(me) will support it enough to keep it from ever selling out. You can tell from early Revolution info that Nintendo isnt backing down from their "games first" attitude, and I am glad. big grin

JToTheP
Capcom only did this because the Ps2 fanbase is so ridiculous, and so Resident Evil 4 becomes a Player's Choice/Greatest Hits on both consoles, since it isnt selling much on GC now.

Batman Wins
this is not fair. it said it was a gc esclusive then sony bribed them with money.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.