Should the saga have been spread out more?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Jello
I think that a lot of hatred towards the prequals would have been avoided if the story was spread out over more movies. that way lucas could have taken his time and actually developed characters and story more-here's what would have been better-
Episode I-prequal to phantom menace
episode II-phantom menace
episode III-attack of the clones
clone wars volume I and II
Episode IV-First half of revenge of the sith with more details
Episode V-second half of revenge of the sith with more jedi purge details and more mechanical vader
episode VI-a new hope
episode VII-the empire strikes back
episode VIII-returen of the Jedi.

The Ones
ok why a prequel to the phantom menace? and what about labirynth of evil and the book between ep III and IV as movies or in movies?

Ast
Instead of something before Menace there should be something between Menace and Clones, show the relationship between Skywalker and Kenobi.

TheGrim98
Originally posted by Ast
Instead of something before Menace there should be something between Menace and Clones, show the relationship between Skywalker and Kenobi.

Yeah.

Jedi Priestess
I think 28 years and 6 movies was plenty.

Capt_Fantastic
How about we just take the original trilogy into consideration while we are writing the prequel trilogy.

DeVi| D0do
I like that idea...

Boris
Meh... Prequel to The Phantom Menace could have been good, set thousands of years before it, ala Kotor.

fallenjedi
here-here.

Captain REX
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
I think 28 years and 6 movies was plenty.

Agreed. Having MORE movies spread out over MANY years would be just silly.

Boris
I disagree, I'm all for more Star Wars movies, no matter what time period.

Captain REX
It'd kind of ruin things. It's the story of Anakin, the time span was just fine.

Jedi Priestess
Indeed. THere is such a thing as too much of a good thing. Moderation is the key. yes Ya greedy kids. laughing out loud

Darth Jello
i don't think it's an issue of moderation, it's an issue of telling a story as opposed to an abridgment. and though i like what we have, i kinda feel like it's abridged

The Ones
but lucas didnt get all the information in and left to many plot holes. i think more movies to answer the remaining questions would be great

Red Superfly
No.

There's no need for any more than three prequels.

In my opinion six movies is perfectly fine. Lucas just did a bad job of fitting it all together.

A good storyteller would make six movies work quite easily.

The Ones
yes and lucas is not a great story teller in his old age

Superfly4000
The TV serie is going to be between Episode 3 and Episode 4. So I guess that should cover it.

neo313
Well, Lucas himself said that there is only a small percentage of the original script in Episode I and II. A lot of it, like the podrace, the attack on Amidala, and many other things were added to space out the movie.

Perhaps he could have used some of this time to show more of the relationship between Obi-Wan and Anakin, or maybe take the important parts in Rots and space them out over all three prequel movies.

But he didn't, so I guess we have to live with what we got. wink

Captain REX
Unfortunately... stick out tongue

The Ones
yep.

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by Darth Jello
I think that a lot of hatred towards the prequals would have been avoided if the story was spread out over more movies. that way lucas could have taken his time and actually developed characters and story more-here's what would have been better-
Episode I-prequal to phantom menace
episode II-phantom menace
episode III-attack of the clones
clone wars volume I and II
Episode IV-First half of revenge of the sith with more details
Episode V-second half of revenge of the sith with more jedi purge details and more mechanical vader
episode VI-a new hope
episode VII-the empire strikes back
episode VIII-returen of the Jedi.

uh........no.

People didn't like the prequels because they had to sit through eps. 1&2 so they could get to 3. That was the only movie people really cared about, and when it finally came, they still b!tched. So no, more movies before rots would not have been a good idea, and I hope you are not planning on becoming a film maker cuz your crap would be boring.

Darth Jello
it was bad cause there was no character developement. he needed to take his time instead of just sitting on his ass going "faster!!! More Intense!!!"

Superfly4000
Originally posted by Darth Jello
it was bad cause there was no character developement. he needed to take his time instead of just sitting on his ass going "faster!!! More Intense!!!"

Faster and More Intese sounds so nasty.

neo313
gahhhh bad image . . . . huh no What the f**k?

Anyways, more character development couldn't have hurt.

I personally think Qui-Gon and Darth Maul should have survived at least to Episode II. Or at least Maul. Perhaps Maul should have stayed instead of introducing Dooku, considering Dooku gets killed anyways.

First of all, Qui-Gon and Maul are two of the coolest characters from the PT, imo. Certainly, they are cooler than Dooku and/or Grievous.

Secondly, if we, as the audience, had gotten to know them longer, their deaths would have been more impactful or meaningful. Well, Qui-Gon's death came at an appropriate time, so um nevermind. But Maul should have died like late Ep II.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.