deadpool vs quicksilver

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

house
no prep, i think this is fairly evenly matched.

Arahan
At the moment i dont want to make long speeches so i say Quicksilver because i like him more.

PS: Marvel upgrade QS!!!!

wannabe
For a speedster like Pietro, Deadpool, as cool as he may be, moves like in extreme slow motion.
Since D has no energetic or psychic powers that are fast enough to harm Q, he SHOULD loose badly.

willRules
Well Wolverine beat Speed Demon fairly easily. Deadpool is better than Wolverine (ie would win in a fight). Gambit beat Quicksilver in the contest of champions. Deadpool could take it but assuming this was an actual story written correctly then Quicksilver wins..........

wannabe
TheOriginally posted by willRules ...an actual story written correctly...part is the important one!!!

Ultimate Ion
^Exactly. When someone is moving around you at thousands of miles per hour you're not going to be to react even close to fast enough.

Real life, Quicksilver owns DP.

Inspectah Deck
Quicksilver. He's just too fast for Deadpool

Sentry
Quicksilver got that upgrade of via isotope E, and can move way faster than the speed of sound now. Oucksilver should take it...

Then again, look what Deathstroke did to the Flash...laughing

jrodslam
Originally posted by Sentry

Hmph. But then again Deadpool doesnt use 90% of his brain.

Inspectah Deck
laughing out loud

Sentry
Originally posted by jrodslam
Hmph. But then again Deadpool doesnt use 90% of his brain.

They both look the same... They both fight the same... Their practically brothers...

Sentry
They both look the same... They both fight the same... Their practically brothers...

Well not fight the same. But they look the same. Damn double posts.

Inspectah Deck

True

jrodslam

Deadshot more than Deadpool.

8bitChris
All humans use 100% of their brain.

Marvelgeek
Originally posted by 8bitChris
All humans use 100% of their brain. I thought it was more along the lines of 10%.

8bitChris
Yeah, you shouldn't believe everything TV tells you.

http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/tenper.html
http://www.brainconnection.com/topics/?main=fa/brain-myth
http://www.mercola.com/2004/apr/10/brain_usage.htm
http://media.wiley.com/product_data/excerpt/9X/04714349/047143499X.pdf

Oh hell....just type "10 percent of brain" into google and have a field day..

outavodka
To explain it much easier. We do use 100% of our brain just not all of it at the same time.

wannabe
Quicksilver got that upgrade of via isotope E, and can move way faster than the speed of sound now. Oucksilver should take it...

THAT was a real travesty!!! no

King KAM
Come on people!, Deadpool is a KILLER!!!, he once shot cable, and cable beat X-man, who beat Holocaust who is way stronger than Quicksilver, so DP wins.

Piedmon
A friend told me Quicksilver maxes out at 200 MPH. In any case, he's still like, the ultra-slowest of all comic speedsters....

Wilson takes it. He's skilled enough to compensate for Quicksilver's speed by striking where he will be.

wannabe
Originally posted by Piedmon
A friend told me Quicksilver maxes out at 200 MPH. In any case, he's still like, the ultra-slowest of all comic speedsters....

Wilson takes it. He's skilled enough to compensate for Quicksilver's speed by striking where he will be.
OH MY GOD...Where did you get THIS false information???
He used to be as fast as sound, vaguely. Due to some improvement he's MUCH faster now.

Skill simply CAN'T compensate speed and reaction differences like these!!!
A Bruce Lee who would move a hundred times slower than you would be no threat, even when you'd be in a weelchair. yes

Piedmon
Not really... it might go like

*Quicksilver charges DP*

*DP sticks out a foot*

*Q trips over DP's foot at Mach 1 and hits the ground face-first*

*Q's spine compresses*

*While he's busy being crippled and agonized, Q gets impaled by DP's katana*

*DP goes for drinks*

Ultimate Ion
Quicksilver use to be around 200mph. Then he went to the speed of sound. Then he went to escape velocity (~25,000mph).

*Quicksilver charges DP*

*DP sticks out a foot*

*Q's spine compresses*

*DP goes for drinks*
Actually it'd be more like this.

*Quicksilver charges DP*

*DP hits the ground before his foot moves 1 inch*

wannabe

*Quicksilver charges DP*

*DP sticks out a foot*

*Q's spine compresses*

*DP goes for drinks*
When you can move at the speed of sound, you HAVE TO be able to think and percieve just as fast or you would run into EVERYTHING in your way constantly, because you could not react to the obstacles in your way.
Imagine yourself in a car that races at mach1 through NY...it would be a rather short and deadly trip, if your reactions would be those of a normal human!

D sticking out a foot would still be D sticking out a foot at VERY SLOW MOTION to Quicksilver.
Within his own perception and reaction time Quicksilver would have LOADS of time to bypass or leap over D's foot or use hundreds of other possible attac vectors! yes

Piedmon
That agility is only useful, though, if Quicksilver notices it. It could be a very subtle movement. Although it's not really his style, Deadpool could conceivably disguise say, a small knife held outwards.

Or he could, let's assume he has a lot of ammunition, "corrall," Quicksilver by filling the air ahead of him with bullets, forcing him into a direction DP has predicted....

wannabe
That agility is only useful, though, if Quicksilver notices it. It could be a very subtle movement. Although it's not really his style, Deadpool could conceivably disguise say, a small knife held outwards.

Or he could, let's assume he has a lot of ammunition, "corrall," Quicksilver by filling the air ahead of him with bullets, forcing him into a direction DP has predicted....
Again...
From Q's point of view it would be like D wouldn't move AT ALL.
When he moves at super speed, he has to think, percieve and react at the same accelerated speed and the whole world around him (including D) would seem to move slower and slower, while for himself he would not move any faster than usual.

Imagin a world around you that moves a hundred and more times slower than usual, while you move just normal...thats Q's point of view when he uses super speed.

Now go to one of this persons who pulls out a knife(D)...in 100xslow motion. No way you wouldn't notice that! You'd have time to steel a hot dog (the hot dog man could not react to you), eat it and go several times around D BEFOR he would be even able to fully strech out his arm !!!

Arahan
i thought the effects of isotope e were just for a short term.
how fast is QS now? Please with source.

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by wannabe
Again...
From Q's point of view it would be like D wouldn't move AT ALL.
When he moves at super speed, he has to think, percieve and react at the same accelerated speed and the whole world around him (including D) would seem to move slower and slower, while for himself he would not move any faster than usual.

Imagin a world around you that moves a hundred and more times slower than usual, while you move just normal...thats Q's point of view when he uses super speed.

Now go to one of this persons who pulls out a knife(D)...in 100xslow motion. No way you wouldn't notice that! You'd have time to steel a hot dog (the hot dog man could not react to you), eat it and go several times around D BEFOR he would be even able to fully strech out his arm !!!

True

Piedmon
OK, I seriously doubt Quicksilver is THAT fast.....

Now in fairness, the only stuff about Quicksilver I've read is from the old Roy Thomas run of Avengers. But from what I remember, he was actually one of the weaker Avengers: he'd bounce off stuff, run circles around people, but if he tries to actually hit people, he'd go flying. I always got the impression that Captain America could take him, honestly.

Nataku8188
Pfft, deadpool will just use his briefcase nuke. GG QS.

Sentry
Go here for isotope reference:

http://uncannyxmen.net/db/characters/showquestion.asp?fldAuto=844

Go here for speed reference:

Originally posted by spetznaz
The Flash: Has regularly ran at light speed, and in some occasions have surpassed this speed by merging with the Speed Force (being able to even transverse time, at first with a time-machine treadmill and later on just by simply speeding through it).
The speed of light in meters per second = 299 792 458 m / s.
QuickSilver: Normal speed 145-300 miles an hour, coming close to Mach speed with effort. After getting a speed-boost with Isotope-E he can now reach Mach 5-10 level speeds.
The speed of sound in meters per second = 340.29 m / s
The Flash could literally go home, take a bath, cook a meal, wash the dishes, feed the dog, feed the parakeets, circumnavigate the globe a couple hundred times, and learnt to speak Gujurati - all before QuickSilver could have run 10 miles.
This is not a competition.

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I agree that Quicksilver has no chance in hell of winning this at all but now I'm wondering how fast he is...

Northstar speed is Mach 10 max (I think) and Magneto commented that he wasn't as close as Quicksilver... in fact the way he said it made it seem like there was a substantial gap between the two.

jplatinum
Nice bush picture.

Marvelgeek
Originally posted by 8bitChris
Yeah, you shouldn't believe everything TV tells you.

Oh hell....just type "10 percent of brain" into google and have a field day.. Originally posted by outavodka
To explain it much easier. We do use 100% of our brain just not all of it at the same time. Huh. Whadyaknow, thanx for clearing it up. smile I must admit most of the 10% thing I've heard has been from S-F stuff.... embarrasment stick out tongue

K3VIL
Quicksilver will own Wade so bad it wouldn't be fun to see.
During AVENGERS: DISASSEMBLED, he reached the Mansion to speak with his former teammates and to show them his displeasure for what Wanda did.Then, suffering for the events, he just run away, so fast that Iron Man's armor systems stated he was outta the city after few seconds.

Pointinel
Originally posted by K3VIL
Quicksilver will own Wade so bad it wouldn't be fun to see.
During AVENGERS: DISASSEMBLED, he reached the Mansion to speak with his former teammates and to show them his displeasure for what Wanda did.Then, suffering for the events, he just run away, so fast that Iron Man's armor systems stated he was outta the city after few seconds.

^what can he do against DP tho?

dude recovers from getting his brain blown.

Scoobless
Quicksilver ran from the middle of Europe to Someplace in America (to pick up Bruce Banner) then to an airforce base (to get Bruce some fighter pilot Equipment so he didn't die at super speed) then carried Bruce back to Europe... this all took place in a minute or less

Pointinel
^quicksilver can run through water?!

Pointinel
^nevermind that...

i just checked that he could.

Scoobless
he can run ON water.... IRL scientists have proved that humans would only have to run a little over 60 mph to travel on the surface of water

some other animals can manage it already

Spelljammer
Deadpool, though Quicksilver is far too fast to get a clear shot, Deadpool has the technology to mess with the frequincy of sound vibration, which Quicksilver's velocity runs on because space-time works that way. So in effect Deadpool could use this technology to slow time (Though not enough for you or SpellJammer to notice..) in essence to slowing down Quicksilver, he could focus it primarily on him, and though it may not forge him into a silver turtle, he'll be alot easier to gun down..

SpellJammer is very bias giving Deadpool this sortof technology because SpellJammer likes Deadpool bunches. He reminds SpellJammer of himself.. and his "friends" are just as crappy..

Lord-of-Dreams
maybe...

QS just has the advantage. lack of prep is the clincher. DP can't even set up his nuke. To bad...

willRules
Originally posted by wannabe
Thepart is the important one!!!

I was agreeing with you I was just saying that people a lot slower than Quicksilver have hit him, Wolverine and Gambit to name but two..........

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by Pointinel
^quicksilver can run through water?!

No duh

Nataku8188
Originally posted by Lord-of-Dreams
maybe...

QS just has the advantage. lack of prep is the clincher. DP can't even set up his nuke. To bad...

It comes setup, with the number to deactivate it scribbled on his hand as well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.