Superman would crush Gladiator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King KAM
The man of Steel will crush Gladiator, Glads is knock off of him and isnt as strong or durable only faster, but he isnt a match for Supes, Glads got put down by the Hulk and the Hulk is Supes' biotch, the man of tommorow can lift 100,000 tons when glads can do that, then we will say he is stronger but untill he stops losing to Cannonball, and others, then he is only second place,
straight up.

xmarksthespot
http://www.superdickery.com/images/dick/1296_4_081.jpg
Superman is a dick. laughing out loud

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by xmarksthespot

Who would easily beat Gladiator

xmarksthespot
http://www.superdickery.com/images/other/1296_4_065.jpg
Not if Gladiator gets his hands on a piano.

olympian
"Glads is knock off of him and isnt as strong or durable only faster, but he isnt a match for Supes"

Superman also has elements of knock offs on him. And Glads besides being faster its as strong at regular levels, if not more. at least in some showings.
" Glads got put down by the Hulk and the Hulk is Supes' biotch, "

Fist case was a plot device win, and second was a fan vote loss.

"man of tommorow can lift 100,000 tons when glads can do that"

You people get too much impressed with numbers. How much does a planet weight. Or a populated island. Or a mountain range. Or an asteroid. Or a cosmic being. Several characters have done this and yet pll get impressed with either that number or 150 milions, billions whatever.

"but untill he stops losing to Cannonball,"

He didnt lost to Cannonbal. He was surprised the kid survived one shot. When pll alot weaker than him manage to overcome something they shouldnt, that when his confidence gets shaken. No plot device wise, and against guys like Supreme (pre crisis superman lite) and Hyperion he never had confidence problems.

"straight up"

And ahead.

pr1983
i hate gladiator... with a passion... but wasnt he based on pre crisis supes? so wouldnt he in essence be more powerful than current supes?

Wickerman
Originally posted by olympian
"Glads is knock off of him and isnt as strong or durable only faster, but he isnt a match for Supes"

Superman also has elements of knock offs on him. And Glads besides being faster its as strong at regular levels, if not more. at least in some showings.
" Glads got put down by the Hulk and the Hulk is Supes' biotch, "

Fist case was a plot device win, and second was a fan vote loss.

"man of tommorow can lift 100,000 tons when glads can do that"

You people get too much impressed with numbers. How much does a planet weight. Or a populated island. Or a mountain range. Or an asteroid. Or a cosmic being. Several characters have done this and yet pll get impressed with either that number or 150 milions, billions whatever.

"but untill he stops losing to Cannonball,"

He didnt lost to Cannonbal. He was surprised the kid survived one shot. When pll alot weaker than him manage to overcome something they shouldnt, that when his confidence gets shaken. No plot device wise, and against guys like Supreme (pre crisis superman lite) and Hyperion he never had confidence problems.

"straight up"

And ahead.

Excellent excellent post. You wrote exactly what i was going to write, cross-over references and all.

As far as i'm concerned, I don't care if gladiator were more powerful indeed than Superman. I don't care if there's 20 million beings more powerful than Superman. What some people fail to understand is that Superman is an idol. He's the guy that's never going to give up fighting for us. He's the adamant soldier that won't back down even if it costs him his life. Spiderman can do the same, but he has nowhere near the responsability Superman has. Supes fights for a planet that isn't his own, for what they gave to him in the form of a home. And you can always rely on him. Always.

At least that's how i see Superman.

~wickerman~

pr1983
Originally posted by Wickerman

As far as i'm concerned, I don't care if gladiator were more powerful indeed than Superman. I don't care if there's 20 million beings more powerful than Superman. What some people fail to understand is that Superman is an idol. He's the guy that's never going to give up fighting for us. He's the adamant soldier that won't back down even if it costs him his life. Spiderman can do the same, but he has nowhere near the responsability Superman has. Supes fights for a planet that isn't his own, for what they gave to him in the form of a home. And you can always rely on him. Always.

~wickerman~

yes agree totally...

Whirlysplatt
Excellent excellent post. You wrote exactly what i was going to write, cross-over references and all.

~wickerman~

cool post

Wickerman
Originally posted by pr1983
yes agree totally...

Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
cool post

Awwww shucks embarrasment

Most people don't see it that way though. They just complain about him being overpowered. Meh.

In another trail of thoughts.....October 10th is approaching at a rapid pace. It'll be a sad sad day sad

~wickerman~

pr1983
Awwww shucks embarrasment

Most people don't see it that way though. They just complain about him being overpowered. Meh.

In another trail of thoughts.....October 10th is approaching at a rapid pace. It'll be a sad sad day sad

~wickerman~

october 10th?

Wickerman
october 10th?

yep sad

"Christopher Reeve died October 10, 2004. He was 52 years old. Reeve is survived by his mother Barbara Johnson and his father Franklin Reeve, his brother Benjamin Reeve, his wife Dana, their twelve year old son Will and his two children from a former relationship, Matthew (25) and Alexandra (21)."

cry

~wickerman~

pr1983
yep sad

"Christopher Reeve died October 10, 2004. He was 52 years old. Reeve is survived by his mother Barbara Johnson and his father Franklin Reeve, his brother Benjamin Reeve, his wife Dana, their twelve year old son Will and his two children from a former relationship, Matthew (25) and Alexandra (21)."

cry

~wickerman~

aww crap... weep

Cameron Scott
i hate gladiator... with a passion... but wasnt he based on pre crisis supes? so wouldnt he in essence be more powerful than current supes?

Based on the 70's Superman(who isn't like the 60's Superman who can time travel, move star-systems, but the planet moving, going 100c, going through stars Super-like Gladiator). But later writers wrote him down to Thor level, partically Jurgens.

Compare Thor's first fight with Gladiator to the other one that happened in the Thor books, Gladiator doesn't have a constant stat level and that is ok since his powers are confidence based.

pr1983
i think thats a major handicap... if superman is notorious for one thing its never giving up... that would effect glads sooner or later if he's as strong as u say...

Sentry
If Glads is having a bad day, then yeah, Supes would take it. But, if he's angry and confident shown here:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/destroyingworld.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/destroyingworld2.jpg

His planet busting fists will have quite an effect on boy blue.

Glads has also contained blasts that have been said to wipe out half a solar system and is clocked traveling a 100 times the speed of light.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/glads78xw.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/glads68bs.png

Supes says that he is not faster than light.

If Glads is written this way, he will crush Superman.

pr1983
Yeah, looks like it... sad

still... pink skin and a purple mohawk... messed

Wickerman

icon5 And WHAT's wrong with pink? schmoll

~wickerman~

pr1983
icon5 And WHAT's wrong with pink? schmoll

~wickerman~

actually ive been meaning to talk to you about that... stick out tongue

snoopdogg
Sentry do you suppose that galaxy destroying attack might have given him a little extra boost?

Cause I dont think there is any solid evidence to back up the 100x Speed of Light deal.

alexanderluthor
october 10th?

Man!!!!! i never thought you'd ask something like this. Shame on you.

And for that guy who wrote about superman defeating the green goliat, said that supes won beacause it was a matter of popularity or something, just want to remind you that that was actually the third time in history that happened, and we're not immpressed about how much he can lift, but what he stands for!!! lately, a lot of new superheros have born, some or must of them kill people like nothing, while the caped one shows justice, principles, moral, (you could see that in Christopher reeve you know) plus, he looks good, he he he big grin

brainchild81

still... pink skin and a purple mohawk... messed I always saw him as "light purple" or something like that. He's not pink.

Wickerman
actually ive been meaning to talk to you about that... stick out tongue

hater cry

~wickerman~

Wickerman
Originally posted by alexanderluthor
Man!!!!! i never thought you'd ask something like this. Shame on you.

And for that guy who wrote about superman defeating the green goliat, said that supes won beacause it was a matter of popularity or something, just want to remind you that that was actually the third time in history that happened, and we're not immpressed about how much he can lift, but what he stands for!!! lately, a lot of new superheros have born, some or must of them kill people like nothing, while the caped one shows justice, principles, moral, (you could see that in Christopher reeve you know) plus, he looks good, he he he big grin

Morals and principles don't matter nowadays to the large audience if you ask me. Inner conflicts, rage, revenge, bloodlust, wanton murder, mindless violence and bloodshed......yep.....that's what's selling. erm

I think they have a word for that.......oh yeah.....CRAP.

~wickerman~

Fanboy
Originally posted by xmarksthespot

That crap is so old.

xmarksthespot
Old is good... ask whirly...

pr1983
Originally posted by brainchild81
I always saw him as "light purple" or something like that. He's not pink.

sure... stick out tongue

hater cry

~wickerman~

aww... flowers

Morals and principles don't matter nowadays to the large audience if you ask me. Inner conflicts, rage, revenge, bloodlust, wanton murder, mindless violence and bloodshed......yep.....that's what's selling. erm

I think they have a word for that.......oh yeah.....CRAP.

~wickerman~

when done constructively it can be good imo... when just for financial gain... no...

King KAM

~wickerman~
Cool post???? i said this already in a thread like a month ago!!!! god dammit go read mine

brainchild81
sure... stick out tongue

Seriously, he's not the coolest looking character in comics, but he's not pinklaughing

As far as i'm concerned, I don't care if gladiator were more powerful indeed than Superman. I don't care if there's 20 million beings more powerful than Superman.

~wickerman~ Good post. More Supes fans should think the way you do.

pr1983
Originally posted by brainchild81
Seriously, he's not the coolest looking character in comics, but he's not pinklaughing

if you say so... shifty

Marvel=DC
Since when is Glads pink he's always been purple but, it doesn't really matter cause he's ugly none the less. Also Glads destroying a planet is impressive but, Superman could probably do the same and on a final note Superman and other characters like Wonder Woman for instance that if properly written would be just about unstoppable just think about it look at Supes old Pre crisis level and WW has the powers of the freaking gods of strength, wisdom, speed and has trained under war gods logically speaking(I know, I know it's a comic) she should be faster than Flash she's faster than the GOD OF SPEED. She was gifted with the strength of the earth yet she can't or a least doesn't lift it or move it for that matter and Superman is stronger than her. But she and Superman aren't properly written to their full potential why because it was complained they were too powerful and comparing them to marvel was really no contest. It's really ironic if you think about it Superman was powered down because he was too powerful and in that instant marvel made a bunch of ripoffs that are supposed to be at that "pre crisis level" and poor Wonder Woman gets under written because Superman is supposed to be the most powerful what a shame for both of them.

UniOmni
^^^You sound like a fanboy in superman briefs. Yeah, he doesn't deserve capitals. No sir!! Truthfully, he had to be depowered, because it was boring. To me, if there is no challenge involved, then there is no hero. The definition of a hero is someone who defeats overwhelming odds. No overwhelming odds= no hero, much less superhero. Get my drift? But if thats how you like your hero's, more power to you.

P.S. Marvel doesn't do knockoffs. Glads borrowed some elements, but the handicap of his power makes him a much more interesting character.
And for the record, supes isn't the end all be all. There are those who are much more powerful than him in either universe. He can't punch everything to death.....the oaf!!

snoopdogg
Originally posted by UniOmni
^^^You sound like a fanboy in superman briefs. Yeah, he doesn't deserve capitals. No sir!! Truthfully, he had to be depowered, because it was boring. To me, if there is no challenge involved, then there is no hero. The definition of a hero is someone who defeats overwhelming odds. No overwhelming odds= no hero, much less superhero. Get my drift? But if thats how you like your hero's, more power to you.

P.S. Marvel doesn't do knockoffs. Glads borrowed some elements, but the handicap of his power makes him a much more interesting character.
And for the record, supes isn't the end all be all. There are those who are much more powerful than him in either universe. He can't punch everything to death.....the oaf!! Thats why Superman has more weaknesses than most heroes. He overcomes those odds in just about every comic. He don't have to fight villains more powerful than him cause he has weaknesses unlike most heroes.

A street level guy could put Superman on his knees with some K-nite.

Marvel=DC

And for the record, supes isn't the end all be all. There are those who are much more powerful than him in either universe. He can't punch everything to death.....the oaf!!

First of all I only said that because someone said Gladiator properly written would own Superman. I was just merely stating how many characters properly written would be way more powerful than they are now. I actually prefer characters with good fighting skills and decent origins and intriguing story lines like Wonder Woman, Spiderman, X-men(some X-men) to Superman. Characters who generally get over powered like Superman along with Thor and Silver Surfer do get very boring after a while like around ten.
Secondly for your information I wear thongs. laughing

UniOmni
To Snoopdog,
i don't know what comic you've been reading for the past 60+ years, but Superman has one weakness, that isn't really used that much. Most supes comics come down to him punching some guy. K-nite is never that big of a factor in his comics. The only ones who use it are Luthor and Brainiac and maybe Metallo. Never fully utilized. So, lets be real. His weakness's are K-nite, and magic. Neither which is used often.

snoopdogg
To Snoopdog,
i don't know what comic you've been reading for the past 60+ years, but Superman has one weakness, that isn't really used that much. Most supes comics come down to him punching some guy. K-nite is never that big of a factor in his comics. The only ones who use it are Luthor and Brainiac and maybe Metallo. Never fully utilized. So, lets be real. His weakness's are K-nite, and magic. Neither which is used often. What about red sunlight?

Or his need for white and yellow star radition?

Lucid Lui
Gladiator takes current Supes. That's just how it goes...

So what if he's a knock off, alot of characters are these days. Gladiator is a good character and has the potential to be a great one...

Juntai
I agree, Superman smashes Gladiator.

Ex11B
Honestly,i am not sure who would win this.

jplatinum
A fully confident or angry gladiator would snap superman in half.
He is stronger, lights years faster(try 100x lightspeed), he is leagues better fighter, and he would just demolish him.

A half confident gladiator would go the distance and loose, no doubt.

A fully confident gladiator would knock superman's block off, quick.

Half confident Gladiator 3/10.
Fully confident Gladiator 10/10.

Juntai
Superman is also multiples of light speed and can smash planets.
And he's actually been shown going multiples of lightspeed, whereas the Gladiator pic is another person proclaiming it.
Superman is everything Gladiator isn't.
Glad would move to half confidence just looking at big blue boyscout.

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by Juntai
Glad would move to half confidence just looking at big blue boyscout.
Gladiator was right there taking on Tyrant. Did he lose confidence while all kinds of uber-powerful beings were being beat down all around him? Nope. He had a better showing in that fight than most of the Heralds. He's also taken on Superman level characters before, didn't lose confidence then.

Gladiator can take the current Superman. Wouldn't be easy, but he'd do it.

Juntai
Gladiator at full confidence is barely equal to everyday Supes, bloodlust and it's over.

Lucid Lui
It's just completely stupid to say that's Glads is "barely equal to everyday Supes". Glads has flown through stars, destroyed planets, flown 100x the speed of light etc...

I enjoy debating fights, but when you just ignore facts and don't acknowledge both participants feats, it just defeats the purpose. There's no point if that how you're gonna debate...

Scoobless

just makes him more Unique.... either that or Thanos's rebellious love child

Wynndar
Yea...maybe they only like caucasian super heroes laughing

kgkg
Gladiator at full confidence is barely equal to everyday Supes, bloodlust and it's over.
Barely equal ?

A blast that could destroy half a solar system. He took like nothing, and contains it.

Moves 100X light speed not much acceleration needed

Moves planets, destroys planet with one punch.

It’s pretty much Pre Crisis Superman

leonidas
think that's warlock you meant to address, snoop. and supes was about to one punch adam with a blow that would have destroyed a moon. imagine if HE threw little tantrums like gladiator and just started wailing away on a ball of rock like glads did. the result would likely be the same or very nearly so. to say supes isn't capable of doing what glads did to that planet is ridiculous. and in space supes has been shown just recently to be able to travel WELL past the speed of light (the wonder woman fight).

not only that, enraged supes is stronger than normal supes. over all, coupled with the fact that glads' confidence would certainly waver against superman, superman would win this fight.

kgkg
Originally posted by leonidas
think that's warlock you meant to address, snoop. and supes was about to one punch adam with a blow that would have destroyed a moon. imagine if HE threw little tantrums like gladiator and just started wailing away on a ball of rock like glads did. the result would likely be the same or very nearly so. to say supes isn't capable of doing what glads did to that planet is ridiculous. and in space supes has been shown just recently to be able to travel WELL past the speed of light (the wonder woman fight).

not only that, enraged supes is stronger than normal supes. over all, coupled with the fact that glads' confidence would certainly waver against superman, superman would win this fight.
Said? Gladiator, Reed etc have said there is no equal to Gladiator in terms of power

Talk about said.

It is also said Gladiator can rip Stars

As for the speed nearly light speed. It’s more like DC doesn't know there distant right.

1) Supes could go light speed in space.
2) Recent Superman couldn't catch bullets? Meaning what he need acceleration to achieve high speed
3) When superman did go at light speed (in a vortex) he was being accelerated before he hit light speed (for a while)

Galadiator went 100X light speed like that.

A well written Galdiator using those powers will make Superman look like he is frozen

Darth_Erebus
You would need Pre Crisis Superman to go against Gladiator and then it would be a good fight. The current version of Superman doesn't stand a chance against Gladiator.

Juntai
Recent Superman is many times lightspeed, on top of what was said above...he carried Darkseid to the sun midsentence and finished it when he got there, in one panel. lol.
And has been showing cracking moons in half, and telling adam he was about to hit him with a moon destroying punch.
And he wasn't even tantruming.
this is every day Superman.

And Gladiator isnt much out of this range at full power.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by kgkg
Said? Gladiator, Reed etc have said there is no equal to Gladiator in terms of power

Talk about said.

It is also said Gladiator can rip Stars

As for the speed nearly light speed. It’s more like DC doesn't know there distant right.

1) Supes could go light speed in space.
2) Recent Superman couldn't catch bullets? Meaning what he need acceleration to achieve high speed
3) When superman did go at light speed (in a vortex) he was being accelerated before he hit light speed (for a while)

Galadiator went 100X light speed like that.

A well written Galdiator using those powers will make Superman look like he is frozen

And Gladiator has been knocked over by Gambits cards.
Reed's said Superman + cosmic power is the second most powerful being in existence...not exactly a reliable source...
Supes catches bullets all the time. You aren't gaining any credibility there...
Glads lost to thor..supes beat thor.

Avalonofthewind
Recent Superman is many times lightspeed, on top of what was said above...he carried Darkseid to the sun midsentence and finished it when he got there, in one panel. lol.
And has been showing cracking moons in half, and telling adam he was about to hit him with a moon destroying punch.

Hey, since we are going by Reeds says....
Superboy said Superman could destroy the earth with a sneeze...

TheKahn

Speaking of which how did Superman talk in space? no air = no sound.
And where has it been proven that current superman can fly faster than the speed of light

yahman
Originally posted by King KAM
The man of Steel will crush Gladiator, Glads is knock off of him and isnt as strong or durable only faster, but he isnt a match for Supes, Glads got put down by the Hulk and the Hulk is Supes' biotch, the man of tommorow can lift 100,000 tons when glads can do that, then we will say he is stronger but untill he stops losing to Cannonball, and others, then he is only second place,
straight up.

Hyperion beats them all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In cool, factor anyway.

smile He is wearing a top that is pretty much the union jack.

Juntai
Originally posted by TheKahn
Speaking of which how did Superman talk in space? no air = no sound.
And where has it been proven that current superman can fly faster than the speed of light Read the post you quoted, in the middle of a sentence he flew from the earth to the sun carying Darkseid.

TheKahn
Read the post you quoted, in the middle of a sentence he flew from the earth to the sun carying Darkseid.

And all you have to go on as far as the amount of time that lapsed was Superman completing a sentence which would be impossible to do anyway since you can't talk in SPACE
He could have stated the sentence on earth, fly to the sun (who knows how long that took), and finished it at the sun for dramatic effect

Juntai
And all you have to go on as far as the amount of time that lapsed was Superman completing a sentence which would be impossible to do anyway since you can't talk in SPACE
He could have stated the sentence on earth, fly to the sun (who knows how long that took), and finished it at the sun for dramatic effect Him starting talking on earth and ending it at the sun, in the same panel is much more proof than another character just exclaiming Gladiator to being much ftls.
Or the fact he's flown out of black holes?
or

TheKahn
It was Reed Richards one of the most intelligent individual on the planet staring at a freaking computer screne vs the time it takes to make a physically impossible sentence

Juntai
space bends around him and time slows down?

the Darkone
A well written Gladiator will kill superman, Gladiator is a warrior born race of supermen. If we are talking about a all out h2h combat superman will get his a$$ kicked every time.

Gladiator 10/10 confident

Juntai
Or how about him in Sacrifice moving faster than Flash and smashing the Justice League?
He even noted how he was faster than Wally.
On foot even.
And proved it.

TheKahn
I don't recall anyone saying that Flash could think or react at faster than light speeds only run.

yahman
Originally posted by the Darkone
A well written Gladiator will kill superman, Gladiator is a warrior born race of supermen. If we are talking about a all out h2h combat superman will get his a$$ kicked every time.

Gladiator 10/10 confident

A normally written Superman would kill a normally written Gladiator. smile

yahman
I don't recall anyone saying that Flash could think or react at faster than light speeds only run.

Ehhhh ??????????? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Juntai
I don't recall anyone saying that Flash could think or react at faster than light speeds only run. Are you a dummy?
Reread what you wrote until you understand why you're dumb.

Juntai
Originally posted by yahman
A normally written Superman would kill a normally written Gladiator. smile Exactly, espetially when everyday Superman is on par with him at full power.

the Darkone
Gladiator will kick superman a$$ 24/7.

yahman
Exactly, espetially when everyday Superman is on par with him at full power.

Did you say 'on par' .... my friend you give Glads to much credit. smile

Superman is currently on a level above all the Marvel Higher tier characters, at their peaks. All there greatest victories and feats are regurlarly matched every month of the year, in atleast one of Supes various comics. smile IMO

Avalonofthewind

Do you know how to post without profanity? Are you 13 or something?

Princess Diana

by royal decree I declare this post rubbish smile

Juntai
Did you say 'on par' .... my friend you give Glads to much credit. smile

Superman is currently on a level above all the Marvel Higher tier characters, at their peaks. All there greatest victories and feats are regurlarly matched every month of the year, in atleast one of Supes various comics. smile IMO These days year.. since his OWAW sundip every other issue he does some nutso shit.
Like vibrating himself so that even Manchester Black couldnt sense him?
A telepath?

Lobotmised the same guy using heat vision through his eyes to cut off the part of the brain giving him power?
lmfao.

yahman
Originally posted by Princess Diana
by royal decree I declare this post rubbish smile

You have no Royal power !!!!!!!!! Your an EX living, EX Royal.

EX x EX = EX squared = No Royal power. smile

yahman
These days year.. since his OWAW sundip every other issue he does some nutso shit.
A telepath?

Lobotmised the same guy using heat vision through his eyes to cut off the part of the brain giving him power?
lmfao.

Indeed. Ridiculous stuff. It should be kept short and simple like Supreme power or masturb@tion. eek!

Marvel=DC
Glads is crap Superman is on a similar but higher level. Gladiator gets owned.

jplatinum
Gladaitor would crush superman.

Superman is an elite favorite who carries his owns series of comic books and movies, etc.
He is almost always drawn and written at his best so not to loose.

Gladiator is not even that widelly known even though he is really insanely powerful, at full confidence.

He is not ever really drawn or written to win his battles and so he looses to people who he should be able to destroy with the flick of his pinky finger.

Its pathetic and it sickens me.
If Gladiator is shown justice by the writers then he is unstoppable, especially against superman.

Gladiator gives superman 100x the beating doomsday gave him, then "kills" him.

Avalonofthewind
Superman will crush Glads.
Insanely powerful at full confidence? The jury is out on that one.
Superman has 4 books to maintain a month. If he is out crushing everyone in 1 or 2 panels, DC makes no money. Glads doesn't have that problem...hence, there should be no reason why he isn't always under full confidence if he is that powerful...yet, he still gets owned or beaten regularly.

And DD would beat the hell out of Glads.

Marvel=DC
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Superman will crush Glads.
Insanely powerful at full confidence? The jury is out on that one.
Superman has 4 books to maintain a month. If he is out crushing everyone in 1 or 2 panels, DC makes no money. Glads doesn't have that problem...hence, there should be no reason why he isn't always under full confidence if he is that powerful...yet, he still gets owned or beaten regularly.

And DD would beat the hell out of Glads.

You're so smart when I grow up I wanna be just like you.

olympian
"Or how about him in Sacrifice moving faster than Flash and smashing the Justice League?
On foot even.
And proved it."

Comics? Cartoon? Wally was at full speeds?

Running or combat speedblitz, if Wally used his best, it was nothing but jobbing.

"Exactly, espetially when everyday Superman is on par with him at full power."

And -you- tell someone to reread something because its rubbish?

No he isent.

"These days year.. since his OWAW sundip every other issue he does some nutso shit.
A telepath?"

A lame telepath then?

"Superman is currently on a level above all the Marvel Higher tier characters, at their peaks. All there greatest victories and feats are regurlarly matched every month of the year, in atleast one of Supes various comics"

And wich title would that one be?

And currently on a level where he -tops- every high Marvel feat? Too much coffeine today? Where he currently has feats that surpassed punching a time storm, or busting a planet like BRB and Glads?

You comedian.

Superman struggles after a sundip to move a planet size object. How does he at regulat levels tops high Marvel feats.

"Glads is crap Superman is on a similar but higher level. Gladiator gets owned."

If he is on a higher level by your statement, how does he get owned?

kgkg
space bends around him and time slows down? true for anybody moving fast.

golem370
He a Icon so why did doomsday kill him.

kgkg
Originally posted by golem370
He a Icon so why did doomsday kill him. To get CASH

King KAM
Supe is about to go all pre-crisis again too.....bad guys beware....

snoopdogg
Supe is about to go all pre-crisis again too.....bad guys beware.... Those are only rumors and nothing more.

King KAM
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Those are only rumors and nothing more.
read his new series that premieres this weak, it might now be in the main storyline, but it IS pre-crisis style.

sucka

snoopdogg
What is the title called sucka?

King KAM
What is the title called sucka?
man....i cant remember right now, look at the inside of superman and shazam on the second issue, theres a page with him sitting on a building thats the one.....i think it might just be called superman.

snoopdogg
man....i cant remember right now, look at the inside of superman and shazam on the second issue, theres a page with him sitting on a building thats the one.....i think it might just be called superman. Dude that is All-Star Superman. Its kinda like Marvels Ultimate line. Its not in continuity.

King KAM
Dude that is All-Star Superman. Its kinda like Marvels Ultimate line. Its not in continuity.
im fully aware of this.....but it is still pre -crisis style

kgkg
im fully aware of this.....but it is still pre -crisis style
They are going to make him Pre-Crisis then What?

What’s the point?

He can defeat Darksied rite now, which heroes in DC earth can give him a fight.

Green Lantern and Cosmic

Upgrading him is stupid idea, if they do upgrade him they would have to upgrade villains, and other heroes

golem370
The 100,000 ton thing is Silly Gladiator lifted the Baxter Building thats on par with that kind of Strength.

Marvel=DC
"Or how about him in Sacrifice moving faster than Flash and smashing the Justice League?
On foot even.
And proved it."

Running or combat speedblitz, if Wally used his best, it was nothing but jobbing.

No he isent.

"These days year.. since his OWAW sundip every other issue he does some nutso shit.
A telepath?"

A lame telepath then?

"Superman is currently on a level above all the Marvel Higher tier characters, at their peaks. All there greatest victories and feats are regurlarly matched every month of the year, in atleast one of Supes various comics"

And currently on a level where he -tops- every high Marvel feat? Too much coffeine today? Where he currently has feats that surpassed punching a time storm, or busting a planet like BRB and Glads?

You comedian.

Superman struggles after a sundip to move a planet size object. How does he at regulat levels tops high Marvel feats.

"Glads is crap Superman is on a similar but higher level. Gladiator gets owned."

If he is on a higher level by your statement, how does he get owned?

Because Superman is on the higher level didn't you read what I wrote.

Wynndar
Supes going back to pre-crisis?....Just when u thought he couldnt get any more redundant..."This looks like job for...."

Metalmanx
Gladiator would stomp Superman.

olympian
"Because Superman is on the higher level didn't you read what I wrote"

Yeah, just use ponctuation the next time. Seemed like you wer saying Glads was a crap Superman but was on a higher level.

Juntai
"Because Superman is on the higher level didn't you read what I wrote"

Yeah, just use ponctuation the next time. Seemed like you wer saying Glads was a crap Superman but was on a higher level. When I first read that post yesterday I thought the same thing, and I thought something was odd about it and kept rereading it till I got it.

Juntai
On foot even.
And proved it."

No he isent.

A telepath?"

A lame telepath then?

You comedian.

If he is on a higher level by your statement, how does he get owned? Once again, you're totally trying to downplay Superman feats, first off, he didn't struggle pushing Warworld, he did it, at any point was he saying "I can't do this, its too heavy"? No. Because it was effortless. And you'll also notice that it was a POWERED UP with INFINITE ENERGY warworld PUSHING AGAINST HIM with were already before the powerup FASTER THAN LIGHTSPEED ENGINES.

Superman has flown in and out of black holes, that's faster than light speed. Even beyond the times and pics shown. Superman was shown in the Black Adam, still wasn't even angry or going all out, "That punch would have split the moon in half." Or how about the pic when he's flying through a moon effortlessly? If I'm remembering correctly, it was one of Jupiter's moons, which are planet sized bodies. And he didnt' struggle with that either.

And no, Manchester isn't a lame telepath, at one time he dominated pretty much every DC Earth bad guy, and had them in metroplis fighting Superman, and he smashed all of them in a few panels, effortlessly. A great feat on both of their parts. Even Martian Manhunter had noted how particularly powerful Manchester is, as he was able to hide his mind and several others away from him.. and we all know MM is one of the top tier mental combatants.

And about Superman being faster than Wally, outthinking and manuevering and speeding him... it's not the first time it's happened. He's cought or stopped or countered or reacted faster than Wally on multitudes of occasions. Just read JLA titles, you'll see.

And what he was saying about Superman regularly topping a lot of Marvel's top strength feats... in the last 3 or 4 years alone he's pretty much trumped all these feats of Gladiator and many others, and these are just regular him.. in an average one shot issue.. then he tops it again next issue.

Thing is, only certain scans are being posted consistantly but nonetheless these are JUST the RECENT ONES. While you're posting Gladiator or whovers ALL TIME greatest moments. That's what you fail to realise. Superman is like that EVERY issue. If he lashed out, even full power Gladiator would quake with fear as it's quite obvious that happy go lucky everyday Superman is on par with his greatest moments.

olympian
"Once again, you're totally trying to downplay Superman feats, first off, he didn't struggle pushing Warworld, he did it, at any point was he saying "I can't do this, its too heavy"? No. Because it was effortless. And you'll also notice that it was a POWERED UP with INFINITE ENERGY warworld PUSHING AGAINST HIM with were already before the powerup FASTER THAN LIGHTSPEED ENGINES."

Its not much as downplaying other than keeping things in check. Saying that on average he does things on the high level of what Glads and others do, its way of base.

When SUperman without being "amped" starts doing those things ala BRB and Gladiator, among a few others, then it starts not to be off base.

The struggling part comes from memory, wich granted i can be wrong. If you can post the page that would help.

"That punch would have split the moon in half"

"a" moon.

"And about Superman being faster than Wally, outthinking and manuevering and speeding him... it's not the first time it's happened. He's cought or stopped or countered or reacted faster than Wally on multitudes of occasions. Just read JLA titles, you'll see"

My question wasent if he can outmanover Wally. Hes close to his speed to do it.

Is if he actually with both at theyr max, was moving faster than Wally.

After all your post seemed to sugegst that with " he even noted how he was faster than Wally"

Thats the part that makes me say if it really happened, it was jobbing. Its pretty much known, that Wally either by running or reaction time -is- faster.

Or, Supes used his max and Wally didnt.

"And what he was saying about Superman regularly topping a lot of Marvel's top strength feats... in the last 3 or 4 years alone he's pretty much trumped all these feats of Gladiator and many others, and these are just regular him.. in an average one shot issue.. then he tops it again next issue. "

You will have to excuse me on this. But i wont change my argument on this one either. Gladiator busting a planet in pieces in 3 shots (wich Kal never did post crisis) isent even Marvels biggest feat/only that a high top tier guy has.

That Superman on average gets higher feats, than marvel - average- its a given.

High end feats on the other hand, he doesnt.

Juntai
You'll notice no struggling, and nearly infinite energy of an amped up Warworld/Imperiex machine moving AGAINST him.

Juntai
It took Gladiator three punches to destroy a celestial sized object?
It takes Superman one.

And you may say it's just a moon, but with varrying sizes, some moons being even larger than planets, some of Jupiters for instance are around the size of the Earth or even bigger...

Still, it's pretty obvious it doesn't matter how much rock is there, it could be another 3422487 miles wide and would still get smashed.

Avalonofthewind
This is what I find funny about these threads...everyone is always at their best, and Supes is expected to be regular Supes in "Clark" gee golly mode...

Regular glads vs regular Supes...Supes wins.
Confident Glads vs Not holding back Supes... tougher, but Supes still wins.
Confident Glads vs Sundipped Supes ...Glads gets Slaughtered.
Confident Glads vs Supes Prime....Lets not even go there.
Confident Glads vs E2 Supes.... Glads gets Slaughtered.

Take your pick.

Avalonofthewind
It took Gladiator three punches to destroy a celestial sized object?
It takes Superman one.

And you may say it's just a moon, but with varrying sizes, some moons being even larger than planets, some of Jupiters for instance are around the size of the Earth or even bigger...

Still, it's pretty obvious it doesn't matter how much rock is there, it could be another 3422487 miles wide and would still get smashed.

Lets not forget that this is Superman, what possible reason would he have to go around Destroying Planets anyway? It's obvious that the guy could...but why would he? This isn't DBZ.

Juntai
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
This is what I find funny about these threads...everyone is always at their best, and Supes is expected to be regular Supes in "Clark" gee golly mode...

Regular glads vs regular Supes...Supes wins.
Confident Glads vs Not holding back Supes... tougher, but Supes still wins.
Confident Glads vs Sundipped Supes ...Glads gets Slaughtered.
Confident Glads vs Supes Prime....Lets not even go there.
Confident Glads vs E2 Supes.... Glads gets Slaughtered.

Take your pick. This is what I've been saying, and attempting to get through to these people who apperently do not read Superman. Everyday Clark is in the same range as Gladiator at his mighest feats. I see the same Gladiator feats over and over, when we can show Superman a month or so ago doing a "split the moon" punch, without even going all out or being amped up or anything, whereas Gladiator doing these feats is like one back in the 60s... one in the 80s... when he was at his greatest moments in power. Every day Supes... all time Gladiator.. they just don't get it.

dvampire
Once again, you're totally trying to downplay Superman feats, first off, he didn't struggle pushing Warworld, he did it, at any point was he saying "I can't do this, its too heavy"? No. Because it was effortless. And you'll also notice that it was a POWERED UP with INFINITE ENERGY warworld PUSHING AGAINST HIM with were already before the powerup FASTER THAN LIGHTSPEED ENGINES.

Superman has flown in and out of black holes, that's faster than light speed. Even beyond the times and pics shown. Superman was shown in the Black Adam, still wasn't even angry or going all out, "That punch would have split the moon in half." Or how about the pic when he's flying through a moon effortlessly? If I'm remembering correctly, it was one of Jupiter's moons, which are planet sized bodies. And he didnt' struggle with that either.

And no, Manchester isn't a lame telepath, at one time he dominated pretty much every DC Earth bad guy, and had them in metroplis fighting Superman, and he smashed all of them in a few panels, effortlessly. A great feat on both of their parts. Even Martian Manhunter had noted how particularly powerful Manchester is, as he was able to hide his mind and several others away from him.. and we all know MM is one of the top tier mental combatants.

And about Superman being faster than Wally, outthinking and manuevering and speeding him... it's not the first time it's happened. He's cought or stopped or countered or reacted faster than Wally on multitudes of occasions. Just read JLA titles, you'll see.

And what he was saying about Superman regularly topping a lot of Marvel's top strength feats... in the last 3 or 4 years alone he's pretty much trumped all these feats of Gladiator and many others, and these are just regular him.. in an average one shot issue.. then he tops it again next issue.

Thing is, only certain scans are being posted consistantly but nonetheless these are JUST the RECENT ONES. While you're posting Gladiator or whovers ALL TIME greatest moments. That's what you fail to realise. Superman is like that EVERY issue. If he lashed out, even full power Gladiator would quake with fear as it's quite obvious that happy go lucky everyday Superman is on par with his greatest moments.

Nice post! I think if Thor is able to give Glads a good whooping, Superman whould just do the same, only faster IMO. smile

Wynndar
sundipped...that just sounds so gay

JediMasterLuke5
Lets just put it this way, superman owns gladiator

yahman
"Once again, you're totally trying to downplay Superman feats, first off, he didn't struggle pushing Warworld, he did it, at any point was he saying "I can't do this, its too heavy"? No. Because it was effortless. And you'll also notice that it was a POWERED UP with INFINITE ENERGY warworld PUSHING AGAINST HIM with were already before the powerup FASTER THAN LIGHTSPEED ENGINES."

Its not much as downplaying other than keeping things in check. Saying that on average he does things on the high level of what Glads and others do, its way of base.

When SUperman without being "amped" starts doing those things ala BRB and Gladiator, among a few others, then it starts not to be off base.

The struggling part comes from memory, wich granted i can be wrong. If you can post the page that would help.

"That punch would have split the moon in half"

"a" moon.

"And about Superman being faster than Wally, outthinking and manuevering and speeding him... it's not the first time it's happened. He's cought or stopped or countered or reacted faster than Wally on multitudes of occasions. Just read JLA titles, you'll see"

My question wasent if he can outmanover Wally. Hes close to his speed to do it.

Is if he actually with both at theyr max, was moving faster than Wally.

After all your post seemed to sugegst that with " he even noted how he was faster than Wally"

Thats the part that makes me say if it really happened, it was jobbing. Its pretty much known, that Wally either by running or reaction time -is- faster.

Or, Supes used his max and Wally didnt.

"And what he was saying about Superman regularly topping a lot of Marvel's top strength feats... in the last 3 or 4 years alone he's pretty much trumped all these feats of Gladiator and many others, and these are just regular him.. in an average one shot issue.. then he tops it again next issue. "

You will have to excuse me on this. But i wont change my argument on this one either. Gladiator busting a planet in pieces in 3 shots (wich Kal never did post crisis) isent even Marvels biggest feat/only that a high top tier guy has.

That Superman on average gets higher feats, than marvel - average- its a given.

High end feats on the other hand, he doesnt.

Olympian .... do i hear barrel scraping ?

kgkg
Mach speed vs Light speed (on earth)

Pick

Gladiator beats superman.

The only reason Gladiator would loose if Writer forgot he has speed (which happens)

yahman
Mach speed vs Light speed (on earth)

Pick

Gladiator beats superman.

The only reason Gladiator would loose if Writer forgot he has speed (which happens)

The only reason he would win, would be because youre writing the comic. smile

kgkg
The only reason he would win, would be because youre writing the comic. smile
These battles are Character can do what they have shown

Normal Supes can't even come to close to match Gladiators feats

just cuz u or supes fans don't like it is not my problem

Wynndar
just look at the title of this thread...how insecure can these superman fanboys be?

kgkg
Originally posted by Wynndar
just look at the title of this thread...how insecure can these superman fanboys be? laughing
people bring all the bad shit that happens to Gladiator.

going by forum rules (no CIS , PIS)

Gladiator whould be punching Superman 100X speed of light , with Punches that can blow world.

Gladiator wins using his powers

Wynndar
Superman's punches couldnt even phase Blackrock in his own comic book...he got a big ice cube dropped on him by Eradicator and it took him some time to get out from under it...while Gladiator goes around the metagalaxy at hyperspeed, shatters planets with his punches, and all the while doesnt need any nonsensical enhancement like being "sundipped" (sounds like a term u'd hear on queer eye or something).

illadelph12
I opened this thread thinking I'd read some compelling arguments, but it's like a Superman fan club rally.

People even going so far as to say Supes "Icon" status is a plus in an all out fight.

Sad.

There's no need to even comment.

Wynndar
Someone even made an argument against Gladiator's appearance.

Smaxxer
This is what I've been saying, and attempting to get through to these people who apperently do not read Superman. Everyday Clark is in the same range as Gladiator at his mighest feats. I see the same Gladiator feats over and over, when we can show Superman a month or so ago doing a "split the moon" punch, without even going all out or being amped up or anything, whereas Gladiator doing these feats is like one back in the 60s... one in the 80s... when he was at his greatest moments in power. Every day Supes... all time Gladiator.. they just don't get it.
You have a point there.

brainchild81
Originally posted by illadelph12
I opened this thread thinking I'd read some compelling arguments, but it's like a Superman fan club rally.

People even going so far as to say Supes "Icon" status is a plus in an all out fight.

Sad.

There's no need to even comment. Ditto.

UniOmni
Read this thread through, and its hilarious!!
Someone said "Superman can take on the top tier of Marvel Heroes".
Wrong!! The thing is, Superman couldn't take over Marvel Earth on his own. Truth. Once he goes into space, he is dwarfed by the sheer presence of beings. I don't care how many powers he gets(really getting oldbtw), he isn't invincible. Glads would beat him if confident. One hit, and he sees supes stumble, and his confidence goes through the roof. End of battle. Supes is powerful, but in Marvel, fights don't come down to who can hit hardest. Other factors come into play.

brainchild81
Damn good post.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Wynndar
Someone even made an argument against Gladiator's appearance. You made the same argument in Thing/Colossus.

illadelph12
laughing

He did?

snoopdogg
I keep hearing Gladiator is faster than Superman in footspeed/fighting ability. He may be faster in space.

Lets see some scan that shows this awesome fighting speed. Or lets see a scan of him actually winning a fight.

leonidas
yes

and about making supes stumble and having his confidence go sky-high: his confidence is a silly thing. when thor beat him senseless was he not confident? he blitzed thor, knocked his hammer away and booted thor blocks away. that seems as though it would have made him pretty confident. yet later on, (after thor stopped considering him a 'friend') thor kicked his ass. GLADIATOR ADMITTED THOR WAS TOO STRONG FOR HIM. how's that possible if, when confident, he's all powerful physically?

was he not confident when he fought colossus and colossus gave him all he could handle? he appeared confident against the rock ball planetoid he broke up, but that didn't hit him back. he certainly caused supreme to stumble with his shots, but still it was pretty clear that, while glads was more skilled, supreme was the more powerful -- to the point where glads 'played dead' at the end of the fight.

how about the hulk? was he not confident there? he blitzed hulk, thought he polished him off, surely THAT should have made him feel confident! and yet what happened? hulk -- one dimensional hulk -- kicked his ass. and don't give me that crap about the pis ending. hulk dragged him unconscious or VERY nearly so, by the scruff of his neck to the reactor. that fight was finished before the reactor ever came into play. in that fight glads tried all his tricks -- vision, speedblitz, strength -- none of it was enough. even hyperion was said to be a near perfect match for him -- glads was just a better fighter.

what can we conclude? either he WAS confident in these instances and STILL failed, or as any tough fight comes about, he loses confidence so quickly that he loses the fight. never in any of these cases does it SAY he loses confidence. so are we just to assume it's all confidence related just because at some point in the distant past sue ko'd his ass with a force field shot??

the speed advantage has -- as has been said -- never been demonstrated in combat. he rushed thor and hulk, but he did not battle them at superspeed, as many many scans show supes doing, nor has he ever shown the ability to reach light speed on earth. he had the opportunity to do so against both thor AND hulk.

frankly, glads has NEVER been written consistently enough to claim he would beat superman. and that was BEFORE this revelation regarding superman's seeming ability to increase his strength a way similar to the hulk via sunlight.

snoopdogg
Didnt Gambit take out Gladiator also?

leonidas
i'm not sure, but THAT would be pretty funny. the whole 'confidence' thing just bugs me to no end. where in a comic (ff 250 aside) does it say his confidence wavers and costs him fights?

don't get me completely wrong -- this would NOT be an easy fight, by any stretch -- glads IS powerful, but the writing of his character has sucked and, unfortunately for glads' fans, glads, the character himself, has suffered for it.

snoopdogg
i'm not sure, but THAT would be pretty funny. the whole 'confidence' thing just bugs me to no end. where in a comic (ff 250 aside) does it say his confidence wavers and costs him fights?

don't get me completely wrong -- this would NOT be an easy fight, by any stretch -- glads IS powerful, but the writing of his character has sucked and, unfortunately for glads' fans, glads, the character himself, has suffered for it. In the 2004 FF encyclopedia it says something on Glads bio about his powers being psionicaly linked or something on those lines.

kgkg
yes

and about making supes stumble and having his confidence go sky-high: his confidence is a silly thing. when thor beat him senseless was he not confident? he blitzed thor, knocked his hammer away and booted thor blocks away. that seems as though it would have made him pretty confident. yet later on, (after thor stopped considering him a 'friend') thor kicked his ass. GLADIATOR ADMITTED THOR WAS TOO STRONG FOR HIM. how's that possible if, when confident, he's all powerful physically?

was he not confident when he fought colossus and colossus gave him all he could handle? he appeared confident against the rock ball planetoid he broke up, but that didn't hit him back. he certainly caused supreme to stumble with his shots, but still it was pretty clear that, while glads was more skilled, supreme was the more powerful -- to the point where glads 'played dead' at the end of the fight.

how about the hulk? was he not confident there? he blitzed hulk, thought he polished him off, surely THAT should have made him feel confident! and yet what happened? hulk -- one dimensional hulk -- kicked his ass. and don't give me that crap about the pis ending. hulk dragged him unconscious or VERY nearly so, by the scruff of his neck to the reactor. that fight was finished before the reactor ever came into play. in that fight glads tried all his tricks -- vision, speedblitz, strength -- none of it was enough. even hyperion was said to be a near perfect match for him -- glads was just a better fighter.

what can we conclude? either he WAS confident in these instances and STILL failed, or as any tough fight comes about, he loses confidence so quickly that he loses the fight. never in any of these cases does it SAY he loses confidence. so are we just to assume it's all confidence related just because at some point in the distant past sue ko'd his ass with a force field shot??

the speed advantage has -- as has been said -- never been demonstrated in combat. he rushed thor and hulk, but he did not battle them at superspeed, as many many scans show supes doing, nor has he ever shown the ability to reach light speed on earth. he had the opportunity to do so against both thor AND hulk.

frankly, glads has NEVER been written consistently enough to claim he would beat superman. and that was BEFORE this revelation regarding superman's seeming ability to increase his strength a way similar to the hulk via sunlight.
PSI , CIS

100 lightspeed blitz game over very simple.

leonidas
<<PSI , CIS

100 lightspeed blitz game over very simple.>>

wow, pis/cis in EVERY case? if it happens to him every time, how can it be pis/cis?no

ah, kg, i love these occasional little tiffs we have . . .

kgkg
<<PSI , CIS

100 lightspeed blitz game over very simple.>>

wow, pis/cis in EVERY case? if it happens to him every time, how can it be pis/cis?no

ah, kg, i love these occasional little tiffs we have . . .
If his not using speeds then yes its PIS

Rules says to there best.

Meaning Gladiator will be using speed all the time.

Not like once in 10 years like in the comic.

Gladiator is used as a plot to make Hulk, and THor look good.

Heck Gladiator had thor beat twice then they make Gladiator a retard (by forgetting his speed) and such.

Confident Gladiator match Thor at near light speed ---- and said they were equal

I mean I would agree if we go by what's shown in comic then this is defeate for Gladiator sadly the writers are f3cked up

Always using shitting writing and inconstant bullshit

n the forums tho he win ( since 100X lightspeed blitz)

Juntai
If his not using speeds then yes its PIS

Rules says to there best.

Meaning Gladiator will be using speed all the time.

Not like once in 10 years like in the comic.

Gladiator is used as a plot to make Hulk, and THor look good.

Heck Gladiator had thor beat twice then they make Gladiator a retard (by forgetting his speed) and such.

Confident Gladiator match Thor at near light speed ---- and said they were equal

I mean I would agree if we go by what's shown in comic then this is defeate for Gladiator sadly the writers are f3cked up

Always using shitting writing and inconstant bullshit

n the forums tho he win ( since 100X lightspeed blitz) Maybe... the single showing of 100x lightspeed is the PIS.

kgkg
Maybe... the single showing of 100x lightspeed is the PIS.
no since Gladiator has used Speed almost any battle his been at.

Just does it for few sec tho then he forgets he even has speed.(stu3pid writers)

Juntai
no since Gladiator has used Speed almost any battle his been at.

Just does it for few sec tho then he forgets he even has speed.(stu3pid writers) Using speed.. or 100x lightspeed?

Remember, the battle between combatants is determined at optimum levels, not unusually weak or strong.. but their consistant state...

consistantly, Superman is far stronger and generally higher caliber than Gladiator.

kgkg
Using speed.. or 100x lightspeed?

Remember, the battle between combatants is determined at optimum levels, not unusually weak or strong.. but their consistant state...

consistantly, Superman is far stronger and generally higher caliber than Gladiator.

agreed

roughrider
Gladiator IS Superman, in a different reality. And his power is still based on old pre-crisis levels. But because he is around the friges of Marvel, he is a convenient plot device to make someone else look good. Put fanboyism aside.
There has been talk, and some comics evidence, that Supergirl and Power Girl are the same being from two different univereses. Haven't they had trouble even standing next to each other - the old rule about the same matter co-existing? This could come into play between Glads and Supes.

juggernaut66666
superman=faget in a blue red suit he loses

ImmortalOne
Dude, a person that mocks Superman, mocks the very foundation of comic book-ism itself............. Cuz when someone hears the word comic............. the first thing that pops in his head is.......... SUPERMAN, THE ORIGINAL AND THE second BEST !!!!..........................................
Next to Homer that is !!!

leonidas
gldas being pre-c supes is not accurate. perhaps he was modelled after him at one time, but glads is NOT pre-c supes. pre-c had too many powers and feats to list here that glads has never/will never show.

and i agree jun -- maybe after all it WAS 100xc that was the pis. he has shwon speed since, but not of THAT calibre.

Lucid Lui
Yeah, Glads doesn't have enough consistent feats to put him at PC Supes level. I would put him even with current Supes, mainly cause he has too many PIS showings for them to truly be considered PIS.

Superman would by no means crush Gladiator. Ever. The fight would go back and forth for a very loooong time. And neither guy would come out unscathed. IMO, they're pretty much even. Gladiator would beat Superman just as many times as Superman would beat Gladiator.

ZephroCarnelian
Originally posted by roughrider
Gladiator IS Superman, in a different reality. And his power is still based on old pre-crisis levels.

He's not. And his power IS not.

When Gladiator can hear and see everything in the universe simultaneously with Super-senses, let us know.

When he can traverse the universe (not just a galaxy) in seconds, let us know.

When he can soar through dimensional barriers and through the fabric of time itself, flying to any point in history, punching throwing and carrying people and/or objects into the far past and future, let us know.

When he can teleport and re-appear anywhere, let us know.

When he can turn invisible, intangible or appear in several places at once, you know what number to dial.

------------------------------------------------

Gladiator against CURRENT Supes would be a fight.

But DON'T compare Gladiator to Pre-Crisis Superman.

The original and best.

Superman as he was, was in a different league. smile

kgkg
gldas being pre-c supes is not accurate. perhaps he was modelled after him at one time, but glads is NOT pre-c supes. pre-c had too many powers and feats to list here that glads has never/will never show.

and i agree jun -- maybe after all it WAS 100xc that was the pis. he has shwon speed since, but not of THAT calibre.
no 100X is not PIS since he travel on his own across the galaxy etc

olympian
"gldas being pre-c supes is not accurate. perhaps he was modelled after him at one time, but glads is NOT pre-c supes. pre-c had too many powers and feats to list here that glads has never/will never show"

Hes a toned down pre crisis Mon- El.

The Imperial Guard was modelled after the Pre crisis Legion of super heroes.

snoopdogg
You guys ever think that being projected out of a solar system destroying attack might have given him a little boost to reach 100x lightspeed.

leonidas
<<I mean I would agree if we go by what's shown in comic then this is defeate for Gladiator sadly the writers are f3cked up>>

IF we go by what's shown in comics?? since when do we do anything OTHER than go by what is shown in comics??

and kg, that issue where he is amtching thor's speed -- that battled on a ship that was moving that fast. THEY weren't moving that fast -- at least not relative to each other.

Dizzle
You guys ever think that being projected out of a solar system destroying attack might have given him a little boost to reach 100x lightspeed.

Except that it was stated that he himself was conataining said blast. Which would mean no, he probably isn't being propelled. He's probly even going a little slower than he could... Cuz he's spending energy on containing a solar system sized explosion. This is also probably the best argument for him having psionic powers, btw.

leonidas
<<Hes a toned down pre crisis Mon- El.
The Imperial Guard was modelled after the Pre crisis Legion of super heroes.>>

true, and i might actually buy that. BUT, being modelled after someone/something does not necessarily equate to being EQUAL to that thing or someone.

people spout a LOT of crap because they've seen or read it on a forum somewhere. problem is most on the forums are kids who don't even know who and what pre-c supes WAS! i swear, i have seen SOOOO many fallacies spread around here. how are they spread? because one person reads the statement then deems it true and tells others or uses it as an example somewhere.

glads is NOT equal to pre-c supes. if you don't believe me, check out some of pre-c supes' feats. they really aren't heard to find. last i checked, i've never seen glads JUGGLE planets . . .

snoopdogg
An explosion that powerul is gonna propel any object in the area.

Wether its chunks of a planet or Gladiator himself.

leonidas
yep.

kgkg
Seem like no one has read that issue wink

Gladiator contained that shit seemed like he also created the blast my attacking the ship

And he travels at that speed all the time.

Like I have said no PIS / CIS = dead Superman

Cosmic Cube
I wouldn't say Gladiator is as powerful as pre-crisis Superman. Pre-crisis Superman had the power of overly liberal writers who didn't give a rat's ass about consistency, or continuity. Using Pre-crisis Superman in an debate is pointless. There's no predicting what type of stunt he would perform, regardess of it's logical deficit.

So no. Gladiator is not a Pre-crisis Superman clone.

JediMasterLuke5
Gladiator sucks, Supe's wipes the floor with him. One hit from supe's and he is dead.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>