Mr. Mxyzptlk VS. The Living Tribunal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sentry
Scenario: Mr. Mxyzptlk has entered the Marvel Universe and has started causing havoc. Turning Thanos into a Rock, Shiar Empire into a school of fish, and turning high powered cosmic beings like Chaos and Order into Popsicles... Unfortunately, Mr. Mxyzptlk has caught the attention of the Living Tribunal... Some may compare him to the being known as Spectre... Mr. Mxyzptlk thinks he's a being like the Spectre... Unfortunately what Mr. Mxyzptlk doesn't know, is that Spectre has been put on his ass a hell of a lot more times than LT. The only being that has ever challenged and defeated the power of LT, was Thanos when he possessed the Heart Of The Universe...

Will judgement be passed? Or will Mr. Mxyzptlk have the last laugh?

Debate.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Sentry
Scenario: Mr. Mxyzptlk has entered the Marvel Universe and has started causing havoc. Turning Thanos into a Rock, Shiar Empire into a school of fish, and turning high powered cosmic beings like Chaos and Order into Popsicles... Unfortunately, Mr. Mxyzptlk has caught the attention of the Living Tribunal... Some may compare him to the being known as Spectre... Mr. Mxyzptlk thinks he's a being like the Spectre... Unfortunately what Mr. Mxyzptlk doesn't know, is that Spectre has been put on his ass a hell of a lot more times than LT. The only being that has ever challenged and defeated the power of LT, was Thanos when he possessed the Heart Of The Universe...

Will judgement be passed? Or will Mr. Mxyzptlk have the last laugh?

Debate.

Mxy is from a higher dimensional space (this is not like coming from the kind of dimensions Doctor Strange travels in). It means our Universes laws are his to play with. The question is can the living tribunals powers affect something whose nature is beyond his universe?

leonheartmm
well seeing as the tribynal couldnt stand upto the beyonder, i would say no, however, im not too familiar with Mr. whatever's level of power.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by leonheartmm
well seeing as the tribynal couldnt stand upto the beyonder, i would say no, however, im not too familiar with Mr. whatever's level of power.

he can basically play with reality like a Q from Star trek can, i.e. totally

colossus17
lol a really stupid thread.......LT will crush him like pre crisis JP crushed bamtan

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by colossus17
lol a really stupid thread.......LT will crush him like pre crisis JP crushed bamtan laughing out loud Oh no JP killed Bamtan. I don't see why Mr. Mxyzptlk would be beyond the LT's power.

Juntai
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
laughing out loud Oh no JP killed Bamtan. I don't see why Mr. Mxyzptlk would be beyond the LT's power. Because the third dimension doesn't mean shit to Myx. Damage means nothing to him, trying to erase him from the universe won't work, because he's above it. Everything in it is below him. You don't understand, he CANNOT BE DEFEATED. Unless him deciding to go home is a defeat. Cause that's the only way to stop him.

colossus17
Originally posted by Juntai
Because the third dimension doesn't mean shit to Myx. Damage means nothing to him, trying to erase him from the universe won't work, because he's above it. Everything in it is below him. You don't understand, he CANNOT BE DEFEATED. Unless him deciding to go home is a defeat. Cause that's the only way to stop him.

you fool LT is the guardian of the multiverse....that means he has full control over all universes,dimensions,realms,,,and everything...he is a multiversal being.....mr. mxy's dimension is part of the multiverse.....god dammit its a really stupid fight.......in a crossover silver surfer was able to reverse the affects of imp magic.....LT is infinitely beyond mr. mxy......

leonidas
<<Mxy is from a higher dimensional space (this is not like coming from the kind of dimensions Doctor Strange travels in). It means our Universes laws are his to play with. The question is can the living tribunals powers affect something whose nature is beyond his universe?>>

lt's purview is the marvel multiverse. since mxy comes from the dc multiverse and is outside even THAT, i'd say that lt (silly as it sounds) probably WOULDN'T be able to do much to mxy. hmm . . .

Marvelgeek
Because the third dimension doesn't mean shit to Myx. Damage means nothing to him, trying to erase him from the universe won't work, because he's above it. Everything in it is below him. You don't understand, he CANNOT BE DEFEATED. Unless him deciding to go home is a defeat. Cause that's the only way to stop him. Maybe LT could write Mixxys name backwards and mock his eyesight and call him an illiterate pixie stick out tongue

Juntai
you fool LT is the guardian of the multiverse....that means he has full control over all universes,dimensions,realms,,,and everything...he is a multiversal being.....mr. mxy's dimension is part of the multiverse.....god dammit its a really stupid fight.......in a crossover silver surfer was able to reverse the affects of imp magic.....LT is infinitely beyond mr. mxy...... Show me.

Juntai
Besides, he won't be that when Mxy's grabs the artists pencil and erases him.

colossus17
Show me.

dont have a scanner....

Juntai
And then suddenly LT realises he's a 2d sprite on the new Spendtendo gamewatch, and Mr Mxy is sole objective is to drop anvils on his head while he moves left to right over a narrow strip of grass.

How does he defend this?

Sentry
Show me.

Go here:

http://www.silver-surfer.us/Character_Bios/livingtribunal.htm

And here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Living_Tribunal

And here:

http://www.marveldatabase.com/wiki/index.php/Living_Tribunal

And here here:

http://www.drstrange.nl/drstrange/sanctum/book/livingtribunal.htm

They all pretty much say the same thing . Here:

He pretty much protects the Multi-Verse.

hoorayforpeepee
why does nobody realize that LT cannot, repeat, cannot be challenged unless the HOTU is involved?

if LT found himself in a Spentendo watch game he would snap is fingers, dispelling the illusion and obliteratng mxy.

xmarksthespot
It's also completely assumption that the LT is bound by 3-dimensions.

Sentry
Originally posted by hoorayforpeepee
why does nobody realize that LT cannot, repeat, cannot be challenged unless the HOTU is involved?

Whirly and the gang are very stubborn. Especially Juntai. One of the biggest, if not the biggest DC fanboy next to the Bootleg Boys. Remember that guy a few months back?

We Run These Streets!!! laughing

Juntai
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
It's also completely assumption that the LT is bound by 3-dimensions. Spectre isn't bound by 3 Dimensions, or time, or anything either, and he's completely powerless to Mxyz. You don't understand, Mxyz is a toon. He isn't bound by anything. He cannot be challenged period. He'll hop out of the comic, steal the pencil from the artist, and rewrite the whole thing so that LT is a bum who keeps catching the bad-side of Hawkman's mace repeatedly, every 1 billionth of a second until the end of the multiverse.

Dizzle
When 2 private worlds collide...

Mxyzptlk vs. Phoenix

Get GS in here! laughing

Seeing as Mxyzptlk IS a comic book character, and thereby bound into the comic book world... No, Juntai, he cannot jump out of comics and rewrite them. If you've seen him do this, check into rehab immediately. LT's beyond even reality warpers. Mxy is crap to pretty much any of the higher up beings... Celestials, Abstracts, stuff like that.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Dizzle

Mxyzptlk vs. Phoenix

Get GS in here! laughing

Seeing as Mxyzptlk IS a comic book character, and thereby bound into the comic book world... No, Juntai, he cannot jump out of comics and rewrite them. If you've seen him do this, check into rehab immediately. LT's beyond even reality warpers. Mxy is crap to pretty much any of the higher up beings... Celestials, Abstracts, stuff like that.

I disagree

Adventures in Flatland is a physics book, I suggest people read it, I have explained about a billion times the maths behind higher dimensional space on this forum, I can't be bothered to do it again. Last time I did it turned out Yahman had read Hyperspace by Kacku and understood a lot of the phyhsics which was pretty cool.

Keep the faith smile

Stay Whirly rock

leonidas
<<why does nobody realize that LT cannot, repeat, cannot be challenged unless the HOTU is involved?>>

why would you say that? beyonder (before retcon) also slapped him around. thanos with IG was proven more powerful. that says there are forces within the multiverse lt cannot overcome. and those forces are WITHIN his multiverse. mxy comes from OUTSIDE lt's multiverse and outside his OWN multiverse. he manipulates our reality limitlessly.

<<if LT found himself in a Spentendo watch game he would snap is fingers, dispelling the illusion and obliteratng mxy.>>

that's the thing - it wouldn't BE an illusion he was in, it would BE reality. say what you will about spectre, he has sort of become lt's opposite in the dcu. spectre being manhandled by imp magic says a GREAT deal about the power of an imp. were the imps apart of lt's multiverese, a case could be made for their dimension being part of the marvel multiverse (though it seems seperate from the dcu multiverse). but, since mxy is already from the dcu and hence outside lt's influence, why SHOULDN'T mxy be able to affect him?

a case can be made that lt could perhaps BAR him entry. but i don't see any reason why mxy wouldn't be able to affect lt. a better question might be what could lt do to mxy? has an imp ever been killed?

GalacticStorm
That Living Tribunal wikipedia link has an interesting reference to Phoenix. big grin

GalacticStorm
Mxy is subject to the will of the supreme being of DC is he not? In a crossover TOAA and the Presence are either one and the same or are diffrerent aspects of a DC/Marvel omniversal supreme being. LT serves this being. Nothing but the power of the supreme being is taking LT down. If Mxy is interfering with the natural order of the multiverse, if he does something which is within LT's jurisdiction to deal with, then Mxy will get taken out.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Mxy is subject to the will of the supreme being of DC is he not? In a crossover TOAA and the Presence are either one and the same or are diffrerent aspects of a DC/Marvel omniversal supreme being. LT serves this being. Nothing but the power of the supreme being is taking LT down. If Mxy is interfering with the natural order of the multiverse, if he does something which is within LT's jurisdiction to deal with, then Mxy will get taken out.

no myx is outside creation, this thread is about phoenix is it roll eyes (sarcastic)

Juntai
Spectre doesnt work for the Presence, he's part of it.
And in Emperor Joker, when Joker tricked him out of 90% of his powers or something, he had the Spectre floating around in space unable to react as he systematically began destroying the heros psyche and almost the universe.

Then again, the current Thunderbolt pen, which is also another imp.. Spectre just banished instantly. Then again, it's an outcast and imprisoned imp, or something, but he's still nearly limitless... I'm not sure if that's ever been retconned or what. Because these days they are little alike.

meep-meep
Originally posted by Dizzle

Mxyzptlk vs. Phoenix

Get GS in here! laughing

check into rehab indeed! eek! eek!

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
no myx is outside creation, this thread is about phoenix is it roll eyes (sarcastic)

How you came to that conclusion i really dont know. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mxy is still subject to the will of the supreme being he is still a creation of the supreme being is he not? As such if he tampers with the natural order, if he did something which placed him within LT's jurisdiction then he could be taken out by LT.

Whirlysplatt
How you came to that conclusion i really dont know. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mxy is still subject to the will of the supreme being he is still a creation of the supreme being is he not? As such if he tampers with the natural order, if he did something which placed him within LT's jurisdiction then he could be taken out by LT.

The imp Lykz trapped the spectre and heaven was aware the universe could not withstand the 5th dimension. I guess thats how, Spectre had god on his side smile

GalacticStorm
The imp Lykz trapped the spectre and heaven was aware the universe could not withstand the 5th dimension. I guess thats how, Spectre had god on his side smile

God works in mysterious ways is the old saying. In the end were the imps plans not thwarted. Was the universe not left intact?

Spectre differs from his counterpart LT in that his power levels vary. LT's do not. Nothing but gods will and power is beyond LT.

This has nothing to do with phoenix so why mention it?

Whirlysplatt
God works in mysterious ways is the old saying. In the end were the imps plans not thwarted. Was the universe not left intact?

Spectre differs from his counterpart LT in that his power levels vary. LT's do not. Nothing but gods will and power is beyond LT.

This has nothing to do with phoenix so why mention it?

because you did in this thread first

That Living Tribunal wikipedia link has an interesting reference to Phoenix. big grin

so why mention it?

My thoughts exactly smile

GalacticStorm
because you did in this thread first

so why mention it?

My thoughts exactly smile

Just for a laugh. I then got on topic with subsequent posts.

But you responded to and quoted a later post of mine which had nothing to do with phoenix.

Its a late hour so i'll excuse the misinterpretation.

Whirlysplatt
Just for a laugh. I then got on topic with subsequent posts.

But you responded to and quoted a later post of mine which had nothing to do with phoenix.

Its a late hour so i'll excuse the misinterpretation.

no misinterpretation, you mentioned it big grin

You may tell people I enjoy making others look silly GS, but really they do it themselves, I take no plEasure in it. smile Although pEople should not tell peoplE what othErs say about them imo. big grin

GalacticStorm
no misinterpretation, you mentioned it big grin

You may tell people I enjoy making others look silly GS, but really they do it themselves, I take no plEasure in it. smile Although pEople should not tell peoplE what othErs say about them imo. big grin

Do you not? Anything i say to others is nothing i havent mentioned or shown to be the case on threads.

Theres been no deception. Im very open. wink

If said person has indeed been forwarding messages to you on the premise that it is something to be kept secret then thats not my problem. Nothing i have said via IM is diffreent to what ive said publicly. So you were saying.......

Whirlysplatt
Do you not? Anything i say to others is nothing i havent mentioned or shown to be the case on threads.

Theres been no deception. Im very open. wink

If said person has indeed been forwarding messages to you on the premise that it is something to be kept secret then thats not my problem. Nothing i have said via IM is diffreent to what ive said publicly. So you were saying.......

smile you see I know the half of it smile

I hope you don't feel picked on

I'm glad i'm such a subject of conversation to you fishy smile

I never mention you or anyone else except in reply, interesting how much I mEan to you big grin

yahman
you fool LT is the guardian of the multiverse....that means he has full control over all universes,dimensions,realms,,,and everything...he is a multiversal being.....mr. mxy's dimension is part of the multiverse.....god dammit its a really stupid fight.......in a crossover silver surfer was able to reverse the affects of imp magic.....LT is infinitely beyond mr. mxy......

I con cure. Whirly has a good point, but i think all the really uber powerful characters, have control over higher Dimensions. E.G. what we see of them is only our 4D interpretation. My evidence for this is Hyper storm.He was able manipulate Hyper Space (according to the Ultimate FF4 guild any way) and he had his ass handed to him by Galacatus. Whirly is right, if these beings only work on a 4 dimensional plane.

GalacticStorm
smile you see I know the half of it smile

I hope you don't feel picked on

Not at all. Because i have nothing to hide. This is after all just a comic book forum im quite open with my views and opinions. Anything ive said through IM ive already posted on threads. If you hear differently then i assure you that thats very much the case. big grin

GalacticStorm
Oh youve edited.

I refer to you when asked about you. If the subject isnt related then you dont get a mention im afraid lol.

Have you found anything ive said on forum offensive or deceitful?

I assume the answer is no. If that is the case then the content of my IM's are irrelevant.

It seems you have been misinformed for some unknown reason. I am currently dealing with the situation believe me.

Whirlysplatt
Not at all. Because i have nothing to hide. This is after all just a comic book forum im quite open with my views and opinions. Anything ive said through IM ive already posted on threads. If you hear differently then i assure you that thats very much the case. big grin

You see only one who sees debates as about winning and losing, can feel they look stupid GS, i'm sorry about this. smile I would say your response to Richrf indicates this smile Even more than your im coversations about me, again i'm glad you spend that much time discussing me. I never mention anyone else except in reply. big grin Can you say the same?

big grin

GalacticStorm
You see only one who sees debates as about winning and losing, can feel they look stupid GS, i'm sorry about this. smile I would say your response to Richrf indicates this smile Even more than your im coversations about me, again i'm glad you spend that much time discussing me. I never mention anyone else except in reply. big grin Can you say the same?

big grin

I most certainly can. I refer you to my previous post. Im sorry you dont occupy nearly as much of my time as you'd like to think. You have been misinformed. Not my problem. wink

Whirlysplatt
I most certainly can. I refer you to my previous post. Im sorry you dont occupy nearly as much of my time as you'd like to think. You have been misinformed. Not my problem. wink

Then obviously I did know the half of it, but why bother anyway big grin

long pig
Did JP really beat Bamtan? Seriously.

jplatinum
LT all the time.

long pig
I thought Bamtan has the power of 1 million exploding fanboys! Wtf??

Richrf
Why the heck is PF mentioned?

PF is way above LT anyway, so even if LT loses, it doesn't mean PF will.

zachrivard
Originally posted by long pig
I thought Bamtan has the power of 1 million exploding fanboys! Wtf??

lmao

Solidus Snake
LT wins

easily

leonidas
as an imp ever been killed?

Solidus Snake
as for de person who said that the imp disposed of spectre easily. the reason the spectre couldnt break free is because life was on the planetoid and if he broke free he would have killed everyone as he was the powersource for teh planetoid. spectre did not have the resourcefulness to escape. but he had the power to.

the spectre can control all of the dimensions taht mxyie can.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by leonidas
as an imp ever been killed?

There was "The Death of Mxy" in which Mxy fought a Doomsday that he created himself.

After his "death" he came back about 1 page and a half later.

Does that count? confused

ImmortalOne
Does this all mean that theres another heaven , another GOD, another band of Led Zeppelin, in the 5thD ??

Is 5thD out of the reaches of THe Presence ??

long pig
No, there is only one of the Zep.

ImmortalOne
Originally posted by ImmortalOne
Does this all mean that theres another heaven , another GOD, another band of Led Zeppelin, in the 5thD ??

Is 5thD out of the reaches of THe Presence ??

Still waiting !!

Superherovandal
No the Presence is the supreme being still but the 5D imps are above nearly everyone in DC except for a select few like Micheal, Lucifer, Wally the God Boy,THePresence, TGEB.

leonidas
<<Is 5thD out of the reaches of THe Presence ??>>

that IS what seems to be implied though. that, or the presence for some reason purposely seperated them. i've wondered the same thing . . .

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.