Killzone

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tha C-Master
A great game, I recommend it, people keep saying it isn't a halo killer, but it isn't really like halo, nor is it intended to be.

Has anyone actually played it? smokin'

robotfighter
this game was such a letdown. It had great graphics and the environments were cool, but the gameplay was bad. Online, the hit detection was awful, and in the single player, the AI was terrible. The missions were just too linear, and that sniper rifle - horrid. I really had hoped for more.

I just grabbed the Bet on Soldier demo for PC, and it's interesting in that the graphical style is very similar to Killzone, but the game plays a heck of a lot better. Here's to hoping Killzone 2 for PS3 is better.

Neo_Version 7
Originally posted by robotfighter
this game was such a letdown. It had great graphics and the environments were cool, but the gameplay was bad. Online, the hit detection was awful, and in the single player, the AI was terrible. The missions were just too linear, and that sniper rifle - horrid. I really had hoped for more.

I just grabbed the Bet on Soldier demo for PC, and it's interesting in that the graphical style is very similar to Killzone, but the game plays a heck of a lot better. Here's to hoping Killzone 2 for PS3 is better.

Agreed.

el_barto
I liked it, alot of the levels got repetative, and the AI was anoying

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by robotfighter

someone responded eek!

Now I disagree, the environments were on of a kind, and I liked the weapon styles on there.

I haven't played online too much, and that was my biggest complaint, and the AI isn't any different than what I experienced with halo.

I also liked the darker feel of it all.

darth-yoda
killzones graphics were too good the ps2 didnt load them at times for me i would be stood in game space getting shoot at by the ai threw a building and i cloulnt shoot them

Tha C-Master

jaden101
reasonable game...some aspects were very poorly executed...as robotfighter mentioned...the sniper rifle was utterly terrible

they didn't make that much use of stationary weapons either with the exception of the mounted gun on the first level

and it was a bit short and far too easy as well

Tha C-Master
The sniper was ok, but it could've used dual analog.

I did love the environment and feel though, to me the Ai was no worse than halo...

jaden101
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
The sniper was ok, but it could've used dual analog.

I did love the environment and feel though, to me the Ai was no worse than halo...

mmm...not sure about that...the AI (or artificial stupidity as it should be known) is laughable at parts in killzone...the last level on the space station where there is the glass room with the corridors leading up to it...and also out from the top of it

you wait under the stairs out of site of the main room and let him march one after the other into the path of your machine guns...pretty dumb if you ask me

Tha C-Master
Like I said in multiplayer its better, single player isn't great, but it can function.

At least you do get to kill bots in multiplayer.

AR, artificial retardation, lol.

Red Superfly
Nice cutscenes. Average game.

Brilliant stylising, but a bit TOO drab for a videogame. Would work in short bursts.

hotsauce6548
I'd have to say miss.

Although I did enjoy the nice graphics, cool environments, and some of the weapons, there were two many drag-downs.

First of all, no jump button. I don't care what kind of FPS you make, you need to have a jump button.

The sniper rifle was horrible. 'Nuff said.

The game was extremely linear. One path to go down... that's about it.

I didn't take it online, so I can't truely comment on that, but I have heard the stories. wink

Overall, not much fun for me...

Red Superfly
Originally posted by hotsauce6548
I'd have to say miss.

First of all, no jump button. I don't care what kind of FPS you make, you need to have a jump button.

Goleneye didn't have a jump button, then again it was a game that was so well designed you didn't need one, or was made aware that you could do with one.

A game with no jump function that mkaes the player want to jump is badly designed. It's just bad level design matched with ill-suited game mechanics. Killzone is an example of this.

SnakeEyes
I would have given this game a shot, but I'm not too good at FPS's for consoles... Keyboard and mouse is just so much better, more superior.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by hotsauce6548
I'd have to say miss.

Although I did enjoy the nice graphics, cool environments, and some of the weapons, there were two many drag-downs.

The sniper rifle was horrible. 'Nuff said.

The game was extremely linear. One path to go down... that's about it.

I didn't take it online, so I can't truely comment on that, but I have heard the stories. wink

Overall, not much fun for me... Most shooters suffer from this though, the no jump button linearity.

Granted killzone wasn't perfect, and it shouldn't be compared to halo being so different, but it should and I hope will improve.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.