Namor vs. Black Adam

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

roughrider
They collide in mid-air ( Namor bursts up from the water) and both have been having a bad day. There is some suprise at first, looking at one another - "It's like looking in a Mirror!" - then both decide they don't like seeing their resemblence on the other.

Black Adam: I'll put some red in your face.
Namor: And I can make you deathly pale.

And away they go, above the ocean.
Who sinks who?

Juntai
And Black Adam smashes him badly.

Wickerman
Originally posted by roughrider
They collide in mid-air ( Namor bursts up from the water) and both have been having a bad day. There is some suprise at first, looking at one another - "It's like looking in a Mirror!" - then both decide they don't like seeing their resemblence on the other.

Black Adam: I'll put some red in your face.
Namor: And I can make you deathly pale.

And away they go, above the ocean.
Who sinks who?

Nasty scenario erm

Black Adam can put the pain on him badly.....and i mean BADLY.....but seeing as how they're over the ocean and all, assuming Namor goes back into the water one way or the other, he's just gonna come back for more, rejuvenated and ready to go.

The question is: Will BA figure out the water's effect on Namor and therefore be more cautious BEFORE he gets too tired and gets his ass kicked?

~wickerman~

Juntai
He has the wisdom of the gods.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Juntai
He has the wisdom of the gods.

Actually the wisdom of Solomon if i remember correctly?

~wickerman~

Magic_attack
Originally posted by Wickerman
Actually the wisdom of Solomon if i remember correctly?

~wickerman~

Actually the wisodm of Zehuti. Black Adam uses the power of the Egyptian gods.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Magic_attack
Actually the wisodm of Zehuti. Black Adam uses the power of the Egyptian gods.

Oh right. Confused him with Cap. M embarrasment

~wickerman~

Magic_attack
No prob. wink

Wickerman
Here, so that there's no further confusion:

When he speaks the word of power "Shazam," Theo Adam is gifted with the stamina of Shu, the swiftness of Heru (Horus), the strength of Ammon, the wisdom of Zehuti (Thoth), the power of Aten, and the courage of Mehen.

~wickerman~

olympian
Edge to Adam. Figthing out of waterm Namor will weaken with time. Adam is faster, has more ofensive ways (thunderclap and ligthing), its more of a tricky fighter.

Slighty stronger as well.

Wickerman
Originally posted by olympian
Edge to Adam. Figthing out of waterm Namor will weaken with time. Adam is faster, has more ofensive ways (thunderclap and ligthing), its more of a tricky fighter.

Slighty stronger as well.

I'd say he's alot stronger, not just slightly, but anyway. Like i said, i'm saying BA wins, and then Namor drops into the water only to return fully rejuvenated. Hopefully Adam catches on wink

~wickerman~

snoopdogg
With all due respect to Namor.

He will die regardless.

Cameron Scott
Black Adam smacks him around badly. Black Adam actually uses his speed very effectively in battle, and if he needs to, he would just speedblitz Namor.

Sentry
I'd say he's alot stronger, not just slightly, but anyway. Like i said, i'm saying BA wins, and then Namor drops into the water only to return fully rejuvenated. Hopefully Adam catches on wink

~wickerman~

Namor is a class 200,000 + as well you know. Ask jrod and DC. Their was a Captain Marvel VS. Namor Thread put up awhile ago. Namor did fairly well in that debate. With that being said, Adam should take it. If they battle in the ocean, Namor will probably have a better chance.

K3VIL
Originally posted by Sentry
Namor is a class 200,000 + as well you know. Ask jrod and DC. Their was a Captain Marvel VS. Namor Thread put up awhile ago. Namor did fairly well in that debate. With that being said, Adam should take it. If they battle in the ocean, Namor will probably have a better chance.
First of all, looking at scans of Namor VS half-god Hercules and the reason of their fight, it's clear Hercules was holding back and trying to wake up Namor from his desperation.
Hercules in half-god form is Thor's equal without the hammer, he can own Namor anyday.
Captain Marvel is at Thor's level, and he'll own Namor too, real bad I can tell you.
BA too.

EsteemedLeader
Black Adam is relentless, he won't stop until Namor is dead. Namor tries rushing into the water, Black Adam sees the pattern, Namor tries it again, Adam is gonna intercept and f*** him up. I give it to BA 7/10

Wickerman
Originally posted by K3VIL
First of all, looking at scans of Namor VS half-god Hercules and the reason of their fight, it's clear Hercules was holding back and trying to wake up Namor from his desperation.
Hercules in half-god form is Thor's equal without the hammer, he can own Namor anyday.
Captain Marvel is at Thor's level, and he'll own Namor too, real bad I can tell you.
BA too.

er.........wake him up = something along the lines of "Bring back your warrior spirit" or something as i recall....right? I remember that fight....Namor was getting pwned, and then went into the water and busted out....he was getting pwned regardless sad

Anyway as i said, i still think BA is stronger than Namor, faster, probably wiser, though i'm not so sure. I think Namor could surprise him once or twice....maybe even three times before he catches on...so i'd say BA wins 7 or 8/10

~wickerman~

jrodslam
Actually Wickerman both you and K3VIL are wrong. Hercules wasnt holding back, and neither was Namor. Secondly Namor was not getting pwned. Look at the fight again. All hits were even.

I do however think BA would win. Hes just as rutheless as Namor, could be stronger although featwise, it hasnt been shown. Does BA have the ability to stack his powers like CM? He hasnt done it before. Black Adam is faster as well. Lightning is out of the question though. Therefore i guess they go blow for blow. Due to BA's speed advantage he takes 6.5/10 imo. Maybe even 7 if Namor is having a bad day.

leonidas
<<Anyway as i said, i still think BA is stronger than Namor, faster, probably wiser, though i'm not so sure. I think Namor could surprise him once or twice....maybe even three times before he catches on...so i'd say BA wins 7 or 8/10>>

good post. i agree completely.

Wickerman
Originally posted by jrodslam
Actually Wickerman both you and K3VIL are wrong. Hercules wasnt holding back, and neither was Namor. Secondly Namor was not getting pwned. Look at the fight again. All hits were even.

I do however think BA would win. Hes just as rutheless as Namor, could be stronger although featwise, it hasnt been shown. Does BA have the ability to stack his powers like CM? He hasnt done it before. Black Adam is faster as well. Lightning is out of the question though. Therefore i guess they go blow for blow. Due to BA's speed advantage he takes 6.5/10 imo. Maybe even 7 if Namor is having a bad day.

Hmmm.....

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y2...ersV1262-13.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y2...ersV1262-14.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y2...ersV1262-15.jpg

Next one is Herc punkin Namor all the way back into the water (not very smart move sad )

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y2...ersV1262-16.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y2...ersV1262-17.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y2...ersV1262-18.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y2...ersV1262-19.jpg

Looks to me like Namor was losing pretty damn badly before he got thrown into the water.....and after getting out fresh and rejuvenated, they were trading blows and were stopped.....maybe i exaggerated a bit with the pwned, but he DID get his ass pretty well whooped i'd say erm

~wickerman~

ps: pics are from olympian wink

jrodslam
Photobucket isnt showing anything. I have the comic as well as the scans.

http://img60.imageshack.us/img60/3769/namorvsherc14kx.th.jpg
http://img60.imageshack.us/img60/659/namorvsherc24ny.th.jpg
http://img60.imageshack.us/img60/1609/namorvsherc34gt.th.jpg
http://img60.imageshack.us/img60/3854/namorvsherc40ey.th.jpg

Sentry
Go here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=360473&perpage=20&highlight=Respect+Namor&pagenumber=1

Namor will hold his own against BA. If he drags BA down into the Ocean, it could be Adam's ass. Jrod, I know normal lightning or electricity doesn't affect Namor at all, but how bout BA's lightning?

jrodslam
Next one is Herc punkin Namor all the way back into the water (not very smart move sad

Looks to me like Namor was losing pretty damn badly before he got thrown into the water.....and after getting out fresh and rejuvenated, they were trading blows and were stopped.....maybe i exaggerated a bit with the pwned, but he DID get his ass pretty well whooped i'd say :/

Punkin Namor? How do you figure Namore was losing badly? The first attack was a sucker punch or throw from Hercules. All hits were even. The fight was a stalemate.

How do you say they were trading blows and then was stopped, but then say Namor got his ass whooped? I dont know what fight you were looking at.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Sentry
Go here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=360473&perpage=20&highlight=Respect+Namor&pagenumber=1

Namor will hold his own against BA. If he drags BA down into the Ocean, it could be Adam's ass. Jrod, I know normal lightning or electricity doesn't affect Namor at all, but how bout BA's lightning?

Not 100% sure. I dont think hes ever been blasted with magical lightning. At least without his armor. Hes absorbed a blast from Presence, but i dont think his blasts are magical based, no?

Wickerman
Punkin Namor? How do you figure Namore was losing badly? The first attack was a sucker punch or throw from Hercules. All hits were even. The fight was a stalemate.

How do you say they were trading blows and then was stopped, but then say Namor got his ass whooped? I dont know what fight you were looking at.

That's the exact fight i was refering to. crap.....i must've linked in the wrong way.....meh,seeing as you posted them, it's ok stick out tongue

Scan 1: Namor gets tossed through a pile of rocks...surprised, i'll give you that.
Scan2: Namor punks Herc, tries to fly...not fly off, just tries to use the advantage of flight. Herc tosses a large boulder at him bringing him crashing down.
Scan3: Namor hits Herc with a tree, he's unphased by it "The son of Zeus bla bla bla". He punks Namor. Namor goes into the water. Unlike Herc, he's completely rejuvenated. he bursts out of the water and punks Herc (surprise)
Scan4: The two trade punches. Although both are hit by Capt. Marvel's lightning, the only one wheezing is Namor. And he's been rejuvenated by the water What the f**k? He's also the only one that;s on his knee because of the lightning. Even though he's been rejuvenated by the water.

Not saying Namor isn't a good fighter....but against one with equal to greater power than himself (strength-wise) it doesn't look like he's gonna win.
And yeah.....IMO it looked like he was losing to Hercules....slowly,but surely....and if Hercules wouldn't have tossed him into the water, i doubt the fight would've lasted three more pages (which i;m aware it didn't anyway)

~wickerman~

jrodslam
Namor wheezing because of the lightning? On one knee? Hoiw does that prove Herc whooped Namors ass? Hercules fell from Caps shield. Some say cucumbers are better than pickles. Photon nor Cap had anything to do with the fight.

In the battle between the 2, they were even. Namor in no way got pwned. Of course if Namor wasnt tossed in the water eventualy he would have began to weaken and the fight wouldnt have lasted much longer. But it wasnt showed. Sorry. big grin

Wickerman
Namor wheezing because of the lightning? On one knee? Hoiw does that prove Herc whooped Namors ass? Hercules fell from Caps shield. Some say cucumbers are better than pickles. Photon nor Cap had anything to do with the fight.

In the battle between the 2, they were even. Namor in no way got pwned. Of course if Namor wasnt tossed in the water eventualy he would have began to weaken and the fight wouldnt have lasted much longer. But it wasnt showed. Sorry. big grin

shifty you know my point was that he was losing as a consequence of being out of water. Then went into the water, got juiced up and was Herc's equal. And then even though juiced up by the water getting hurt by the lightning more than herc. I'm not trying to make Namor look back in general, just pointing out he doesn't fare so well in purely physical fights against people that are his equal or above.

But you know that's what i mean shifty

~wickerman~

jrodslam
shifty you know my point was that he was losing as a consequence of being out of water. Then went into the water, got juiced up and was Herc's equal. And then even though juiced up by the water getting hurt by the lightning more than herc. I'm not trying to make Namor look back in general, just pointing out he doesn't fare so well in purely physical fights against people that are his equal or above.

But you know that's what i mean shifty

~wickerman~

Uhh no youre making bad points. he was losing as a consequesnce of being out of water? You say that because Herc had more hits prior to Namor going in the water fight? Well thats only because Herc got the first hit. IT was not shown that NBamor was losing before Herc knocked him in the water.

He was Hercs equal through the whole fight. Getting hurt by the lighting? Are you serious? Namor was not hurt by the lighting. Because he said "Whungh!" that means he was hurt by it? Not because he was surprised by it? If anything it looked like Herc was more hurt by it. Or maybe he was yawning.

He doesnt fare well in purely physical fights against people that are his equal or above? Thats all he does is have physical fights against people. I think you need to re-visit the Namor respect thread lol.

Wickerman
Uhh no youre making bad points. he was losing as a consequesnce of being out of water? You say that because Herc had more hits prior to Namor going in the water fight? Well thats only because Herc got the first hit. IT was not shown that NBamor was losing before Herc knocked him in the water.

He was Hercs equal through the whole fight. Getting hurt by the lighting? Are you serious? Namor was not hurt by the lighting. Because he said "Whungh!" that means he was hurt by it? Not because he was surprised by it? If anything it looked like Herc was more hurt by it. Or maybe he was yawning.

He doesnt fare well in purely physical fights against people that are his equal or above? Thats all he does is have physical fights against people. I think you need to re-visit the Namor respect thread lol.

laughing maybe i do, i noticed you bumped it in the comic books forum wink

Yes, i'm saying he was losing as a consequence of being out of water. It looks to be like he isn't on par with Hercules. I mean he gets thrown around the battlefield, while Herc stays in one spot, taking up all the damage.
And after being rejuvenated by the water, he's on par with Hercules. That saying that if the fight with BA is out of water, he's gonna get weak, weak, weaker, poof. (why the hell did just say poof? shifty )

Errrr.....the lightning seemed to have had its effect on him moreso than on herc IMO. Besides him going "Whungh!", you see him on a knee after that happens, as opposed to Herc that's standing and ready to go back at it erm

~wickerman~

jrodslam
Yes, i'm saying he was losing as a consequence of being out of water. It looks to be like he isn't on par with Hercules. I mean he gets thrown around the battlefield, while Herc stays in one spot, taking up all the damage.

It in no way showed he was losing due to being out of water. He got thrown cause Hercules threw him lol. The other time he was already in the air and was knocked down. Then was knocked away in the water.

Namor punched Herc and made him lose balance and fall back. He hit Herc with a tree and lifted him in the air. Then did so again with the punch coming from underground.

Errrr.....the lightning seemed to have had its effect on him moreso than on herc IMO. Besides him going "Whungh!", you see him on a knee after that happens, as opposed to Herc that's standing and ready to go back at it erm

Well although Namor was on one knee, he was still ready to go back at it with Herc as well. And for all you know Herc could have been on one knee as well. He could have been getting up while Namor was talking to Captain Marvel. Yet they didnt show him. Then in the next box he was shown talking to Captain Marvel. However when they did show both Namor and Hercules again, Namor was ready as well as Herc.

Wickerman
It in no way showed he was losing due to being out of water. He got thrown cause Hercules threw him lol. The other time he was already in the air and was knocked down. Then was knocked away in the water.

Namor punched Herc and made him lose balance and fall back. He hit Herc with a tree and lifted him in the air. Then did so again with the punch coming from underground.

first time he was tossed....as a surprise, mkay. Then he tries to fly, gets hit by the boulder, falls. Then is hit so hard by a punch he goes flying into the water. Herc gets hit by the tree and knocked down, not necesarily in the air. Maybe he was jumping towards Namor for all we know (i can play assumptions too wink ) But yeah, the "bursting out of ground" thing was indeed a beautiful punch.

Well although Namor was on one knee, he was still ready to go back at it with Herc as well. And for all you know Herc could have been on one knee as well. He could have been getting up while Namor was talking to Captain Marvel. Yet they didnt show him. Then in the next box he was shown talking to Captain Marvel. However when they did show both Namor and Hercules again, Namor was ready as well as Herc.

Oh come on laughing out loud Okay, i'll concede in saying he was losing, but not losing as badly as i might have initially stated roll eyes (sarcastic) You have to admit though that they weren't equal. I mean come on, if herc hadn't tossed him in the water, you said it yourself the fight wouldn't have taken much longer.

~wickerman~

jrodslam
Oh come on laughing out loud Okay, i'll concede in saying he was losing, but not losing as badly as i might have initially stated roll eyes (sarcastic) You have to admit though that they weren't equal. I mean come on, if herc hadn't tossed him in the water, you said it yourself the fight wouldn't have taken much longer.

~wickerman~

Not losing at all. To me they were equal indeed. There wqas nothing that showed Herc being superior in that battle. If Herc hadnt tossed him in the water, yea the fight wouldnt have lasted much longer. Maybe another page or so before Namor started to loses strength. Doesnt mean hed lose though. herc isnt the smartest of fighters lol. But even if that was the case, the fight would have been interrupted anyways. So we'll never know. wink

Wickerman
Not losing at all. To me they were equal indeed. There wqas nothing that showed Herc being superior in that battle. If Herc hadnt tossed him in the water, yea the fight wouldnt have lasted much longer. Maybe another page or so before Namor started to loses strength. Doesnt mean hed lose though. herc isnt the smartest of fighters lol. But even if that was the case, the fight would have been interrupted anyways. So we'll never know. wink

I hate you no expression

I don't really, i like ya man wink . Anyway, now that that's settled, how about actually getting back to the topic at hand? laughing out loud

~wickerman~

jrodslam
I hate you no expression

I don't really, i like ya man wink . Anyway, now that that's settled, how about actually getting back to the topic at hand? laughing out loud

~wickerman~

Youre cool too man.

Oooooops, I really forgot about the thread.

Uhhhhh Black Adam wins 6.5/10.

It would be easy for me to say Namor wins due to showing more feats of strength, but id probably get flamed. Its really quite hard to say whose stronger. CM had shown the ability to stack powers to make himself stronger. BA hasnt. The 6.5 id due to BA's speed, and maybe slight strength advantage.

Wickerman
Youre cool too man.

Oooooops, I really forgot about the thread.

Uhhhhh Black Adam wins 6.5/10.

It would be easy for me to say Namor wins due to showing more feats of strength, but id probably get flamed. Its really quite hard to say whose stronger. CM had shown the ability to stack powers to make himself stronger. BA hasnt. The 6.5 id due to BA's speed, and maybe slight strength advantage.

Thanks dude wink

Ahem...yeah....thread shifty i'll pm you my phone no. big boy ninja

As much as i hate doing stuff like this, BA has beaten on CM. CM has beaten and stalemated Superman. I'd say Supes is above Namor in terms of Strength and durability eh?
I think earlier in the thread i also said 6 or 7/10 to BA.

~wickerman~

jrodslam
As much as i hate doing stuff like this, BA has beaten on CM. CM has beaten and stalemated Superman. I'd say Supes is above Namor in terms of Strength and durability eh?
I think earlier in the thread i also said 6 or 7/10 to BA.

~wickerman~

But you also have to remember, CM puts magic on the hands as well as have the ability to stack powers. Thats why he does so well against Supes. BA is more rutheless, a smarter fighter, more experienced and immune to CM's magics. Thats why he does so well againt CM. BA hasnt showed the ability to stack. Plus Namor is just as rutheless.

True Supes is stronger and may have more durability than Namor, but all the ways CM beats or stalemates Supes, would get thrown out the window against Namor considering hes not as affected my magic as Superman is.

But the key thing is that we both agree that Namor loses. sad

snoopdogg
Couple more weeks and BA and Superman are gonna throw down.

Action Comics #831. I cant wait.

Wickerman
But you also have to remember, CM puts magic on the hands as well as have the ability to stack powers. Thats why he does so well against Supes. BA is more rutheless, a smarter fighter, more experienced and immune to CM's magics. Thats why he does so well againt CM. BA hasnt showed the ability to stack. Plus Namor is just as rutheless.

True Supes is stronger and may have more durability than Namor, but all the ways CM beats or stalemates Supes, would get thrown out the window against Namor considering hes not as affected my magic as Superman is.

But the key thing is that we both agree that Namor loses. sad

Agreed, CM gets magic soaked punches, but i can SWEAR i've seen an issue where he's beating on Supes without using ANY sort of magic whatsoever....it was even used recently as reference in some thread. And yeah, he does stack powers, while BA might not, but IMO BA still has what it takes to bring Supes down.

Also, CM using magic or not, is supposed to be even more durable than Supes. Ask around. You'll get the same answer. Anyway....this is BA vs. Namor, not CM stick out tongue

But yeah, the majority of time, the first mutant loses to a guy that got his powers from a guy called Shazam sick

~wickerman~

jrodslam
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Couple more weeks and BA and Superman are gonna throw down.

Action Comics #831. I cant wait.

Same here. I wonder if hed use the same tactics as Marvel? The magic on the fists or lightining.

Personally im going for Black Adam. Its the Namor personality that im drawn to. Hope it turns out to be a classic fight. I dont collect Superman, but im getting that issue for sure.

Wickerman
Same here. I wonder if hed use the same tactics as Marvel? The magic on the fists or lightining.

Personally im going for Black Adam. Its the Namor personality that im drawn to. Hope it turns out to be a classic fight. I dont collect Superman, but im getting that issue for sure.

Hell, i'd steal for that issue. Personally, as much as i love Superman as the icon that he is, i'm rootin for Black Adam....time for some magic pain babeh evil face

~wickerman~

snoopdogg

Personally im going for Black Adam. Its the Namor personality that im drawn to. Hope it turns out to be a classic fight. I dont collect Superman, but im getting that issue for sure. Im going for Suerman of course but I will admitt I am kinda worried that he might get a @ss beatin from BA.

jrodslam
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Im going for Suerman of course but I will admitt I am kinda worried that he might get a @ss beatin from BA.

laughing laughing

Im worried about the writer giving Superman a lame victory because hes.....well......Superman. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Wickerman
laughing laughing

Im worried about the writer giving Superman a lame victory because hes.....well......Superman. roll eyes (sarcastic)

If he DOES give him a win, i'm sure it'll be awesome. BA will probably dominate the fight, beating down on Superman like he was Ike Turner and Supes was Tina. And then Tina...i mean Supes gets back up all badass and bla bla bla roll eyes (sarcastic)

~wickerman~

Milkie
What!

Namor has no chance even in water!

Black Adam 10/10

JOE NUNEZ
They face off , and quickly realize they both go to the same hair stylist.

DarkCrawler
I guess this is one of the cases where a ripoff beats the original. Black Adam 8/10...

D-Block
BA easy

Milkie
What?

roughrider
I suppose Namor's water advantage can be dilluted, because Adam doesn't need to breathe and can follow him right in there and fight.

batdude123
Black Adam wastes him.

Milkie
Originally posted by batdude123
Black Adam wastes him.

http://willienorthway.com/snapshots/ecoride/wasted.jpg

xmeat
bump and i think namor has a chance.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.