Wolverine VS Forgotten Realms Characters

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkCrawler
Wolverine with adamantium

VS

Drizzt Do'Urden in his "Hunter" persona, with his normal weapons and equipment.

Wulfgar with Aegis-fang:

Catti-Brie with Taulmaril and "The Cutter".

Taulmaril is an bow who never runs out of arrows (Each arrow makes an small explosion when it hits it's target, and "The Cutter" (Khazid'hea) is a sword that can easily cut through stone)

and Bruenor

Who wears an large axe.

First fight is Wolverine facing each one by one, in second he faces them all at one time.

Who wins?

This has been on my mind for a long time, and I hope that it isn't instantly removed for having characters that aren't in comics... sad

Wickerman
Why you hatin on Elaine Cunningham DC? shifty

Wulfgar and Bruenor are just comic relief....ask Salvatore...he'll tell you it's true wink

Drizzt takes it without blinking wink

Also....khelben Blackstaff Arunsun, Elminster, the Simbul, all the chosen of Mystra take it without even trying.
Add the red wizards of Thay to that.....and a few Shadow thieves shifty

Szass Tam......Larloch.....

Who else....let's see.....Bel, Dispater, Mephisto, Asmodeus, Demogorgon, Orcus, grazz't.....pretty much any demon lord or devil prince....

Err...do you REALLY want me to post all the freekin characters? laughing

ps: i have no doubts this will be closed.....VERY soon wink

~wickerman~

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Wickerman

Wulfgar and Bruenor are just comic relief....ask Salvatore...he'll tell you it's true wink

Also....khelben Blackstaff Arunsun, Elminster, the Simbul, all the chosen of Mystra take it without even trying.

Who else....let's see.....Bel, Dispater, Mephisto, Asmodeus, Demogorgon, Orcus, grazz't.....pretty much any demon lord or devil prince....

~wickerman~

You think Drizzt can beat Wolverine... you really think this? Thats a joke man. Wolverine could have replaced everyone in The Thousand Orcs (or the entire Hunter's Blade trilogy) and not only done a much better job of holding the town but he would have turn the Orcs on his own.

Drizzt isn't a match for Logan in strenght, he isn't a match for Logan in speed and most of all he isn't a match for Logan in skill.

srankmissingnin
Oh and the thread should be fine DarkCrawler, DDP has a Forgotten Relms comic series out currently.

Spelljammer
Wolverine is outclassed unfourtanately, Drizzit has some kickass magick weapons, mad skills, and is more "goodguy" so he'll win. Though Wolverine might have a nice edge if this battle is done during the daytime when drow become significantly weaker..

But Wolverine is like a troll with a lesser strength/constitution score but more dexterity. Not exactly the best tradeoff considering his loss/gain ratio, and he really isn't even much smarter then a troll. And Drizzit's fought trolls before, so he's going down. Albeit it will leave Drizzit needing a couple hard-potions to swallow to cure those heavy wounds afterward, and if at daytime he may have a chance at winning, but the statistics point to Drizzit's favour..

Creshosk
Originally posted by Spelljammer
Wolverine is outclassed unfourtanately, Drizzit has some kickass magick weapons, mad skills, and is more "goodguy" so he'll win. Though Wolverine might have a nice edge if this battle is done during the daytime when drow become significantly weaker..

But Wolverine is like a troll with a lesser strength/constitution score but more dexterity. Not exactly the best tradeoff considering his loss/gain ratio, and he really isn't even much smarter then a troll. And Drizzit's fought trolls before, so he's going down. Albeit it will leave Drizzit needing a couple hard-potions to swallow to cure those heavy wounds afterward, and if at daytime he may have a chance at winning, but the statistics point to Drizzit's favour.. Wolverine heals back from fire, trolls don't. smile

Dizzle
Originally posted by Creshosk
Wolverine heals back from fire, trolls don't. smile

Yeah, but it's impossible to kill trolls with stuff that isn't fire or acid, where Wolverine can die from large amounts of pretty much any kind of damage. Troll vs. Wolverine= Troll. After getting sliced up a bunch of times and becoming an army of trolls.

Drizzt wins. Speed and skill. Logan's 100 and something... Drizzt beats the crap out of multiple people who have been training for much longer than that. (Zak was over 500)

Wulfgar probably loses... It is HARD to kill Logan by concussive force. Aegis Fang is pretty disgustingly powerful, and likely stronger than adamantium, but I don't see Wolverine getting put down by a hammer.

Cattie Brie probably wins... Depends how Kazid'hea fares against adamantium. Taulmaril's a b!tch to get around either way. She's quite the markswoman, an exploding arrow to the eye might do enough damage. Though maybe not... It's all dependnt on how much her two weapons actually do to Logan.

Bruenor's screwed. Just simply screwed.

Any good magic user period kills Wolverine.

Demons, gods and such...

Wickerman's list is pretty comprehensive, and he definitely knows more about Forgotten Realms in general than I do... And I was replaying Baldur's Gate 2 for no real reason and figured out where his sig's from! Edwin is the kickass.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Dizzle
Yeah, but it's impossible to kill trolls with stuff that isn't fire or acid, where Wolverine can die from large amounts of pretty much any kind of damage. Troll vs. Wolverine= Troll. After getting sliced up a bunch of times and becoming an army of trolls. I never said that Wolverine would win, I was just saying killing Wolverine with fire or acid is harder to do than killing a troll with fire or acid. stick out tongue

Tha C-Master

~wickerman~

Drizzt wins, he fights shit like dragons.

Enough said men, I don't want the "he slices him once and wins"

Drizzt magic is enough to attack from a distance.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Dizzle
Yeah, but it's impossible to kill trolls with stuff that isn't fire or acid, where Wolverine can die from large amounts of pretty much any kind of damage. Troll vs. Wolverine= Troll. After getting sliced up a bunch of times and becoming an army of trolls.

Drizzt wins. Speed and skill. Logan's 100 and something... Drizzt beats the crap out of multiple people who have been training for much longer than that. (Zak was over 500)

Wulfgar probably loses... It is HARD to kill Logan by concussive force. Aegis Fang is pretty disgustingly powerful, and likely stronger than adamantium, but I don't see Wolverine getting put down by a hammer.

Cattie Brie probably wins... Depends how Kazid'hea fares against adamantium. Taulmaril's a b!tch to get around either way. She's quite the markswoman, an exploding arrow to the eye might do enough damage. Though maybe not... It's all dependnt on how much her two weapons actually do to Logan.

Bruenor's screwed. Just simply screwed.

Any good magic user period kills Wolverine.

Demons, gods and such...

Wickerman's list is pretty comprehensive, and he definitely knows more about Forgotten Realms in general than I do... And I was replaying Baldur's Gate 2 for no real reason and figured out where his sig's from! Edwin is the kickass.

I love edwin " YOU ARE SO IRRITATING!!!"

smokin'

Wickerman
*sigh*

I was joking about Logan losing to Drizzt srank. What i meant was that if Wolverine beat Drizzt, he'd have to face the worst of all horrors....the horrible army of HASBRO attorneys icon5
Drizzt Do'Urden is their biggest cashcow....and Elminster probably....

Spelljammer made a few good points. If it's during the day, out in the open, Drizzt is at a disadvantage....a minor one, but a disadvantage none the less. He's not COMPLETELY blinded for Christ's sake.

People keep insisting on how Drizzt being a "goodguy" won't cheat.....errr...wake up call people. This is a fight for his life. He'll cheat...he's a drow...which is a derivative of dhaerow, their initial name. Dhaerow meaning traitor in elven....DUHHHHHHH wink

Again, i stick to my opinion that bruenor and Wulfgar being the comic relief they are go down hard....stubby little bastard and Arnold-wanna-be bastards mad

BTW: seeing as how you mentioned trolls....did you know that trolls regenerate even if you cut their heads off or leave just the nose or whatever? There was a nice long thread on the WoTC boards about how the best way to kill one if you don't have fire or acid on hand is to eat it....that lead to the often met DWARF MENTALITY:

If it's dead, eat it.
If it's alive, kill it.
If it moves, chew faster.

thumb up

Hehehe....yeah, thanks Dizzle....i'm pretty much aware of the FR, seeing as how i've played coutless campaigns in it. Oooohhh....i forgot about the celestials....i could list all the celestials from the Book of Exalted Might droolio but nah.....

And yes...SIR Edwin Odesseiron is one of the funniest i've ever seen.....Black Mage wasn't even a concept back when Edwin was a sociopathic killer mage laughing out loud

What would be an immensely awesome fight would be........check this out:

BLOODLUSTED WOLVERINE vs. BLOODLUSTED WRAITH SAREVOK. eek!

I think i'd wet my pants with joy droolio

questions?

~wickerman~

Tha C-Master
Regeneration>healing factor...

Wickerman
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
I love edwin " YOU ARE SO IRRITATING!!!"

smokin'

Edwina could probably turn Wolverine into a crawling slimeball begging for help laughing out loud

~wickerman~

Tha C-Master
I never did the edwina quest...

Wickerman
I never did the edwina quest...

Damn fool. So he/she left the party eh? Nasty. Anyway, it got you experience, AND you had the chance to laugh your ass off laughing out loud

~wickerman~

Tha C-Master
I had PCP, (player controlled parties), hats off to the drug reference...

Wickerman
I had PCP, (player controlled parties), hats off to the drug reference...

Bleh.....as cool as that may be, you HAVE to do it with the characters......it's just too damn funny.....when Anomen and Edwina talk and it's something like

"ANOMEN!
yes miss....OH MY!!!....i mean....hello Edwin hahaha
Bluddering oaf.....anyway....i was wondering if you have some sort of magic.....to help me..."

LOL.....sure it wasn't exactly like that,but similar. Hillarious. Not to mention other dialogues like between Imoen and Sarevok:

Imoen: So... Sarevok. You've had an itty-bitty piece of my soul in there for quite a while now. What's it been like?
Sarevok: Well, other than a slight obsession with my weight and the resurgence of a few pimples, it's been simply grand

laughing

~wickerman~

Tha C-Master
I heard, did you ever do any romances?

Magic_attack
I really enjoyed Baldur's Gate 1&2. Speaking of which. I might have to dig them out and play a lil bit later on...

They should have made more of them....

Wickerman
I heard, did you ever do any romances?

Once, with Aerie....imagine my surprise when Edwin said this:

Edwin: Well, it would seem the leader of our little group has impregnated the impressionable circus child. And here I thought she was merely getting chubby without the ring master's whip to keep her in shape.

Man.......Edwin was DA BOMB laughing out loud

~wickerman~

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Magic_attack
I really enjoyed Baldur's Gate 1&2. Speaking of which. I might have to dig them out and play a lil bit later on...

They should have made more of them.... My stupid characters aren't going on to my comp, maybe I could download a patch...

Tha C-Master
Once, with Aerie....imagine my surprise when Edwin said this:

Edwin: Well, it would seem the leader of our little group has impregnated the impressionable circus child. And here I thought she was merely getting chubby without the ring master's whip to keep her in shape.

Man.......Edwin was DA BOMB laughing out loud

~wickerman~ I liked Jaheria...

Wickerman
My stupid characters aren't going on to my comp, maybe I could download a patch...

Darkest day add-on (which is to be added directly to SoA not ToB) adds a crapload of missions, uses 3rd edition rules mixed with 2nd ed. and is just ultimately awesome thumb up

Ahem......now back to the thread before some pesky mod comes along talking about "Computer/video games forum" bla bla bla nonsense stick out tongue

~wickerman~

Wickerman
I liked Jaheria...

Oh right....but she was really annoying. I chose not to do her cause she kept pissing me off.....no matter how nice i was to her sad

Jesus...i sound like i'm talking about a real-life person.....damn creepy

~wickerman~

DigiMark007
Hehe...not closing. Drizzt is more books than video games anyway. It might fir better in the games vs. forum, but it's fine here as long as there's discussion.

Drizzt owns this fight. He has ridiculously fast reflexes and eats idiots like Logan for lunch. I realize Logan's a good fighter too, but Dirzzt can dodge attacks and pick his spots all day...he's that good.

Not sure what "distance magic" people are referring to...maybe Drizzt has some magic in the Baldur's Gate games. But he really has no magic. He's got Guenwyvar, the magical panther, and some (passively) enchanted blades. He can create globes of darkness around Logan and switch his vision to the infrared spectrum if he wants...but he really doesn't have a "spell" that would harm Logan. Even still, he'd win the brawl unless Wolverine got lucky.

Tha C-Master
Darkest day add-on (which is to be added directly to SoA not ToB) adds a crapload of missions, uses 3rd edition rules mixed with 2nd ed. and is just ultimately awesome thumb up

Ahem......now back to the thread before some pesky mod comes along talking about "Computer/video games forum" bla bla bla nonsense stick out tongue

~wickerman~ Do you know a patch that could get my guys back, that I saved on a disc?

Tha C-Master
Oh right....but she was really annoying. I chose not to do her cause she kept pissing me off.....no matter how nice i was to her sad

Jesus...i sound like i'm talking about a real-life person.....damn creepy

~wickerman~ She was the hottest.

I like Vicionia then, and Aerie last...

Wickerman
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Hehe...not closing. Drizzt is more books than video games anyway. It might fir better in the games vs. forum, but it's fine here as long as there's discussion.

Drizzt owns this fight. He has ridiculously fast reflexes and eats idiots like Logan for lunch. I realize Logan's a good fighter too, but Dirzzt can dodge attacks and pick his spots all day...he's that good.

Not sure what "distance magic" people are referring to...maybe Drizzt has some magic in the Baldur's Gate games. But he really has no magic. He's got Guenwyvar, the magical panther, and some (passively) enchanted blades. He can create globes of darkness around Logan and switch his vision to the infrared spectrum if he wants...but he really doesn't have a "spell" that would harm Logan. Even still, he'd win the brawl unless Wolverine got lucky.

laughing Of course Drizzt eats bastards like Logan for breakfast. He's a freakin dhaerow laughing out loud
Zaknafein could take down Logan without even breaking a sweat for Christ's sake wink
I haven't seen people mention "distance magic"....i was refereing to magic using people/creatures, like the literally thousands of incredibly powerful mages, including the chosen of Mystra (i believe Elaine Cunningham emphasized on them a bit more), etc.

The only chance Wolverine has is if they're fighting in a room....he switches off the light, manages to survive for 30 seconds, then switches the light back on just as Drizzt's eyes were adjusting laughing out loud
Man....i'd pay to see Drizzt call him a bastard while he's rubbing his eyes laughing

~wickerman~

Wickerman
Do you know a patch that could get my guys back, that I saved on a disc?

You didn't save properly. I mean you saved properly, but you didn't copy your saves properly. They're gone. Sorry, same happened to me sad
Just redo the game wink

As for Viconia......definitely the hottest.....but i'd rather not stay close to someone that calls Sarevok a coward on a daily basis laughing out loud

~wickerman~

Tha C-Master
Lol, people want the wolverine prime that destroys armies.

Wick, have you ever played Dark Alliance?

Wickerman
Lol, people want the wolverine prime that destroys armies.

Wick, have you ever played Dark Alliance?

Don't have a console no

Hell, i'd pay to see Sarevok show Logan what real Berserker rages mean wink

~wickerman~

Tha C-Master
I LIVE!!!1

SAREVOK STANDS READY!!!!

On my other forum sarevok is my avatar and sig.

But anyways, logan is a pushover in most universes, I'm pretty sure a nymph can lay him down, (pardon the pun).

Magic_attack
C- I think your Guys are gone.(moment of silence.)

Yeah I played Dark alliance. I beat it. Wasnt to bad. I got Dark Alliance II, But I really havent played it to much. They just arent the same...

You ever play The Bards Tale?

Tha C-Master
Nay, I liked DA though, I was REALLY strong in that game...

Wickerman
And now kids, for a lesson on Hypocrisy: Wickerman having not played DA, will now become a hypocrite:

PEOPLE PEOPLE stop talking about games.....this isn't the computer/video games forum.....come on!!!!! mad

stick out tongue

~wickerman~

DigiMark007
The only chance Wolverine has is if they're fighting in a room....he switches off the light, manages to survive for 30 seconds, then switches the light back on just as Drizzt's eyes were adjusting laughing out loud
Man....i'd pay to see Drizzt call him a bastard while he's rubbing his eyes laughing

~wickerman~

Drizzt would switch to the infrared spectrum (like the drow use in the Underdark). After the second it would take for Drizzt to realize what happened and switch, Logan would lose even faster in the dark.

...funny image though. I can barely even imagine Drizzt wasting time on Logan as he gets madder and madder.

Tha C-Master
I wish you'd come there on my baldur's gate I had made a long time ago...

Magic_attack
And now kids, for a lesson on Hypocrisy: Wickerman having not played DA, will now become a hypocrite:

PEOPLE PEOPLE stop talking about games.....this isn't the computer/video games forum.....come on!!!!! mad

stick out tongue

~wickerman~

Yeah! mad

Who the hell keeps going off topic??? mad

Wickerman
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Drizzt would switch to the infrared spectrum (like the drow use in the Underdark). After the second it would take for Drizzt to realize what happened and switch, Logan would lose even faster in the dark.

...funny image though. I can barely even imagine Drizzt wasting time on Logan as he gets madder and madder.

You must also remember Drizzt isn't as prone to being hurt by sunlight as most dhaerow. Something about his eyes....forgot....been a long time since i read Salvatore, but as i recall it had to do with his eyes. Remember in Homeland, when he's born and the Matron Mother checks his eyes, they look lavender in the dark, and when checking what color they'd be in the sunlight, they're also lavender....something very very very rare.

Errr...however, it takes them a while to adjust to darkness, but once they do, they see incredibly well. I remember Salvatore mentioning how it took Drizzt minutes to make out the heat signatures and basically to properly see when he was escaping from Menzo.

But yeah, Wolverine stands no chance against a guy who as a child could flip 10 coins at the same time into the air and catch them all as they come falling down.....ain't gonna see that kinda dexterity from Wolverine anytime soon babeh wink

~wickerman~

Wickerman
Yeah! mad

Who the hell keeps going off topic??? mad

*points to DigiMark* whistle

Cordera: huh? In your saved games? I wouldn't have a prepped out charrie sad

~wickerman~

Magic_attack
*points to DigiMark* whistle

Cordera: huh? In your saved games? I wouldn't have a prepped out charrie sad

~wickerman~

Yeah!

Its always the mods Fault!!!! mad

If it werent for them, we would be rolling on floor laughing and Happy Dance

Wickerman
Yeah!

VIVA LA REVOLUCION!!!!!!!!!!

*runs into corner and sucks thumb*

Sarevok droolio

~wickerman~

DigiMark007
Yeah!

miffed

*insert not-so-subtle hint to stay on topic*

Piedmon
Bruenor: Wolverine punts the little guy. Bruenor's not nearly fast enough, doesn't have the versatility, and is getting too close to old age to handle Wolverine. Wolverine 9.9/10

Wolfgar: Wolfgar? Wolfgar? For all his bulk, he's no stronger then human potential. Wolverine doesn't even have to be quick, he can outpower Wolfgar at his own game. Aegis Fang could do some damage, especially if Wolfgar throws it, but a blunt attack won't do anything to Wolverine's adamantium skeleton. Wolverine 9/10

Cattie-Brie: She has a better chance then the other two, thanks to her bow. Wolverine needs to get close, obviously, so the outcome of this fight really depends on the terrain. Since nothing specific was given, I'll just assume it's a flat terrain (heh heh). Wolverine's petanatural speed will allow him to quickly close the distance to Cattie Brie, and then nothing can save her. Wolverine 7/10

Drizzt is a much more intense fight, obv. I'll need to mull that one over, but I've got to get going atm.

Dizzle
Originally posted by Piedmon
Cattie-Brie: She has a better chance then the other two, thanks to her bow. Wolverine needs to get close, obviously, so the outcome of this fight really depends on the terrain. Since nothing specific was given, I'll just assume it's a flat terrain (heh heh). Wolverine's petanatural speed will allow him to quickly close the distance to Cattie Brie, and then nothing can save her. Wolverine 7/10

Agreed with the others... But I don't think Kazid'hea has EVER failed to cut something before. Even Guenhwyvar's statue got cut in half pretty easily. Sentient swords rule. Especially Lilarcor. I don't think I ever got rid of him, just because he's funny. He contrasts Sarevok oh so well...

Wickerman

Drizzt is a much more intense fight, obv. I'll need to mull that one over, but I've got to get going atm.

But seriously.....there is nothing to mull over here......Drizzt would bring Wolverine down......and he'd do it fast and hard erm As much as i love Logan, he's just not a match for the dhaerow.
And if we put prep into this it just gets too nasty for PG-13 no

Dizzle: Are we gonna go kill something? huh? Huh? no? How bout now? no? How bout now? eek!

laughing out loud

~wickerman~

Piedmon
Get your head checked, Pinktextman.....

For all his skill, Drizzt is extremely vulnerable. Slice open his stomach, he's dead. Slit his throat, he's dead. Stab an artery, or major organ, he's dead. Slice his hamstrings, he's crippled.

Drizzt's anklets allow him extra speed, it's true, but he has never displayed any feats of speed that would outclass Wolverine. And certainly, he's nowhere near as strong: if they cross blades, Wolverine can easily press Drizzt back.

Drizzt is skilled enough to keep it from becoming a contest of sheer strength, of course. But Wolverine is just as well versed in the Martial Arts (I think Drizzt is something like 90 years old? Hell, that would make Wolverine older then him!)

Yes, Wolverine's going to get cut. So what? Adamantium is NOT adamantite. D&D has never seen a metal like Wolverine's bones. Drizzt couldn't hope to penetrate Wolverine's skeleton: even IF his swords were strong enough (which I'd never believe), Drizzt himself would most definitely lack the strength to push it through (much like Wolverine can never pierce the Hulk's skin.)

Yeah, Drizzt could slice Wolverine's vitals open enough to kill him. But that would take multiple strikes in very hard to reach places. Wolverine can guard his vitals, that's what martial arts training means. And he has the added advantage of not having to worry about his less important body parts altogether.

Of course, there's Guenwhyvar. Again, no big deal. Wolverine eats grizzly bears and indian tigers for breakfast. Both those animals would murder a panther. He would be hard pressed if the duo flanked him. He'd pretty much have to allow one to slice him open in order to focus on the other. Working as a team, their chances against Wolverine improve dramatically, especially if Guenwhyvar did something like let Wolverine strike her to present Drizzt an opening (she can always be resummoned later.)

Drizzt's magic powers are not so useful. Globe of darkness? Wolverine practices blindfolded all the time, and has learned to rely completely on his senses of hearing, touch, and smell. It would afford Drizzt no advantage. (On the other hand, Wolverine's stealth training as a government operative might allow him to take advantage of pitch darkness.)

Faerie Fire? I never understood why seeing your opponent's outline better makes them easier to hit, but Wolverine doesn't have to worry about minor cuts and slices anyway.

Drizzt's best shot is double-teaming Wolverine with his pet panther. Other then that, he's really overmatched. Wolverine 6/10.

Wickerman
Get your head checked, Pinktextman.....

For all his skill, Drizzt is extremely vulnerable. Slice open his stomach, he's dead. Slit his throat, he's dead. Stab an artery, or major organ, he's dead. Slice his hamstrings, he's crippled.

Drizzt's anklets allow him extra speed, it's true, but he has never displayed any feats of speed that would outclass Wolverine. And certainly, he's nowhere near as strong: if they cross blades, Wolverine can easily press Drizzt back.

Drizzt is skilled enough to keep it from becoming a contest of sheer strength, of course. But Wolverine is just as well versed in the Martial Arts (I think Drizzt is something like 90 years old? Hell, that would make Wolverine older then him!)

Yes, Wolverine's going to get cut. So what? Adamantium is NOT adamantite. D&D has never seen a metal like Wolverine's bones. Drizzt couldn't hope to penetrate Wolverine's skeleton: even IF his swords were strong enough (which I'd never believe), Drizzt himself would most definitely lack the strength to push it through (much like Wolverine can never pierce the Hulk's skin.)

Yeah, Drizzt could slice Wolverine's vitals open enough to kill him. But that would take multiple strikes in very hard to reach places. Wolverine can guard his vitals, that's what martial arts training means. And he has the added advantage of not having to worry about his less important body parts altogether.

Of course, there's Guenwhyvar. Again, no big deal. Wolverine eats grizzly bears and indian tigers for breakfast. Both those animals would murder a panther. He would be hard pressed if the duo flanked him. He'd pretty much have to allow one to slice him open in order to focus on the other. Working as a team, their chances against Wolverine improve dramatically, especially if Guenwhyvar did something like let Wolverine strike her to present Drizzt an opening (she can always be resummoned later.)

Drizzt's magic powers are not so useful. Globe of darkness? Wolverine practices blindfolded all the time, and has learned to rely completely on his senses of hearing, touch, and smell. It would afford Drizzt no advantage. (On the other hand, Wolverine's stealth training as a government operative might allow him to take advantage of pitch darkness.)

Faerie Fire? I never understood why seeing your opponent's outline better makes them easier to hit, but Wolverine doesn't have to worry about minor cuts and slices anyway.

Drizzt's best shot is double-teaming Wolverine with his pet panther. Other then that, he's really overmatched. Wolverine 6/10.

Riiiight,.......let's take a look at characteristics right? Now this is how it goes. a 10-12 is considered average human.

Drizzt's strength is 13. His Dexterity, which implies speed and hand-eye coordination is 20. Want feats? How about tossing 10 coins into the air at the same time and catching them all before they hit the ground. Without looking. Oh.....i forgot to mention 18 is considered peak human, and Wolverine despite what you may think, isn't above peak human erm

Oh....what else? Right.....Drizzt's Intelligence and Wisdom which are both 17.....hmmm.....what would that tell us? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Now.....you have NO way of knowing if Drizzt's weapons would cut through the adamantium or if Wolverine's claws would cut through Drizzt's weapons. In case you forgot, both weapons are heavily enchanted. Not only are they magical in nature, but icingdeath, one of his scimitars also deals enough cold with every touch to kill an average person. His other scimitar, Twinkle is a defending scimitar....know what that means? It means that if his incredible skills weren't enough he's also further protected by his sword.

Wolverine CAN pierce Hulk's skin. It just regenerates so fast you don't even notice he even pierced it. He can't pierce Colossus' organic steel form.

Drizzt can go into a rage.....hey guess what....his formerly 13 strength turns into 17....not so very far from Wolverine's......hey guess what....his constitution which basically means durability and stamina gets to 19. Above peak human.

Feel free to advocate Wolverine's win, but Drizzt's been fighting things like:

Creatures that are the most powerful telepaths in his world....he's fought Matron Mothers, basically powerful clerics (think of Dr. Strange. Now tone him down alot). You know....pacts with demons and such....waging war....you know.....yeah, he's beaten on them.
The guy's slain DRAGONS mon ami.....Not little wussy dragons....DRAGONS. Wolverine may eat grizzly bears and tigers for breakfast, Drizzt eats dragons for breakfast.

Get your head checked Mr. "Wolverineavatar" eyes

~wickerman~

Magic_attack
Wicker- U remember that one issue of B.S. comics where Wolvie beat the demon that Loki sent after him? Doesnt that count for something...

Wickerman
Wicker- U remember that one issue of B.S. comics where Wolvie beat the demon that Loki sent after him? Doesnt that count for something...

I think that was issue 1367.....right?
You mean the demon made of organic fanboyism? Heck....it even made Wolvie stronger.....yeah....in that case i concede laughing out loud

~wickerman~

Piedmon

Wickerman

Magic_attack
I agree with digimark... D n D characters dont mix well with Comic book characters. it seems to be either one way or the other....

Piedmon
That is the way he was last presented. Without Duelist or anything.....unfortunately. there was supposed to be a more recent release by WoTC of Drizzt's stats....but i never found it. They might've included Swashbuckler. So no, while the intelligence doesn't directly add to damage, it works.....as intelligence works usually.....as in strategic analysis of a situation, and finding the optimal sollution.

Yeah, I thought it was dumb they didn't make Drizzt and Artemis duelists..... and giving Arty a level of Assassin was pointless, I've never seen him use Death Touch in the books....

If I wasn't so lazy, I'd get my Player's Handbook and see. But I'm pretty sure no 19 STR char of mine ever lifted a truck or smashed apart a steel wall....

However, Cap is peak "Comic Book Human," and yes, that's different than "real world human." Captain America can fight and run practically endlessly as well, far beyond what I guarantee any real person is capable of. Cap is above any olympic athlete to ever preform, and for the real world, those guys ARE peak human.

I don't have Artemis's stats to look at, but as far as R.A Salvatore has let us know, his only magical items are Charon's Claw and the Vampiric Dagger. That's it. And there is just no way Artemis Entreri has superior resistance/toughness to Wolverine.

If Wolverine didn't have an adamantium skeleton, his healing factor would actually work even faster.

Well, I said this would be a good fight.

But when has Drizzt ever done anything that an olympic athlete could never replicate? Salvatore keeps his stuff fairly realistic. Drizzt doesn't jump between roof tops like Daredevil, or run up sheer walls, he's rather down-to-earth.

An adamantium pocket knife would cut through armor and flesh more easily then the finest damascene sword ever produced. There's nothing in a D&D manual to reflect Wolverine's claws.

DarkCrawler
Drizzt is about 140+. All that life has been fighting. He remembers it all. Drizzt is better fighter.

Piedmon
Even if Drizzt has more technical skill, Wolverine is stronger, faster, MUCH more durable and resiliant. This is like pitting a 10th degree black belt against a Gorilla.

Tha C-Master
Drizzt beats dragons, wolverine is crap compared to dragons.

Its that simple....

Dragon>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> wolverine.

I'm not talking about how wolverine "hangs" with lah blah blah, I'm talking about ownage.

Drizzt gets his enchanted blade in the right spot wolverine loses.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.