Iron Fist VS. Venom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sentry
These two were drafted in the tourney. How would Rand do against Brock?

Debate.

Scoobless
probably not too well

willRules
I think Venom eats Iron-fists Brains.............

Sentry
Have they ever battled in a comic? Didn't Darkhawk knock Brock silly? Rand also KO'd Namorita with a single blow. Can't he repeatedly bash Venom?

willRules
Probably not.......

Scoobless
After Rand uses the Iron Fist he's exhausted... and there's no guarantee that one hit can take out Venom

he can't land repeated blows at full strenth... his Chi energy is drained by one attack

Wickerman
As much as i dislike quoting Marveldirectory.....here we go:

Known Superhuman Powers: Through concentration iron Fist is able to summon his chi (a Chinese word for one's natural energy) to spiritually reinforce his normal abilities, raising them to the peak of human capability. This includes strength, speed, stamina, and concentration, as well as self healing ability and psychic rapport with others. By summoning his chi and focusing it into his hand, he can draw upon the superhuman energy derived from the heart of the mystic serpent Shou-Lao and make his fist inhumanly powerful and impervious to pain and injury. This "iron fist" technique does not involve a physical transformation of any kind, simply a psychic channeling of concentrated natural energy. With his fist in this state, Iron Fist can shatter wood and brick, deform steel, and punch his opponents with extraordinary concussive force without sustaining injury to himself. The act of summoning and using his chi for the iron fist technique mentally drains him afterward, and it can take him any period up to an entire day to recover before he can use it again.

Iron Fist can also utilize the combination of his own chi and his superhuman energy to heal his own injuries or to cure his own illnesses. By projecting this energy into another person, he can heal that person.

Furthermore, Iron Fist can use his superhuman power to fuse his consciousness temporarily with that of another person. This technique is called "mind melding."

Sure.....pretty powerful punch....but it doesn't sound a LOT more powerful than what spiderman throws at Venom. I mean, i'm not an Iron Fist expert here, which is why i quoted from marveldirectory, but it seems to me that the "Iron Fist" tehnique grants his fist a temporary superhuman power similar and around that of Spiderman....and i don't think that's enough to put Venom down.....not to mention the fact that he's worn out after he uses it.

~wickerman~

Scoobless
not quite... it's true that he has to rest a while after using it, but the force he strikes with while using the Iron Fist is far beyond Spider-Man's punching level.... it's been stated that he could put a hole through a battleship with it (never actually seen him try that one though) he completely destroyed the Scorpion's mechanical tail using it though.... something Spidey couldn't hope to do

Wickerman
Originally posted by Scoobless
not quite... it's true that he has to rest a while after using it, but the force he strikes with while using the Iron Fist is far beyond Spider-Man's punching level.... it's been stated that he could put a hole through a battleship with it (never actually seen him try that one though) he completely destroyed the Scorpion's mechanical tail using it though.... something Spidey couldn't hope to do

Hmmm.....well i've never seen a lot of Iron Fist other than a few appearances with Cage, so i wouldn't really know, was just assuming.
Hmmm......so i suppose he could put some pain on Venom with that hit....but then be vulnerable....at least for a while. Do you have any idea if the fist hitting has any sort of sonic backlash?

~wickerman~

Scoobless
i'm pretty sure it's just a concussive force sort of thing... no sonic aftereffect

Wickerman
i'm pretty sure it's just a concussive force sort of thing... no sonic aftereffect

So basically Venom is faster, a LOT stronger, more agile, has webbing. While Iron Fist has a VERY strong punch.....so if he doesn't get a lucky shot that would take Venom out he'd basically lose sad Where's Cage when you need him? sad

~wickerman~

armandovalles
Iron Fist wins. One well-placed Iron Fist Punch to a specific part, say the adam's apple or the temple, and Venom's in dream land.

Wickerman
Originally posted by armandovalles
Iron Fist wins. One well-placed Iron Fist Punch to a specific part, say the adam's apple or the temple, and Venom's in dream land.

As much as i appreciate IF's martial arts skills, as well as top notch human maximum speed, agility and strength, Venom has all that + more (except for the MA) Are you sure he'd just stand there waiting to get hit in the adam's apple? erm

~wickerman~

Piedmon
Iron Fist uses his Iron Fist on a Vibranium gong.

ENOUGH SONIC VIBRATIONS FOR YOU???

Wickerman
Originally posted by Piedmon

Oookay.....so after you get out of rehab for an overdose of kool-aid, come back wink

That assumes a crapload of prep time mon ami.....which hasn't been stated to exist by the OP.

~wickerman~

Scoobless
Originally posted by Piedmon

well as Vibranium absorbs sonic vibration.... it really wont cause much, if any, noise at all

roll eyes (sarcastic)

leonidas
<<well as Vibranium absorbs sonic vibration.... it really wont cause much, if any, noise at all>>

heheh. i was gonna say the same thing . . .

venom wins this. don't forget venom's been punched around by the hulk and lasted a while. tough as the IF is, it ain't like getting hit by the hulk.

Sentry
After Rand uses the Iron Fist he's exhausted... and there's no guarantee that one hit can take out Venom

he can't land repeated blows at full strenth... his Chi energy is drained by one attack

He battled Namor with it. Seemed to do fine for awhile. He even blocked a huge boulder Namor threw at him and all he did was raise his hand and the boulder shattered. He used it more than once.

K Von Doom
Originally posted by Sentry
Have they ever battled in a comic? Didn't Darkhawk knock Brock silly? Rand also KO'd Namorita with a single blow. Can't he repeatedly bash Venom?

Ironfist is a far cry from Darkhawk though. Spidey, whos faster and more agile than Rand, has a hard enough time hitting Venom. I don't see Ironfist doing so well against Brock.

WAF3001
venom wins

Wickerman
Originally posted by K Von Doom
Ironfist is a far cry from Darkhawk though. Spidey, whos faster and more agile than Rand, has a hard enough time hitting Venom. I don't see Ironfist doing so well against Brock.

That's what i was thinking unfortunately. Spidey is faster, more agile (IMO at least), and stronger. Even if IF will temporarily make himself strong enough to hurt Venom, that doesn't mean he'll actually get the chance to punk V.....or that it'll take him out no

~wickerman~

jplatinum
IF

Venom Dude No.1
Venom wins, DareDevil kicked Iron Fist's ass so Venom would beat him faster than Daredevil did.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Venom Dude No.1
Venom wins, DareDevil kicked Iron Fist's ass so Venom would beat him faster than Daredevil did.

what comic? sounds like a good fight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.