Sentinel vs GL Hal Jordan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cameron Scott
Assuming both don't exploit there weaknesses, who takes this battle?

jrodslam
I think it might have been done before, but in a close one id say Alan more times that not. Only due to more experience.

Sentinel 5.5/10.

Ultimate Ion
I'd give it to Alan 6/10. He's more powerful than Hal and has more experience.

jrodslam
Why do you say Alan is more powerful Ion?

Sentry
Originally posted by jrodslam
Why do you say Alan is more powerful Ion?

Because Alan is the best!!! Hal goes down!!!

6 out of 10 for Alan. Alan is the best there is, the best there was, and the best that there ever will be. Sentinel kicks ass. Although Hal might very well take it since he doesn't know how to fail. Except when fighting DC's version of Thor. laughing But I like Sentinel better. He has more experience, and his powers are also magically based. That's a plus.

Ultimate Ion
Alan is a force of the universe. He would have ceased having a physical body if he had willed it so. That's why the JSA consider him their big gun and look up to him like the JLA does Superman.

EsteemedLeader
Alan has more focus and control, but Hal has more sheer power...

Dizzle
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
Alan has more focus and control, but Hal has more sheer power...

Doubtful. Sentinel isn't a GL anymore. Running on magic and all that... I'm pretty sure he's tossed Hal around perfectly fine when they met. (I remeber Hal getting punched through a planet...)

EsteemedLeader
Originally posted by Dizzle
Doubtful. Sentinel isn't a GL anymore. Running on magic and all that... I'm pretty sure he's tossed Hal around perfectly fine when they met. (I remeber Hal getting punched through a planet...)

And I remeber Hal moving the moon and Alan being freaked out by it...

jrodslam

Everytime theve fought, it was very brief and never settled.

Hal getting punched through the planet was from Lord Malivo of the Green Flame. Not Alan, Dizz.

Dizzle
Originally posted by jrodslam
Everytime theve fought, it was very brief and never settled.

Hal getting punched through the planet was from Lord Malivo of the Green Flame. Not Alan, Dizz.

My bad... I swear I remember it happening, but it's been a while.

EsteemedLeader
My bad... I swear I remember it happening, but it's been a while.

They both have advantages...

jrodslam
They do. Hals willpower in unmatched in DC. Which makes him all the more powerful on his own. Alan is also powerful, but more than Hal? Ive yet to see.

Now that he has the ring again, didnt that kinda depower him a bit from when he had thempower of the Starheart inside him?

He still takes it though. But only by a hair. 5.5/10

DigiMark007
He hasn't shown enough for us to know if he's depowered at all since the Starheart isn't within him anymore. Doubtful though...he's probably the same.

Yeah this has been done before, but sometimes things need to be done again (for popular ones like this battle) since we have a bunch of new people since it happened last. I have horrible luck with the search, but if anyone finds a previous Hal/Alan thread feel free to post the link and I'll merge the threads.

Honestly though, and I love Alan and I'm not much of a Hal fan, but I've never read anything that would lead me to believe Alan wins more often than not. I'd be able to make a better case for Hal winning more often than not...based simply on what I've read and his various feats. Granted, I'm hardly an expert, but I've read enough on both that I can at least form an intelligent opinion. They're definitely 1-2 with GL's...but Hal's the 1 in my book until Alan can prove me otherwise (which I hope he does eventually).

-DM

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.