Lord Nyax

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
I'm reading a book with him in it, and he sounds pretty intense. 3 meters tall, numerous red sabers. What does everyone else think about this guy? wink

Dark Exile
ODD.

Lord Janus
What time period, etc? I don't recall the name.

SnakeEyes
Janus, I hate to be the guy to tell you.... He's from the NJO books...

Lord Darkstar
yeah hes from NJO, personally I think he is gay, honestly, he is not trained, yet he can stand against NJO Luke, Mara Jade and Taharli (sp?) plus 20 Vong warriors at the same time, plus supposedly his force power is beyond anyone. Yet he has never been trained in anything. He uses dozens of lightsabers (one in each hand, one on each elbow, one on each knee, and some in other places that I forget). He is also supposedly able to bring down Vong capital ships and starfighters using just the force, he can also destroy entire buildings with the force YET HE HAS NEVER BEEN TRAINED TO USE IT!!! Sorry he just annoys me.

He was orgiannly Irek Ismen (sp?) a dark jedi that was defeated by Leia on some planet whose name I forget. But he escaped and was brought to Courscant by his mother, there he trained with another dark jedi, however in a sparring match Irek killed the other dark jedi, but was stabbed through the brain with his opponents lightsaber. This killed off all of his brain functions, however his mother kept him alive and implanted various things into his brain to restore thought and increase his force power (never mind that force power is not controlled by the brain, it is in the blood, completely messes with everything else that Lucas has said). She also stretched his body to make him 3 meters tall and extremely fast. His mom also created lightsabers (how she did this I will never know since she is not a jedi, it takes the force to make a lightsaber and she had no idea how to make a lightsaber, it is not common knowledge, plus where did she get the crystals from?), anyway, she attached these lightsabers to all of his joints and programme him with very basic knowledge (such as to turn off one of your lightsabert if it will stab you, other than that, no knowledge about fighting, he had to learn by experience), she also programmed into him basic force powers like push, everything else was learned by experience. The last thing she put into him was the lust for galatic domination (she thought she could recreate her son, make him into the next emperor and still have him love her). To keep his presence hidden from the jedi she surrounded him with yalismari, however, when the Vong attacked, some Yalismari were killed and Nyax's body was woken up from hibernation. He proceded to kill his mother and the remaining yalismari and escape. Later he was discovered by Luke when Luke went back to Courscant, after several battles, Nyax was killed.

Anyway, this is what I can remember about him (yes this is from memory, I have no life). Hope this helps

Illustrious
Only in NJO would something like this happen.

overlord
Did anyone notice how Lord Darkstar completely spoiled the whole story for SnakeEyes? Ignore this post by the way..

Lord Darkstar
well actually, I don't mind much of the NJO, actually I quite like some of it. I just don't think that all the characters are god and could beat Yoda with one hand tied to a leg like they are made out to be. And some parts of it are just stupid (Nyax and Ganner being an example). Also, I hate how they made people appear stronger than Luke, (though I think I figured it out and I have an arguement for Luke still being stronger than any other jedi in the NJO seris). However, other than some faults, I actually don't mind it, I just have to turn off the brain when I read some parts

Lord Darkstar
oh sorry about that SnakeEyes, I didn't think about that when I posted, do you want me to delete what I posted?

Thanks for pointing that out overlord

Tangible God
I hated that guy, it didn't contribute to the story line at all. Not in a positive way anyway. It had absolutely nothing to do with NJO whatsoever. It made the series cheesier than it all ready was.

Plus those ysalimari really pissed me off. Give me the chance to rant and I'll do it.

Illustrious
Ysalimari piss me off too. How do they apparently create a void in the force? And Lord Nyax was just annoying. They write him up like he'd own Ragnos or something.

Tangible God
By all accounts, and Darkstar is right, he just couldn't have what he had, he just couldn't do what he did. It was just......impossible. And ysalimari were just loopholes for the Thrawn Trilogy. Used as a way to control Joruus C'baoth. I love Zahn's writing, but am pissed that he inroduced those things.

Darth_Glentract
I read that entire series, but I have no memory of him.

Illustrious
Don't they have a series AFTER NJO where they kiss Luke's ass even more?

Darth_Glentract
Ya. I haven't read it yet. It's the Joiner King books.

Darth_Glentract
kiss Luke's ass!

Illustrious
That one just looks retarded and NJOish. It'll probably read like fanfiction.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Lord Darkstar
oh sorry about that SnakeEyes, I didn't think about that when I posted, do you want me to delete what I posted?

Thanks for pointing that out overlord

No, you don't need to delete it... I just stopped reading after the first line or so wink

I'll come back here and read what you said when I'm finished with the book I'm on. cool

Darth_Glentract
which one is it. i'll need to re-read it. I cant remember him at all.

SnakeEyes
Behind Enemy Lines II: Rebel Stand

FeceMan
Originally posted by Illustrious
That one just looks retarded and NJOish. It'll probably read like fanfiction.
Like most of the General Fiction forum.

Darth_Glentract
Hahaha. I just realised why I couldn't remember his. I skipped the books he was in.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Ya. I haven't read it yet. It's the Joiner King books. They should have just ended SW books at NJO, gone no further. That series just ruined it.

Darth_Glentract
There is still money to be made. Until every single dollar is in his pocket or he dies, SW will continue.

Captain REX
Yeah, they completely over-powered him, it seems.

Though, Irek Ismaren is supposedly the son of Palpatine, or so his mother likes to claim. Roganda Ismaren was an Emperor's Hand, and very powerful in the Force. Unfortunately for her, Palpatine did not train the Hands to full potential, for fear they would dethrone him or take down Vader.

Irek has known nothing but the Dark Side, his mother trained him in it.

However, they've overpowered him.

Darth_Glentract
I just want to get this straight. Nyax was one of Palpatine's grand children. Was his mom an Emperors Hand? I am going to read that book soon probably.

Captain REX
There wasn't a book as far as I know.

And not grand children. Son. Only rumors though, no one likes to think that its true cause...yeah, who'd want to sleep with THAT?

Darth_Glentract
Power is sexy. lol.

So how many kids does Palpatine have? He has that Triculus guy and a grandson. What next, he adopted one of Yoda's species?

Captain REX
Yeah, I prefer to completely ignore the Trioculus books.

Darth_Glentract
ya. the Empire was afraid of letting whale hunting technology get to the Rebellion! laughing I thought that was really pathetic. Coupled along with the fact that the Glove of Darth Vader managed to end up on Mon Calamari. The chance of it landing on ANY planet is VERY low. What ever happened to the glove anyway?

Captain REX
Who knows, who cares? Luke probably added it to his collection, unless it was destroyed. Somehow the glove of the right-hand man of the leader gives you the right to be leader.

Darth_Glentract
The glove was indestructible, so it wasn't destroyed(presumably. they do manage to destroy some indestructible things though :F).

There was a prophecy that the one who had the glove of Vader would inherit the Empire, so that's why it was so important.

Captain REX
Yeah, whoever made that prophecy was on something. Vader wasn't even the leader.

And it's just a glove, indestructability is forbidden. Stupid books.

Darth_Glentract
And you can use it to hunt whales! Damn Empire. They lost the Deathstar and are now copying us at planet destruction! smile

PS. I'm not a tree hugger.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Power is sexy. lol.

So how many kids does Palpatine have? He has that Triculus guy and a grandson. What next, he adopted one of Yoda's species? I read in a number of sites that he never wanted a kid cause of the whole overpowering him thing. So he made sure none of his b*tches or hoes got pregnant.

Darth Koroni
Be the first on your block to get the new Star Wars book;

'Star Wars: The Toilet Paper of Darth Maul"

Be the first on your block to give me money for this steaming pile of BS!

Captain REX
Originally posted by FeceMan
Like most of the General Fiction forum.

Just saw that...

If you read the ones that are worth reading in the GenFic, not the ones without grammar or punctuation, then there are some pretty good ones. I have a few good ones, and then again I have a few...er...not so good ones.

Captain REX
Anyway...

Just saw a fanart work of Nyax, and I think I will cry now.

Dark Nemesis
lol

Illustrious
Yeah, Nyax makes baby Jesus cry.

Dark Nemesis
So does a rash.

Tangible God
So does this. Ewww.....

Captain REX
Hey, that's my starfighter! Bastard! stick out tongue

Tangible God
HA HA! You wish.

Lana
By reading through this thread, I am glad that I have not read all the NJO books....and really don't care to read any more.

Tangible God
Just skip to the last 80 pages of the last book, they'll cover everything.

Oh and if you hate Chewbacca, Vector Prime is Oh yeah!

Captain REX
Anyway...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.