Wonder Girl vs. Kitty Pryde

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
No PIS. Featureless environment. No prep. Usual equipment.

BENITO
Wonder girl easy

xmarksthespot
Is this the Donna Troy Wonder Girl? How does she beat Shadowcat? And does Lockheed count as usual equipment?

Draco69
No. Cassie Sandsmark.

And how dare you call the GREAT LOCKHEED, mere "equipment"?!

Since I'm so nice I'll allow the little bugger...wink

BENITO
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Is this the Donna Troy Wonder Girl? How does she beat Shadowcat? And does Lockheed count as usual equipment? If we're talking about the one currently in the Titans she has Strength to lift up a bus and Flight

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by BENITO
If we're talking about the one currently in the Titans she has Strength to lift up a bus and Flight Yes, but how does she beat Shadowcat?

wannabe
I'd say NOOO!
Kitty is a well trained Samurai who is virtually untouchable.
She only has to manifest something within Wonder Girl and the fight is over!

Wonder Girl beats Shadowcat...my my my no

Arahan
Originally posted by wannabe
I'd say NOOO!
Kitty is a well trained Samurai who is virtually untouchable.
She only has to manifest something within Wonder Girl and the fight is over!

Wonder Girl beats Shadowcat...my my my no

Where is the logic in your post?

Marvel=DC
it's a pretty even fight one was trained by wolverine the ohter by WW and Atermis. Hmmmm i'd say there's a 50/50 chance for either contestant. Kitty is really smart and well trained at using her power but, has to hold her breath to phase. Cassie stronger can fly and is more durable and if her lasso is like diana's kitty won't be able to phase out of it but, lockheed throws me in a curve.

Marvel=DC
it's a pretty even fight one was trained by wolverine the ohter by WW and Atermis. Hmmmm i'd say there's a 50/50 chance for either contestant. Kitty is really smart and well trained at using her power but, has to hold her breath to phase. Cassie stronger, can fly and is more durable and if her lasso is like diana's kitty won't be able to phase out of it but, lockheed throws me in a curve.

Blair Wind
she has to hold her breath? since when????? her natural state is phased so how would that work???Kitty wins....shes a ninja, trained with wolvie and has an awesome power for H2H combat...she wins easliy (bloodlust she just grabs her brain and yanks it out......)

Draco69
Originally posted by Blair Wind
she has to hold her breath? since when????? her natural state is phased so how would that work???Kitty wins....shes a ninja, trained with wolvie and has an awesome power for H2H combat...she wins easliy (bloodlust she just grabs her brain and yanks it out......)

Wonder Girl is just as or even better at H2H combat. She was trained on an island of thousands of warrior womens with millenia of fighting experince. That makes Wolverine seem kinda small in comparision. AND she was trained by Zeus, Wonder Woman, Hipployta, and Artemis. Kitty Pryde isn't as trained or skilled as Cassie.

And Kitty's gonna have a hard time even reaching WG since she'll be in the area wrecking havoc from above. The lasso would finish her off.

xmarksthespot
Again I ask, how does she actually beat Kitty though? Why can't Kitty phase out of the lasso? Why is Kitty even assumed to be tangible so a lasso can lasso her?

Draco69
Again I ask, how does she actually beat Kitty though? Why can't Kitty phase out of the lasso? Why is Kitty even assumed to be tangible so a lasso can lasso her?

There are an number of ways Kitty can be defeated:

Speedblitz
Massive landscape destruction
etc.

One hit is all she needs. And I'm betting on Kitty to tire eventually before Cassie.

The lasso is magical and forged by godly magic. WW's lasso has entangled intangible foes (hell she once captured a friggin shadow)
so Cassie's lasso MAY work. We don't know what and where the lasso is or came from.

Kitty ain't winning here though. She can't reach WG. Sure, she can "airwalk" but that's not faster than flying. WG would just keep her distance.

xmarksthespot
Shadowcat is naturally intangible ever since the Morlock Massacre and Doom healing her she is solid only by conscious will. Shadowcat against physical brawlers is silly, they're either stalemates or Shadowcat wins. Wonder Girl can win only if we assume that this magic lasso (read: plot device) can manage to catch Kitty and I'm sure she's phased through magical items before.

Draco69
Shadowcat is naturally intangible ever since the Morlock Massacre and Doom healing her. Shadowcat against physical brawlers is silly, they're either stalemates or Shadowcat wins. Wonder Girl can win only if we assume that this magic lasso (read: plot device) can manage to catch Kitty and I'm sure she's phased through magical items before.

I'm kinda doubting this whole "natural intangability" since she gets hit. Alot. If she was naturally intangible like a ghost or something then she should never get hit.

Also recently in WW 217, WG was shown THROWING Zeus' lightening from her lasso to ward off Hades' army. So the lasso doesn't have to be around her to work.

If nothing seems to work, then WG can just call her daddy to give her some power.

Having Zeus for a father has its benefits. smokin'

xmarksthespot
It has it's plot device benefits. big grin
You're allowing outside help for Wonder Girl?
She's naturally intangible. Knock her out and she's intangible. Being tangible requires conscious will.
She get's hit when she wills herself solid. She wills herself solid if she wants to actually do something. She tends to have to do things in comics.
Physical brawler vs Shadowcat = stalemate or Shadowcat win depending on how fast the brawler is.

Metalmanx
Couple things.

Kitty's been trained to go intangible INSTANTLY, for example when the sound of a gunshot is heard, she's subconciously instantly intangible to avoid damage, even if she's not the target. So speed blitz sounds pretty futile.

Kitty has also shown the ability to fly freakin fast. Using her intangibility, she just lets the world spin underneath her, allowing her to basically fly at hundreds of miles an hour.

I don't know how fast Wonder Girl is, probably faster, but I think that still says something. Flight is not an advantage here.

And I'm not saying that Shadowcat wins, but I'm also not saying that WG wins.

I believe it will be a stalemate, like Xmarks previously stated.

Draco69
You're all still discounting the lasso though. Magic & intangiability don't mix. Ten bucks Zeus' Lightening fries her.

ZephroCarnelian
Wow. Kitty just let's the world spin underneath her?

That's impressive alright.

Until she zooms off then realises she's forgotten something.

She either has to become tangible and walk back. Or she phases and let's the earth spin underneath her for 24hrs lol!!!

What a CRAP way to fly!!! big grin

xmarksthespot
laughing out loud That is a pretty useless way to fly. But she's actually quite adept at manoeuvring through the air while intangible but I doubt she can do so as fast as Wonder Girl.
I'm not discounting the lasso - it's just highly speculative whether it can even catch her. I'm sure she's phased through magical items and creatures before - things like the Soulsword and limbo come to mind - although I can't confirm that.
Zeus lightning isn't outside help, why?
NB When Shadowcat phases through people she can disrupts their electrical nervous system as well if she so wishes.

Draco69
laughing out loud That is a pretty useless way to fly. But she's actually quite adept at manoeuvring through the air while intangible but I doubt she can do so as fast as Wonder Girl.

I doubt that Kitty is faster than the air than WG since Cassie's top speed appears to beyound the speed of sound.

I'm not discounting the lasso - it's just highly speculative whether it can even catch her. I'm sure she's phased through magical items and creatures before - things like the Soulsword and limbo come to mind - although I can't confirm that.

It may or may not catch her. It HAS caught things like wraiths and ghosts in the Hades Realm so..

Zeus lightning isn't outside help, why?

The lightening comes from the lasso. She can now spin it in the air and let loose a blitz of lightening.

NB When Shadowcat phases through people she can disrupts their electrical nervous system as well if she so wishes.

That's true ever since Claramont decided so. However Cassie's not stupid. As soon as she sees Kitty phasing through alot of thrown boulders she'll just keep her distance.

xmarksthespot
I'm uncertain as to which forms of energy can actually hurt Kitty - I'm sure I've seen her phase through most if not all forms at some point. In the next Astonishing she phases herself and the additional weight of rest of the Astonishing X-Men w Colossus in metal form + Xavier against a Mega-Sentinel's blast. In Rachel Summer's future timeline I recall she survives at ground zero of a large scale nuclear detonation by phasing. She's always phasing through electronics and the electrical energy does no harm to her.

Draco69
That's all true. And I LOVED her feat scene in Astonishing X-Men.

But Zeus' Lightening isn't mere electricity. It's part of the Primodial Creation/Godwave. It may be just a pale shadow but it's still hella powerful.

xmarksthespot
I just think there are too many intangible (no pun intended) factors to decide a winner of this fight.

Shadowcat has definite means to win but she is probably for the most part of unable to utilise them.
Wonder Girl is capable of utilising her means but whether they'd be any use or not is highly speculative.

Draco69
So....stalemate then?

xmarksthespot
Pretty much.

Metalmanx
I would have to agree with stalemate as well. Though I also wanted to take this opportunity to show you some scans of Kitty "flying" using her powers.

Creshosk
When we first saw Illyana as a teenager, they were training on the island that belasco drew illyana away from the X-Men on. . Storm was attacking the others and they were dealing with her. . kitty intangible had a lightning bolt go through her and all she said was that it tingled.

Draco69
Magic lightening is different from regular lightening. If Thor summoned a lightening bolt at Kitty I think the results would be quite different.

Konton
Cassie 10/10.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.