Apocalypse vs Drax

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

armandovalles
Apocalypse (mainstream 616 well written)

VS

Drax the Destroyer (no gem, 2nd bigger incarnation)

Who wins?

BENITO
Apocalypse

Cameron Scott
Drax takes this. This is the same man, before his powerup, ripping a small star core in half and destroyed planetoids with his strenght. That alone is too much for Apocalypse who recently got punked by Black Bolt.

carver9
I know everyone hate bringing up dragonball characters but I couldnt help it. Dont make no falsae comments, if you want to reply just reply if not then, I understand.

I think Nappa would win due to his enormous speed and the guy took down an entire army with little effort. Superman struggle with tanks and helicopters but it took Nappa seconds to destroy an army.

Another thing superman is experienced in fighting at great speed. Lets name his enemies, metallo, lobo, brainiac, parasite, darkseid, got owned by venom (even though it was a crossover), sometimes batman slaps him around.

All these characters dont have any type of speed and they own superman sometimes. I think nappa will dodge every move that superman does without any effort and laugh at supes while doing so. I also dont think that supes could take a city destroying blast because while the jla was fight that space ship out of space, the small blast that the ship was dishing out, made supes bleed all over the place.

Nappa win 10 out of 10. Happy Dance

Wickerman
Originally posted by carver9
I know everyone hate bringing up dragonball characters but I couldnt help it. Dont make no falsae comments, if you want to reply just reply if not then, I understand.

I think Nappa would win due to his enormous speed and the guy took down an entire army with little effort. Superman struggle with tanks and helicopters but it took Nappa seconds to destroy an army.

Another thing superman is experienced in fighting at great speed. Lets name his enemies, metallo, lobo, brainiac, parasite, darkseid, got owned by venom (even though it was a crossover), sometimes batman slaps him around.

All these characters dont have any type of speed and they own superman sometimes. I think nappa will dodge every move that superman does without any effort and laugh at supes while doing so. I also dont think that supes could take a city destroying blast because while the jla was fight that space ship out of space, the small blast that the ship was dishing out, made supes bleed all over the place.

Why did you just post that (which IMO is very much incorrect) in an Apocalypse vs. Drax thread? What the f**k?

~wickerman~

Wynndar
Nappa? what the hell is going on... What the f**k?

Wickerman
Originally posted by Wynndar
Nappa? what the hell is going on... What the f**k?

LOL .....i think we're missing something here laughing out loud

Anyway, back on-topic....As i recall, Drax got beaten quite a few times by Thanos. That being said, Apocalypse can only dream to be even remotely close to what Thanos is.....i feel like giving the victory to Drax unless someone convinces me otherwise.

~wickerman~

demigawd
Originally posted by Wickerman
LOL .....i think we're missing something here laughing out loud

Anyway, back on-topic....As i recall, Drax got beaten quite a few times by Thanos. That being said, Apocalypse can only dream to be even remotely close to what Thanos is.....i feel like giving the victory to Drax unless someone convinces me otherwise.

~wickerman~

I'm not quite sure I'm following that logic. You said that Drax got beaten handily several times by Thanos and that Apoc can only aspire to be what Thanos is, thereby implying that Apoc would get beaten handily by Thanos too. How does that lead you to conclude anything beyond the fact that Thanos is beyond both Apoc and Drax?

IMO, Drax seems no more powerful than the Hulk to me. And I'd put Apoc above the Hulk in overall power. I don't think Apoc, being an omnimorph, could be beaten by punchy characters like Hulk and Drax.

Magic_attack
Originally posted by carver9

blink

What the f**k?

wallbash

Xplosive
Originally posted by demigawd
IMO, Drax seems no more powerful than the Hulk to me. And I'd put Apoc above the Hulk in overall power. I don't think Apoc, being an omnimorph, could be beaten by punchy characters like Hulk and Drax.

He couldn't be.

Wickerman
I'm not quite sure I'm following that logic. You said that Drax got beaten handily several times by Thanos and that Apoc can only aspire to be what Thanos is, thereby implying that Apoc would get beaten handily by Thanos too. How does that lead you to conclude anything beyond the fact that Thanos is beyond both Apoc and Drax?

Yeah, bad wording on my part. what i meant to say is that Drax kept attacking Thanos. Thanos won usually...not without a fight most times. Apocalypse can only dream of being even close to Apoc.....what i mean is that he's below even daring challenge Thanos like Drax has on so many occasions.

I don't know.....i'd normally say that punchy characters don't work very well against Apoc....that energy manipulators or such have the best chance. However, seeing as how the guy can rip planets in half.....and i've never seen Apoc do anything as grand as becoming quite as resilient as a planet, speaking of density and such, that's what i mean, even though he may control his body on a molecular level, i wouldn't put it past Drax to win this.

~wickerman~

demigawd
The guy rips planets in half but can't break Quasar's constructs and can't put down Professor Hulk (something Juggernaut was able to do)...I dunno. I tend to look more at averages than best showings. That's what usually forms the basis of my opinions.

I'm sure Drax could rip Poccy in half, Magneto-style, if he got his hands on Apoc. But that's the tricky part...getting his hands on Poccy.

Wickerman
The guy rips planets in half but can't break Quasar's constructs and can't put down Professor Hulk (something Juggernaut was able to do)...I dunno. I tend to look more at averages than best showings. That's what usually forms the basis of my opinions.

I'm sure Drax could rip Poccy in half, Magneto-style, if he got his hands on Apoc. But that's the tricky part...getting his hands on Poccy.

Quasar's contructs is a whooooooooole different thing. As i recall nothing short of magic can break his constructs.....and if he concentrates long enough to make a dense enough construct, not even that's good enough.

And yeah, ripping him in half is what i was thinking of as well. However....you're correct.....it would be hard for him to actually get into the position to do that. Apoc has good enough fighting skills to subdue an angry Hulk.....but IMO Drax is beyond Hulk erm ......it wouldn't be easy....but i say Drax wins 6-maybe even 7/10

~wickerman~

Xplosive
Has Apocalypse really hurted and damaged Juggernaut in one punch?

Xplosive
Apocalypse has complete control over his body, I mean logiclly, he could make himslef so dense, that he could be virtually indestructible.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Xplosive
Apocalypse has complete control over his body, I mean logiclly, he could make himslef so dense, that he could be virtually indestructible.

So why didn't he do that against Magneto in AoA? And don't say it was a weaker Apoc, cause you know very well Magneto was way weaker.

I'm sure he has the POTENTIAL.....notice how i emphasize the word POTENTIAL. I've just never seen him do anything like that.....if he has indeed become so dense.....show me where erm

~wickerman~

Xplosive
So why didn't he do that against Magneto in AoA?

~wickerman~

Ah, AoA is not even canon, forget about AoA.
He didn't make himself anywhere that dense, but probabaly he could make himself extremely dense. I mean, in What-If (it's not canon I know) it was said Apocalypse is being with power to conquer galaxies.

Maestro
He is extremely dense, that's why he always loses (pun intended).

Xplosive
He should really lived up to his name and power once.

demigawd
Quasar's contructs is a whooooooooole different thing. As i recall nothing short of magic can break his constructs.....and if he concentrates long enough to make a dense enough construct, not even that's good enough.

And yeah, ripping him in half is what i was thinking of as well. However....you're correct.....it would be hard for him to actually get into the position to do that. Apoc has good enough fighting skills to subdue an angry Hulk.....but IMO Drax is beyond Hulk erm ......it wouldn't be easy....but i say Drax wins 6-maybe even 7/10

~wickerman~

But his fields have been broken before Thanos broke through Quasar's forcefield with one blow.

I just see Apoc slipping through Drax's fingers over and over again. Does Drax have a healing factor? Because Apoc's attacks will take a toll after awhile.

Originally posted by Xplosive
Has Apocalypse really hurted and damaged Juggernaut in one punch?

No. They never fought.

Xplosive

No. They never fought.

I thought so, armadnovalles said Apocalypse hurted Juggernaut in onc punch. I thougt it was wierd I hadn't known that.

Nataku8188
I see Drax just plain outlasting Apoc. What's Apoc's best showing of power? Drax has taken shots from guys like Surfer like they were a joke. I don't see Drax getting his hands on Apoc for a long, long time.

Wickerman
But his fields have been broken before Thanos broke through Quasar's forcefield with one blow.

I just see Apoc slipping through Drax's fingers over and over again. Does Drax have a healing factor? Because Apoc's attacks will take a toll after awhile.

No. They never fought.

Thanos is a walking plot device wink For Christ's sake....just look at him after slugging it out with a BERSERKER Thor, with Mjolnir and WITH the Power Gem that incresed his strength even more.....and Thanos was just slugging it out......

No wonder Quasar's construct was broken laughing out loud

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/preacherofnothing/others/bbt56ro.jpg

laughing out loud

Anyway, back on-topic.....i still think Drax takes it 6 or maybe 7 times out of 10.....he's just way too powerful. I mean.....Apoc can have the potential to become TOAA for all i care.....he hasn't proven to be able to do it....

~wickerman~

demigawd
Thanos is a walking plot device wink For Christ's sake....just look at him after slugging it out with a BERSERKER Thor, with Mjolnir and WITH the Power Gem that incresed his strength even more.....and Thanos was just slugging it out......

No wonder Quasar's construct was broken laughing out loud

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/preacherofnothing/others/bbt56ro.jpg

laughing out loud

Anyway, back on-topic.....i still think Drax takes it 6 or maybe 7 times out of 10.....he's just way too powerful. I mean.....Apoc can have the potential to become TOAA for all i care.....he hasn't proven to be able to do it....

~wickerman~

No argument from me on Thanos being a walking plot device, lol. And also, while it's true that Apoc beating Drax would probably be his most impressive win, I still have trouble seeing the rather dim Drax taking out a tactical genius like Apoc. Apoc probably has less raw destructive power than Drax, but Apoc is one of the best when it comes to using that power. I see it as a classic contest of strength vs. finesse, and I'm siding with finesse for this one.

But I don't care enough either way to debate the point much further, lol.

Wickerman
No argument from me on Thanos being a walking plot device, lol. And also, while it's true that Apoc beating Drax would probably be his most impressive win, I still have trouble seeing the rather dim Drax taking out a tactical genius like Apoc. Apoc probably has less raw destructive power than Drax, but Apoc is one of the best when it comes to using that power. I see it as a classic contest of strength vs. finesse, and I'm siding with finesse for this one.

But I don't care enough either way to debate the point much further, lol.

You are extremely right. Finesse coupled with intelligence is after all how Thanos beat Champion to get the Power Gem....

However, that was with Prep...and i'd be much more willing to give it to Apoc if the OP had said anything about prep.....but he didn't sad

~wickerman~

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.