Swamp Thing VS. Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sentry
Current Supes

VS.

Swamp Thing with the powers of parliament

No prep.

Battlefield is Earth.

Debate.

roughrider
Well...is Superman willing to scorch the entire surface of the planet, to prevent Swampie's peaceful green takeover? I think not. ST once took over Gotham completely; when he paid a visit to Metropolis, he had Superman's head spinning, trying to stop the plants sprouting. ST could hold every human life on Earth in his hands, by pumping the oxygen levels to dangerous highs, or growing the small flora in everyone's stomach! Supes own moral code will prevent him from trying to wipe out Swamp Thing.fruits_apple

house
supes goes through swamp thing until he is nothing more than a pile of green crap on the end of his boot

ImmortalOne
Sentry, are you rushing your efforts on degrading Supez ??

Fanboy
Maybe he is mad because Sentry character is a Wannabee Superman all the Superman wannabees always degrade Superman.

Hulk Power
no expression

Sentry
You guys have no clue who the Swamp Thing is. You guys need to read up on him. Swamp Thing with the powers of parliament is basically immune to any type of elemental attack. He controls them. Heat vision? Pfffttt.... Parliament of flame will handle that. Strength... Strength will basically do nothing against this version of Swamp Thing.

So I am degrading Supes? No. Swamp Thing saved Superman's ass once when he got with a certain type of fever. Swamp Thing has also battled a Pre-Crisis Superman alongside Solomon Grundy. He has also battled against the likes of Etrigan and Phantom Stranger.

I'm not degrading Superman, I'm putting him up against a very tough foe. Fanboy and Immortal One need to read up on Alan Moore Swamp Thing.

Oh, Hulk Power, Swamp Thing will basically whoop the Hulk's ass with the powers of parliament.

roughrider
Yes...Hulk Power showed some ignorance in the Swamp Thing/Man Thing/Glob thread.

Sentry
You can't blame him, he probably was still a young kid or a baby when those comics came out.

Sentry
Originally posted by Sentry
You guys have no clue who the Swamp Thing is. You guys need to read up on him. Swamp Thing with the powers of parliament is basically immune to any type of elemental attack. He controls them. Heat vision? Pfffttt.... Parliament of flame will handle that. Strength... Strength will basically do nothing against this version of Swamp Thing.

So I am degrading Supes? No. Swamp Thing saved Superman's ass once when he got with a certain type of fever. Swamp Thing has also battled a Pre-Crisis Superman alongside Solomon Grundy. He has also battled against the likes of Etrigan and Phantom Stranger.

I'm not degrading Superman, I'm putting him up against a very tough foe. Fanboy and Immortal One need to read up on Alan Moore Swamp Thing.

Oh, Hulk Power, Swamp Thing will basically whoop the Hulk's ass with the powers of parliament.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Fanboy
Maybe he is mad because Sentry character is a Wannabee Superman all the Superman wannabees always degrade Superman.

So true smile

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Sentry

As Lex Luthor said before Swmpy got his conciousness shunted across the universe "I know from invulnerable, and gentleman you vegetable is not".

Lex wasted Swampy with his weapon smile

roughrider
Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
As Lex Luthor said before Swmpy got his conciousness shunted across the universe "I know from invulnerable, and gentleman you vegetable is not".

Lex wasted Swampy with his weapon smile

True - but Supes is not Lex. Think he can accomplish something here without turning to his arch foe, aside from complete scorched earth?

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by roughrider
True - but Supes is not Lex. Think he can accomplish something here without turning to his arch foe, aside from complete scorched earth?

The fortress tech could probably, obviously supes could cause the eradication of the green on earth although, heat vision from space would be out of character. I don't see how swampy can hurt supes at all his systems can cope with any earth flora gone mad, even internally, supes has eternity to win, swampy does not. smile

roughrider
Agreed - Swampie can't really hurt Superman. This is an unconventional matchup; the idea is he fights by gowing things out of Superman's control and can Supes stop that without destroying the planet. Interesting - aren't they both immortal? Or maybe when Swampie is old enough, he retires to the Parliament.

Sentry
Originally posted by roughrider
Agreed - Swampie can't really hurt Superman. This is an unconventional matchup; the idea is he fights by gowing things out of Superman's control and can Supes stop that without destroying the planet. Interesting - aren't they both immortal? Or maybe when Swampie is old enough, he retires to the Parliament.

Swamp Thing has been thrown around time a lot, and fathered the Yggdrasil plant. Swampy I think will retire to the Parliament of trees I think.

leonheartmm
yea well full potential swamp thing also almost killed GOD, im sure superman cant compare.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by leonheartmm
yea well full potential swamp thing also almost killed GOD, im sure superman cant compare.

I don't remember that I remember he was less than nothing to the Darkness

illadelph12
This is Swamp Thing with all the Parliament Powers: Earth, Wind (Air), Fire, Water, and the "Green".

I think he takes Superman.

The Fire Parliament's powers extend to thermonuclear and EM spectrum manipulation to a degree (like x-rays and microwaves, UV, etc). Supes taking out all plant life on Earth against this form of Swamp Thing would just make him take on an Earth Thing type body and keep going, as well as being able to manipulate the heat in Supes own body. Swamp Thing is magical as well, and he can transfer his spirit into any of the elements of the Parliaments and form his body. He might even be able to form his body out of Supes bio matrix since it's solar powered and falls under the Parliament of Fire.

Ya'll are seriously underestimating Swamp Thing.

Sentry
Originally posted by illadelph12
This is Swamp Thing with all the Parliament Powers: Earth, Wind (Air), Fire, Water, and the "Green".

I think he takes Superman.

The Fire Parliament's powers extend to thermonuclear and EM spectrum manipulation to a degree (like x-rays and microwaves, UV, etc). Supes taking out all plant life on Earth against this form of Swamp Thing would just make him take on an Earth Thing type body and keep going, as well as being able to manipulate the heat in Supes own body. Swamp Thing is magical as well, and he can transfer his spirit into any of the elements of the Parliaments and form his body. He might even be able to form his body out of Supes bio matrix since it's solar powered and falls under the Parliament of Fire.

Ya'll are seriously underestimating Swamp Thing.

Good post!!! thumb up

That what I was trying to say!!! But you said it much better.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.