solomon gundy vs wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jacobo0o
who takes this

jacobo0o
i think wolverine wins and no because im a fanboy but because
grundy is too dang stupid

pr1983
isnt grundy like dc's hulk?

masterbruce
wolverine, grundy is too slow and dumb and wolverine is way better fighter

jacobo0o
as the slow-witted, monstrous behemoth known as Solomon Grundy! Invulnerable to harm and possessing near-limitless strength, Solomon Grundy is an almost unstoppable foe for even the mightiest of heroes. It features multiple points of articulation, a removable club in his left hand and stands approximately 7.5" tall. Packaged in a 4-color blister.

(information about grundy)
so pretty much he is like the hulk

jacobo0o
any wolverine hater that thinks grundy wins?

long pig
Grundy.

And no, Grundy isn't D.C's hulk, Hulk is Marvel's Grundy. Grundy smash happend a long time before Hulk smash.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by long pig
Grundy.

And no, Grundy isn't D.C's hulk, Hulk is Marvel's Grundy. Grundy smash happend a long time before Hulk smash. Long pig this is the first time I think I actually agreed to what you said.

Grundy smash happend about 20yrs prior to Hulk smash.

jrodslam
Did anyone see how the fight went with him vs the JSA? What was the outcome? The picture looks badass.

snoopdogg
I was wondering that myself.

jrodslam
Heres the beginning...I knew i should have bought that comic.

http://img365.imageshack.us/img365/8425/jsavsgrundy1st.th.jpg

King_Mungi
Originally posted by snoopdogg
I was wondering that myself.

Supergirl punched him out, when Powergirl had him distracted.

Draco69
Grundy. Good Luck piercing his skin since even promethium and heat vision can't accomplish that.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Draco69
Grundy. Good Luck piercing his skin since even promethium and heat vision can't accomplish that.

Indeed. And Wolvie aint as strong as Supergirl.

But then again it is Wolverine. roll eyes (sarcastic)

pr1983
Grundy.

And no, Grundy isn't D.C's hulk, Hulk is Marvel's Grundy. Grundy smash happend a long time before Hulk smash.

My bad... embarrasment i know very little about grundy...

Draco69
Sokay. It's a general rule of thumb that anything Marvel came up with is a likelyhood to be a ripoff of a DC character about 85% of the time.

Some exceptions include Namor and Aquaman.

Piedmon
This depends on the version of Grundy. (Everytime he dies, a new Grundy is born.)

Some Grundies can trade punches with Superman. Another has been taken out by Green Arrow. It depends.

jrodslam
Fate and Strange as well.

pr1983
Sokay. It's a general rule of thumb that anything Marvel came up with is a likelyhood to be a ripoff of a DC character about 85% of the time.

i didnt mean it in direct comparison at all... just the reaction was a bit strong...

Draco69
If it helps Grundy has a MUCH lamer battle cry:

"SOLOMON GRUNDY, BORN ON A MONDAY!"

:vomit:

Piedmon
"By the hoary hosts of Hogar!"

Marvel=DC
somethig telling me that whoever made this thread most likely doesn't hate wolverine and wants to see him lose but hates his fans cause he ain't winnig this one. Also just to add to the marvel/dc ripoff when they came out with storm they drew her with out pupils most off the time and then dc started it.

pr1983
If it helps Grundy has a MUCH lamer battle cry:

"SOLOMON GRUNDY, BORN ON A MONDAY!"

:vomit:

your shittin me...

xmarksthespot
Wolverine shrugs off Hulk punches though... shifty

Grundy wins.

jacobo0o
somethig telling me that whoever made this thread most likely doesn't hate wolverine and wants to see him lose but hates his fans cause he ain't winnig this one. Also just to add to the marvel/dc ripoff when they came out with storm they drew her with out pupils most off the time and then dc started it.

how did u know that.......wow

King KAM
Wolverine,and he does it in style, he will go berserker all over that gray ass. I doont give a damn how thick his skin is, if Wolverine can cut through re-inforced steel, he can cut through grundys eyes, and when grundy cant see , then wolverine willtrip him and run.

jacobo0o
i can actually see taht happening since grundy is that dumb normally

jacobo0o
but one punch from him would probably knock out wolverine and if it doesnt he can just run over and closeline wolverine and then it wll be KO
what do u think is the percentage of him winning??

King KAM
Wolverine 7/10 hes too fast, agile and smart, he can avoid being hit.

long pig
embarrasment I just really like Grundy.

There are a few different versions of Grundy, the dumb Grundy, the smart one, the mean one and the really kid-like version.
This also happend way before Hulk had those different versions.

Strange wasn't a rip off of Fate, Strange was/is totally unique, he's what all the other magic users are based off of, even if he wasn't first.

Wolverine can't begin to win this. Grundy will see Logan's cool pants and say "GRUNDY WANT PANTS TOO!!" and kick his ass.

Pointinel
Grundy.

^i didnt know that. you relly do learn new stuffs everyday.

King KAM
I actually like FATE better, Dr.Fate rocks, i with that they would develop him more.....(nowadays)

Pointinel

what about:

wolverine
spidey
daredevil
ghost rider
punisher

^those are pretty original

King KAM
Originally posted by Pointinel
what about:

wolverine
spidey
daredevil
ghost rider
punisher

dont forget

Iron Man
BlackBolt
The whole mutant "x" gene
and the use of psychics.

Fanboy
Originally posted by pr1983
My bad... embarrasment i know very little about grundy...

Wow really mister Superman over here does not know about Grundy. One of Supermans worst foes according to what I read on Grundy.

long pig
He isn't mr superman, he's mr wonder woman. no offense. heh.

Grundy's greatest appearence was when he saw Superman's cape, he REALLY wanted a cape too. So he beats Superman unconcious and takes it.

How is Fate better than Strange? Fate has no personality, no weaknesses and no learned skill, he just gained his power from Nabu.

He's as strong as Superman and nearly as durable, if you have that, why have magic??

I swear, sometimes I think D.C makes it's comics for the mildly retarded. Take a look at Flash/Superman/Wonder Woman's rogue gallery. I'm sure Superman can find better foes than Lex Luthor, WW can do better than Cheetah and Flash can get better than the twirler.

Instead of giving their characters actual limits, they rely on HEAVY PIS CIS in order to make an actual story.
Doomsday was the only guy Superman had that gave him a run, and as soon as he beat Superman, they depowered him to make it impossible to allow him to win again, same with Darkseid.

Superheroes shouldn't ever be more powerful than their foes, it makes no sense.

Pointinel

Grundy's greatest appearence was when he saw Superman's cape, he REALLY wanted a cape too. So he beats Superman unconcious and takes it.

How is Fate better than Strange? Fate has no personality, no weaknesses and no learned skill, he just gained his power from Nabu.

He's as strong as Superman and nearly as durable, if you have that, why have magic??

I swear, sometimes I think D.C makes it's comics for the mildly retarded. Take a look at Flash/Superman/Wonder Woman's rogue gallery. I'm sure Superman can find better foes than Lex Luthor, WW can do better than Cheetah and Flash can get better than the twirler.

Instead of giving their characters actual limits, they rely on HEAVY PIS CIS in order to make an actual story.
Doomsday was the only guy Superman had that gave him a run, and as soon as he beat Superman, they depowered him to make it impossible to allow him to win again, same with Darkseid.

^cosigns.

or for those people who dont really give a fuc about reality. plus what's with the stupid names... red tornado? captain boomerang? calculator? and dont get me started with supes dialogue.

jrodslam

I cant completely agree with all of that LP. Who said that Fate was better than Strange? Either way, he did learn many spells on his own. Doesnt have the vast knowledge of Strange, but still know much. Nabu DOES however give him the God-like boost in magical knowledge.

Now i dont know of all Supermans or Wonder Womans rogue gallerys, but Flash's villains are very formidable. Magnetic users, psychics, time stoppers/slowers, weather manipulators speedstrers, mesmerers etc. He just doesnt have many powerhouse villains. They are all highly capable of taking out many or Marvels heroes.

I do however understand what youre saying about villains such as Doomsday and Darseid. If every character fought to his/her full potential, good or bad, alot of characters in general would be dead. Thats why they are heroes. There wouldnt be much comics if all the heroes used their full abilities. And who the hell is Twirler?

Draco69
Originally posted by Pointinel
what about:

wolverine
spidey
daredevil
ghost rider
punisher

Wolverine isn't very original. He's a ripoff of a future Legion of Superheroes character back in the 50s. Hell he even copied the costume during the Brood Saga.

Daredevil is a ripoff of Dr. Midnite.

Etrigan came long before Ghost Rider.

roughrider
"Solomon Grundy at least 20 years before Hulk?" And I thought he was a parody of Lurch from The Addams Family! He always looked like he stepped out of a graveyard. But both characters can be traced back to Frankenstein and Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde.
As for Dr. Fate, if anyone took his helmet off he has no power. Aside from the helmet, which looks cool, they should change the rest to make him look more like a mystic than a superhero.
As for the tradition of Marvel making copies of DC heroes, well it's just their way of taking the characters and showing them how they would work in something closer to real life! wink

Oh, uh, Wolvie runs rings around around SG, doing no real damage, until the chalky guy gets bored and hungry, so goes and kills a cow. Over a bonfire, he offers a leg to Wolvie, who sits down and joins him. laughing out loud

jrodslam
Originally posted by roughrider
As for Dr. Fate, if anyone took his helmet off he has no power.

Not true at all.

roughrider
Originally posted by jrodslam
Not true at all.

Why? Have they powered him up too, and changed that?
Legends miniseries - angry mob removed his helmet, and he had to flee before they got to him.

Draco69
I think that was the old (possibly Pre-Crisis) Dr. Fate.

DC kinda got rid of all those annoying "soooo powerful but THIS stupid AND common weakness can stop me" back then

yahman
Originally posted by King KAM
dont forget

Iron Man
BlackBolt
The whole mutant "x" gene
and the use of psychics.

The general use of bad physics. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cosmic Rays = Super Powers, I dont think so. Your more likely to get super powers from bashing your head up against a wall.

P.S. Its a general missconception that Marvel use more scientific theories, when it comes to the origins of Super powers. Stan Lee who created many of the original Marvel characters knows less about science that my little bro.

jrodslam
Why? Have they powered him up too, and changed that?
Legends miniseries - angry mob removed his helmet, and he had to flee before they got to him.

Its nothing new. Fate possesses some magical knowledge on his own. Of course not when he was first granted mantle of Dr.Fate, but over time. However Nabu does grant him the ability to cast greater and more effective spells. Hall does have his own library with billions of years worth of spell books, and studies those. Without the use of Nabu.

But hes no Kent Nelson, so he needs to study in order to become half the mage Nelson was.

roughrider
I think that was the old (possibly Pre-Crisis) Dr. Fate.

DC kinda got rid of all those annoying "soooo powerful but THIS stupid AND common weakness can stop me" back then

Nope - post-crisis, fall of 1986.

jrodslam
Nope - post-crisis, fall of 1986.

And that brings to my statement above.

roughrider
Originally posted by jrodslam
And that brings to my statement above.

You lost me. confused

jrodslam
You lost me. confused

Fate possesses some magical knowledge on his own. Of course not when he was first granted mantle of Dr.Fate, but over time.

But hes no Kent Nelson, so he needs to study in order to become half the mage Nelson was.

Hes wasnt/isnt as good as Nelson.

roughrider
So if he loses the helmet now he isn't completely helpless?

jrodslam
So if he loses the helmet now he isn't completely helpless?

Nope. He just doesnt know as much magic as he would with the helmet. Thats why he has to study so hard and so much.

Kent nelson was almost just as good without the helmet as with.
Hector needs the helmet alot more. I guess thats why hes trying to get better.

ZephroCarnelian

Sorry, dude. But he didn't. smile

Superman gave him a cape and dropped him off on a low grav planet, after Grundy helped Superman beat up parasite.

Earlier in the issue, Grundy had knocked Superman to the ground, but only for a second and he didn't at any point steal Supes' cape.

However - he is massively strong and for that issue and the issue before, Superman was stunned at his power. Until he realised his power was being drained off by parasite.

Anyway - Grundy still crushes Logan like tin-foil lol.

emraldguardian
Grundy would own this, i mean he was holdin off the whole JSA im sure he could take down Wolverine.

Marvel=DC
i agree with the WW comment on their enemies. WW is probably the easiest character to right enemies for next to Thor because most of their enemies have already existed before they DC and Marvel invented either one of them. There's Circe,Loki,Hadea,Ares,the Serpent thing Thor fights and don't even get me started on Ragnarok. Unfortunatly WW gets crap enemies alot of then time dr poison, Cheetah, etc are really not on her level and the people she gets nailed by if even though she eventually wins i.e slade, Batman etc. I gotta stop i'm getting a headache.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.