Solid Snake Vs Spiderman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TwisterGameX
I wonder, who would win this.

Pointinel
spidey will run circles on snake.

sorry.

TwisterGameX
The Punisher rips Spidey, time to Time, so....

King KAM
DD can beat up Spiderman in h2h, and DD would get DAWGED!!!!! by SS, i mean he would look like Stevie Wonder Versus Roy Jones jr.(before he loss 2) .

leonheartmm
with his eqiupment snake wins. without it, well snake will have a lot of truoble but if he can take frank down , he can take spidey down.

TwisterGameX
laughing

I think the problem is that, they don't play the games, and beat it, they just see a human on the cover.

King KAM
Originally posted by TwisterGameX
laughing

I think the problem is that, they don't play the games, and beat it, they just see a human on the cover. me too, oh yeah if u want to use ALL of snakes gadgets, than he can turn invisible, he has a 100 cloak, and his suit makes no noise so you cant hear him either.

Pointinel
laughing

I think the problem is that, they don't play the games, and beat it, they just see a human on the cover.

i play them man, actually im finishing up metal gear acid...

brainchild81
Spidey would beat the living hell out of Solid and Liquid Snake @ the same time. Snake's cool as hell and he's got knuckle game, but Spidey'd knock his "gotdamn head smooooooove off"

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by King KAM
me too, oh yeah if u want to use ALL of snakes gadgets, than he can turn invisible, he has a 100 cloak, and his suit makes no noise so you cant hear him either.

Even with Spidersense, he would have a hard time with that cloak.

Pointinel
^cosigns brainchild.

the games dont stand up to a quarter of what spidey accomplished in his comics.

King KAM
Originally posted by brainchild81
Spidey would beat the living hell out of Solid and Liquid Snake @ the same time. Snake's cool as hell and he's got knuckle game, but Spidey'd knock his "gotdamn head smooooooove off"
What if Snake uses the Rocket Launchers?

TwisterGameX

Oh please.
Who do you think Snake is ? the shocker, or the Kingpin ?

DD,Punisher,Wolverine, all tagged Spiderman, and DD and Punisher ripped him good multiple times, and SS is above them.

leonheartmm
ok clearer scenario, with his physical abilities theres no way snake can beat spidey, BUT WHO GIVES A **** ABOUT PHYSICAL ABILITIES, snakes battle record is far beyond the physical abilities of any human, if he could punk ninja, he can punk spidey{call it the HERO factor or whatever}

King KAM
Originally posted by leonheartmm
ok clearer scenario, with his physical abilities theres no way snake can beat spidey, BUT WHO GIVES A **** ABOUT PHYSICAL ABILITIES, snakes battle record is far beyond the physical abilities of any human, if he could punk ninja, he can punk spidey{call it the HERO factor or whatever}
yeah, he has a more luck than freakin Jubei Kibagami.

brainchild81
Originally posted by Pointinel
^cosigns brainchild.
Surprised to see that from yousmile Damn right though. That cloaking device ain't gonna slow Spidey down for even a second and if Snake thinks it will, he's a goner. He'll be salty(for about 1/2 second) when he's invisible and Spidey STILL webs his a$$ up and decapitates him. Spidey's punked ninjas too. I'd love to see Snake take on the Sinister Six. Wait, no I wouldn't because Snake'd die and I like him almost as much as Sam Fisher.smile

TwisterGameX
Surprised to see that from yousmile Damn right though. That cloaking device ain't gonna slow Spidey down for even a second and if Snake thinks it will, he's a goner. He'll be salty(for about 1/2 second) when he's invisible and Spidey STILL webs his a$$ up and decapitates him. Spidey's punked ninjas too. I'd love to see Snake take on the Sinister Six. Wait, no I wouldn't because Snake'd die and I like him almost as much as Sam Fisher.smile
Spidey punked ninjas too,m sure but not no Cyber Ninjas.

Spidey still can't punk the Kingpin, and dare devil and punisher punked, Spidey before, and what DD is a blind man ?

Metalmanx
God, who keeps pitting Snake against these characters? This is sad.

Spiderman flicks Snake and knocks him out. Seriously. It's been done.

brainchild81
What if Snake uses the Rocket Launchers? Wow! Spidey's never been up against those before. He wouldn't know what to do.embarrasment Spidey dodges them and closes the distance betweeen him and Snake. Snake won't use detonate anything up close. Spidey webs him and punches his face in.

leonheartmm
no actually this NINJA that snake faced inhand to hand was far beyond any human nunja.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Metalmanx

Spiderman flicks Snake and knocks him out. Seriously. It's been done. Yep.

King KAM
Wow! Spidey's never been up against those before. He wouldn't know what to do.embarrasment Spidey dodges them and closes the distance betweeen him and Snake. Snake won't use detonate anything up close. Spidey webs him and punches his face in.
but they are lock on heat sinkers...

TwisterGameX

Spiderman flicks Snake and knocks him out. Seriously. It's been done.

No getting beat by blind people(dare Devil) and a fat man(kingpin), is more Spideys speed.

TwisterGameX
Wow! Spidey's never been up against those before. He wouldn't know what to do.embarrasment Spidey dodges them and closes the distance betweeen him and Snake. Snake won't use detonate anything up close. Spidey webs him and punches his face in.

Punisher, been shot Spidey with a tranq and shoved his ass, in the back of his truck. I am sure Snake has a Tranq.

Metalmanx
No getting beqat by blind people(dare Devil) and a fat man(kingpin), is more Spideys speed.

No where in there do I see "Snake". So I guess we're all good then.

jrodslam
H2h combat Daredevil and Kingpn would probably beat Snake too.

You make it seem as if theyre nobodys.

King KAM
Originally posted by jrodslam

no, they arent nobodys, theyre just outclassed......

Metalmanx

Yea, I know, man.

He might as well have said Superman and Phoenix can beat Spiderman.

jrodslam
no, they arent nobodys, theyre just outclassed......

Pffft. Snake is just a console version of Punisher.

King KAM
idiot

TwisterGameX

Snake Will beat the blind man DD, and the Fat man Kingpin. When DD and Kingpin beat a Cyber Ninja, then we will talk.

Metalmanx
Snake Will beat the blind man DD, and the Fat man Kingpin. When DD and Kingpin beat a Cyber Ninja, then we will talk.

When Snake beats Doc Ock, Green Goblin, Rhino, Venom, Carnage, Toxin, and Sandman, then we'll talk.

TwisterGameX

Don't insult Snake.

Wynndar
cyber ninja? HAHAHAHA

xmarksthespot
Game characters vs comic characters is stupid. Spidey punches Snake until his lifebar runs out. Game over.

Metalmanx
Ah. Xmarks has gotcha there.

TwisterGameX
When Snake beats Doc Ock, Green Goblin, Rhino, Venom, Carnage, Toxin, and Sandman, then we'll talk.

Did you know how Spidet one ?

I hope you don't think Spidey could beat Toxin,Vnom,Carnage,Sandman, upgraded Ock one on one, without tehre particular Kriptonite ?

King KAM
snake says....

bring em on....smoke

Wynndar
yea...Spiderman would beat Snake's @ss like a 12 year old in a karate class.

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Game characters vs comic characters is stupid. Spidey punches Snake until his lifebar runs out. Game over.

Snake whips out his eraser, and thats the end of Spidey. Besides, Spidey can't make his lide bar go down, and Snake has rations.

xmarksthespot
No, but he can just push the off switch.

King KAM
Originally posted by Wynndar
yea...Spiderman would beat Snake's @ss like a 12 year old in a karate class.

no snake would whip his ass like obi, did maul.

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
No, but he can just push the off switch.

Not before Snake rips the paper.

Metalmanx
Alright, let's keep the real life stuff out of this shall we?

And yes, I know exactly how Spiderman defeats his enemies. Exactly why I think he'll dust, sweep, then mop the floor with Snake.

leonheartmm
easy metal manx, just cause colossus got his pansy ass handed to him by spidey doesnt mean that no1 else cant beat spidey.

Metalmanx
Eh? You mean when Spidey webbed him in the face and "won"? Brilliant victory there, I must say.

leonheartmm
nope, bullshit victory actually, comic books are known for stupid things,

who?-kid
laughing

I think the problem is that you don't read enough comics. You read somewhere that Punisher once beat SM (and you forget at the same time that Punisher in 95 % of his SM fights gets his ass handed to him), so you think by yourself : what Punisher can do, SS can do also.

This fight ain't even close.

who?-kid
Does Snake still have that box to hide in ? I hope it, because he'll need it...

ExtraMision5555
Vamp was sexually active, and snake still beat him, so i wonder if snake could beat spiderman

Metalmanx
I doubt the box would help at all, but it probably would be the best chance he has of surviving.

Spidey would end up laughing too hard to attack him and just let him go.

Avalonofthewind
Snake 6/10.
Both characters have beaten characters far stronger than them. So that won't factor too much in this fight.
Spider Sense will be fairly useless against someone who beat Psycho Mantis (an opponent who can read all your moves)
Although Snake is enhanced human, and we are never told what his true power level is..he was strong enough to beat a class 100 cyber ninja in h2h combat. I'd rate that ninja a bit higher than Spidey in overall stats.

HOWEVER...Spidey does still have the strength advantage and the speed advantage. Depending on surroundings and the conditions of the fight..it's pretty evened out.

lifeisaglich
There is a difference in how spiderman and Psycho Mantis sences work Spiderman's spider sense are for deffensive purposses while mantis senses are for offensive purposses.

who?-kid
Can somebody please explain to me how Snake is gonna beat Spider-Man? Spider-Man outclasses Snake on EVERY physical level, and can literally rip him apart.

Not only that, but he's also much more durable than Snake and has his spider-sense. Last but not least, SM can hold his own (for a good while) against the Hulk and co with nothing but his fists and webs.

So, what is Snake gonna do ? No, don't tell me, use his rocket launcher ! wink

lifeisaglich
no they are going to say that Snake beat a Class 100 ton Cyber Ninja....and spiderman has never fought someone in this range before. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by lifeisaglich
There is a difference in how spiderman and Psycho Mantis sences work Spiderman's spider sense are for deffensive purposses while mantis senses are for offensive purposses.

I am aware of that. However, the similarity is that Mantis was able to read and knew ahead of time what Snakes moves were going to be...and still lost...

Spidey's sense is similar. If Snake can overcome one..he can overcome the other.

How? Couldnt tell ya...that's still Kojima's secret...

For the most part, I say its an even fight if each character is portrayed faithfully. I mean..how the hell does snake sneak up on anyone while carrying all the gear on him? As an ex marine myself...I can say it's definitely not easy to walk around with all that crap strapped on you.

ExtraMision5555
I would kinda agree With avalon, Im leaning towards spiderman, but they have both defeated foes stronger than them, and i duno how spidey would stack up against metal gears (similar to the ones snake fought in MGS2 SOL) I bet snakes h2h is a little better than spidermans, but spideys punches would hurt snake a bit

leonheartmm
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
I am aware of that. However, the similarity is that Mantis was able to read and knew ahead of time what Snakes moves were going to be...and still lost...

Spidey's sense is similar. If Snake can overcome one..he can overcome the other.

How? Couldnt tell ya...that's still Kojima's secret...

For the most part, I say its an even fight if each character is portrayed faithfully. I mean..how the hell does snake sneak up on anyone while carrying all the gear on him? As an ex marine myself...I can say it's definitely not easy to walk around with all that crap strapped on you.

hey i can sneak just about as good as snake, on almost any terrain, with a huge back pack{and after a year and a half of hard work i might add}

Metalmanx
To be completely honest, I'm really curious as to how Snake beat this dude that KNEW WHAT HE WAS GOING TO DO TO BEFORE HE DID IT without a plot device. Basically, what I'm saying is, there really should be know way to beat a guy who knows what you're going to do, unless some other force intervened.

That said. Spiderman rips him in two.

Juntai
To be completely honest, I'm really curious as to how Snake beat this dude that KNEW WHAT HE WAS GOING TO DO TO BEFORE HE DID IT without a plot device. Basically, what I'm saying is, there really should be know way to beat a guy who knows what you're going to do, unless some other force intervened.

That said. Spiderman rips him in two. He'll plug his controller into port 2, then it's all over.

Metalmanx
Crap! I never thought that! Spiderman wins even easier than previoulsy believed!

Avalonofthewind
hey i can sneak just about as good as snake, on almost any terrain, with a huge back pack{and after a year and a half of hard work i might add}

You are welcome to try...and you are 100% right about the hard work...
If you manage to do something like playing hopscotch on missles while carrying said gear...let me know...

brainchild81
Snake 6/10.
Both characters have beaten characters far stronger than them. So that won't factor too much in this fight.
Spider Sense will be fairly useless against someone who beat Psycho Mantis (an opponent who can read all your moves)
Wasn't he reading Snake's mind though? The Spidey sense is totally different.

lifeisaglich
How is snake going to overcome spiderman spider sense?? Because last I checked spiderman does not projects his spidersense into other people's minds.

Avalonofthewind
Wasn't he reading Snake's mind though? The Spidey sense is totally different.

He was reading his mind and predicting his actions before snake could do anything. Spider sense is basically a reflex action.

They work in differnet ways...but its the same situation for snake.

brainchild81
No it's not. Not even close.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by lifeisaglich
How is snake going to overcome spiderman spider sense?? Because last I checked spiderman does not projects his spidersense into other people's minds.

Spidey doesnt read minds and predict moves either.
Spidey isn't a multi ton armored walking nuclear tank with guiding systems or tons of weapons.

If this is say..a pure bloodlusted fist fight, of course Spidey will win.

However, if these characters are in their native environments with their native weapons, its a totally different scenario...and very fair to both having a chance to win. Snake also kills quickly while spidey pulls punches...something I haven't forgotten about.

Avalonofthewind
No it's not. Not even close.

What's not? I explained my half..now you explain what's different...from Snakes end.

who?-kid
He was reading his mind and predicting his actions before snake could do anything. Spider sense is basically a reflex action.

The reflexes of SM (who are much better than those of Snake - any Snake) only kick in after his spider-sense has warned him for danger. His spider-sense is some kind of precog ability, and has nothing to do with reflexes.

It warns him a split second before the actual attack.

DarkCrawler
Spider-Man wins.

lifeisaglich
Exactly.....mantis and spider sense to different form and in how they are applied.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by who?-kid
The reflexes of SM (who are much better than those of Snake - any Snake) only kick in after his spider-sense has warned him for danger. His spider-sense is some kind of precog ability, and has nothing to do with reflexes.

It warns him a split second before the actual attack.

Exactly, but how would that be different from someone who can read you mind and know your actions before you do them?

In the beginning of the fight, Snake couldnt hit mantis as he dodge every move easily due to the fact he knew everything snake was going to do.
Then there is the fact that any weapon snake used was useless against the guy as a grenade/missle, bullet would be stopped or explode before it got to mantis.

This is while Mantis was still controlling Meryl as well.

A bit of invisibilty, throwing off spideys spider sense, and a knife through his neck and pete is dead. Snake is a master of trickery as well.

I like both characters but going by their personalities...its an even battle as long as its not a boxing match.

TwisterGameX
Punisher,Shocker,Kingpin,Dare Devil......smacked Spidey around, and half of them are no where near human peak.........

brainchild81
Exactly, but how would that be different from someone who can read you mind and know your actions before you do them?

When the controler was put into port 2, he lost the ability to read your mind. For the sake of argument I'll say Snake cleared his mind. Can't read a blank page. There's a tournament Wolvie participated in a while back. One of his opponents was Mr.X(a mind reader) X was kicking a$$ until Wolvie went into a berserker rage(during which even Wolverine doesn't know what he's going to do next). Wolverine then proceeded to beat X's a$$. The Spidey sense is totally different from mind reading. Spidey-sense is like a radar/early warning system combo. Click the link in my sig. Mind reading is useless if there is no mind or if the mind is unreadable. If P-Mantis walked into a room with a robotic machine gun turret, he'd get his head blown off. Spidey'd be warned and move out of the way.

TwisterGameX
When the controler was put into port 2, he lost the ability to read your mind. For the sake of argument I'll say Snake cleared his mind. Can't read a blank page. There's a tournament Wolvie participated in a while back. One of his opponents was Mr.X(a mind reader) X was kicking a$$ until Wolvie went into a berserker rage(during which even Wolverine doesn't know what he's going to do next). Wolverine then proceeded to beat X's a$$. The Spidey sense is totally different from mind reading. Spidey-sense is like a radar/early warning system combo. Click the link in my sig. Mind reading is useless if there is no mind or if the mind is unreadable. If P-Mantis walked into a room with a robotic machine gun turret, he'd get his head blown off. Spidey'd be warned and move out of the way.

So Spidey could dodge machine guns, up close, but gets caught by the Kingpin,Shocker, Punisher,and dare devil.

brainchild81
Who'd read a comic where the hero never gets hit? Would you play MGS if Snake was unbeatable? Spidey holds back when fighting them. Shocker winds up in jail for a reason. Kingpin used to beat up on a young and green Spidey. Spidey's knocked his a$$ out before even though Spidey was still holding back. Spidey's disarmed and dealt w/Frank plenty of times and he's done all of this WHILE HOLDING BACK. You talk about these guys as if they're a joke. Kingpin'd take Snake in a H2H. As would Daredevil. Give Snake a pistol and DD'd still kick his a$$. Punisher'd take a shotgun to Snake's face. Unlike Wolverine, Snake'd die. Shocker'd blast Snake into tiny bits before Snake even drew his weapon. If he can tag Spidey, he can easily tag Snake. Easily

brainchild81
but they are lock on heat sinkers... I know. That's where the "close the distance" part comes in Snake's gonna have a much harder time dodging than Spidey. Especially when Spidey closes the gap, KOs Snake and positions his KOed body in front of said missles.

TwisterGameX
Who'd read a comic where the hero never gets hit? Would you play MGS if Snake was unbeatable? Spidey holds back when fighting them. Shocker winds up in jail for a reason. Kingpin used to beat up on a young and green Spidey. Spidey's knocked his a$$ out before even though Spidey was still holding back. Spidey's disarmed and dealt w/Frank plenty of times and he's done all of this WHILE HOLDING BACK. You talk about these guys as if they're a joke. Kingpin'd take Snake in a H2H. As would Daredevil. Give Snake a pistol and DD'd still kick his a$$. Punisher'd take a shotgun to Snake's face. Unlike Wolverine, Snake'd die. Shocker'd blast Snake into tiny bits before Snake even drew his weapon. If he can tag Spidey, he can easily tag Snake. Easily

Snake is unbeatable!!!!!

And so why the make, him kill gods and not humans, thats gay.

brainchild81
What are you talking aboot?

Arahan
Did I mention that I have clones?

Spidey wins. Sneaking,invisbility, knife throwing no prob for spidey.
Dont know how powerful Metal Gear is but Spidey can tako on several Sentinels and kick their ass.

TwisterGameX
Metal Gear > Sentinals.

Snake is geniticly enhance so above peak human, everything including speed and reflexes. He dodged alot in that helicopter fight with liquid that no human can do. Cyber ninja is damn quick too. Craven smacked spidey around with a jungle net...

brainchild81
And so why the make, him kill gods and not humans, thats gay. What are you talking about?

brainchild81
Metal Gear > Sentinals.

Snake is geniticly enhance so above peak human, everything including speed and reflexes. He dodged alot in that helicopter fight with liquid that no human can do. Cyber ninja is damn quick too. Craven smacked spidey around with a jungle net... There's also a book where Spidey beat up Kraven and Vulture @ the same time. Knocking Kraven out with a gut shot.

TwisterGameX
There's also a book where Spidey beat up Kraven and Vulture @ the same time. Knocking Kraven out with a gut shot.

Comics are screwed up. One day he beat god himself, then the next he can't handle the shocker....

Well If Snake was in the comics, and some one wrote it, then Spideys ass is so kicked, just like Punisher,dd,shocker,kingpin did at one point.

Even a man that has a fishbowl on head. Mysterio

brainchild81
To be honest, Shocker and Mysterio'd both kill Snake.

TwisterGameX

Ok Spidey fan.

Arahan
Says the Snake fan smile

Avalonofthewind

And Mantis, Metal Gear, Grey Fox, Raven, and the pain could kill spidey.
Fall all his strength, spidey is not much much invulnerable than a standard human when it comes to weapons...

Shocker and Mysterio? Nothing a chaff grenade, Smoke Grenade and some invisibility couldn't take care of. Those 2 would be a joke for snake.

Metalmanx

In the beginning of the fight, Snake couldnt hit mantis as he dodge every move easily due to the fact he knew everything snake was going to do.
Then there is the fact that any weapon snake used was useless against the guy as a grenade/missle, bullet would be stopped or explode before it got to mantis.

This is while Mantis was still controlling Meryl as well.

A bit of invisibilty, throwing off spideys spider sense, and a knife through his neck and pete is dead. Snake is a master of trickery as well.

I like both characters but going by their personalities...its an even battle as long as its not a boxing match.

Brainchild has already explained the Spidey-sene thing, so I won't even go there about that being different than mind reading.

Anyway. Invisibility? Seriously? That's your strategy?

If memory serves me right, and it usually does, Invisible tried that exact same strategy. What did she do? She turned invisible to capture Spidey by surprising him. What did Spidey do? Completely and effortlessly avoided her attack and used it against her.

Com'on, dude. You clearly don't know anything about Spiderman if you think invisibility is the way to go.

Spiderman could just rip his limbs off. Ya know, if he wanted to.

Metalmanx
And Mantis, Metal Gear, Grey Fox, Raven, and the pain could kill spidey.
Fall all his strength, spidey is not much much invulnerable than a standard human when it comes to weapons...

Shocker and Mysterio? Nothing a chaff grenade, Smoke Grenade and some invisibility couldn't take care of. Those 2 would be a joke for snake.

Again. Showing a severe lack of knowledge of both Spiderman and his villians.

Mysterio would mess Snake up something nasty. I mean his illusions even mess Spidey's spidersense up at times. Snake will get murdered.

And Shocker would tag Snake so fast, it wouldn't even be funny.

And Spidey would destroy Mantis, Metal Gear, Grey Fox, Raven, and the pain. They were weak against bullets. What does this tell you?

Avalonofthewind

Mysterio would mess Snake up something nasty. I mean his illusions even mess Spidey's spidersense up at times. Snake will get murdered.

And Spidey would destroy Mantis, Metal Gear, Grey Fox, Raven, and the pain. They were weak against bullets. What does this tell you?

Again, showing a severe lack of knowledge of Snake and
his villains.

Psycho mantis would mess Spidey up something nasty. I mean his illusions even mess Spidey's spidersense up the whole time. Spidey will get murdered.

And Grey Fox would tag Spidey so fast, it wouldn't even be funny.

And Snake would destroy Mysterio, Electro, Green Goblin, Doc Ock, and the Vulture. They were weak against bullets. What does this tell you?

TwisterGameX

Spidey can't get killed by a bullet confused Is that what you are trying to say ?

Mantis will mind rape Spidey.

Snake dodged the damn missle, from the choper by jumping on it and flipping off it. Snake dodged Vulcan Ravens Machine gun, and aother projectile crap been thrown at him, piece of buildings. Did I mention the seen with Sniper Wolf, and snake doing his reflexes.

Fish bowl man, and shocker, gives Spidey so much trouble and they are a joke, and human...no where near peak.
Don't get me started on how punisher got Spidey in the back of his truck, long time ago. How did the punisher ***** smack Spidey and use gass to stop the web man, then use his weapons to hurt him like a strayy dog.
How did craven, get Spiderman in a fish net ?
You don't know Cyber Ninja and the other Snake villians at all. Stop thinging Snake is human level.

Metalmanx
Again, showing a severe lack of knowledge of Snake and
his villains.

Psycho mantis would mess Spidey up something nasty. I mean his illusions even mess Spidey's spidersense up the whole time. Spidey will get murdered.

And Grey Fox would tag Spidey so fast, it wouldn't even be funny.

And Snake would destroy Mysterio, Electro, Green Goblin, Doc Ock, and the Vulture. They were weak against bullets. What does this tell you?

Wow. Brilliant use of my own post against me.

I am defeated. You are clearly too much for me.

Metalmanx
Spidey can't get killed by a bullet confused Is that what you are trying to say ?

Stop thinging Snake is human level.

Actually, yes. Not by a single bullet at least. Spiderman does indeed have much increased durability, being Spiderman and all. He has an accelerated healing factor (not like Wolvie's, but he heals like 15x times faster than healthy people), and certain attacks just don't harm him in the same way.

Stop thinking that Snake is anywhere near Spiderman's level and I'll agree that Snake is not of just human level.

TwisterGameX
Actually, yes. Not by a single bullet at least. Spiderman does indeed have much increased durability, being Spiderman and all. He has an accelerated healing factor (not like Wolvie's, but he heals like 15x times faster than healthy people), and certain attacks just don't harm him in the same way.

Stop thinking that Snake is anywhere near Spiderman's level and I'll agree that Snake is not of just human level.

So a bullet to the head, will only slow Spidey down.

Metalmanx
Well, alright. To head would kill Spiderman, yes.

But are you implying that bullet to the head wouldn't kill Snake?

Or that a super strong 15+ ton punch to the head wouldn't kill Snake?

leonheartmm
snake takes this, get over it people.

leonheartmm
Well, alright. To head would kill Spiderman, yes.

But are you implying that bullet to the head wouldn't kill Snake?

Or that a super strong 15+ ton punch to the head wouldn't kill Snake?

sorry. spidey is class 10, and ofcourse that doesnt mean he can just punch with a force of a 10ton weight either, and dont u think grey fox punched a lot harder than spidey, and snake survived that, and lets not forget volgin's class100 punches, which could easily destroy military reinfirced concrete walls and punched right through the shagohod's body armour{which btw, was not even DENTED by an rpg6 with a heat warhead} well ok so snake did vomit once when hit by many many of volgin's punches, but these were at a whole different level than spidey's punches. and anyway bigg boss beat volgin, snake is big boss, only better at everythin.

Arahan
laughing Happy Dance laughing out loud pirate

Hmm I disagree. Lets talk about other things like sewer surfing witthout
Sewer.

TwisterGameX
I think spidey got upgraded AGAIn to be 15ton

Metalmanx
sorry. spidey is class 10, and ofcourse that doesnt mean he can just punch with a force of a 10ton weight either, and dont u think grey fox punched a lot harder than spidey, and snake survived that, and lets not forget volgin's class100 punches, which could easily destroy military reinfirced concrete walls and punched right through the shagohod's body armour{which btw, was not even DENTED by an rpg6 with a heat warhead} well ok so snake did vomit once when hit by many many of volgin's punches, but these were at a whole different level than spidey's punches. and anyway bigg boss beat volgin, snake is big boss, only better at everythin.

Spidey is now, in fact, class 15 now. I know for a fact that he has gotten a strength upgrade.

Either way though, it might as well be Superman against Snake.

Snake dies from pretty much one hit.

Arahan
Strenght upgrade ,speed upgrade, enhanced spider sense, insect telepathy even his wallcrawling abiltiy was enhanced (according to Spideys words in Human Torch/Spiderman issue 5)

leonheartmm
Spidey is now, in fact, class 15 now. I know for a fact that he has gotten a strength upgrade.

Either way though, it might as well be Superman against Snake.

Snake dies from pretty much one hit.

then why didnt he die from grey fox's hits, or from volgin's hits?

Metalmanx
then why didnt he die from grey fox's hits, or from volgin's hits?

Cuz if he did, you'd still be at your PS2 still trying to beat them and you wouldn't be here at all. Because you'd have no chance of winning if you died from one shot in the video game. That's why. The developers clearly do have some sympathy for their gamers.

leonheartmm
Cuz if he did, you'd still be at your PS2 still trying to beat them and you wouldn't be here at all. Because you'd have no chance of winning if you died from one shot in the video game. That's why. The developers clearly do have some sympathy for their gamers.

no no metal manx, im not just talkin about the fights in real time, im talkin about the factual story in the form of cutscenes{which can not be thought of as biased or unreal} if u remember volgin tortured granin and the scientist to death in just 3 punches, {yes he was punching with most of his strength} but when he strated on snake he said, UR A TOUGH ONE MY FRIEND, A LESSER MAN WOULD BE DEAD BY NOW, he punched snake many many times{it also happened when snake tried to rescue sokolov dressed as raikov, and DONT FORGET that volgin also shocked snake many times and for many seconds with a charge of TEN MILLION VOLTS, you could literally see snakes skeleton visible from beneath his skin cause of the flashes, and that session just left snake with 3 major fractures and a lot of cuts{which he took care of himself i might add}, now think about that, and also in twin snakes, snake does get hit by frank yeager. and not just his punches, kicks etc, but also the shockwave, electric aura that surrounds his body when he is having those siezures and strokes.

Metalmanx
no no metal manx, im not just talkin about the fights in real time, im talkin about the factual story in the form of cutscenes{which can not be thought of as biased or unreal} if u remember volgin tortured granin and the scientist to death in just 3 punches, {yes he was punching with most of his strength} but when he strated on snake he said, UR A TOUGH ONE MY FRIEND, A LESSER MAN WOULD BE DEAD BY NOW, he punched snake many many times{it also happened when snake tried to rescue sokolov dressed as raikov, and DONT FORGET that volgin also shocked snake many times and for many seconds with a charge of TEN MILLION VOLTS, you could literally see snakes skeleton visible from beneath his skin cause of the flashes, and that session just left snake with 3 major fractures and a lot of cuts{which he took care of himself i might add}, now think about that, and also in twin snakes, snake does get hit by frank yeager. and not just his punches, kicks etc, but also the shockwave, electric aura that surrounds his body when he is having those siezures and strokes.

That actually helps my argument even more.

If these took place in cutscenes, then of course they're (the developers) aren't going to kill you off when you can do nothing about it.

Think about that for a moment. Aside from the fact that he did survive these things, would you be happy if you were killed when you had no control over it? That would be it. You would just have to sit there and cry as the game kills you and you can't do a thing about it.

TwisterGameX

If these took place in cutscenes, then of course they're (the developers) aren't going to kill you off when you can do nothing about it.

Think about that for a moment. Aside from the fact that he did survive these things, would you be happy if you were killed when you had no control over it? That would be it. You would just have to sit there and cry as the game kills you and you can't do a thing about it.

Do you know how dumb that sounds. Oh the game don't want you to die, well because they are telling the story and he doesnt die in the story so why would they kill you if they telling a story about him and he doesnt die.

Metalmanx
Do you know how dumb that sounds. Oh the game don't want you to die, well because they are telling the story and he doesnt die in the story so why would they kill you if they telling a story about him and he doesnt die.

I know it sounded dumb. It's just exceedinly difficult to sophisticatedly turn your dumb arguments into intelligent ones. So I just chose to answer you in a way that you might understand.

leonheartmm

oh RIGHT and that doesnt hold at al for when spidey is goin up agianst the green goblin, sandman or carnage, all foes that can more than easily kill him with ur logic, or how about falling from the top of the chrysler building when he couldnt control his webswinging? ur logic is flawed.

King KAM

I AM ENDING THIS THREAD(hopefully)
Alright, we willl never see things at the same point of view people, Snake isnt a fair Character to put up against almost any character, why??? because no matter how out gunned, out muscled he is he NEVER loses, why??? not because he is a video-game character but because he is a story, just like Peter Parker will never die, neither will good old SS, and we will just have to agree that, the win goes to writers Marvel Spidey wins, Konami Snake wins......point Blizank BIOTCH!

Metalmanx
oh RIGHT and that doesnt hold at al for when spidey is goin up agianst the green goblin, sandman or carnage, all foes that can more than easily kill him with ur logic, or how about falling from the top of the chrysler building when he couldnt control his webswinging? ur logic is flawed.

......Possibly because he has super powers and super enginuitiveness?

Did we forget about these?

leonheartmm

super powers: not even close to that of those adversaries{more outclassed than snake is vs spidey},

inginuitiveness: snake has more in his left hand than spidey does in his entire body.

King KAM

Technically he is like Captain America, but better(training, experience, genteically), think of Cap as Reed and Sue, think of SS and Franklin Richards.

Metalmanx
Technically he is like Captain America, but better(training, experience, genteically), think of Cap as Reed and Sue, think of SS and Franklin Richards.

So now Snake has reality warping powers? Is that what you're saying?

I'm getting tired of hearing this never ending list of Snake's powers/abilities.

And the way Spidey thinks on his feet is on a whole 'nother level compared to Snake.

leonheartmm

I'm getting tired of hearing this never ending list of Snake's powers/abilities.

And the way Spidey thinks on his feet is on a whole 'nother level compared to Snake.

he was just comparin man.

King KAM

hahahahahaha that was a good one, but you know i was making an analogy, and it was a good one, stop being a pooh head.

TwisterGameX

Yes, Spiderman prime at his best...

Tha C-Master

Tha C-Master
not done yet....

Tha C-Master

Tha C-Master
that felt good...

jinzin
common guys..snake can't even beat a damned crab!

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/239227

King KAM

jinzin
dude you like phoenix, nuff said

laughing out loud

Arahan
hey C where have you benn? good you are back smile

Shazman
Spiderman DEFINETLY HANDS DOWN

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Arahan
hey C where have you benn? good you are back smile I got tired of the bullshit around here that are called posts, and I left, then I came back and owned, and now I may leave again...

Tha C-Master
dude you like phoenix, nuff said Its a dragon, take these silly rebuttals out of here...

King KAM
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Its a dragon, take these silly rebuttals out of here...
Phoenix, dragons, all the same

Tha C-Master
smurf porn all the same...

King KAM
smurf porn all the same...
whoa.....you got some sick fetishes my man....

Pointinel
*grabs popcorn*

Tha C-Master
smurf porn all the same... You REALLY need to visit funnyjunk.com

Creshosk
Phoenix, dragons, all the same No, one is a fire breathing lizard, the other is a bird made of fire that comes back to life upon death.

No wonder you think Snake wins, you can't tell the difference between things like a good argument and your arguments.

Tha C-Master
Cresh sticking up for me, I must have bumped my head...

Arahan
hey may be this is the beginning of a wonderful friendship laughing

Tha C-Master
Me and cresh are close friends, we just looooooove arguing with each other...

Creshosk
Me and cresh are close friends, we just looooooove arguing with each other... Yup. I don't take our arguments personally, and there are only a few subjects that we disagree on, and only one that we argue with a passion. . .

Tha C-Master
Why creshosk is such a fanboy... stick out tongue

ExtraMision5555
The only way i see snake having some sort of chance is if he knew about spiderman before hand. But even still, spiderman would win 8/10 ish, maybe even 9, it would be really hard for snake to touch Spiderman, BUT snake does have some technology at his disposal

brainchild81

Think about that for a moment. Aside from the fact that he did survive these things, would you be happy if you were killed when you had no control over it? That would be it. You would just have to sit there and cry as the game kills you and you can't do a thing about it. laughing That'd be really f**ked up.

Creshosk
I've played games where you do actually die in the cinematic. . . or you are supposed to lose a fight that you do have control of.

Quite annoying, but hey . . .

Avalonofthewind
I think the problem is you know little about spiderman.

What is snake, a peak human? Thats about it...

Great you leave a few days, and you are overrun by fanboys.

Do ANY of you know who or what spiderman is and can do?

Do you know what a spidersense is, I thought now, so sit down.

there shouldn't be a use of ALL of his gadgets, because he can't carry them all at once, and spiderman gets nothing, but its not like snake can use but more than one item at the same time anyway.

This here shows you know little about spiderman, if he's invisible it doesn't matter, he has DANGER SENSE.

Unless snake is venom and can neutrulize that out, I think snake is ****ed.

I would go easy on you because you are new, but I have no time for fanboys anymore, and since you seem so smug.

Snake is a human with a few guns thats IT. There are no plot devices in comics.

Look below to learn what that is guy...

What is a plot device?

A plot device is a person or an object introduced to a story to affect or advance the plot. In the hands of a skilled writer, the reader or viewer will not notice that the device is a construction of the author—it will seem to follow naturally from the setting or characters in the story. A poorly-written story, on the other hand, may have such awkward or contrived plot devices that the reader has serious trouble maintaining suspension of disbelief; indeed, the devices may even leave plot

In a comic debate we don't worry about intangibles, we use facts.

Spiderman is faster, stronger, and smarter, with more agility, and danger sense, than the above listed, answer:yes

Spiderman would logically beat ALL of those guys, because here we don't worry about upsetting fanbases.

I'm not sure if you are right or wrong, because if YOU KNOW that snake loses, why are you inserting the hero factor in?

Please tell me I'm wrong...

Ah great the fanboy, coolness argument.

Did you know that spiderman beat thor, firelord, hulk, and titania?

Since you don't want to include plot devices...

Whats a plot device?

A plot device is a person or an object introduced to a story to affect or advance the plot. In the hands of a skilled writer, the reader or viewer will not notice that the device is a construction of the author—it will seem to follow naturally from the setting or characters in the story. A poorly-written story, on the other hand, may have such awkward or contrived plot devices that the reader has serious trouble maintaining suspension of disbelief; indeed, the devices may even leave plot

This here shows, you know little about spiderman, plain and simple.

Spiderman has a musculstature and enhanced skeleton that allows him to lift 30000 lbs, and he has speed 15x faster than a human, agility 15x faster than a human, reflexes 20x faster than a human, and a danger sense.

He could kill those two in one hit, can you prove me wrong?

Spiderman can dodge it before he even pulls the trigger, or web his ass and slam him.
Do you know why spiderman was paralyzed?

Secret, to advance the plot...

You aren't going to last long here, not that its a bad thing, either.
Your whole premise is "snake beat xxx, so he can beat xxx"

Spiderman handed it to a brand new and improved venom when beserk, and spiderman holds back...

Snake gets caught out of stealth,(why is he sneaking if he's so badass?), and gets shot a few times, and dies, whoop de doo.

Play the spiderman game, its pretty accurate save strength, he can do MUCH more beyond snakes dreams.

A fanboy are we, this here shows, you have made a homoerotic bond with your character, and want him to win in ANY situation.

What the hell are you talking about, are you high?

That he has to pull out and use, guess what happens to the bum then?

I'm hoping you aren't serious...

There may be hope for you yet...

NO it won't, you need to understand what precog is, bullets are fairly useless against someone who is a consistent blur, and can jump a parking lot.

He used a plot device, and a plot device, and a plot device..

Whats a plot device?

Strenght, speed, agility, intelligence, 120,000 per square meter tensile strength webbing, pre cog.

Why doesn't this matter when spiderman fights anyone?

They arent in this match, how would snake beat venom, carnage, etc.

Ock?

Spiderman kills snake in one hit,enough said...

I was about done with this forum, but seeing as you are looking for a debate...

Funny how you missed the part where I said in a straight up physical fight, Spidey would kill Snake. I'm using these characters in their purest sense. Snake is a killer and Spidey isn't. I'm not sure what is so difficult to understand for many when coming from Snakes point of view of spider sense and telepathy. Psycho does have some precog also. He reads minds, controls them, makes weapons useless..etc etc. Lets see...For speed and strength...Fox was an invisible blur, better trained than spidey, stronger, and far more deadly...and still lost. Yup, its a game...but as a story (like a comic) snake/spidey whoever it is won...therefore canon.

I'm also glad you can copy and paste a "plot device" argument..because as we all know Spidey and comic books NEVER have those, right? Sure...they are just limited to games...I forgot...

Since Bloodlust, prep, or an environment wasn't used on either character..I've worked to give them both a fair assesment, knowing both of them well. Personality wise as well as their abilities and what they are equipped with. None of my arguments sound like "Snake izzz kewl, he roxxorz to da winzzzz yo!"

If you can see that...there may be hope for you.

Creshosk
Is Snake strong enough to break steel?

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by Creshosk
Is Snake strong enough to break steel?

The people Batman beat coul break steal but batman can't...doesnt mean he cant beat him..... this was an example.

brainchild81
I was about done with this forum, but seeing as you are looking for a debate...

Funny how you missed the part where I said in a straight up physical fight, Spidey would kill Snake. I'm using these characters in their purest sense. Snake is a killer and Spidey isn't. I'm not sure what is so difficult to understand for many when coming from Snakes point of view of spider sense and telepathy. Psycho does have some precog also. He reads minds, controls them, makes weapons useless..etc etc. Lets see... You know what precog is? I'm not trying to be a wiseass.

Tha C-Master

Creshosk
The people Batman beat coul break steal but batman can't...doesnt mean he cant beat him..... this was an example. So Snake can't break steel? Does he have anything that can cut through steel with ease that is attatched to him in such a way it cannot be removed?

Tha C-Master
The people Batman beat coul break steal but batman can't...doesnt mean he cant beat him..... this was an example.

Here we go with the "who beat who" argument, yes or no, can he break it?

Avalonofthewind
My sentiments exactly, this thread made me come back. smile

I read it, and I wasn't saying you were a fanboy, but you were making it seem like snake was something spiderman had never faced before or something, but nevermind.

Yes, thats true, but the match isn't who is killing who, its who beats who.

Incapitation, ko', death, and removal of area are ALL loses.

Spiderman used to ko people by flicking them in the face.

I don't understand whats so hard about snake being inferior in every way possible, and that there are no special conditions or plot devices in this match, so spitting out his history as an argument, doesn't make much of a conslusion, I understand you were clearing things up though.

Show me where this is, and this doesn't matter, because what is a plot device?

sigh, I really dont see as how this is of importance, seeing as none of these characters nor conditions meet the match, and that snake uses stealth (not in this match), and plot devices to win.

They AREN'T in this forum.

Spiderman has NEVER beaten ANYONE stronger or faster than him before, or more trained, in fact he's never beaten any one.

Are you going to argue snake winning for fox also?

I don't understand why you are telling me this, there are none of these:

I keep pasting it until some sense comes into you guys, I KNOW that spiderman has plot devices, but he also has them against him.

Foes using civilians: check
Foes teaming up: check
Foes: threatining family: check
Foes fighting him where he can't afford to be seen: check

Cis: he can't kill.

ONly thing in this match is CIS, not pis.

So tell me how he's beating spiderman, cause I don't really see it.

That means snake loses, technically bloodlust is in all the matches, but its the best of their abilities, within character.

Spiderman can still ko him fine, he doesn't need prep.

Snake needs his environment more, HE THRIVES off of it, being a stealth master.

He gets caught, he dies, more often than not.

I undestand that, I didn't think you were a fanboy, but please tell me how and why snake wins besides.

"snake beat xxx, so he beats xxx"

LIst facts, and not intangibles.

I saw nothing but, "DD is a blind man, fox is cool" SNAKE WINS!!!

I applaud you for taking to time to quote everything...as I don't have that type of patience. However...

Cutting and pasting certain statements while ignoring others is a great way to try to win debates. You are repeating yourself over and over and going in circles.

Spidey can win with a punch...great...how many times have I said in that type of match Spidey will win? In a match where both characters are in character in their element, it's evenly matched. Simple as that. Spidey can get hit, so can Snake...great, now that we got that out of the way, their seems to be a fundamental difference in our arguments.

In your version, Snake is totally unprepared and is carrying no weapons so Spidey just up and comes out with his superior speed and knocks him out cold. Great for you and for Spidey.

HOWEVER...

How this fight happens is never stated...is Snake on a mission where spidey gets in the way? Is it in the bush or the city? What is Snakes arsenal? Spideys/Snakes mood? I look for things like that... things that can tip things in anyones favor as the conditions either way. CIS, PIS, or whatever you want to call it Snake does shit that Spidey would get killed doing and Vice Versa. Throwing a few chaff grenades/smoke grenades around would f*ck with spideys head something fierce and Snake without hesitation moves in for the kill slicing petes neck wide open. If an inexperienced Osborn can do it (with no powers of his own I might add) then Snake can as well.

Now let's see.... I'm putting both of these characters in their element, but I'm the fanboy? You can keep cutting and pasting that plot device paragraph all night...but it won't make a difference. Read carefully instead of just running around looking for points to counter and see that i've fairly gone by the rules here. You want Spidey to always win easy? Make a new forum...Snake vs Spidey - Fist fight with no weapons, and I will gladly say spidey wins.

Unless you have something new to say (and not cut and paste) I'm done here.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>