Orion vs. Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The King of All
Power cosmic against the astro-power. One flies on a surfboard, on flies on a glider

Who takes it?

Sentry
Silver Surfer already beat the crap out of him.

The King of All
I usually don't like crossovers, so I just wanted peoples opinions to seal the matter.

roughrider
Silver surfer takes it.

leonidas
i'm not at all convinced ss wins this one. it can certainly be argued that the astro-force (a direct manifestation of the power of the source) supercedes the power cosmic in 'level of power' or 'degrees of separation from the power of god'. the astro-force has healed wounds in the universe, healed orion himself and in general is more versatile than most give it credit for. ss has more versatility, but sheer ferocity, battle skill and perhaps even sheer destructive power may well lie with orion.

that xover was hideous and made orion out to be a little whining sissy. may be the worst characterization i've seen i ANY xover! since it ain't canon, who gives a rat's ass anyway.

i'll play devil's advocate and say orion can take the majority.

Tshern
I don't know too much about Orion, so I won't suggest any results (Well, I've read the crossover...), but still I'd like to defend SS a bit.

First of all, Silver Surfer might have more experience. His true age is still to be revealed and neither does anyone know how long has he been Silver Surfer, so his true experience level is unknown.

Secondly, SS has been fighting some of the best fighters there is, so there's probably nothing new that Orion could fight him with. His enemies include tougher people than Orion, that's something I'm almost sure of.

Due to his extensive experience in fighting villains with a wide array of powers he probably has learnt how to defeat a man who uses a power of cosmic origin. Silver Surfer has not only battled powerful adversaries like Mephisto and Fantastic Four but he has also struggled with several bad guys wielding power cosmic practically similar to his power which is almost identical to that of Orion.

Not to mention that SS could for example augment his powers significantly by sucking energy from a star as he did in Infinity Crusade. If Silver Surfer is able to fight with the best without power augmentation he can take out Orion with augmented powers.

In conclusion one could simply state that SS is more versatile, powerful and arguably more experienced. Hence he would win the majority.

leonidas
i'll agree with the more versatile part. their respective ages are difficult to discern, but where ss is a pacifist at heart, orion is a warrior born, more savage even than thor. orion oftens thinks kill first, ask questions later.

motherbox keeps him apprised of ss's powers and helps his healing. his strength level is arguably ABOVE superman's, or at least very close to supes'. not sure where orion's speed maxes out though. anyone? that may be an area ss has an advantage (maybe a large one?) in.

you're not really saying anything new about ss -- i know he's very powerful, and he's capable of winning this fight. i'm siding with orion however, in a slight majority - 6-7/10.

TheKahn
I'd go with the Surfer

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/2632/darkseidvsgalactus320cm.th.jpg

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/1676/darkseidvsgalactus334kc.th.jpg

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/4616/darkseidvsgalactus374lr.th.jpg

the Darkone
SS wins 8/10

Mider
was that crossver were they met even canon if not then why mention it, anyway orion gives darkseid trouble ss doesnt hold a candle to darkseid the astro force is his own version of the omega force im guessing ss would lose against a full powered orion since he is suppose to be as strong as darkseid and eventually kill him.

leonidas
Originally posted by Mider
was that crossver were they met even canon if not then why mention it, anyway orion gives darkseid trouble ss doesnt hold a candle to darkseid the astro force is his own version of the omega force im guessing ss would lose against a full powered orion since he is suppose to be as strong as darkseid and eventually kill him.

well said mider. especially about the non-canon part . . . the fight might as well have never happened. had simonson wrote it, i can damn sure tell you the fight would have gone down a bit differently . . . yes

TheKahn
I doubt its in canon, and as a cross-over I not sure how much weight should be put into it. I think Orion would give Surfer a good fight, it just that Surfer is so damn versitle.

The Mother Box would help Orion but I believe that his spends most of its energy keeping him calm and I don't see his Astro-Harness' energy attacks being more than SS can handle.

IMO Orion is similar to the Champion as both as extremely strong and highly skilled in fighting (more so than the Surfer), however the Surfer's raw power gives him the edge. Add in Orion's weakness to Radion and I think Surfer takes it about 7/10.

Mider
yeah but the astro force will probably grow to be as powerful as the omega force who knows.

TheKahn
Originally posted by Mider
yeah but the astro force will probably grow to be as powerful as the omega force who knows.

Maybe, it would seem they'd have to if they ever want Orion to take over for Darkseid one day. But as it stands Surfer wins.

Mider
not in my opinion the astro force is still in play he would be able to use it against surfer if its anything like the omega force ss is dead

the Darkone
SS is to versatile for Orion, nothing taking away from Orion. SS is to damn powerful but in the end it will be a great fight. SS 8/10

soleran30
Orion should own sufer with his Motherbox and astro force however I am sure once again SS miniscule cosmic power would save the day.

Mider
not really the astro force should be more powerful and with out the scienctfic crap to stop it, also orion can move as faster as surfer last time i checked or almost as fast he can move at light speed i believe.

the Darkone
Silver Surfer can fly at warp-speed if need to.

soleran30
Yeah great Orion can use the astro force which although another great PIS is a much greater PIS then power cosmic when considering SS has only a fraction (pretty small I am sure) or Galactus cosmic power.

Mider
Astro force has the potential to be as great as the omega force and Darkseid can kick galactus butt in my opinion

RUNMAN
SS wins this one hands down. What's Orion gonna do? shoot him down? unlikely...

Juntai
Orion hasn't yet fully grasped his power or role.. when he does, he'll probably be much greater than Surfer, but until that time, I'd give the majority to the man of silver.

Acrosurge
While crossovers may not be canon, Darkseid vs Galactus was the only book in which Surfer and Orion have ever interacted. Since it is the only depiction, it may not be gospel truth, but still carries significant weight in influencing my opinion.

Aside from that, I see Orion having several weaknesses for Surfer to exploit, including his flying harness. It doesn't seem as though it should be difficult for the Surfer to manipulate it off of Orion, which will remove a significant portion of Orion's combat speed and manueverability.

Also, there is no proof to back up the assumption that the Astro Force is greater than the Power Cosmic. That being the case, the character with more experience controlling their power is the one who would probably prevail in this category. I'm willing to bet Surfer has more experience here.

I see Surfer winning this battle 7/10. This becomes 8-9/10 if he can consistantly disengage Orion's harness.

Accel
I'd give Surfer the majority as well.

Orion's awesome though, definitely one of my favorite DC characters. I wish DC would show him more often.

kgkg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.