What other languages are there in the saga?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DiamondBullets
There is English, obviously, and the Hutt language is actually Incan, so what other real languages do aliens speak in the 6 flicks? (not including the various stereotypical accents we heard in TPM) By the way, did Greedo speak a real tongue?

by bad if this shit's already been done before.

Sir Mist
I dont think many people would care...

Morridini
Why not Mist? It would really be interesting if Greedo was actually talking a real language.

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by Sir Mist
I dont think many people would care...

Prolly not, but just wondering

Sir Mist
Im not trying to bash or flame or say its a worthless thread if thats what your thinking, Im just saying its not really something most people would put effort into researching...

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by DiamondBullets
By the way, did Greedo speak a real tongue?
No. From The Annotated Screenplays:

Paul Hirsch: "Ben Burtt came up with the language for Greedo. But one of the words he had was actually Spanish slang. He didn't know, and so he changed the word. Actually, all the words had to be checked to make sure they were okay."

SS_181st_Snow
Wow, a new thread where someone hasn't asked it before. (no sarcasm either) I dunno, I think that friend of Lando Calrissian spoke a variation of a real language, and he accidently said a sentance of it. I forget his name, I think it was Nien Numb or somethin', the guy in the cockpit of the falcon next to Lando in ROTJ.

Captain REX
Nien Nunb from Lando's ride in the Falcon in ROTJ spoke an African dialect. At one point, he said 'There are one thousand elephants standing on my foot!' I forgot what Lando's reply was, but I don't think it had to do with the same thing.

SixOfTwelve
http://imdb.com/title/tt0086190/trivia
has some info on the languages, including Huttese and Ewokese.

As for other languages:
- lots of unintelligible jabbering by several aliens in the cantina in ANH
- the Jawas
- R2's beeping, if you want to count that
- Gungan, but I refuse to call that travesty of English a proper language
- Wookiee...ese?
- "Vubble, vubble, vubble"; do Tauntauns have a language?
- some brief words Jango exchanges with Boba during Obi's visit
- the weird Geonosian buzz/click noises Poggle the Lesser speaks
- can't remember if the separatists at Dooku's round table discussion were subtitled or not...
- as far as I know, Greedo, Bib Fortuna, Watto, Sebulba, the two-headed podrace commentator, Palpatine's office announcer in AOTC and Zam Wessell all spoke Huttese whenever they were subtitled.

Also, the "elephants" line by Nien Nunb may be a myth. According to several sources, he just says something along the lines of "Hey, you, look over there" or "You guys over there, come over here."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.