what is with this show

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jaden101
its been running for 7 episodes or so in the UK and up until now...absolutely nothing has happened...the last 3 episodes have consisted of jack running through the jungle...the pregnant woman drinking some water...and the oriental guy fighting the black guy over a watch

the only thing of any symbolic importance was the little black and white stones that jack found on the body in the cave next to the water because they are a reference to what the old bald guy was telling the kid in the first episode with the backgammon pieces

he's the key to this programme (the bald guy)...the line "do you want to know a secret" that he says to the kid but we never hear what the secret is...

Red Superfly
I'm really enjoying this show. I really like Lock and Charlie the most (even though I was dissapointed with Charlie's CRAP band last night).

I enjoy watching all the little stories. I keep forgetting there's a bigger plotline going on, because I'm interested in the characters.

However - the show is so unashamedly American. Who the hell talks like these people? Still a good watch though.

MildPossession
I enjoy the flashbacks also, that build up the characters and to get to know the backgrounds of them all, so it keeps me interested till we find out big things in the show, which I heard we don't even in the finale...

It's a silly fun watch on television which is wonderful to look at even if it's a bit of good old nonsense. Great programme to relax your mind to...

Morning_Glory
Originally posted by jaden101
its been running for 7 episodes or so in the UK and up until now...absolutely nothing has happened...the last 3 episodes have consisted of jack running through the jungle...the pregnant woman drinking some water...and the oriental guy fighting the black guy over a watch

the only thing of any symbolic importance was the little black and white stones that jack found on the body in the cave next to the water because they are a reference to what the old bald guy was telling the kid in the first episode with the backgammon pieces

he's the key to this programme (the bald guy)...the line "do you want to know a secret" that he says to the kid but we never hear what the secret is...

if you think NOTHING has happened... then you havent really been watching at all blink

Hit_and_Miss
having.... erm.... aquired all the episodes, your going to get more and more annoyed as it goes along then... season 2 won't even answer most of the questions your going to get....

charmedFairy
Actually if you check on lost-media season 2 is all about answering our questions...

jaden101
Originally posted by Morning_Glory
if you think NOTHING has happened... then you havent really been watching at all blink

the most exciting it got was the guy shooting a polar bear...and a couple of fights...and some dumb woman who we weren't even introduced to drowning

the rest has been looking at the back stories of the characters...which could potentially take up the rest of the series...and the next series too

as jeremy clarkson put it.. jack bauer does more in 24 minutes than has happened in 8 days of lost

charmedFairy
But if you dont get to know the characters and their background, you wont know why they do the things they do and same goes for why they are the way they are, and how they react to certain situations. For example Kate, if you just knew that she was a criminal youd wonder what she did, then why she did it etc. This show is more about the people and the island and how its changing them...

Morning_Glory
the most exciting it got was the guy shooting a polar bear...and a couple of fights...and some dumb woman who we weren't even introduced to drowning

the rest has been looking at the back stories of the characters...which could potentially take up the rest of the series...and the next series too

as jeremy clarkson put it.. jack bauer does more in 24 minutes than has happened in 8 days of lost
obviously you arent really watching it ... cause you wouldnt be referring to the people as "guy" or some "pregnant woman" .. blah

it's obvious you arent really watching it...

it's a very addicting show... and you really havent payed my attention

«§hõnknêss»
If you don't like it stop complaining and trying to cause trouble. yes As the others said if u actually watch it propally you actually find out diffrent things...no expression

rianna_d
this is one of the best shows on tv EVER

nuff said.

jaden101

CrazyInLove
This show is GREAT!!!! You people just need to get into to it. I watched the pilot and I was wanting more and more. You have to get to know the characters or it won't be interesting! You should try sitting down and watched the entire show because there is nothing boring about this show!

Morning_Glory
uh huh

LittleGilraen
ugh.....what is up with you freakin' complainers causing trouble on our beloved lost forum???

what is there to gain from complaining about how the show doesnt interest you?

Morning_Glory
...yep

KillTheLight
it's a tv show your not meant to find out everything that happens all at once..only so many things can happen after all they're stuck on an island with a limited cast..learning about the characters background and where they're from it a key part of the show...you cant really say nothings happened after seeing a certain amount of episodes cause your obviously not watching properly..

Flying High
if you dont like the show...stay out of the forum messed

jaden101
Originally posted by Flying High

if you dont like me criticising the show...stay out of the thread

see...works both ways doesn't it....but seeing as when i reply...you just cant help yourself looking....then this isn't going to end

i dont want to find out everything at once...but i just dont think its neccessary to use 8 episodes to intoduce characters...

unless there is some intertwinning complex plot that means that each character is neccessary then i personally think they should have left out some of the charaters in order to keep the pace up a bit

because as it stands...if one of them was to die in the next episode...o wouldn't really care at all because the flashbacks only scratch the surface of the characters past...and they also take time away from connecting with their current situation so any empathy with the characters is pretty shallow at best

charmedFairy
I agree a bit with the flashbacks, they shouldve put more time into the island and how they are doing on it now, but the point is that every character has a vital role so it was important to get to know them and what they did before the crash..

Flying High
aren't all the characters linked in some ways and appear in tiny parts in others flashbacks and stuff....

(sorry was in a bad mood before stick out tongue )

Hit_and_Miss
I think thats the connection... As all the chars have pointed out.. none of them should of survived.. But they did, most with only a few scratches....

LittleGilraen
aren't all the characters linked in some ways and appear in tiny parts in others flashbacks and stuff....

(sorry was in a bad mood before stick out tongue )
yeah...........i dont know what thats about though...

jaden101
Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
I think thats the connection... As all the chars have pointed out.. none of them should of survived.. But they did,

but did they?...perhaps they are already dead....

charmedFairy
No theyre not, JJ said that a hundred times..

Hit_and_Miss
theres a hundred and one different reasons that could be given.... Just as long as its not one big dream I'll be happy...

choosewisely

he loves and and he knows he does....but hes afraid to admit his love....

must be that.....

or well make him kiss the monsterno expression....

Flying High
Originally posted by choosewisely

must be that.....

yeah....mwah ha ha ha ha laughing

jaden101
Originally posted by choosewisely

must be that.....

scroll back through the thread...you wony find me saying that i dont like it...but you will find me criticising aspects of it...pace and the like

as for kissing a monster....i used to do that every morning with my ex....but i escaped... whistle

Flying High
ha ha...so i guess yous dearted on good terms stick out tongue

jaden101
good terms meaning changing my name and moving to another city...yes...the best of terms

Ushgarak
Personally... and I know it won't suit all sensibilities... but I am glad there is another slow paced show out there. All the recent quality American dramas have done well running at a cracking pace, but some of the greatest drama classics ever made- I Claudius, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, Edge of Darkness etc.- were slow moving to the point where Lost looks like an express train, yet they were still very good.

There can be quality in the gradual, considered build, and I think it is goodf for Lost to look more in that direction thanat 24.

Movie_Geek_
I like the show 24 but the last season seemed a little out there. How many times can a terrorist slip past the best U.S. agents, but you are right.

I like the pace of the show, you get to know the characters better. Plus it make it more suspenseful and keeps the story going.

choosewisely
scroll back through the thread...you wony find me saying that i dont like it...but you will find me criticising aspects of it...pace and the like

as for kissing a monster....i used to do that every morning with my ex....but i escaped... whistle

i read every word from page 1....and i still cant believe it...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.