Age of Empires III DEMO

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fire
it's here, I played one game so far, looks pretty neat, tho it was very easy (on easy) graphics don't come close to the screenshots tho, even with everything on high.

Still it looks very nice

OH PS you can download it here: Demo

SaTsuJiN
eeek~.. ty for demo link.. *runs to DL it* >_> !!!

Fire
no problem

tell me what you think SaTsuJin. I think it looks pretty neat, tho the skirmish map is TOO SMALL!!! and on easy it is TOO EASY!!

btw give me the details on what you think of it graphics-wise along with the settings you use.

Smasandian
Graphics are pretty killer.

Well, remember, its still a demo. So it might still get worked on.

The graphics are awesome, but I miss some of the more tradition RTS things. Like, an alarm system that tells you that a unit was produced or that somebodys runs out of gold or an idle servent button, when somebody doesnt do something. Especially if something gets built.

I miss those.

I really like how they did the producing the units. When you queau one up, it produces all the units at the same time.

Fire
there is an idle villager button. it appears in the top left of the screen.

The alarm when something a resource runs dry is indeed something I miss, same as when a unit is produced, but the demo is only 370mb so it ain't finished by a long shot.

Wolf Dog
I could of sworn it was supposed to have a better physics engine. WTF?

Fire
let's wait till the real game comes out.

JKozzy
Yeah; they could've just revamped the engine from AOE2 for the demo; I wouldn't expect them to rush for a demo to be perfect.

Fire
true but they claim the game engine and shit are finished

it's coming out in a month so....

Fire
played a new game on moderate this time, still won relatively easy (tried the Texas map this time, still TOO SMALL, I like huge maps even if it's only two VS two)

Deck building is a lot of fun, it adds a nice bit of spice to the game.

Looks sweet so far, I'm still wondering about a few things. But I'm gonna buy this game, I know that much already.

BackFire
omg I love you fire.

Fire
aah well I been waiting for this game for months! I check that webby every day

stunna1773
the trailor looks cool

BackFire
I wasn't that impressed with the demo, pretty generic graphics, and gameplay more or less the same as the previous games.

It's fun, but nothing way out there

stunna1773
so they have guns this time yes that kicks ass

SaTsuJiN
mm... I really enjoy the familiarity mixed with the newness.. the units were a little confusing at first (the explorer unit, and the caravan unit), and I find that the pace of the game moves much faster than AoE2 (enemies tried to kill me after 3 minutes, as opposed to the regular 20).. but I guess we can attribute that to the very tiny skirmish maps

the maps themselves were very pretty, lush forests and waters jumping with marine life.. and being a demo I would only expect them to get better..

although the 'card' system seems a bit wierd.. I enjoy recieving shipments from the home city via 'exp'... in a sortof CnC : Generals fashion

crazy_shadow
isnt that the game i saw in the store last month or am i thinking of lords of the realms 3 roll eyes (sarcastic)

Fire
You are prolly thinking of a different game since this one still has to come out.

The card system will take some getting used to I assume. But I already knew how it was going to work before I downloaded the game so...

I think it's going to be a worthy successor to AoEII

Maybe if they have a lot better graphics in the real game it will be another milestone game, but doesn't look like that so far.

The idea of buildings crumbling when they are fired upon with artillery is cool tho.

SaTsuJiN
http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2005/20050909l.jpg

big grin

and some info about home cities here :

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/age-of-empires-iii/645630p1.html

Fire
btw who has which level of city already (I'm at level 9 ATM) too bad exams only allow me 1 to 2 games a day (let's wait till after EXAMS 5 games a day)

BackFire
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2005/20050909l.jpg

big grin

and some info about home cities here :

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/age-of-empires-iii/645630p1.html

haha

Neo_Version 7
Good stuff. laughing out loud

SaTsuJiN
I named my city bumtopia wink (its level 9)

Fire
lol, nice I just took a name, those cards you get to start with are ****ing crappy

Smasandian
Well, you must love it then. haha.

I was never a big fan of the MS RTS's.
AofE11 was great, but nothing beats Starcraft.

It was less complicated in the sense that the strengths of the each individual race was intuitive (aka, this unit or power beats this unit), instead of AofE system of where this race has 25% more gatheing power and during multplay matches its hard to figure out each races weaknesses of the top of your head without looking at the huge glossy page they give you. Also, I dont like how it civilization are almost identical in terms of strategy. In starcraft, all three races were totally different.
To me nothing beats Starcraft.

robotfighter
Seems like a decent enough demo, I noticed the physics aren't as good as in the previews I've read, but maybe they'll be tweaked for the final verison. I'm not a huge AOE'er, I'm more interested in the next Rise of Nations, hope they launch a demo soon.

Maverick2364
I liked the demo, although I've found the AI to be somewhat unchallenging and the ships to be really REALLY cheap. I went on the New England map under moderate, built a dock in the small lake by your starting base, and spammed 2 monitors and 2 frigates to cripple their base. That monitor ability for instant killing long ranged buildings is insane.

I love the detail how people throw fire to burn buildings, and how artillery blows pieces of builidings away. The card system is a little unorthodox but I've gotten used to it and it's fairly useful.

Now if only the demo wouldn't crash my computer every time i close it (or start a tutorial, the melees work fine though).

Clovie
Originally posted by Fire
it's here, I played one game so far, looks pretty neat, tho it was very easy (on easy) graphics don't come close to the screenshots tho, even with everything on high.

Still it looks very nice

OH PS you can download it here: Demo okay...

i've clicked that page. and i have no idea where do get demo from cry

MetallicaT
Originally posted by Clovie
okay...

i've clicked that page. and i have no idea where do get demo from cry

http://download.microsoft.com/download/d/7/3/d7348fe3-d498-4e13-96c6-3da92e8f0c62/aoe3trial.exe

wink

Clovie
thanks embarrasment

dling.............

Clovie
it broke down. weep

Fire
found some good modifications, will post them when I get back.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.