Superman and Darkseid VS. Silver Surfer and Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheKahn
The fight takes place on Earth or near Earth orbit, no sundipping and no draining the other guys powers. The current versions of the characters are used, a K.O. can count as a win, and both sides are out for blood.

armandovalles
SS and Thanos win. SS has cosmic awareness which would inform him on Superman's weakness to Kryptonite Radiation and SS is the master of radiation so he would just blast him with some and Thanos is currently superior to Darkseid.

Wickerman
Originally posted by armandovalles
SS and Thanos win. SS has cosmic awareness which would inform him on Superman's weakness to Kryptonite Radiation and SS is the master of radiation so he would just blast him with some and Thanos is currently superior to Darkseid.

Pretty much. Superman's gonna find himself engulfed in kryptonite.....Speed blitzing's most likely not going to help too much seeing as SS can do that as well.

Assuming something incredibly strange happened I'd say on the physical range Thanos can hold up against Superman. he took a beating from Thor (Who IMO is on par with Superman in Strength and durability) when Thor's strength was muchly enhanced by the power gem and still wouldn't go down. And that was without using his force fields.

As for Darkseid....didn't SS beat him and then turned his back on DS and DS blasted him with the Omega beams from behind in a cross-over or am i imagining that? Oh well....either way...

I'd say Marvel wins in this case.

~wickerman~

Juntai
Originally posted by Wickerman
Pretty much. Superman's gonna find himself engulfed in kryptonite.....Speed blitzing's most likely not going to help too much seeing as SS can do that as well.

Assuming something incredibly strange happened I'd say on the physical range Thanos can hold up against Superman. he took a beating from Thor (Who IMO is on par with Superman in Strength and durability) when Thor's strength was muchly enhanced by the power gem and still wouldn't go down. And that was without using his force fields.

As for Darkseid....didn't SS beat him and then turned his back on DS and DS blasted him with the Omega beams from behind in a cross-over or am i imagining that? Oh well....either way...

I'd say Marvel wins in this case.

~wickerman~ No took a blow from Galactus, then got up and downed Surfer in one shot, then in another DC vs Marvel comic he was smacking around Thor, Silver Surfer Thanos and a few others.

Omega beams, omega beams.
Simple.

Avalonofthewind
DS could simply teleport them away with his Omega beams into something or to the other end of the universe.

golem370
Thaons can teleport to

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by golem370
Thaons can teleport to

He needs tech... or its not easy for him... example:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/thanosfloat.jpg

Wickerman
Originally posted by Juntai
No took a blow from Galactus, then got up and downed Surfer in one shot, then in another DC vs Marvel comic he was smacking around Thor, Silver Surfer Thanos and a few others.

Omega beams, omega beams.
Simple.

Are you sure SS didn't battle him in that cross-over??? Hmmm....very very strange. I also recall Thanos whooping on DC @ss screaming "Where's Darkseid hiding??" like a maniac....although as i recall that cross-over was crap among crap.

~wickerman~

Juntai
Are you sure SS didn't battle him in that cross-over??? Hmmm....very very strange. I also recall Thanos whooping on DC @ss screaming "Where's Darkseid hiding??" like a maniac....although as i recall that cross-over was crap among crap.

~wickerman~ Actually, he was screaming that while getting beat up by Wonderwoman.

Avalonofthewind

~wickerman~

I have both. Darkseid fared better than SS and Thanos in both.

Juntai is correct... Galactus blasted the hell out of DS who them comes back and takes out SS in one blast. Surfer was jobbing Orion the whole time.

kevdude
It could go either way, if Superman moved fast enough and kept them both busy Darkseid could hit them with his Omega Beams and erase them from the Source, but then again its Silver Surfer and Thano could win if they work together.

I would give it to Silver Surfer and Thanos in the first 5 mins anything after that its anyones ballgame big grin

Wickerman
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
I have both. Darkseid fared better than SS and Thanos in both.

Juntai is correct... Galactus blasted the hell out of DS who them comes back and takes out SS in one blast. Surfer was jobbing Orion the whole time.

As i recall DS blasted SS in the back....hmmm.....

Juntai, i lost my scans of the entire cross-overs in a HDD incident (working on a crappy 20GB spare now sad ). I have these, which might be biased. So if you have any scans of WW beating on Thanos...show 'em please....cause i simply don't remember it...seriously.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/preacherofnothing/others/lobo10uf.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/preacherofnothing/others/lobo26iu.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/preacherofnothing/others/lobo36ew.jpg

EDIT: cause if you mean beating on him while he's also being attacked by GL and CM, after having manhandled them, her and Thor....then i suppose you're right laughing out loud

~wickerman~

Juntai
Dont forget Heat Vision is equal to Omega beams minus the versatility and omnidirectional capabilities. Current Superman may be able to down either of them in one shot as well.

roughrider
Superman's Heat Vision might as well be christmas lights against The Silver Surfer; and super-breath won't work in space instead.
Sliver Surfer and the diabolicol Thanos take this.

Wickerman
Dont forget Heat Vision is equal to Omega beams minus the versatility and omnidirectional capabilities. Current Superman may be able to down either of them in one shot as well.

I wouldn't say it's equal to the Omega Beams, because they don't have the same purpose. However.....Superman can DEFLECT the omega beams using heat vision. That means nothing though, as they don't have the same attributes.

~wickerman~

jgiant
Thanos is too smart and tactical, sups has a weakness and darkside recently has pussed out surfur might have been taken out by darkside but once sups is dead from an overdose of kryptonite thanos and sufer would go to town on darkside, and even if ss is down from the omega beams thanos can take darkside, soo thanos and ss take this...

newjak86
I miss win the devil prayed to Darkseid he was the man now Thanos is what DS used to be though on a smaller level if you ask me(Thanos isn't there yet.
Surfer and Thanos take it.
Surfer can make Supes's weakness and Thanos and Darksied well read above statement.

guy222
thanos/norrin

Inhuman
Some funny replies from 2+ years ago smile

Surfer & Thanos take Majority.

ultimatethor
Surfer and thanos take this easy. Superman is out of the fight in the first five seconds. Then surfer and thanos double team on DS and beat the crap out of him. Superman oneshotting surfer is as ridiculous as darkseid one shotting a full powered galactus. Darkseid also is not teleporting anybody anywhere as both surfer and thanos can teleport ( surfer can also teleport people back in time forward on time in a distant unknown galaxy i.e another way to eliminate superman) Surfer and thanos win 8/10. The two times they might lose are the times when Surfer intead of finishing off superman persists in lecturing him about the power cosmic giving superman enough time to mount some sort of offence which may or may not be effective

Sin I AM
best answer so far....SS and Thanos got this

Astner
Darkseid nails all three of them with relative ease.

ultimatethor
The surfer has got supermans team outclassed in speed versatility. Basically this is a two on one match as supes is so much of a non factor.
The surfer speed blitzez darkseid while thanos blasts him eventualy DS goes down

Juntai
Originally posted by ultimatethor
The surfer has got supermans team outclassed in speed versatility. Basically this is a two on one match as supes is so much of a non factor.
The surfer speed blitzez darkseid while thanos blasts him eventualy DS goes down laughing

ultimatethor
laughing

Now here is something to laugh about; A person laughing at his own foolishness. roll eyes (sarcastic)

TricksterPriest
*sigh* I said it before, I'll say it again.

This forum is going to hell. Ever since the mongooses got shut down again and durquanchi showed up, this place has been going downhill.

The fact that people think Thanos&SS win this is proof of the immense marvel bias here. thumb down

Hazsekswthurmom
Originally posted by TricksterPriest

This forum is going to hell. Ever since the mongooses got shut down again and durquanchi showed up, this place has been going downhill.

The fact that people think Thanos&SS win this is proof of the immense marvel bias here. thumb down Co-sign. sad

quanchi112

The fact that people think Thanos&SS win this is proof of the immense marvel bias here. thumb down So you are saying because people have an opinion conflicting with yours that this forum is going downhill. erm

For one the Silver Surfer would literally own Superman. For two Thanos doesnt lose to top tiers while Darkseid does. So anyway you look at it Thanos and the Surfer are taking this home. They win it 10 of 10.

tdawg14

The fact that people think Thanos&SS win this is proof of the immense marvel bias here. thumb down

Just cause you say so, right? This is how it goes:

SS>Supes
Thanos>Darkseid

the end

The Great Galen
Norman Supes would lose to SS, however it would be a close fight and SS wouldn't be at full power afterwards. DS is in another leauge then Thanos so after absorbing Thanos power into himself DS proceeds to kill Thanos and oneshot SS.

guy222
I see it like this

Norrin beats Supes

Thanos beats DS

Erik-Lensherr
Superman > Silver Surfer

Darkseid > Thanos

horrorwolf
SS and Thanos take this every time.

LORD B
team 2

The Great Galen
LMAO, wow u guys r funny. DS oneshotts Sufer like Odin, then DS drains Thanos of his power and supes moves in for the kill. Team 1 10/10

quanchi112
Originally posted by Erik-Lensherr
Superman > Silver Surfer

Darkseid > Thanos Incorrect on both accounts. The Surfer would hammer Superman and being able to assess his crippling weaknesses immediately. Darkseid doesnt have the durability to hang with Thanos.

Erik-Lensherr
Originally posted by quanchi112
Incorrect on both accounts. The Surfer would hammer Superman and being able to assess his crippling weaknesses immediately. Darkseid doesnt have the durability to hang with Thanos.

No, not incorrect.

Surfer hammering Superman ? Not going to happen. He doesn't have the necessary fighting speed and reflex to be able to keep up with Superman.

As for Darkseid getting beaten by Thanos, I'm not really going to discuss this with you since you are biased. erm

quanchi112
No, not incorrect.

Surfer hammering Superman ? Not going to happen. He doesn't have the necessary fighting speed and reflex to be able to keep up with Superman.

As for Darkseid getting beaten by Thanos, I'm not really going to discuss this with you since you are biased. erm I could say the same about you as well but then again just saying that someone is biased isnt really a point now is it?

Surfer could pump him full of red solar energy or reproduce k-nite. I mean the Surfer is the perfect character to rape a Kryptnonian.

Darkseid has to many low showings to ignore. Thanos durability far exceeds Darkseid's. Even you have to admit that.

LORD B
Originally posted by The Great Galen
LMAO, wow u guys r funny. DS oneshotts Sufer like Odin, then DS drains Thanos of his power and supes moves in for the kill. Team 1 10/10
when has any one being able to drain thanos of his power.
thanos mindrapes supes easily.
ds couldnt one shot the batman let alone surfer.surfer has enough in his locker for him to stall ds until thanos is finished with supes.

Erik-Lensherr
As a matter of fact, it does matter.

Even if I would show that Darkseid > Thanos, your love for the character wouldn't make you admit it.

Thus, I don't want to debate this with you since it's useless.

Surfer isn't fast enough to do something like that.

And you seem to be under the impression that red solar energy and the like puts Superman down rather easy. I could show you him being blasted with red sun energy while fighting a red sun eater and still keep going.

I could also show you him fighting a character who practically became the unified field theory and was able to affect all the four fundamental forces of the Universe trying to extract the solar energy out of him and he still managed to beat her.

Hazsekswthurmom
Originally posted by LORD B
when has any one being able to drain thanos of his power.
thanos mindrapes supes easily.
ds couldnt one shot the batman let alone surfer.surfer has enough in his locker for him to stall ds until thanos is finished with supes. Lulz at using that as proof.

quanchi112
As a matter of fact, it does matter.

Even if I would show that Darkseid > Thanos, your love for the character wouldn't make you admit it.

Thus, I don't want to debate this with you since it's useless.

Surfer isn't fast enough to do something like that.

And you seem to be under the impression that red solar energy and the like puts Superman down rather easy. I could show you him being blasted with red sun energy while fighting a red sun eater and still keep going.

I could also show you him fighting a character who practically became the unified field theory and was able to affect all the four fundamental forces of the Universe trying to extract the solar energy out of him and he still managed to beat her. The point is that it is still a crippling weakness for him along with k-nite. The Surfers power cosmic is also greater than Kal-el's krptonians' powers.

I do love Thanos but I firmly believe he does beat Darkseid, and I think most of the forum would now agree with me.

Erik-Lensherr
A weakness ? Yes.

A weakness that Silver Surfer will move fast enough to exploit ? No.

And I already explained that it's not as big of a weakness as most people think.

Greater as in versatility ? Sure.

As in helping him win this fight ? Not really.

Even if more people think nowdays that Thanos beats Darkseid, it's due to the permanent blabbering of how 'pathetic' he is and how many 'low showings' he has nowdays.

When in fact, with a few exceptions, every 'low showing' occured in special circumstances.

LORD B
Originally posted by Hazsekswthurmom
Lulz at using that as proof.

oh why,wasnt that pre crisis darkseid

The Great Galen
On a physcial front, Surfer and Supes r equals. I still believe that because of K-nite surfer would get the win but it would be after a long and exhausting battle. DS on the other hand CAN oneshot the sufer and absorb Thanos of his powers...or simply destroy him with the omega beams. Either way frist team wins.

Hazsekswthurmom
oh why,wasnt that pre crisis darkseid No and I found that funny because that's not even how Darkseid is portrayed in most of his stories. Plus Batman has been oneshotted by Ds, every time he tried to step up to him. Plus Superman only has two clean wins against Darkseid. Plus Ds has dominated top tiers who could probally take a majority against Superman. Pretty much what I'm trying to say, is that your greatly underestimating Darkseid.erm Btw, how does Thanos not being drained by someone, proves he can't by effected that way? You know that could work against your agrument....just saying.

Inhuman
Thanos being drained by DS is like saying DS would get mind raped or turned to stone by thanos

Hazsekswthurmom
Originally posted by Inhuman
Thanos being drained by DS is like saying DS would get mind raped or turned to stone by thanos Of course it is, it's not like Darkseid has shown immunity to powerful telepaths, or has been shown to use reality warp, that completely shits on any matter manipulator.....

TricksterPriest
Thanos being drained by DS is like saying DS would get mind raped or turned to stone by thanos

Not really. considering that DS has drained the powers from beings far stronger than Thanos and is well known as a pantheon-buster, it's not that crazy at all.

2nd, it's much more likely that DS would mindrape Thanos or turn him into stone. wink Anyone remember Validus? evil face

LORD B
Of course it is, it's not like Darkseid has shown immunity to powerful telepaths, or has been shown to use reality warp, that completely shits on any matter manipulator.....

thanos is immune to reality warping.

The Great Galen
Surfer is weak to mind attacks and its very well possible DS absorbs Surfers comic powers along with Thanos thus ehancing his own power. Either way team 1 wins.

TricksterPriest
thanos is immune to reality warping.

BULLSHIT. He's resistant, he's certainly not immune. thumb down

LORD B
Not really. considering that DS has drained the powers from beings far stronger than Thanos and is well known as a pantheon-buster, it's not that crazy at all.

2nd, it's much more likely that DS would mindrape Thanos or turn him into stone. wink Anyone remember Validus? evil face

moondragon with the mind gem couldnt mind rape thanos i doubt ds could.

quanchi112
A weakness ? Yes.

A weakness that Silver Surfer will move fast enough to exploit ? No.

And I already explained that it's not as big of a weakness as most people think.

Greater as in versatility ? Sure.

As in helping him win this fight ? Not really.

Even if more people think nowdays that Thanos beats Darkseid, it's due to the permanent blabbering of how 'pathetic' he is and how many 'low showings' he has nowdays.

When in fact, with a few exceptions, every 'low showing' occured in special circumstances. I think its funny as some on here claim the Surfer cant deal with speed. He can and would crush Superman. An overwhelming majority gives Surfer the win over Supes anyways. And to think Supes could just beat him down in moments is ignorant to say the very least. Supes hasnt shown any superiority against Orion. The fight seemed pretty even to me and again it supports my claim that this fight wouldnt end in moments like you think.

I think its funny that you dont see the power cosmic as dangerous when up against a Kryptonian.

Well again Ds does have some rather embarrassing showings as of late so why cant they be brought up. Darkseid regained his powers and looked horrible in the Superman/Batman comic.

Inhuman
Surfer, thanos take majority. imo

Thanos has 2 new heralds 131

quanchi112
BULLSHIT. He's resistant, he's certainly not immune. thumb down Thanos always remains true to himself. You saw the scan.

The Great Galen
That still wont prevent DS from absorbing his power, DS operates on another level compared to Thanos. Just picture Thanos as Gladiator to DS's Superman.

LORD B
BULLSHIT. He's resistant, he's certainly not immune. thumb down

so your saying darkseids reality warping powers are greater than what thanos experienced when just into the nexus of reality?

quanchi112

2nd, it's much more likely that DS would mindrape Thanos or turn him into stone. wink Anyone remember Validus? evil face I cant believe you would even think Ds could mindrape Thanos. Absurd to say the least. You talk of Darkseid busting up pantheons but show me some scans. Make a believer out of me. I have seen on panel a top tier making him beg for quarter.

quanchi112
No and I found that funny because that's not even how Darkseid is portrayed in most of his stories. Plus Batman has been oneshotted by Ds, every time he tried to step up to him. Plus Superman only has two clean wins against Darkseid. Plus Ds has dominated top tiers who could probally take a majority against Superman. Pretty much what I'm trying to say, is that your greatly underestimating Darkseid.erm Btw, how does Thanos not being drained by someone, proves he can't by effected that way? You know that could work against your agrument....just saying. Name me all the beings that Darkseid has drained of their powers on panel.

Inhuman
Thanos almost mind raped Galactus. smile

Hazsekswthurmom
thanos is immune to reality warping. Other than that scan of him traveling through that dimension thingy and withstanding it's effects, there's nothing to prove that Thanos can resist Ds's reality warp. And the fact that Darkseid can reality warp, fly, teleport, and etc, should prove that he is more powerful than the Mad Titan, don't you think?

TricksterPriest
I think its funny as some on here claim the Surfer cant deal with speed. He can and would crush Superman. An overwhelming majority gives Surfer the win over Supes anyways. And to think Supes could just beat him down in moments is ignorant to say the very least. Supes hasnt shown any superiority against Orion. The fight seemed pretty even to me and again it supports my claim that this fight wouldnt end in moments like you think.

I think its funny that you dont see the power cosmic as dangerous when up against a Kryptonian.

Well again Ds does have some rather embarrassing showings as of late so why cant they be brought up. Darkseid regained his powers and looked horrible in the Superman/Batman comic.

Orion is a bad example, considering that he usually matches up physically against Superman evenly without using the AF to amp, something Surfer could never do.

They give Surfer the win due to exploiting Superman's weaknesses, nobody's crazy enough to think Surfer can win a slugfest or by just blasting.

PC is good, but regrettably, it's vastly overrated on this forum, as is 'cosmic awareness' roll eyes (sarcastic) .

I also find it very interesting that you constantly use S/B as your examples to bash DS. It's funny, because EVERYONE except Superman&Batman looks terrible in that book. laughing out loud Anyone who shows up in that book who isn't named Superman or Batman gets screwed over. Despero got one-shotted, DS got screwed twice, Brainiac got beat by the metal men, Supes beat down 20 supervillains during one issue.

So if you want to use a PIS crap writing throw-away book like S/B, be my guest. but it does not do you any credit that it seems to be the ONLY piece of evidence you cite.

Inhuman
So why would surfer get into slugfest with superman? He has alot of other ways to beat him.

Hazsekswthurmom
Name me all the beings that Darkseid has drained of their powers on panel. Apokolips in foundations, the pantheons, Mordru, the Controller, and etc. He also empowered Mantis whom is a powerful energy drainer. And don't you dare give me that lame ass Gds is non canon argument. I don't like to recap bullshit like that.

quanchi112
Apokolips in foundations, the pantheons, Mordru, the Controller, and etc. He also empowered Mantis whom is a powerful energy drainer. And don't you dare give me that lame ass Gds is non canon argument. I don't like to recap bullshit like that. I know you were going to bring up Gds but as we all know it isnt canon to Ds. Its a futuristic story.

TricksterPriest
Actually, Foundations proves you wrong. The GDS feats are indirectly applicable. BECAUSE HE BEAT GDS DARKSEID. Everything GDS Darkseid did, was done in a weakened state. Even after draining Mordru and a controller, he still wasn't at full power. Hell, GDS 'seid and Young Darkseid were both soloing the LSH.

Hazsekswthurmom
I know you were going to bring up Gds but as we all know it isnt canon to Ds. Its a futuristic story. Blah, blah, not canon. Same character and weaker aswell. You can keep on believing that, not matter how much it negates logic.

quanchi112
Orion is a bad example, considering that he usually matches up physically against Superman evenly without using the AF to amp, something Surfer could never do.

They give Surfer the win due to exploiting Superman's weaknesses, nobody's crazy enough to think Surfer can win a slugfest or by just blasting.

PC is good, but regrettably, it's vastly overrated on this forum, as is 'cosmic awareness' roll eyes (sarcastic) .

I also find it very interesting that you constantly use S/B as your examples to bash DS. It's funny, because EVERYONE except Superman&Batman looks terrible in that book. laughing out loud Anyone who shows up in that book who isn't named Superman or Batman gets screwed over. Despero got one-shotted, DS got screwed twice, Brainiac got beat by the metal men, Supes beat down 20 supervillains during one issue.

So if you want to use a PIS crap writing throw-away book like S/B, be my guest. but it does not do you any credit that it seems to be the ONLY piece of evidence you cite. Power cosmic isnt overrated but the astro force sure the hell is imo. Power cosmic exploits Supes weaknesses and that you cant deny.

Superman and Batman is canon to dc so you must deal with it. Just because you dont like something and have no valid reason why its not canon just accept it. Be mad at the writers not at me for bringing it up. wink

Hazsekswthurmom
Actually, Foundations proves you wrong. The GDS feats are indirectly applicable. BECAUSE HE BEAT GDS DARKSEID. Everything GDS Darkseid did, was done in a weakened state. Even after draining Mordru and a controller, he still wasn't at full power. Hell, GDS 'seid and Young Darkseid were both soloing the LSH. Watch him say Darkseid looked bad in foundations. laughing

quanchi112
Blah, blah, not canon. Same character and weaker aswell. You can keep on believing that, not matter how much it negates logic. Nah it isnt. Digimark ruled it to not be canon. Darkseid has never replicated the vast mind control he had since that story. Its not canon and logic agrees with me.

TricksterPriest
You know what. Prove it. Prove to me, that S/B is canon. I guarantee you can't find a single reference to anything in it outside the book itself. And while you're at it, prove to me WHEN it occured. Because the timeline makes no sense and it's not referenced anywhere.

LORD B
Other than that scan of him traveling through that dimension thingy and withstanding it's effects, there's nothing to prove that Thanos can resist Ds's reality warp. And the fact that Darkseid can reality warp, fly, teleport, and etc, should prove that he is more powerful than the Mad Titan, don't you think?

id say withstanding the effects of the nexus is a pretty big deal considering its point were all realitys meet.

as for darksied being able to fly,what good is that gonna do when thanos can levatate himself off the ground anyway.also thanos is able to teleport.other than the omega effect which imo thanos could withstand or absorb ds has no other chance of winning.

Hazsekswthurmom
Power cosmic isnt overrated but the astro force sure the hell is imo. Power cosmic exploits Supes weaknesses and that you cant deny.

Superman and Batman is canon to dc so you must deal with it. Just because you dont like something and have no valid reason why its not canon just accept it. Be mad at the writers not at me for bringing it up. wink Good god, there's so much hypocrisy in this post. For example, you using the it's canon excuse, when your always trying to debunk that Squirrel girl incident.

quanchi112
Actually, Foundations proves you wrong. The GDS feats are indirectly applicable. BECAUSE HE BEAT GDS DARKSEID. Everything GDS Darkseid did, was done in a weakened state. Even after draining Mordru and a controller, he still wasn't at full power. Hell, GDS 'seid and Young Darkseid were both soloing the LSH. In foundations he hadnt absorbed Mordru's powers. He came back and got trounced by his younger self before he could amp his powers.

The two Seids had help or did you forget Superman,Orion,Lobo,etc. helping them. One Seid even used the Losh against the other Seid. Did you read it?

quanchi112
Good god, there's so much hypocrisy in this post. For example, you using the it's canon excuse, when your always trying to debunk that Squirrel girl incident. We arent talking about Thanos and that isnt canon to his character.

Hazsekswthurmom
id say withstanding the effects of the nexus is a pretty big deal considering its point were all reality meet.
as for darksied being able to fly,what good is that gonna do when thanos can levatate himself off the ground anyway.also thanos is able to teleport.other than the omega effect which imo thanos could with stand or absorb ds has no other chance of winning. Thanos can't teleport without tech from my understanding. Also levititating<<<<<<<<flying to the Source wall in minutes.

The Great Galen
From what i know, mindraping or draining Thanos is not out of the realm fo possiblity for DS. If anything its statment that remains true to DS powerset, DS under his own power is what what Thanos would be with the powergem. Team 2 doesnt have a shot.

quanchi112
Thanos can't teleport without tech from my understanding. Also levititating<<<<<<<<flying to the Source wall in minutes. I thought you followed my debate with desaad and in it I provided a scan of Thanos teleporting without tech.

quanchi112
You know what. Prove it. Prove to me, that S/B is canon. I guarantee you can't find a single reference to anything in it outside the book itself. And while you're at it, prove to me WHEN it occured. Because the timeline makes no sense and it's not referenced anywhere. This book is canon to dc. Its a good read to boot. Great art and great stories. It backs itself up. smile

Hazsekswthurmom
In foundations he hadnt absorbed Mordru's powers. He came back and got trounced by his younger self before he could amp his powers.

The two Seids had help or did you forget Superman,Orion,Lobo,etc. helping them. One Seid even used the Losh against the other Seid. Did you read it? Lol my point proven. I love how you fail to mention how Ds held his own against all of those top tiers and that the group with Superboy needed to unite in order to push Darkseid through a boomtube.

quanchi112
Lol my point proven. I love how you fail to mention how Ds held his own against all of those top tiers and that the group with Superboy needed to unite in order to push Darkseid through a boomtube. The pushed Darkseid through because they didnt want to hurt him. They easily bfr'd him. The other Darkseid stole his boys powers and was knocked out for 1000 years, by puberty Superman.

Hazsekswthurmom
I thought you followed my debate with desaad and in it I provided a scan of Thanos teleporting without tech. It's been a while, can you direct me to the instance?

Inhuman
From what i know, mindraping or draining Thanos is not out of the realm fo possiblity for DS. If anything its statment that remains true to DS powerset, DS under his own power is what what Thanos would be with the powergem. Team 2 doesnt have a shot.

I forgot that DS was an abstract for second. embarrasment

Hazsekswthurmom
The pushed Darkseid through because they didnt want to hurt him. They easily bfr'd him. The other Darkseid stole his boys powers and was knocked out for 1000 years, by puberty Superman. Misinterpretated garbage. Where did it say that they weren't trying to hurt him? And it was pretty obvious that the old Darkseid exhausted because he was weakening FROM THE BEGINNING OF THE STORY. Hence why he needed young Darkseid. smile

King_Mungi
This book is canon to dc. Its a good read to boot. Great art and great stories. It backs itself up. smile

GLA is cannon to Marvel. erm

LORD B
Thanos can't teleport without tech from my understanding. Also levititating<<<<<<<<flying to the Source wall in minutes.

so its a flying race now then,or is gonna fly round him all day then

quanchi112
Misinterpretated garbage. Where did it say that they weren't trying to hurt him? And it was pretty obvious that the old Darkseid exhausted because he was weakening FROM THE BEGINNING OF THE STORY. Hence why he needed young Darkseid. smile Old Ds was a plie of poo hence he needed young Ds. They both were defeated.

The Losh wanted him back to his time and thats where he ended up while no one was injured.

quanchi112
Originally posted by King_Mungi
GLA is cannon to Marvel. erm Well it goes against his character. Anyways this isnt about Thanos.

LORD B
I forgot that DS was an abstract for second. embarrasment
thanos can not be mind raped

King_Mungi
Well it goes against his character. Anyways this isnt about Thanos.

and many of Darkseid showings go against his character, but you don't seem to mind erm

quanchi112
It's been a while, can you direct me to the instance? The one where he was separated from Warlock battling 25,000 religious zealots and then he teleported back to them.

quanchi112
and many of Darkseid showings go against his character, but you don't seem to mind erm Name them.

King_Mungi
Name them.

The Batman kick for one, you have been going off on that for months now erm

Also talked about DS tripping on the stairs, but ignored the context of it erm

quanchi112
The Batman kick for one, you have been going off on that for months now erm

Also talked about DS tripping on the stairs, but ignored the context of it erm He fell down the steps because he was powerless. Batman was amped when he made Darkseid bleed. And how is any of this Darkseid acting out of character. Its funny how yo compare the two when one had a plot while one didnt. The sg comic had no plot concerning Thanos and he was defeated off panel for two. smile

The Great Galen
That's wat Thanos fanboys do, in spite of DS obviouse superiority some trolls attempt to detur DS power by surfacing low showings in hopes it will downplay DS character. I mean I can play that same game too but saying Thanos defeat at the hands of Drax was worst then any loss DS has ever had.

King_Mungi
He fell down the steps because he was powerless. Batman was amped when he made Darkseid bleed. And how is any of this Darkseid acting out of character. Its funny how yo compare the two when one had a plot while one didnt. The sg comic had no plot concerning Thanos and he was defeated off panel for two. smile

and yet you keep bringing up those two events over and over again and not addressing the context. Also Batman was amped? Hell last time Batman was amped when he fought DS, DS literally destroyed him. erm

So basically any character who isn't the focal point of the plot and loses in a comic makes it non-canon? Seriously just stop.

quanchi112
and yet you keep bringing up those two events over and over again and not addressing the context. Also Batman was amped? Hell last time Batman was amped when he fought DS, DS literally destroyed him. erm

So basically any character who isn't the focal point of the plot and loses in a comic makes it non-canon? Seriously just stop. Huh well first off I have been leaving out content. Thanos as a character has evolved from the guy who wanted to destroy the universe and wasnt about that anymore. Post ig the only Thanos apperances where he was out to do this later turned out to be clones. So you see if you would actually read the sg comic you would know it isnt how Thanos acts anymore. Throw in Thanos just showing up and losing off panel and what do you have. It doesnt add up.

But lets just say we count it and Ill humor you sg doesnt have any losses so is it really a low showing.

Oh and with regards to the Batman ampes they were two different amps so thus they amped him differently.

King_Mungi
Huh well first off I have been leaving out content. Thanos as a character has evolved from the guy who wanted to destroy the universe and wasnt about that anymore. Post ig the only Thanos apperances where he was out to do this later turned out to be clones. So you see if you would actually read the sg comic you would know it isnt how Thanos acts anymore. Throw in Thanos just showing up and losing off panel and what do you have. It doesnt add up.

But lets just say we count it and Ill humor you sg doesnt have any losses so is it really a low showing.

All you would say is "Darkseid greatest enemy is stairs lol", "Darkseid got beat my stairs", "Batman made Darkseid bleed from a kick", etc, etc, etc. You do realize all that doesn't make it non-canon right? It can be PIS, CIS or just bad writing, but it's still canon. Just because it goes against a character doesn't make it non-canon it's just sloppy writing.

Which is fine, as I have a problem with you saying what is canon and what is not.

The Great Galen
You know wat esle is slopp writing, SS loses to Thanos. By feats it shoudl easily be SS>>>Thanos but meh, wonky marvel writers.

Mindset
You know wat esle is slopp writing, SS loses to Thanos. By feats it shoudl easily be SS>>>Thanos but meh, wonky marvel writers.

Not really, by feats Thanos > SS.

Unless you are talking about some non-combat feats.

LORD B

you complain about people using the same example against darkseid,yet you use this reason all the time?
how is it wonky writing,thanos has taken everything surfer has to offer and it had know effect.thanso is superior even every department except speed.
give me examples of wonky writing then!!

The Great Galen
Here's wonky writing, Thanos can be cut by wolverine and is yet uneffected by Surfer. Thanos staing he is afriad of Hulk yet SS cant beat him WTF

Mindset
Here's wonky writing, Thanos can be cut by wolverine and is yet uneffected by Surfer. Thanos staing he is afriad of Hulk yet SS cant beat him WTF

That would be writing that contradicts with Thanos average showings.

And he never said he was afraid of Hulk.

LORD B
if i remember correctly wolverine cut surfer before, so what it means nothing.abc logic!!
thanos said it was a conflict he sought to aviod, not that he feared hulk,anyway thaos has put hulk inline before.

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg202/booie2008/bitchslap.jpg

Bad Ash231
SS >>> Thanos

no expression

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/Thanospossespowercosmic.png

Thanos solos this f*cking thread.

The Great Galen
A lot of fans agree that SS should be ranked above Thanos, it only makes sense based on there feats and such. I mean Drax killed Thanos and Drax isnt exactly SS...regardless DS solos this.

Mindset
A lot of fans agree that SS should be ranked above Thanos, it only makes sense based on there feats and such. I mean Drax killed Thanos and Drax isnt exactly SS...regardless DS solos this.

Drax was made for the sole purpose of killing Thanos.

And a lot of fans are wrong.

LORD B
seriously im not trying to be an ass, how does ds solo?

Bouboumaster
Thanos

TricksterPriest
This book is canon to dc. Its a good read to boot. Great art and great stories. It backs itself up. smile

What the f**k? No it doesn't. There isn't a single thing in that book that gets referenced elsewhere.

Once again, PROVE IT! Prove it, you worthless hypocritical biased excuse for a debator.

Btw, snatching guys like Orion from the timestream and controlling them isn't a feat? Soloing and controling the LSH, isn't a feat? Standing up to their full firepower before he boosted his power via pantheon killing ISN'T A FEAT?!

Mindset
What the f**k? No it doesn't. There isn't a single thing in that book that gets referenced elsewhere.

Once again, PROVE IT! Prove it, you worthless hypocritical biased excuse for a debator.

Btw, snatching guys like Orion from the timestream and controlling them isn't a feat? Soloing and controling the LSH, isn't a feat? Standing up to their full firepower before he boosted his power via pantheon killing ISN'T A FEAT?!

No cool

TricksterPriest
Stay out of this. And how is that an answer? If you can't prove that S/B is canon, (and most evidence including the bizarre lapses of continuity and shit writing indicates it's not), then it can't be used to bash DS.

Mindset
Cry more zorro

*T*
This book is canon to dc. Its a good read to boot. Great art and great stories. It backs itself up. smile Wow no proof provided.

Nice.

Cap'n Happy
The way I see it, it comes down to this:
Which hero will be less distracted by his "partner"?
I say that the surfer has the edge here. With his cosmic awareness, he can watch his own back a little better that Supes can ('cause neither Thanos or Darkseid can be trusted, obviously). Being less distracted, SS can fight more efectively- and I think he's MARGINALLY more powerful than Superman (at the very least, he has superior distance attacks).
the winners: Silver Surfer and Thanos
P.S. The Surfer is killed immediately afterwards by Thanos.

quanchi112

Btw, snatching guys like Orion from the timestream and controlling them isn't a feat? Soloing and controling the LSH, isn't a feat? Standing up to their full firepower before he boosted his power via pantheon killing ISN'T A FEAT?! Even you say that the Superman/Batman arc is canon so why do I have to prove anything to you. And you call me biased when you yourself admit you are dc biased.

Darkseid's henchmen snatched Orion from the timestream. Ds was still out. If you read it youd know this.

Darkseid stood up to them because he was stealing his means powers but ultimately got crushed by puberty Superman. It was a bad,bad showing for Darkseid.

quanchi112
Stay out of this. And how is that an answer? If you can't prove that S/B is canon, (and most evidence including the bizarre lapses of continuity and shit writing indicates it's not), then it can't be used to bash DS. Your yourself admit its canon.

Badabing
Superman/Batman is canon.

Using only low showings for one character and only high showing for another character isn't good debating.

The thread starter only said the fight takes place on Earth, not DC or Marvel Earth. In a neutral universe Surfer can't use Kryptonite on Superman because it's a different universe and it won't effect him and that's assuming Surfer could make Kryptonite. Red sun radiation isn't a well known weakness and not public knowledge. Also, red sun radiation is considered power draining which the thread starter said wasn't allowed.

Quan and Trick, I suggest you both put each other on ignore for your own good.

Closed for now.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.