Anakin and Owen's Father

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

theEviljedi
It seems that Jack Thompson will be playing Cleig Lars,Owen's father,Shmi's husband,and Anakin's step-father.

King Jedi
But Owen is Obi-Wans brother. Does that make him Owen and Obi-Wans father and if so, does that mean that Obi-Wans real name is Ben Lars.

theEviljedi
I thought that Owen was Obi Wan's brother too and he originally was.But now with the prequels Lucas is altering things.

Dim
Nothing new there smile

Dim
I wonder if Thompson's going to get reamed for letting that little secret out of the bag.

King Jedi
EJ, both stories could be true. Owen could be Obi-Wans brother and Cliegg is their father. Cliegg then marries Shmi making Anakin the step-brother of Obi-Wan and Owen.
It's complicated but it could work.There are three problems with this:

1: How do Cliegg and Shmi meet and where was Owen and Cliegg during TPM?

2: We have seen the Lars farm from one of the select pics so if Shmi and Cliegg are married then they will live there. How can Shmi do this if she is a slave? Maybe she isn't a slave but then who is Anakin going to free?

3: Why did Obi-Wan never mention this in the OT because he would then be Lukes uncle.

I hope we find out soon before my head explodes.

theEviljedi
I think Owen was born a few years before Anakin and his dad met Shmi some how.

Maybe they still have there own properties or she and Cleig and Owen are all slaves and Shmi married while a slave.I bet that will lead to jealiousy from Anakin.

Xantos Clone
geez...all of this family stuff is starting to make star wars a soap opera not a space opera.....

who is next Darth "JR Euwing"?...

who shot JR with a blaser?...

King Jedi
Ha Ha....that's what I thought. We have the Lars family, Padmes family, maybe the Organas, the Fetts and the craziest dis-functional family in the world(no, not the Simpsons) the SKYWALKERS. How is Lucas going to fit all these characters in?

What if Anakin returned home, desperate to free his mum, only to realise that she is no longer a slave and is now living with her new family on a farm? I think he would be so angry that he might just go and kick some Hutt butt and free the other slaves. Just for fun.

Ushgarak
Although it made it into early ROTJ scripts and the novel, Owen Lars has never officially been revealed as Obi-Wan's brother. Although it's still possible that George will keep this early line of reasoning, Mr. Lucas has continually stated that the only official plotlines are those from the films themselves. This in mind, we have no reason to think that Owen will be blood related to anyone in the films, so fitting him in will be easy.

Still, bloody interesting to see him in the film. We'll finally sort out who he actually is.

Xizor
It seemed rather obvious to me that the Owen as Ob1's brother think wouldn't pan out in the prequels. Especially since it wasn't mentioned to the public and GL already altered stuff. I liked the idea of Owen's mom dying when he was young and over the last 10 years him and Schmi the slave have been helping each other out. They fill the mother-son void missing in their lives. Owen lives with Cleigg on the farm and that's the hangout of Ani/Padme and the other main characters when they show up to free the slaves. Owen helps out, returns w/ Ani to Coruscant and meets Beru, an Alderaanian ambassador/friend of Bail. Owen causes a riff in Ani/Ob1's realationship, he's then later traumatized by Ani's turn and he returns to live in anoymity with Beru on Tatooine, bitter about the outside world. He never got along w/ Ob1 and that's why after reluctantly adopting Luke he tries to keep Luke away from Ob1 as he blames Ben for his friend Anakins turn. I think that would all make sense don't you?

Dim
Yes I think that's a good theory...but I don't know about the Beru/ambassador part. She didn't seem like an ambassdor type to me, but who knows...

And it's Shmi...not Schmi.big grin

Minok
That was her old world spelling.

theEviljedi
Minok is it really you?God where have you been?I've been searching all over for you.

Xantos Clone
the only thing missing is 'Luke & Laura' If Luke spencer had a lightsaber, it would be the same story...

don't get me wrong though....I still love this crap!

I HAVE YOU NOW.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.