Histrionic Personality Disorder

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bardock
A pervasive pattern of excessive emotionality and attention seeking, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:

1. is uncomfortable in situations in which he or she is not the center of attention
2. interaction with others is often characterized by inappropriate sexually seductive or provocative behavior
3. displays rapidly shifting and shallow expression of emotions
4. consistently uses physical appearance to draw attention to self
5. has a style of speech that is excessively impressionistic and lacking in detail
6. shows self-dramatization, theatricality, and exaggerated expression of emotion
7. is suggestible, i.e., easily influenced by others or circumstances
8. considers relationships to be more intimate than they actually are

Syren
eek! I know a bunch of histrionics.

And also, I didn't know what that word meant when I got 56% Histrionic in a personality test... so thanks for the enlightenment.

s|m
Originally posted by bardock
A pervasive pattern of excessive emotionality and attention seeking, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:

1. is uncomfortable in situations in which he or she is not the center of attention
2. interaction with others is often characterized by inappropriate sexually seductive or provocative behavior
3. displays rapidly shifting and shallow expression of emotions
5. has a style of speech that is excessively impressionistic and lacking in detail
6. shows self-dramatization, theatricality, and exaggerated expression of emotion
7. is suggestible, i.e., easily influenced by others or circumstances
8. considers relationships to be more intimate than they actually are

I know some people with that "disorder" erm
I'm more the opposite really erm

Syren
I think a hell of a lot of people could be considered histrionic. Especially if the judgement is made by a person who is rather an introvert, about a person who is more of an extrovert.

s|m
Originally posted by Syren
I think a hell of a lot of people could be considered histrionic. Especially if the judgement is made by a person who is rather an introvert, about a person who is more of an extrovert.
Youre probably right... confused

Clovie
hmmm....... I can think of some example....

And also, I didn't know what that word meant when I got 56% Histrionic in a personality test... so thanks for the enlightenment. i got 90% embarrasment

Syren
laughing out loud It's a perfect quality... I might have got more than 56% actually, I can't recall.

Clovie
why? stick out tongue

i've re-do that test
and now i got 63% of histronic..but some other results worries me confused
i'm doing it once again messed

Syren
Can I have the link please?

Clovie
http://similarminds.com/global-adv.html
here. and you should know where to find it stick out tongue

Syren
I do know where to find it but I couldn't be bothered...

And I just got 90% Histrionic laughing

Along with 90% Extraversion, 90% Artistic, 90% Need To Dominate, 90% Anti-Authority... big grin

Clovie
i've re-do that test and got the same summer like the one i had when i made it for the first time ever smart so i didn't change big grin

and i can be bothered? roll eyes (sarcastic)

hmm..need to dominate? tell that to Jamie stick out tongue

Syren
eek! You cheeky minx... and although I have a need to dominate, I pretty much do as he says anyway ninja

Clovie
tx wink
coz you love him so much touched

Lana
laughing out loud

I got 56% histrionic on that quiz....which is quite apt because even though I'm really shy, I also like attention. I'm odd.

Studying personality disorders is really interesting happy

s|m
22% histrionic erm
and it says i'm: introverted, irritable, feels invisible, observer, depressed, does not enjoy leadership, reveals little about self, dislikes large parties, feels undesirable, does not like to stand out, submissive, suspicious, emotionally sensitive, not a thrill seeker, solitude loving, likes silence, fragile, second guesses self, negative, unadventurous, fearful, weird, focuses on people's hidden motives, paranoid, phobic, cautious, avoidant, intellectual

... erm

icewolf04
What is the prize for a high score tie?

Histrionic |||||||||||||||||||| 90%

ADarksideJedi
That sounds alot like some of my c0-workers at my job.

Dave_97
sup guys, just thought i'd pop in since this thread is about me, Wellp, im off to get attention else where.

lord xyz
I think a hell of a lot of people could be considered histrionic. Especially if the judgement is made by a person who is rather an introvert, about a person who is more of an extrovert. I believe everyone could be considered histrionic. It's not as if no one has episodes. What is a normal human being anyway?

Hi, btw. stick out tongue

Insomniatric
Originally posted by The True Fear

2 kind of describes me, but I only act perverted to make people laugh.

4 REALLY describes me. I'm always flexing my muscles so girls will notice them. Yeah I sound like a douche, but I still do it.

King of Anglia
Yeah, you sound like a complete prick.

Insomniatric
Well that's a little overboard.

That's really the only douchey thing I do.

I work hard to get the body that I have, if I'm gonna work that hard I at least want a couple girls to notice.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.