phantom of the opera opinions

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nightphantom
has anyone seen the Phantom of the Opera movie? if so, did you like it? What is your favorite song, scene character? Did you see the play? if so, how did it rate in comparison to the movie? Thanks for answering!

angelic_devil
i loved it, i know lots of people thought it was it was a bad version but it thought for what it was (a gothic musical) it was great. i have to say compared to the play its not as good but thats because seeing the play is an amazing experience and the girl playing christine was far better i thought.
you have to read the book, the book is FANTASTIC, very different though, much darker and after reading the book you may not like the film so much because the film seems to be avoiding the subject of the phantoms true madness and it misses out a lot from the book and changes a lot.
i thought the phantom was the best character i felt so bad for him, all he ever did was love christine and want to fit in with the rest of the world and they just ridiculed him, its no wonder he turned out a little crazy, and to be honest i didn't like joseph buquet anyway!!!!

cuteandstrange
My friend totally loves the Phantom of the Oprea. I didn't really like it that much but it was ok, no offence. I am not a real fan of musicals.
It was very sad though and it was freaky when the phantom hung that one guy.

Wolfie
I assume you mean the newest movie.

I didn't like it. A small percentage of musical movies actually work. Phantom of the Opera wasn't one of them.

SharinganFire06
I loved it. I have never seen the play or read the book but for what it was (an amazing OPERA (not a musical (they are different))) it was outstanding. I am now trying to go see it as a play but i'm not sure they still perform it

InigoMontoya
I think the stage version is one of the most perfect pieces of theartre ever. I've seen it 3 times. And the book is a classic. I enjoyed the movie a lot, but don't think it really compares at all to seeing it live. It loses some of its magic on screen, the tricks in the movie you know are movie magic....it's so much more thrilling when it's on stage, because you know the illusion is so much more real.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.