Dr. Hannibal Lecter vs Batman I.Q Test

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Who is Smarter?

roughrider
With respect to Bruce, Lecter wins.
As it's written in The Silence Of The Lambs, Clarice Starling sat across from Dr. Lecter: "One of them extremely bright, the other not measurable by any means known to man."

eL sTanKo
Yeah....I think Bruce's IQ has been quoted as being between 150-160( i thnk this is pretty modest considering what we know he has done and what we know he knows), id have to say a more accute gage of his IQ would be somewhere above 200. I say that the three smartest mortals in DC earth are, Bruce Wayne, Slade Wilson and Lex Luthore.

Creshosk
Originally posted by eL sTanKo
Yeah....I think Bruce's IQ has been quoted as being between 150-160( i thnk this is pretty modest considering what we know he has done and what we know he knows), id have to say a more accute gage of his IQ would be somewhere above 200. I say that the three smartest mortals in DC earth are, Bruce Wayne, Slade Wilson and Lex Luthore. 220 I think I saw it as somewhere. . .

and batman one million had an IQ over 1000 I think. . .

Tha C-Master
Genius level is 140 and up...

I don't remember mine but it was higher than that though...

Creshosk
I remember what mine is at least. . . Don't know what it is for certain. . . But I know what it's said to be based on what I did complete.

Not that it matters though, people inaccuratly use it as a way to determine inteligence. and thats fine for things such as games where "IQ" plays a significant meaning. However it is mostly just a measurement of how well you learn.

There isn't a really good way to measure what intelligence really is, as thereare more than one type of inteligence. Book smarts, Tactile thinking, creative inteligence, problem solving. etc. etc. etc. where a person might be a genius in one of these feilds they might not do so hot in others.

Of course this is also the best (read: only) way we have, and really only measures book smarts. But the truth of these lands is often replaced by cinsensus when it comes to definitions of words. . . Ah well. . .

Tha C-Master
I love his little tangents.

How do you feel about idiot savants? stick out tongue

Draco69
Unfortunately Batman has "EVERYTHING" smarts. Dear God, he seems to know everything about everything.

Tha C-Master
about everything.

Nice sig and avatar btw.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
I love his little tangents. Well this thread is rather pointless and will probably be closed, due to Hannibal not being a major comic book character, and no way to determine the outcome do to being so vauge, and even with official statements that would certianly render any debate impossible anyway.

How do you feel about idiot savants? stick out tongue *shrugs* I don't feel any particular way about groups that one can't control being organized into.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Draco69
Unfortunately Batman has "EVERYTHING" smarts. Dear God, he seems to know everything about everything. That's why 220 seems rather low to me. . . I mean for the most part I know of two characters that are also supposed to be geniuses, but never pull off what Batman does, and have IQ's of 300. . .

Tha C-Master
dude calm down, I liked your point, no need to explain...

have you read get fuzzy?

Creshosk
dude calm down, I liked your point, no need to explain... I am calm, which is why I'm tangenting all to hell in the firstplace, I just go where my mind wanders and keep babbling on.

have you read get fuzzy? You mean the comic strip? laughing out loud

golem370
You mean like a thread about Bruce Lee not being a major comic book person.

who?-kid
If Lecter was so smart, why did he end up in prison ? And Lecter only has some booksmartness and a few psychological moves, while Batman has much more than that.

roughrider
Originally posted by who?-kid
If Lecter was so smart, why did he end up in prison ? And Lecter only has some booksmartness and a few psychological moves, while Batman has much more than that. [/QUOTE

If Batman is so smart, how come he always puts a child in danger (Robin)to fight crime?

who?-kid
Originally posted by roughrider
If Batman is so smart, how come he always puts a child in danger (Robin)to fight crime?
I wouldn't call him just a child... he can kick your ass and your brothers ass at the same time... maybe even mine lol.

Tha C-Master
Actually the smartest people are in jail, believe it or not...

I know ALOT about people in jail.

Creshosk
Originally posted by roughrider
If Lecter was so smart, why did he end up in prison ? And Lecter only has some booksmartness and a few psychological moves, while Batman has much more than that. The psychological damage of knowing you got your ass kicked by a kid.

Besides training these kids to be able to defend themselves is hardly what I'd call stupid.

Creshosk
Actually the smartest people are in jail, believe it or not...

I know ALOT about people in jail. People in jail are smart, but I'd say the smartest are ouside taking full advantage of our current systems to make themselves happy.

You don't need to acomplish great things to be happy either though.

Tha C-Master
Meh some people make mistakes, just because they are in jail doesn't mean they were using their smarts for crime.

The smartest people have emotions...

Anyways, do you read the get fuzzy comic strip?

NoFate007
You know...originally, I was going to give this to Lecter. However, while reading those posts, I realized something. This isn't pure book smarts, this is also street-smarts and bluffing ability. Batman wins this for sure.

Lecter is a genius. He knows a lot, he can use his psychology extremely well...however...Batman not only knows cultural things, psychology, chemistry, engineering, etc etc etc. He is just as bit, if not better, of a psychologist, plus he has the street-smarts, and he can successfully bluff the hell out of EVERYONE, including "the perfect Superman". Whenever those two team up, he makes Superman look like he has a 35 IQ.

If you gave them the SAT's or something, Lecter would get a better score, but if you put them in another situation, Batman's got it. If Batman were in Lecter's world, Lecter wouldn't have eaten so many people before getting caught.

Tha C-Master
good post!

Creshosk
Meh some people make mistakes, just because they are in jail doesn't mean they were using their smarts for crime.

The smartest people have emotions... And some people are in jail and are totally innocent.

Anyways, do you read the get fuzzy comic strip? Yup.

good post! Agreed.

Tha C-Master
Which is why wisdom and intelligence are different, this was an intelligent discussion, the biggest geniuses, are often the biggest fools.

Juntai
Batman is considered the second smartest human, behind Lex.

Creshosk
Which is why wisdom and intelligence are different, this was an intelligent discussion, the biggest geniuses, are often the biggest fools. There is a fine line between genius and insane. . . And that line is called success. . .

Of course then there are those who are both insane and geniuses. . .

Tha C-Master
Yes...

roughrider
I wouldn't call him just a child... he can kick your ass and your brothers ass at the same time... maybe even mine lol.

Yeah, and Batman packs on all the body armour he can, in black, and gives his kid sidekick a clown outfit that would light up any alley way! Good use for a decoy! stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.