Mace Windu (Spoiler)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jayntree
In an interview Tuesday evening on E! News Live with Samuel L. Jackson, who will be hosting the ESPY awards for the 3rd straight time, he told E!, "Now that people have seen me in the last movie (AotC), their probably excited to see how I die in the 3rd movie."

Dexx
Well....we know that...the question is who?.....

King Jedi
I always thought it would be Anakin but now that I've seen AOTC I think it will be Boba Fett.

Ushgarak
It will be SO crappy to have a 12 year old kill Windu.

LanceWindu
Maybe it's some other thing we don't even know about yet.

King Jedi
How do you know he'll only be 12?

Ushgarak
Because it is highly likely that Episode iii is two years after AOTC.

King Jedi
Who says? Even if he is only 12, I don't think he'd beat him in a straight fight. Maybe a rocket in the back. Boba would cheat.

sarlacc
i agree with ush if its a fair fight. but vengence is a powerful motivator and boba could always shoot him in the back or something. i would love to see boba start his career by taking out mace. doubt that it will happen though.

Ushgarak
Mace is a Jedi Master. He is nearly imposasible to surprise.

Lucasfilm timelines have ep. iii two years later, and they have been 100% accurate so far.

If it IS a surprise attack, then it is sitll a shitty way for Mace to die.

King Jedi
Bad for Mace, good for Boba.

sarlacc
i agree but it won't be teh first shitty death we've seen in the saga. as for a surprise, their powers are fading...

Ushgarak
Their ability to sense the future is. Their power in general still seems to be spot on!

sarlacc
but if he can't see the future as well, he could be open to a surprise attack of some kind right?

Ushgarak
He still has his senses. Remember Anakin and Obi-Wan, able to sense everything that was going on in Padme's room? How can you possibly surprise people like that?

Besides, it's the long therm sensing that seems to have gone wrong with them, it seems, not their reflexes caused by brief glimpses of what is to come.

sarlacc
i agree, just saying that with what is set up the possiblity does exist, regarless of how improbable. i think it can be done and i for one would love to see it but it most likely won't happen.

Ushgarak
I agree it is possible. Boba is definitely a contender for killing Mace. But I hope not because I think it would be rubbish.

Dexx
Yeah, maybe he'll kill Mace by sneeking a Reek into his bedroom, while he's sleeping

sarlacc
rubbish is a strong word. i agree the 98% of GL's options with boba would probably come off as crap. but depending on the rest of the script, it could be done in a way that would satisfy most fans, whether of mace or boba. we all assume we will see mace die and that will be a disappointment but after aotc i think boba will be the sentimental favorite to pull it off, which is possible with a little cunning and ingenuity.

Ushgarak
But at 12??? Windu is no idiot, either. A 12 year old outwitting a Jedi Master is just as bad!

sarlacc
its determination baby. as i was reading your post i had another little thought. we see boba's evolution mirror anakins a little in this movie, seeing their only parent die. fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, and hate leads to suffering, maybe this works for boba as well. as for the 12 year old thing, i don't think it woud be any worse than a blind han solo taking out boba or the ewoks taking out " a legion of best troops". it all dpends on the situation, even though i want to see it happen , i agree that the possiblity of it being "rubbish" is great.

phinney6
Maybe Mace is called into Palpy's room where he reveals that he is Sideous and then Annie and Sideous double team him

LaurenE147
Boba could opt for the speeding up of his maturation like the Kaminoans were talking about. Then he would have a better chance for beating Mace.

Ushgarak
I would imagine that if he was created unaltered, he would have to stay that way; even if not he would still only be 14.

Captain REX
My theory is that Mace and Anakin will duel (when Annie is Vader) and Anakin will relieve Mace of a limb (his right arm roll eyes (sarcastic) ) and that then Boba will get his sweet revenge and blast Mace into oblivion with rockets, Slave I's cannons, or somethin.

JediOasis
I want Palpatine to kill Mace and Anakin will kill Dooku. As for Boba Fett, maybe he'll team up with Aurra Sing and hunt down some Jedi for Palpy.

Captain REX
Uh...no.

Corran
I agree, I think this is a likely option.

Ushgarak
My answer to that option still applies.

JediOasis
If he went with the age speed up thing, he'd be too old in the OT. Hopefully George changes his mind and decides to leave Boba out of EPIII. There is NO WAY he could kill Mace Windu.

queeq
No Boba, no genetic alteration. That takes place at the moment the clone is made. It's not as if you insert a chip and change the genetic status.

I hope GL treads carefully with Boba. He destroyed as much of his cult status as he did.

Oh.... question: Why does Boba sound so very different that Jango? They're identical (so same voice) and they wear the same armour... Yet, their voice it totally different. Eat your heart out fixing that one, GL.

Gundark
I would guess Boba's vocal chords just hadn't matured yet.

I am absolutely against Boba killing Mace. No way. I'm seeing Palpatine killing Mace and Anakin killing Dooku. Not necessarily at the same time, but I think Mace dying will in some way enable Yoda to escape because they both know one of them HAS to survive. But I'm not sure will Obi Wan will fit into this.

LaurenE147
What about Dooku killing Mace? They were apparentyly old friends when Dooku was still a Jedi and this could be payback for overshadowing him when he was at the Temple or something.

Gundark
That would be a helluva fight.

JediOasis
Perhaps both Yoda and Mace confront Palpatine after it is found out he is Darth Sidious. Mace dies and Yoda barely escapes with his life. I know Palpatine taking on the two strongest Jedi sounds tough, but in the OT Yoda was very specific in telling Luke not to underestimate the Emperor and his powers, perhaps Yoda and Mace did underestimate him and it cost Mace his life.

Dexx
Yoda doesen't have to make a mistake to learn from it. Aware he is of the emperors powers. Just not in ep. 1, 2
Though it might be a good version. yoda watching mace get killed and then him bearly escaping....retreating to Dagobah. But....Even if he is the Emperor......can he defeat two of the most important jedi masters like MAce and Yoda?

JediOasis
Thats the idea. If Palpatine can beat both Yoda and Mace that would show how powerful he really is.

Dexx
but...but...but.....he's getting so old and...scruffy..... smile

Gundark
But Palpatine fights with his knowledge of the Force, not with a lightsabre.

queeq
I meant the mature Boba.... in ESB. roll eyes (sarcastic)

finti
Maybe he has a better filter in his helmet

queeq
Hmmmm.... worse filter in the sense that we can hardly discern his voice. I like the ESB one better.

finti
He can actually have injuries in his troath or it is just too much Whiskey

Gundark
Oh...uh... yes.

finti
I`ll go for a troath injury

Halba
the idea of a TWELVE year old killing JEDI MASTER MACE WINDU is appalling

think straight guys!!

Those he lifted JANGO's helmet in AOTC, it was his signal to become like his dad (the one we see in ESB)..its not about vengeance for MACE

queeq
I wouldn't mind if we didn't see Boba again in EPIII.

mah
oi! boba-kid was *the* coolest!

JediOasis
I don't really mind all that much if we see a young Boba Fett again, I just hope we don't see him kill Mace Windu.

mah
yeah, I wouldn't want that

queeq
Indeed.

Julie
to play the devil's advocate.....Anakin's only about 19 when he kills an entire village of tusken raiders.....

Anyway...I think Mace dying by Anakin's hand is much more appealing evil face

Ushgarak
Yes, but Anakin was one of the most potentially powerful beings the Galaxy had ever seen armed with a weapon that the Raiders could do nothing at all about.

Boba is an angry boy paired off against one of the top two men of the Jedi Order.

Not going to happen!

LaurenE147
The Biggest Giant Head said that Boba Fett wouldn't be killing anybody. He would still be a little boy pretty much.

Ushgarak
Yup, we know.

Julie
ok...I'll go along with that....

yerssot
don't forget Dooku is still alive, he needs to get killed and he can kill someone else too (Mace?)

ko_kidd_2k1
Ppl love Jango Fett and love Boba Fett even more since Ep II, I was never that big of a Fett fan, but Jango kicked some serious ass and his head getting chopped off is definitely a rememberable moment (is that even a word? confused )

Anyway, Boba could be aged, HIGHLY DOUBT that though, he could be aged to like 18 though.

But, does anyone know his actual age (in Ep II). He might be some little 13 year old kid. Some kids are mad small at that age and get bigger over time. If the movie takes place three years later then we might see him as 16 years old or so.

But anyway:

I don't think we'll see him beat Mace, that would be BS (but I would accept that if it happened).

I see Jango being hired by the Emperor along with other bounty hunters to kill the Jedi, as there are a crap load left. It would allow him to operate without the Senate knowing about what he's doing. (he might start some story/rumor that gets some ppl mad with Jedi, but they're Jedi so you'd be crazy to do anything, so he secretly gets Bounty Hunters, etc.)

I think Jango will kill a Jedi or two.

yerssot
you're messing things up there...

Boba in an UNALTERED clone of Jango, said in the movie

and it's already said he won't kill anyone!

aaaaaaaand ... Jango is quite dead by now to get hired

mah
yes laughing out loud

Captain REX
Maybe Mace and...some other evil lightsaber user...will duel and the evil dude will win, then let Boba rip Mace to shreds with a blaster cannon...nah.

ko_kidd_2k1
YES YES YES, MY MISTAKE:

OUCH mad mad :shy:

But seriously, I meant Boba Fett, I have seen the movies at least 5 times each, except once for Ep II.

Seriously, the Jedi are about to be hunted down, there are probably a thousand (low estimate) Jedi throughout the galaxy at that time, and Palpatine messes around with the Senate continuously.

Plus the Senate is still around up to ANH.

Ushgarak
Common number for Jedi is ten thousand. And judging by Boba's performance in ROTJ he'd be no good at hunting Jedi.

yerssot
Boba IS rather old in ROTJ

Ushgarak
He's no older than Jango in AOTC, who looked far better qualified!

yerssot
I like Jango better anyway big grin

Mujaffa
boba is too slow...get eaten by a scarlac...... laughing

LaurenE147
he deserved a much cooler death

Dexx
like his "father" evil face

LaurenE147
at least Jango was killed by a Jedi

Dexx
Precisely!....i'm sure an energy blade going straight thru your neck feels a hell of a lot better if it comes from a jedi.

finti
oh brother roll eyes (sarcastic)

Dexx
what?

Julie
some questions are better not asked...

Bicnarok

Evil Windu
No not really, But I do think Anakin or a bunch of Stormtroopers will take out Mace. Oh yeah, BTW, Sam has already finished shooting his parts and will be back next year or somthing like that.

JediOasis
I may be wrong but I thought I read somewhere where SLJ said he wanted to be taken out by someone bad with a lightsaber and didn't want to go out like a punk. Usually what he wants he gets. Also from what we know Lucas said in the AOTC commentary Windu dies at the end of the Clones Wars and the end of the War is at the beginning of the movie. My guess is that it is Count Dooku who kills Mace Windu while Mace does something heroic(cause Jackson said he wanted a good death scene)

Ushgarak
He certainly said he did not want to go out like a punk. The assumption, therefore, has always been that he would go to a sabre duel, but there is no offiical word from anyone, SLJ included, on that.

Mist
maybe mace finds out that sidious is a sith, then trys to take him out. sidious is more powerful and zaps mace.

Rogue Jedi
i doubt if boba will be in ep.3.

Ushgarak
He's in, just doubtful he will be doing anything important.

Rogue Jedi
what possible reason would lucas have for putting him in? what is he gonna do? bounty hunting at age 12-13? come on.....

Evil Windu
SPOILER WARNING !!!!

http://www.frailart.net/members/DrkShp/view-image.jpg

Is it my imagination or does it seem like that mock up is scaled down to....say....the size of a 15 year old boy (pronounced Daniel Logan)?

imhotep
I like the puppy on the wallsmile

Mist
that boy cant act

Ushgarak
Yeah, he IS in, RJ.

Evil Windu
Yep, I just hope HE isnt the one to kill Mace !!! If that happens.. Im walking out of the theater w/o my money back !

Morph
It'd be cool to see a teen Boba suited up...you have to admit that. It'd be funny if Lucas casted Jet Li as a dark jedi and had him karate chop Mace Windu to death. I AM ABOVE THE LAW!

grifta
The idea of Boba killing mace hadn't even crossed my mind, but again in the original trilogy, Boba was quite reknown and feared more so than his father( just my opinion from the way the movies portray him) so the possibility stands that a 12 year old non-force user son of the great Jango Fett venging his father's death by killing the murderer, Mace Windu a jedi master would skyrocket his fame. The probability of it actually happening slim, but the idea is quite intriguing. I think that if he does kill Mace it will be a fluke like Obi-Wan killing Maul. But as it stands now I believe it will be Dooku who does the killing. Being that Dooku has become so powerfull, and even a master swordsman such as Mace might be overwhelmed by the power of the Dark Side.

Rogue Jedi
i never said he WAS NOT in, i simply stated that i cant imagine what his role will be in the storyline.

finti
hmm I thought so as well until this picture came up

imhotep
In both Fan scripts I read, they put him in. And at least in one of them he does kill Mace and in a really believable and cruel way. It was actually the one hipothesis I never thought about and it seemed believable and, better yet, it would fit into all we have seen before.

Do you know what I'm talking about or should I explain?

finti
if he kills mace I will be dissapointed

imhotep
In an intense fight with Clone Troopers, Mace Windu spots a helpless child amidst the rumble, he jumps between the child and the troopers to protect him, big mistake, the child is Boba Fett. He takes out a blaster and shoots MAce in the back, with a smile on his face.

I find that even though its a real sh***y way to go, it falls right into the dark and treacherous feel the movie shoul have. No glorious deaths for the Jedis, just kill them without pitty or honour. That is the true way of the dark side.

finti
well he would go out like a punk that way

Rogue Jedi
i thought he was gonna go out in a blaze of glory?

imhotep
For the Jedi to go out in a blaze of glory would be, in my humble opinion, against the dark nature of the film. GL said this would be a very dark movie, no room for glory deaths there. We have to feel, angry, bloody angry, about what is hapening to our favorite characters. Only then will you feel truly pissed and bloodthirsty for the Empire. Something reminiscent of the World War Two movies, where you see the injustice of things like Nazism and the Holocaust. It has to be about betrayal, death, anger, rage. It has to be about the dark side so that in the end, and I mean ROTJ, you feel that Vaders sacrifice is like a vindication for all that hapenned before.
I for one, want to leave the theatre with a sickening feeling in my stomach because thats what the dark side is about.

Ushgarak
Yeah, but it has been confirmed that Mace will not get a 'punks' death and will go out with a GOOD ending.

imhotep
How much will that be an original GL idea or a push by L.Jacksons Lobby, we will never know...

GABRIEL05
I thought Samuel Jackson said that Boba wasn't gonna kill Mace?

Ushgarak
I don't think anyone has directly said that, just that it seems remarkably unlikely.

Altar[1stONE]
It is confirmed that boba in ep3 will be 15 not 12. so it would be perfectly ok for boba to kill mace.

LanceWindu
How will he be 15 in Ep 3 when he looks to be about 10 in Ep 2.

The next movie is only supposed to be 2-3 years after AOTC.

Altar[1stONE]
He was 12 or 13 , ya looks are not everything man. You should know that , he may of looked young but he really looked 12 in aotc to me.

Evil Windu
Plus.. Didnt all Clones get Combat Training? Did Boba get the same treatment or is he just 'Special' ?

grifta
Mace dieing trying to save a young boy stuck in the crossfire in the war, is GLORIOUS. A jedi is the protector of peace and justice in the universe, and Mace being a Master Jedi is looked upon to be a great leader to show no fear, because there is only the force, as the temple teaches. Now SLJ said he won't go out like a punk, but did he mean the character Mace or as an actor. Because if he meant that Mace won't go out like a punk, then in that fan script he clearly won't out with a bang. Sacraficed himself for a life, a life of a young boy.

Ushgarak
He wasn't 12 or 13 in AOTC, he was 10. The Clones were TEN years old.

JediOasis
Jackson has said that he doesn't want to die by Boba Fett and I imagine that Lucas will respect that wish, as he did with the purple saber. Anyways having a kid kill the 2nd greatest Jedi is just plain dumb. Mace Windu will have to die at the hands of Sidious/Dooku/ or Vader because thats what the character diserves. I don't know why Boba will be in EPIII, maybe just in a meeting with a few other bounty hunters(like ESB) with Palpatine and Vader discussing the Jedi Hunt, but it definetely should NOT be killing Mace.

Mist
good for him.

Mist
boba is a little kid. what he gonna do?

Rogue Jedi
right. thats what ive been trying to say!!!!

Captain REX
Anakin will probably kill Mace.

In Infinities, Yoda makes Vader relive some of his past, in which he kills Mace and Obi-Wan. Then again, he kills Qui-Gon and then chops off Yoda's arm, so never mind.

finti
thats right didnt didnt have any growth speed and the order for the clones was made 10 years prior to the AOTC

Rogue Jedi
so in ep.3 he will be 13.

imhotep

queeq
It probably it's going to be violent and in a nice and stylish fight. Hopefully with Anakin.

Rogue Jedi
i think its gonna be with dooku and several battle droids.

grifta
I just know that Mace vs Dooku in a lightsaber match, is pretty fair, so if it is Dooku then he will cheat, like a sith.

Mist
ahhhh.....a glorious battle it shall be

Celsius
Maybe Mace overdoses on something. laughing out loud

But seriously itll probably be Boba

Ushgarak
As a child?

Rogue Jedi
really. boba fett killing a master jedi when he is 13 years old? unlikely. i didnt say impossible, just highly unlikely.

Mist
if mace windu's scenes are supposed to be unforgettable, he has to die by someone cool, like dooku or anakin

Rogue Jedi
his death is supposed to be glorious. probably, in my opinion, after dispatching dooku he falls under several battle droids.

Mist
nah, not battle droids.
possibly destroyers?
battle droids are no match for a jedi, even mace

Rogue Jedi
thats what i meant. droidekas and the SUPER battlle droids.

queeq
I still want Anakin to kill him for the way MAce treated him in TPM.

finti
Yoda was worse

Rogue Jedi
yes, yoda was worse.

queeq
But Yoda's cute and he doesn't die in the PT. Mace does.

finti
cute?

imhotep
finti, Yoda is the ultimate definition of cute, above and beyond ET.
But then my forum image is Mike Wazowsky so...never mindsmile

Mist
who cares. yoda dont die in ep3
mace does.

Celsius
It sucks that mace will die. sad It'll be horrible watching him die.
It'll be a day of mourning.

queeq
No, it won't. It'd be cool, Jules said so himself.

finti
hmm imhotep, mahdii

Rogue Jedi
mace is not gonna die easily.

imhotep

Morph
Mace is probably gonna have a heart attack or some stupid shit like that. He'll slip off a cliff on a banana peel or something. I don't give a shit how Mace dies, I just want to see JAR JAR GET HIS ****ING HEAD BLOWN OFF! no expression I hate that guy..seriously. I AM ABOVE THE LAW!

Morph
And Imhotep, I can't remember the name of the movie either, but Samuel goes to his parent's house all coked up and whatever asking for money. he gets violent with his mom and his dad either shoots him or stabs him. I don't remember, it's been years since I saw it.

Celsius
Ohh......wel if JULES said so then i guess so....... laughing out loud

imhotep
But it's a Spike Lee movie right? Boyz in tha hood or something like that.

Captain REX
I guess it's going to be by Dooku if it's going to be someone cool... big grin

finti
Spike Lee didnt direct Boyz in the hood, I think the movie is Jungle Fever

Rogue Jedi
mace is gonna kill dooku. watch and see....

finti
oh, but I will watch

Rogue Jedi
and you will see, o wise one.... laughing out loud

GABRIEL05
Yeah Jungle fever. And even though it's not shown, the Negotiator. He also dies in Deep Blue Sea and Jurrasic Park

Morph
Speaking of Spike Lee, who in here liked Sweet Home Alabama? That was such an adorably cute movie. Cute little Reese thinking she's a New Yorker. I can't WAIT for the sequel! Teehee!

Captain REX
That's a little random Morph, and out of place...

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>