General Skywalker?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AnakinNihilus
Hey. I wasn't exactly sure where to post this, and seeing as it concerns The Clone Wars I decided to post it here.

Now I saw in the movies (and at other times) Obi-Wan being called General Kenobi. This meant that he was a general and commanded his own Clone squadron.

My question is did Anakin have his own squadron of Clones that he commanded? And was he General Skywalker? And I'm asking if he was a general at any time during the Clone Wars, seeing as I doubt he was given the rank General while he was just a padawan. But seeing as he became a Knight half way through the wars I was wondering if he was then granted the title of General and given his own clone squadron once that happened.

Unfortunately I have yet to see the Clone Wars TV series, so I don't know if it was answered there. So does anyone know?

Kam Solusar
i guess so, i think all the jedi became commanders in the clone wars

AnakinNihilus
I'm not asking if he became a commander, because the rank of commander isn't all that great. Just look at commander cody... what's so great about him? Nothing. He's exactly the same as the rest of the clones. A commander just tells them what to do within the squadron. And although he is kind of a leader, he is still just another member of the squadron. But the General is in charge, the leader of the pack, they follow his every order.

And I'm not just asking if he was granted the title General, I'm also asking if he was given his own clone squadron. Just like all the Jedi who died in the Great Jedi Purge... they were all killed by their own Clone squadron...

...So anyone?

Deus Ex
Yes, he was. Read "Jedi Trial", though it's by far the worst novel in the Clone Wars series of books. It depicts Anakin Skywalker acting as the SIC and controlling his own army of Clone Troopers to compliment Halcyon and his own army in a heated battle with the Separatists. As a Star Wars novel, this book is pretty poor. It reads more like Starship troopers, with particularly shallow secondary characters (Actually, all the characters are pretty shallow) and next to no SW themes (Such as use the the Force, any real lightsaber fighting, etc.). This is the book where Anakin becomes a Jedi Knight, but his triumph is purely militaristic, since he never reaches any philosophical moments of clarity nor does he act particularly jedi-esque.

In short, it's Anakin Skywalker pasted onto some random Napolean's face and war/hilarity ensues. A better down-to-earth Clone Wars novels that isn't a saberfest would be the MedStar duology, really.

AnakinNihilus
I read somewhere that he Obi-Wan was granted the title of general and that Anakin became his lieutenant. Was this just at the beginning of the Clone Wars? When Anakin was still his padawan. And then after he became a Knight, he became a general and got his own Clone Squadron... right? Does it not answer this in the Clone Wars TV show?

Deus Ex
I haven't seen the Clone Wars tv show, and I don't particularly like it myself. There's a reason it's in the bargain bin at Target.

The Clone Wars novels are more feasible to me anyways. But the only time I've seen Anakin commanding clone troopers is in Jedi Trial, as a general. A subordinate general to Jedi Master Halcyon, but still a general.

Darth Faunus
He's referred to as a General in Labyrinth of Evil by Commander Cody, in the Cato Nemodia incident. Cody says 'Generals Kenobi and Skywalker.' Although, Obi-Wan was seemingly his military superior; after a suggestion by Anakin, Cody looked to Obi-Wan for an official order.

Deus Ex
Obi-Wan was a general as early as six months into the war (The Cestus Deception) and perhaps even before that. I haven't read the Clone Wars tles books, the ones by Scholastic, but they are mentioned in the novels preface as being part of the continuity.

Julie
I think Hard Contact had the jedi men being called "General" and women "Commander"

nate100
Is Jedi Master Halcyon the grandfather of Corran Horn from I, Jedi?

i seem to remember him being mentioned in that book when Corran has a vision/memory of his grandfather having a battle with some sith lords/jantarri? during the clone wars.

Lord Darkstar
yeah thats him

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.